Frustrated: Black American Men in Brazil (Documentary)

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
Falcon
Experienced Poster

Post by Falcon »

GOOD NEWS:
You can buy the "Frustrated" DVD for $20 on:

http://www.greezefilms.com/

See the trailer too.
Falcon
Experienced Poster

Post by Falcon »

The first part is by far the most valuable one, but too bad it got taken down. (From my own memory) It also contains comments by black American women such as:

- A lot of black men don't want anything to do with the sistahs. I say, they should at least give black women a chance. But they won't, because they say they're done with black women.
- If I've got everything, I don't find myself in needing a man that much.
- I'm not dating a man who's less educated than I am.
- Women want to feel secure. If something happens to my own job, the man should be able to fill in.
- If I'm making six figures, he should make at least $75k.
- Most of my friends who are black women, with J.D.'s, M.D.'s, Ph.D.'s - are single.
- I have a bachelor's degree - I'm going for a master's soon hopefully - and I prefer a man with at least that level of education. That's not asking much. Because if you don't, what does that say about your priorities on education. I know, some people might have had financial problems or familial problems preventing them from getting higher education, but still. It shows you don't place that much of an emphasis on education.
- More than 50% of all black women are single.

Then the black American men in Brazil say:
- This place is heaven. Once you come here, you don't ever want to go back.
- I tell my friends back home, "Don't come to Brazil." Because if you come here alone, and go back to see your wife, you will be seriously depressed. Instead, take your wife on an Alaskan cruise, but just don't come down here. (chuckles)
- Things are real bad back in the States.
- You can't ever hug a woman back in the States. If you do she might - yeah - call the cops on you or something. But here, people do it all the time.
- This is something that every black man should see at least once - ONCE - in his lifetime.
- The world is a far far bigger place than most Americans believe it to be. Get out there, and see the world for yourself. It's really gonna change you.
- The girls down here all know how to treat a man and respect a man. Back in the States, I'd know a woman for less than a week, and she'd start giving me all that baggage. I mean, come on, we just got to know each other! Here in Brazil, the girls don't do that kind of stuff.
- I'd tell the women back home, "I want to see your credit report, not your medical one."
- Many of the women back home have been married 4 or 5 times. I think it's better to say they're DIVORCED 4 or 5 times. Because if they can't stay in a relationship for a long period of time, then they've got serious issues.

A tiny sample of the first part of "Frustrated":
http://vimeo.com/15793619

Trailers:
http://vimeo.com/14213698
http://vimeo.com/14287258

Al Greeze talks about his documentary:

Falcon
Experienced Poster

Post by Falcon »

Some more related videos:

djfourmoney
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by djfourmoney »

Now here's my problem with the premise of this whole Black Men going down to Rio. They all make it sound like its for temporary "fun" which is fine. However that also plays right into the stereotype that women in America have of any man that goes down to Brazil for non-business purposes is looking to have a good time and doesn't care if he meets a quality woman.

This is especially difficult for Black Men to get out from under of. White Men can just dismiss it or actually find a girl in another country. Black Men are so reluctant to venture outside these shores for anything, even a vacation that they can't think of different women being into them at all. Essence Festival??? I would never pay with my OWN money go to that.

Maybe this is why when I decide to go down there, I will not go to Rio and that sounds like I'm avoiding the playground. I'm not, I'm just going after what I want and that's a relationship. However there is just as much "fun" in places like Sao Paulo as there is in Rio.
Last edited by djfourmoney on November 23rd, 2011, 9:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
skateboardstephen
Junior Poster

Post by skateboardstephen »

djfourmoney wrote:Now here's my problem with the premise of this whole Black Men going down to Rio. They all make it sound like its for temporary "fun" which is fine. However that also plays right into the stereotype that women in America have of any man that goes down to Brazil for non-business purposes is looking to have a good time and doesn't care if he meets a quality woman.

