Ex-Pats Should Avoid South Korea

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.
Taco
Elite Upper Class Poster

Ex-Pats Should Avoid South Korea

Post by Taco »

This is one of the few guys I've heard of that endorses Korean women and claims Korean people are friendly.

http://www.henrymakow.com/ex-pats_shoul ... h_kor.html
ssjparris
Junior Poster

Post by ssjparris »

thanks for the article was planning on visiting the country of korea for the women ofcourse. very high quality of women there. damn did not know korea is so squezzed together. although i have lived in japan so maybe not so bad.
Taco
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Taco »

I might have believed this guy's story if it wasn't for the fact that kim chi tastes like shit and everyone I've talked to thats gone to Korea have told me the people are complete assholes.
Mr S
Veteran Poster

Post by Mr S »

I used to live there and didn't have much luck with the women or overall population there. There are some friendly people here and there but for the most part they don't really like Westerners that much. They keep to themselves and even though its mandatory for the whole country to learn and study English, they will rarely try to communicate with you. I don't find most of the women that attractive anyways, maybe only 10-15% are attractive. The ones you see on TV are the exceptions to the rule, not reality.
"The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." Marcus Aurelius, Roman Emperor and stoic philosopher, 121-180 A.D.
green1976
Freshman Poster

Post by green1976 »

Nothing surprising here.

On many boards,i've seen so many guys talking how is not an easy task to have a girlfriend in South Korea and i'm not thinking about f***ing around,because it would be very complicated there.

Women are very high maintenance, thinking their shit don't stink.
That's the norm.

Those who say that AW are destructive, i can reassure you that it's true AW are very awful but many countries are affected by similar diseases.

South Korean women don't escape the infection.
Maybe it's not so in your face comparing to AW,that doesn't mean they are approachable,funny,easy to get laid.

Several males expats prefer to keep some money and go to have fun in SEA.

Also,i've read that life is really boring in South Korea..to the point that a number of westerners decide to get out from there and teach in another country, even when the wages are lower.
chanta76
Experienced Poster

Post by chanta76 »

What I notice is that if your a young (below 30 ) good looking white or non-Asian guy it gives you some advantage. There are some Korean girls who do seek out foreign boy friends but it's not like p4p action you find in the Philippines.
South Korea is small country so I can understand some expat not liking the layout of the country. Plus it can be expensive living in South Korea .

If your an older (over 40) white guy and want to hook up with early 20's Korean girls. It be really tough but not impossible but it's not the norm from what I seen. You most likely hook up with over 30 Korean women. It helps if you speak the language and also helps if you have a better job than an ESL. Most of the expats in South Korea are ESL teachers..unfortunately it's like guilt by association. In the past you had expat ESL teachers who were assholes and to some Korean people they actually look down on expat ESL teachers.

Some of it was brought on by the expats and some of it is Korean xenophobic behavior. I don't why ..but forever reasons allot of expats I met in Asia for the most part are social out cast and weird. I think that's why they are in Asia to start over again but their weird behavior is still found in Asia. Some of the reason why there is a backlash against expat is because sometimes they act like assholes in those countries.
momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by momopi »

zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by zboy1 »

That was an interesting take on S. Korea, momopi. What I don't understand with the racism claims on S. Korea is that many Western countries are just as racist as many Asian countries, so why the complaining? Some of the whites that come to Asia lose some of their "white privilege" so they get mad or upset about it. We'll...how about the way many minorities are treated in Western countries like the U.S. for example. Blacks routinely get harassed by police for no reason, Indians and Muslims thrown out of planes for fear they are terrorists, racial tension in many cities, etc.

And many people that come to Asia that like to point fingers at the local people forgetting just how messed up many of the Anglo Saxon countries can be in terms of race relations. You have race riots like LA and London, the attacks on Indian students in Australia, the Cornulla riots involving Lebanese and Australians, black mobs attacking whites all over the United States, Illegal Mexicans waving the Mexican flag and cursing and threatening gringos, etc. It's not like the Western nations are the paradigm of racial harmony and tolerance.
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by ladislav »

zboy1 wrote:
. It's not like the Western nations are the paradigm of racial harmony and tolerance.
Zboy, you are utilizing a logical fallacy called Et Tu Quoque. Please research on the meaning.

