New Subtitle for HA: Which is better?

Post your suggestions and feedback for the forum. You can also report a problem, troubleshoot an issue with forum functionality, or suggest new board topics.

Which of these subtitles sound better for the home page?

The first one
14%
The second one
57%
They're equally good
29%

Total votes: 7
Winston
Site Admin

New Subtitle for HA: Which is better?

Post by Winston »

Which of these subtitles sound better for the home page?

1. Happier Abroad - Global Solutions in Dating, Social Connection and Mental Health

or

2. Happier Abroad - Discover Global Dating, Social Connection, and True Freedom Beyond America

Cast your vote!
Last edited by Winston on November 28th, 2011, 10:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
lavezzi
Junior Poster

Post by lavezzi »

Both are poor. What was wrong with the old one?

Also, you should stop focusing the site only on America. Remember, the problematic issues dealt with here are prevalent to varying degrees in all prosperous nations across the world.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

lavezzi wrote:Both are poor. What was wrong with the old one?

Also, you should stop focusing the site only on America. Remember, the problematic issues dealt with here are prevalent to varying degrees in all prosperous nations across the world.
Ok then how about

Happier Abroad - Discover Global Dating, Social Connection, and True Freedom Beyond Your Borders
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

The thing is, "Global Solutions" is accurate but sounds too corporate link and cliched. And it's boring and doesn't get you excited or curious either.

But putting the word "Discover" in front of the subtitle sounds more exciting and inviting. Doesn't it?

What do you all think about changing "Social Connection" to "Authentic People" by the way?

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

How about changing "social connection" to "social opportunities"? Someone told me that sounds better. I think it does.

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

I've just changed the subtitle of the home page again. This time I think it sounds the best. What do you think?

Happier Abroad
Discover Global Dating, Foreign Women, Expat Living and Freedom Beyond America

Now doesn't that sound the best and most complete? :)

I figured that since "foreign women" is one of the hot keyword search terms that brings visitors here, we might as well have it in the title tag of the home page, to optimize SEO and traffic. Of course, "expat and dating" are hot keywords too, so I used them as well.

Contrarian Expatriate
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Contrarian Expatriate »

Winston wrote:I've just changed the subtitle of the home page again. This time I think it sounds the best. What do you think?

Happier Abroad

I figured that since "foreign women" is one of the hot keyword search terms that brings visitors here, we might as well have it in the title tag of the home page, to optimize SEO and traffic. Of course, "expat and dating" are hot keywords too, so I used them as well.
Happier Abroad
Discover Global Dating, Foreign Women, Expatriate Living and Freedom Abroad

I cleaned it up a bit and I think it reads better like this.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Contrarian Expatriate wrote:
Winston wrote:I've just changed the subtitle of the home page again. This time I think it sounds the best. What do you think?

Happier Abroad

Happier Abroad

That sounds great too. But I wouldn't use "Abroad" twice, since it's already in the title of the site. Maybe change it to "Overseas" in the subtitle instead? But then again, what if the reader is from another country? That would imply that someone in every country could be happier abroad. lol. That's why I wanted to be more specific, since most of us here are Americans.

zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by zboy1 »

Contrarian Expatriate wrote:

Happier Abroad

Happier Abroad

Yes, Contrarian that is the perfect slogan for this website.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Hey check this out.

Ever since I put "Global Dating" in the subtitle and title tag of the home page, whenever you type in "global dating" in Google, this site comes up at the top of the search results! Neat huh?

I'm not sure how many people type in that as a search term, but according to adwords keyword tool, it comes up a fair number of times.

Return to “Suggestions, Feedback, Problem Reports, Troubleshooting”