This is especially difficult for Black Men to get out from under of. White Men can just dismiss it or actually find a girl in another country. Black Men are so reluctant to venture outside these shores for anything, even a vacation that they can't think of different women being into them at all. Essence Festival??? I would never pay with my OWN money go to that.

Maybe this is why when decide to go down there, I will not go to Rio and that sounds like I'm avoiding the playground. I'm not, I'm just going after what I want and that's a relationship. However there is just as much "fun" in places like Sao Paulo as there is in Rio.
yea rio is going to be too blown out.better to see other states like santa cantalina,minas gerais,baiha,pernambuco,piaui places you are probably least likely to see other americans running around in packs because abundance kind of takes away the novelty.
se eu soubesse o que eu sei hoje, teria mando mulheres americanas para foder-se há muitos anos.que deus abençoe o brasil!
Falcon
Experienced Poster

Post by Falcon »

Great. Now the entire documentary (all 3 parts) has been taken off YouTube.
S_Parc
Veteran Poster

Post by S_Parc »

Fellas, Brazil is a big country.

Don't worry about Rio vs { Sao Paulo, Salvador, or wherever }. Just find a place where you're content and you'll do fine.

And as for what AWs think about it, f'cked them. Sorry, if that was a bit direct :wink:
chanta76
Experienced Poster

Post by chanta76 »

It's interesting to see the black american women response on that youtube clip. It seems like if black american women were that desperate they would have a man but that doesn't seem to be the case. It seems to be that they are OK if they are single even if its the rest of their life. Typical independent strong woman are like that. Their careers ..goals really define them not the man. Because they are so goal driven they want a man also to have the same accomplishment and achievement. What sad is that you might have some men with those qualities but they may lack the physical attraction.

Society as we know it is changing in America. No more traditional family or define gender role....if that is the case . I don't know why men are still define base upon his job title and his income level if gender role has changed.
Repatriate
Veteran Poster

Post by Repatriate »

chanta76 wrote:It's interesting to see the black american women response on that youtube clip. It seems like if black american women were that desperate they would have a man but that doesn't seem to be the case. It seems to be that they are OK if they are single even if its the rest of their life. Typical independent strong woman are like that. Their careers ..goals really define them not the man. Because they are so goal driven they want a man also to have the same accomplishment and achievement. What sad is that you might have some men with those qualities but they may lack the physical attraction.

Society as we know it is changing in America. No more traditional family or define gender role....if that is the case . I don't know why men are still define base upon his job title and his income level if gender role has changed.
It's a catch-22 because they want a highly successful and ambitious man who is better than them or at least can hold their own in comparison but when men get to that level of success they tend to want a less complicated woman who is attractive to boot.
S_Parc
Veteran Poster

Post by S_Parc »

Repatriate wrote:
chanta76 wrote:It's interesting to see the black american women response on that youtube clip. It seems like if black american women were that desperate they would have a man but that doesn't seem to be the case. It seems to be that they are OK if they are single even if its the rest of their life. Typical independent strong woman are like that. Their careers ..goals really define them not the man. Because they are so goal driven they want a man also to have the same accomplishment and achievement. What sad is that you might have some men with those qualities but they may lack the physical attraction.

It's a catch-22 because they want a highly successful and ambitious man who is better than them or at least can hold their own in comparison but when men get to that level of success they tend to want a less complicated woman who is attractive to boot.
I think it's a bit more than that. A number of these so-called successful women are really just saleswomen or B.S. artists, who've played the game to accumulating wealth. Seldom, are they a type of Marie Curie or some sort of original thinker. Thus, brilliant men, who've also made money on either their work or their investment strategies aren't interested in pseudo-intellectual types, who's always trying to undermine the guys' achievements in life, by mixing in the "faux victim" status women & the sense that their achievements are completely authentic, in a "male dominated" world. Successful fellas get annoyed with that sort of BS tactic to gain control in a relationship.
Repatriate
Veteran Poster

Post by Repatriate »