First of all, Western people who go to work in Asia are usually not the racist type, the racist ones generally stay in their own countries. Second, who said Western countries were paragon of racial harmony? No one is claiming that. Most people here for one want to escape the US precisely because of racism. So, it does not make sense to go to yet another racist country.

Even though I am not fond of living in the West, I also must give credit where it is due. Even with lots of racial incidents and tensions, many of Western countries integrate people regardless of race, have strong anti discrimination laws, allow foreign born people to participate in politics and business and give them full citizenship. Those other countries as a rule do not or with great difficulty. And who says only white people want to go there? Many Black and Hispanic people want to go to Asia and suddenly they hear idiotic statements from those Asians such as- you are not an American, you are not a real American. And also, no political correctness. Several times a day people will call you by some nasty name without even realizing they cause offence.

So, I guess the advice here is to go to ex-Spanish colonies, Brazil, Philippines etc to avoid the constant racial tensions. Why leave the US and go to South Korea - from the frying pan into the fire.
A brain is a terrible thing to wash!
chanta76
Experienced Poster

Post by chanta76 »

ladislav,

I have to disagree with you. Some of the white expats who go to Asia are racist. Very racist. Not in a skin head racist or KKK racist but more like condescending racist. Racist in the way of white imperialistic racism. In other words they look down on the people and think going over there life be easier because being a white person supposedly gives you advantages and that the Asian folks worship white people.

It's like why do some expats males go to the Philippines. They go their thinking that the girls are easier to deal with and pick up. They think that being white males gives them automatic advantages. People don't want to face that. Let's admit it. If Philippines girls were as tough as American girls ..would western men go there ? No. It's the perception rather if it is true or not.

It's the same with other Asian countries. Just read this forum threads on Asia. You have guys posting thread like are " Are Chinese women submissive or dominate ". It's like big stereotype that westerns have. Granted we all do this to some degree and behind every stereotype there is an element of truth.

To white people once they feel like a minority and experience some of the racism that I experience in my daily life...it's like a fish out of water to them. They react...what Asian people don't look up to white people ? I'm a white guy. I should have access to everything in Asia because I am white...damn these Asian people are racist.

I seen soooooo many expats exhibit these qualities. You have to understand . To white people they are the dominate group in the west and when they go to Asia. They are a minority in Asia as a race but want to be treated like a dominate group and have access to everything. What they don't realize is that in the west ..people of color experience racism and do not have access to everything. White people sometimes lack empathy to people of color in the west. To many white people. The understanding is being white by default makes them better or superior.

From the expat I seen in Asia. Many of them are racist. They look at Asian people as not equal individual person but more like this other group of people that they bunch into. It's kind of like way back in the 1960's a white hippie will go to black neighborhood and eat at a black diner and tell black people that hey I'm not a racist . I eat with you and maybe even f**k your black women but after it's all over this white hippie will go back to his white neighborhood and still have his white privilege. And if black people shows some resentment to this white hippie . This white hippie will be like what's wrong with you people I am not a racist you HAVE TO LIKE ME. Without taking into consideration the racist history that white people did to black people .

Don't you see. White people in Asia feel that it's an obligation that native local Asian people HAVE TO LIKE WHITE PEOPLE. Why? Because I'm white it has to be this way.

Asian people don't have to do anything for white people. that's when white people complain in Asia. ladislav no offense ...I been to Thailand. As a white man ..it's not bad in Thailand.....I don't know why you keep complaining. There places for a white men to get easy p4p play and possible get a local decent girl friend. I been to the airports in Thailand and because I am Asian looking they thought I was Thai and was treated lower compared to this white guy that I was waiting in line with but once they saw my pass port that I was a US citizen they treated me a little bit better.

Imagine a Thai man in any Western country. He wouldn't have the same access as a white men would in Thailand. Does it make it fair? No. That's life. These expat white men complaining about living in Asia are really complaining about not being in CONTROL AND HAVING EVERYTHING THEIR WAY.

