Longing to Escape the North American Lifestyle

Introduce yourself here and let us know who you are.
Forum rules
Welcome. If you are new here, please read the Forum Rules.
adria2789
Freshman Poster

Re: Longing to Escape the North American Lifestyle

Post by adria2789 »

EscapetoFreedom7 wrote:Hello:

In college, I worked and went to school, so very difficult to make decent friends because when you commute, you're isolated from the social scene. The same goes for the dating scene. I have been told I am not aggressive enough nor do I act immodestly enough. I have been told I'm just too nice and bitches land the best guys. These are the reasons I have been given as to that's why I'm single. Frankly, these rationales just prove to me how deeply mentally disturbed society is.

Welcome EscapetoFreedom7,

I wholeheartly agree with your comment. I know guys who date bitchy women, get cheated on, break up and the cycle continues. Then they ask "where are the good girls are?" On the flip side, I know girls who date complete jerks too and follow the same cycle. I have the same "problem" as you. I am not aggressive and am too modest (don't wear revealing clothes, don't brag about myself etc). These two problems and my hectic schedule keeps me from dating. Anywho, enough about me...welcome to the forum! Hope you stick around :)
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by ladislav »

While it is important to share one's experiences with others, let's not lose the sight of the goals. May I ask you this:

What would be the ideal situation for you? Work-wise, romance-wise, society-wise, climate-wise, etc. so that we could now start slowly but surely moving towards the solutions. We know what the problem is only too well.
A brain is a terrible thing to wash!
EscapetoFreedom7
Freshman Poster

Post by EscapetoFreedom7 »

Winston wrote:Escape to Freedom,
Welcome! Wow I never expected a lady to have such experiences in the US. You are a rarity, or else one that we've experienced here.

How did you find this site? What part of NYC did you grow up in? I heard that NYC has something for everyone?

What about your looks? Have people told you that you needed to improve your appearance? Are you thin? I can't understand how a female can experience this. Have you ever approached any guys? If so, what were the results?

How come you never conformed to what others said?

Where would you like to escape to? What about Moldovia? Have you ever been there? I think you should try Europe. People are more authentic and intellectual there. And if you go to Italy, guys will hit on you all the time. I think you would have a lot of fun and refreshing social experiences.

Glad to see your post.
Winston, thanks for replying.

Now to answer your questions:
How did you find this site?
I found this site through a male friend who linked me to one of your lectures on YouTube. It was the one about how difficult it is to meet people and how you have to change your personality to fit in with "in crowd." I was very impressed with your observations. My friend and I have had similar experiences to yours to varying degrees. He's also considering moving abroad.
What part of NYC did you grow up in? I heard that NYC has something for everyone?
I grew up in Brooklyn. Yes, I know Brooklyn is considered "hip" these days, but I can't afford to live in those overpriced areas. Also, most of the residents in those areas are children of wealthy, liberal parents from leftist private colleges. They move here to become "artistes" or as I like to say, "slum it with the common folk" while Mommy and Daddy foot the bill as they try to "find themselves." I wouldn't be able to relate to them.
What about your looks? Have people told you that you needed to improve your appearance? Are you thin? I can't understand how a female can experience this. Have you ever approached any guys? If so, what were the results?
No one has commented negatively about my looks, at least not to my face. I'm not fat nor have I ever been fat. People generally say "I can't believe a pretty girl like you is single. You must be very picky." Not really. I don't meet enough men in the first place to be picky. I have generally worked in predominately female environments. If you think female friends are going to help out you another female, you can think again. I'm hear to tell you the sisterhood is one big facade. It's difficult to meet genuine friends of the same sex. Most of them are competitive and petty. You even see this behavior when you do volunteering in NY. Most of the time, it's a vanity project for people. It's not to help others, but to show off what amazing liberal "do-gooders" they are. The friends I've made that are genuine don't live in NY.

As for dating, one guy I thought might lead to something serious told me I didn't share his religious identity, so his parents would never approve, so I should consider converting to his religion. Another guy I happen to meet at work who liked me told me he couldn't consider anything serious because he had just been recently divorced and has a son to support. As you can see, you can end up single because of unfavorable circumstances very easily.
How come you never conformed to what others said?
I did try to conform for many years until I had an epiphany in grad school that it wasn't me that was the problem; it was them. The rampant leftist, liberal agenda I had to deal with on a continual basis made me realize that what I've been experiencing all these years was a serious spiritual conflict . I realized the problem all along was that I was a conservative amongst crazy liberals.
Where would you like to escape to? What about Moldovia? Have you ever been there? I think you should try Europe. People are more authentic and intellectual there. And if you go to Italy, guys will hit on you all the time. I think you would have a lot of fun and refreshing social experiences.
I have been to Europe, specifically France, Italy, Germany and Moldovia. My experiences there were positive, but I didn't spend enough time there to get a good feel about whether or not those places were for me. I also need to move somewhere where my degrees and credentials are recognized and that would be other English-speaking countries such as NZ and AU. I am hoping this site will help me determine where I should go.
EscapetoFreedom7
Freshman Poster

ladislav wrote:While it is important to share one's experiences with others, let's not lose the sight of the goals. May I ask you this:

What would be the ideal situation for you? Work-wise, romance-wise, society-wise, climate-wise, etc. so that we could now start slowly but surely moving towards the solutions. We know what the problem is only too well.
You're quite right, Ladislav. I have identified the ideal situation.