S_Parc wrote:
Repatriate wrote:

I think it's a bit more than that. A number of these so-called successful women are really just saleswomen or B.S. artists, who've played the game to accumulating wealth. Seldom, are they a type of Marie Curie or some sort of original thinker. Thus, brilliant men, who've also made money on either their work or their investment strategies aren't interested in pseudo-intellectual types, who's always trying to undermine the guys' achievements in life, by mixing in the "faux victim" status women & the sense that their achievements are completely authentic, in a "male dominated" world. Successful fellas get annoyed with that sort of BS tactic to gain control in a relationship.
I believe women in this position tend to pull out the "He just can't handle a REAL woman" card when they face rejection or disinterest from men they want. What they don't understand is most men don't want someone perceived as high maintenance or nagging. Being feminine, successful, and smart is something that doesn't jive with western feminist doctrine. It's literally all about wearing the pants at the end of the day.

Why would a successful man in a powerful position want additional stress at home?
E_Irizarry
Veteran Poster

Post by E_Irizarry »

S_Parc wrote:Fellas, Brazil is a big country.

Don't worry about Rio vs { Sao Paulo, Salvador, or wherever }. Just find a place where you're content and you'll do fine.

And as for what AWs think about it, f'cked them. Sorry, if that was a bit direct :wink:
I like this comment. I thank you for the encouraging words, fella. Hopefully Brazil will be too big for westernization to occur.
Westernization sucks, but modernizing (without the Americanization/westernization) is what I seek for cities outside of SP and Rio to be.

Additionally and finally, it would be too much to repaste Repat's and S_Parc's other comments of this thread, but they are on-point, too.
"I appreciate the opportunities I have in America. Opportunities that allow me to live abroad." **Smiles** - Have2Fly@H.A. (2013)

"The only way to overcome that is to go abroad to get a broad."
- E. Irizarry (2009)

"MGTOW resilience is the key to foreign residence. You better muthafuckin' ask somebody!!"
- E. Irizarry (2012)

"I rather be ostracized by 157.0 million (27.3% of the US of Gay pop), then to appease 1 feminist." - E. Irizarry (2013)

TanBoy by DNA | Despedido, Hugo Chavez...Descansa en paz!
ErikHeaven
Experienced Poster

Scrong like King Kong InDeepInIt Black Women!

Post by ErikHeaven »

Bottom line is most of them 95% of them are played out. They are 100 or more pounds overweight. They are the real not stereotypical fat black woman in church that you see in the Tyler Perry movies. They are fat loud and obnoxious and who in their right mind wants to come home to a lard ass, Jesus loving black woman that aint shit! Or a woman that is on your back all the time about you upping your status. Mariah Carrey did that to Nick Cannon.
I am sure Nick was making a comfortable amount every year.
And i know she is half black yet she still acts like a typical black woman with this "I have to have you on my level or greater so you can be my trophy bullshit"!
I find them all negative and i just leave them alone for real. I have rejected so many of them.
You will find true peace when you just leave them the hell alone! Now African black women from Africa yes i can deal with them. Not these African American skanks hell no!
ErikHeaven
Experienced Poster

Post by ErikHeaven »

The nasty tacky hair weaves and wigs i mean that shit got played out in the 90's, its the same as seeing someone still walking around with Jheri curls!
I do not care if they have banging bodies i just find them nasty and unappealing for real.
Most of them love Little Wayne and Drake and Soldier Boy and all that nonsense.
And most of these Crappers diss black women all the time yet these stupid women ride their nuts all day long.
Taco
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Taco »

I used to work with a guy that lived in Brazil for 10 yrs. and I just remembered something he told me. He mentioned to me once that there's a city in Brazil where black men are banned from entering. I was a little shocked when he told me this, I don't remember the name of the city or even why black men are banned from it but if its true it would indicate theres some racism that still exists. I don't really know much about it, but it might be worth researching should you decide to travel there.