In other words they are disappointed that being white didn't give them that golden cup that they thought they will find in Asia. I call that f***ing justice.
AmericanInMexico
Freshman Poster

Post by AmericanInMexico »

chanta76, I wholeheartedly agree with you, which is why I refused to immigrate to an Asian country and partially why I refuse to date Asian women. I as a white man have no business going into non-white societies and demanding that they treat me special just because I'm white. The only thing I disagreed with you on was your seeming implication that we whites owe non-whites for past discriminatory treatment. I took part in none of that discriminatory treatment, so I refuse to take part in the reparations game.
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by zboy1 »

AmericanInMexico wrote:chanta76, I wholeheartedly agree with you, which is why I refused to immigrate to an Asian country and partially why I refuse to date Asian women. I as a white man have no business going into non-white societies and demanding that they treat me special just because I'm white. The only thing I disagreed with you on was your seeming implication that we whites owe non-whites for past discriminatory treatment. I took part in none of that discriminatory treatment, so I refuse to take part in the reparations game.
Your one of the few whites who get it AmericaninMexico, unfortunately most whites don't. Also, I agree that most whites today should not pay for reparations for stuff that happened to people in the past. Not all white people are directly responsible for the sins of their ancestors. If that were the case, then people could sue everybody for grievances that happened to them--decades or centuries ago; it would be like Russians and the Eastern European's suing Mongolia for atrocities the Mongols committed in the thirteenth century.
NorthAmericanguy
Veteran Poster

Post by NorthAmericanguy »

chanta76 wrote:ladislav,

I have to disagree with you. Some of the white expats who go to Asia are racist. Very racist. Not in a skin head racist or KKK racist but more like condescending racist. Racist in the way of white imperialistic racism. In other words they look down on the people and think going over there life be easier because being a white person supposedly gives you advantages and that the Asian folks worship white people.

It's like why do some expats males go to the Philippines. They go their thinking that the girls are easier to deal with and pick up. They think that being white males gives them automatic advantages. People don't want to face that. Let's admit it. If Philippines girls were as tough as American girls ..would western men go there ? No. It's the perception rather if it is true or not.

It's the same with other Asian countries. Just read this forum threads on Asia. You have guys posting thread like are " Are Chinese women submissive or dominate ". It's like big stereotype that westerns have. Granted we all do this to some degree and behind every stereotype there is an element of truth.

To white people once they feel like a minority and experience some of the racism that I experience in my daily life...it's like a fish out of water to them. They react...what Asian people don't look up to white people ? I'm a white guy. I should have access to everything in Asia because I am white...damn these Asian people are racist.

I seen soooooo many expats exhibit these qualities. You have to understand . To white people they are the dominate group in the west and when they go to Asia. They are a minority in Asia as a race but want to be treated like a dominate group and have access to everything. What they don't realize is that in the west ..people of color experience racism and do not have access to everything. White people sometimes lack empathy to people of color in the west. To many white people. The understanding is being white by default makes them better or superior.

From the expat I seen in Asia. Many of them are racist. They look at Asian people as not equal individual person but more like this other group of people that they bunch into. It's kind of like way back in the 1960's a white hippie will go to black neighborhood and eat at a black diner and tell black people that hey I'm not a racist . I eat with you and maybe even f**k your black women but after it's all over this white hippie will go back to his white neighborhood and still have his white privilege. And if black people shows some resentment to this white hippie . This white hippie will be like what's wrong with you people I am not a racist you HAVE TO LIKE ME. Without taking into consideration the racist history that white people did to black people .

Don't you see. White people in Asia feel that it's an obligation that native local Asian people HAVE TO LIKE WHITE PEOPLE. Why? Because I'm white it has to be this way.

Asian people don't have to do anything for white people. that's when white people complain in Asia. ladislav no offense ...I been to Thailand. As a white man ..it's not bad in Thailand.....I don't know why you keep complaining. There places for a white men to get easy p4p play and possible get a local decent girl friend. I been to the airports in Thailand and because I am Asian looking they thought I was Thai and was treated lower compared to this white guy that I was waiting in line with but once they saw my pass port that I was a US citizen they treated me a little bit better.