1) Work-wise: Low-stress working environment; quiet atmosphere; quiet people; team-oriented approach to problem-solving.
2) Society-wise: Overall attitude of population is laid-back, down-to-earth and straightforward; pursuit of knowledge and wisdom viewed as a valid life goals; modesty is considered a virtue; strong, positive relationship with nature and all non-human living things.
3) Climate-wise: Prefer a temperate climate, but if had to choose, I would choose hot over cold.
4) Romance-wise: Relationship based on friendship and trust; complementary mental outlooks; compatible spiritual identities; pro-life towards all living things.
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by ladislav »

EscapetoFreedom7 wrote:
ladislav wrote:While it is important to share one's experiences with others, let's not lose the sight of the goals. May I ask you this:

1) Work-wise: Low-stress working environment; quiet atmosphere; quiet people; team-oriented approach to problem-solving.
2) Society-wise: Overall attitude of population is laid-back, down-to-earth and straightforward; pursuit of knowledge and wisdom viewed as a valid life goals; modesty is considered a virtue; strong, positive relationship with nature and all non-human living things.
3) Climate-wise: Prefer a temperate climate, but if had to choose, I would choose hot over cold.
4) Romance-wise: Relationship based on friendship and trust; complementary mental outlooks; compatible spiritual identities; pro-life towards all living things.
You have described Japan- particularly Japan outside of Tokyo. You have also described Argentina and possibly Uruguay. Why not get a job in Japan teaching English for a change?
AmericanInMexico
Freshman Poster

Post by AmericanInMexico »

ladislav wrote:
EscapetoFreedom7 wrote:

You have described Japan- particularly Japan outside of Tokyo. You have also described Argentina and possibly Uruguay. Why not get a job in Japan teaching English for a change?
Japan is a low-stress working environment? Isn't Japan one of the workaholic countries?

I seriously think Mexico is her best option.
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by ladislav »

AmericanInMexico wrote:
ladislav wrote:
EscapetoFreedom7 wrote:

Japan is a low-stress working environment? Isn't Japan one of the workaholic countries?

I seriously think Mexico is her best option.
Well, the Japanese work smoothly and in a natural way. So, it is low stress.
thecobra2
Freshman Poster

Post by thecobra2 »

I am currently living in Japan and I have been teaching English for 4 years, so I can tell you a little bit more about the culture.

1) Work-wise - Teaching in Japan is a very low stress job. The people are polite and very respectful. Also, the cities are very safe and quiet. Japanese people are workaholics but you will not have to worry about this provided that you teach English.

2) Society-wise - Outside of Tokyo Japan is pretty laid back for foreigners. For the Japanese themselves, it can be quite stressful but thankfully we do not have to deal with a lot of these issues. Japanese people love studying things and are pretty knowledgeable. The great thing is that they are very modest and arguing is not part of their culture. They are taught at a young age to keep their opinions to themselves for fear of hurting other peoples feelings.

3) Climate wise: Japan has all types of climates from tropical (Okinawa) to temperate (Hokkaido). I live near Tokyo/Yokohama so it is a mixture of both.

4) Romance: Japanese people in general do not marry for love but instead for convenience. Japanese people very very rarely say that they love each other. This does not necessarily mean that they don't love one another but they are just not as open with their own feelings. However, I can say that Japanese women make great girlfriends but unfortunately I don't know much about the men. Foreign women find it difficult to date in Japan because the other foreign men are not interested in them and the local men are genuinely too shy or lack confidence to approach a foreign woman. This makes dating in Japan difficult for women but easier for men.

I hope this helps you out.
EscapetoFreedom7
Freshman Poster

thecobra2 wrote:

I am currently living in Japan and I have been teaching English for 4 years, so I can tell you a little bit more about the culture.

1) Work-wise - Teaching in Japan is a very low stress job. The people are polite and very respectful. Also, the cities are very safe and quiet. Japanese people are workaholics but you will not have to worry about this provided that you teach English.

2) Society-wise - Outside of Tokyo Japan is pretty laid back for foreigners. For the Japanese themselves, it can be quite stressful but thankfully we do not have to deal with a lot of these issues. Japanese people love studying things and are pretty knowledgeable. The great thing is that they are very modest and arguing is not part of their culture. They are taught at a young age to keep their opinions to themselves for fear of hurting other peoples feelings.

3) Climate wise: Japan has all types of climates from tropical (Okinawa) to temperate (Hokkaido). I live near Tokyo/Yokohama so it is a mixture of both.

4) Romance: Japanese people in general do not marry for love but instead for convenience. Japanese people very very rarely say that they love each other. This does not necessarily mean that they don't love one another but they are just not as open with their own feelings. However, I can say that Japanese women make great girlfriends but unfortunately I don't know much about the men. Foreign women find it difficult to date in Japan because the other foreign men are not interested in them and the local men are genuinely too shy or lack confidence to approach a foreign woman. This makes dating in Japan difficult for women but easier for men.

I hope this helps you out.
Thank you, theCobra2, AmericaninMexico and LadiSlav for this helpful information. It looks like I have a lot of research to do.