Imagine a Thai man in any Western country. He wouldn't have the same access as a white men would in Thailand. Does it make it fair? No. That's life. These expat white men complaining about living in Asia are really complaining about not being in CONTROL AND HAVING EVERYTHING THEIR WAY.

In other words they are disappointed that being white didn't give them that golden cup that they thought they will find in Asia. I call that f***ing justice.
I agree. +1
NorthAmericanguy
Veteran Poster

Post by NorthAmericanguy »

AmericanInMexico wrote:The only thing I disagreed with you on was your seeming implication that we whites owe non-whites for past discriminatory treatment. I took part in none of that discriminatory treatment, so I refuse to take part in the reparations game.

This is a difficult situation. The rise of Western wealth has been obtained from stealing, killing, pillaging and plunder which is really no different then ancient China and all its warfare or other civilizations. The difference is, the European did it on a global scale, and then put systems in place (i.e, poverty, prisons, drugs, IMF, World Bank, Federal Reserve) to keep other racial groups underdeveloped and dependent on them.

Not that I want war, but if something does not give, one day non whites will rise up and use your own technology against you and will take back what was taken from them long ago; at the very least people will fight back to be truly free from European colonialism.

It's either that, or all the pollution from Western civilization will come to kill most of mankind in the end since Europeans only allow themselves to regulate technology.

This is why I don't want kids, the future looks very grim no matter how you slice the cake.
Repatriate
Veteran Poster

Post by Repatriate »

chanta76 wrote:ladislav,

What you're saying here are things that have been pointed out countless times before. A few things that you need to keep in mind is the bigger picture and perspective. We're only 60 odd years removed from the colonial past. WW 1 was the big turning point but WW 2 was the final nail in the coffin for old school imperialism. What we're seeing now is post-colonialism and all its racial and social implications. My father remembers the time when he was told to use the black fountain in the south. That was in the early 60's in the U.S. Think about this for a minute 40 years ago a black man or in my father's case an asian man could not even use the same fountain as a white man. These attitudes and the racial power structure in anglo societies won't go away overnight. Naturally society will lean towards the dominant class of people. There's two sides to the issue as well, it's not so much white people in asia acting and feeling self entitled but asian people in general possessing a colonial mentality as well which allow this to become reality. These mentalities and complexes will not fade in our lifetime.

If a few guys want to take advantage of this congrats, they won the racial lottery. As a man I actually don't look down on someone taking advantage of every edge they have when it comes to women. I don't believe in racial tribalism.

I have met scummy expats before as well but there's surprisingly few that i've personally encountered in Thailand. I generally don't hang out at beer bars or white expat clubs where these guys hang out. If i'm out on the town i'm usually with middle class thai-americans or other people with class and education. Birds of a feather and all that. I guess that makes me a bit elitist because I don't waste time with degenerates and low class people in person. These people are not worth my time and life is too short for me to expend effort debating respective world views with them. I have met only two expats that were obviously self entitled assholes but everyone else figured out their attitude too and stayed far away from them. They had few local friends and other expats couldn't stand them either. I believe people who walk around with this superiority complex get theirs eventually. They either treat locals badly one too many times and end up in a ditch or get knocked out one day in a bar somewhere. There's karma to these things.

I would relax though if I were you, Chanta. It's obvious by your posts you've been in the U.S. way too long and it's polluted your mind with race and has placed a permanent chip on your shoulder. It'd do you a lot of good to get away for awhile and live elsewhere where you can truly be yourself rather than play into these racial power games with others.

I've never seen this type of treatment. Thai immigration are about the last people on earth to favor whites, heh. Believe me it pays to be mistaken as Thai-american. I have seen and been privy to the girls Thai guys get and the girls most foreign expats get. I would rather be in the Thai dating pool any day of the week. I don't know how it is in Korea but Thai-Americans in Thailand tend to get the very top pick of the litter.