Is it possible?

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to Russia, Ukraine, or the former Soviet Republics.
The_Hero_of_Men
Experienced Poster

Is it possible?

Post by The_Hero_of_Men »

Is it possible that these horror stories about marrying women from FSU nations are legitimate?

http://marriageagencyscams.com/Horror.html
Wielding the blade of evil's bane, he sealed the dark one away and gave the land light. This man, who traveled through time to save the land, was known as the Hero of Men. The man's tale was passed down through generations until it became legend...

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Repatriate
Veteran Poster

Post by Repatriate »

It seems like these guys got burned hard by scammers and are now condemning all FSU brides. They just didn't do their homework. I've always felt there's more inherent risk with importing a blonde hair/blue eyed white Russian bride to the U.S. too. Women like this have very high status in the U.S. and i'm sure they are smart enough to understand their worth to western english speaking men too. This means the chances of them being corrupted will be much higher and faster.

The biggest mistake was bringing them back. It's rare that anything good comes of it.
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Rock »

Repatriate wrote:It seems like these guys got burned hard by scammers and are now condemning all FSU brides. They just didn't do their homework. I've always felt there's more inherent risk with importing a blonde hair/blue eyed white Russian bride to the U.S. too. Women like this have very high status in the U.S. and i'm sure they are smart enough to understand their worth to western english speaking men too. This means the chances of them being corrupted will be much higher and faster.

The biggest mistake was bringing them back. It's rare that anything good comes of it.
I'd be interested to see what Mark Davis has to say about that.

I realize that he has completed 2 tours and that 85% of his clients are currently involved in 'serious connections' with girls they met there. But the real tests will be:

1. What percentage of the men marry one of the girls they met on the tour

2. Of those, what percentage stay married past the green card/citizenship phase with both partners happy w/ the relationship

3. What percentage stay together very long term - say over 8 years

I often play the devils advocate and can be quite cynical at times. Cus I've seen that certain things are pretty much the same wherever you go. I actually hope to proven wrong in a big way. But to my knowledge, it has yet to happen. That an average American Joe nobody can go over to FSU, meet and attract one of those young beauties in just a week, bring her over to States as his fiance, marry her, and proceed to live happily ever after without having lottery winning luck on his side sounds pretty hard to believe.

Who agrees or disagrees with me here? I know of guys who have gone over to live long term, learned the relevant language well, and ended up being disillusioned cus they understood so well the longer term risks of marriage to these girls and bringing them back to USA.

Yes, it looks like Marc got lucky. He found his dream girl and she appears to be sincere. But I also know of western guys who have been happily married to sincere Thai women for many years. There's always going to be exceptions to the general tendencies or odds.

I wanna hear or read about more long term success cases between American men and FSU women to get a better idea of whether or not the bad side has been blown out of proportion.
Repatriate
Veteran Poster

Post by Repatriate »

A few of these guys seem relatively well off I don't understand why they don't explore 3rd option countries to reside in. Hypothetically, if I were to marry a non-chinese/taiwanese woman i'd certainly take her to Taiwan over the U.S. If she insisted on the U.S. then i'd know something was up right away. :lol:

A marriage that goes sideways tends be catastrophic in the U.S. financially and emotionally. Not to mention a truly bad one will go around and humiliate them in front of family and friends.
MrPeabody
Experienced Poster

Post by MrPeabody »

When I first started out on this, I got together with one of the guys who was a big poster on the "Russian Woman List" which was a mail list at that time. He was a businessman and pretty sharp. He was so enthusiastic that he actually took off six months to go live in Ukraine. When he came back he was devastated. He told me that he had been to every agency in Ukraine and some in Russia and that the whole thing was a scam. He also eventually hooked up with a woman there who he got pregnant and she aborted his child. He came back and started posting his experiences on RWL and was immediately attacked and shunned by other members on the list. Dreams die hard. If you are really interested in Russia, then go there as an English teacher and learn the language and become integrated into the community. And if you try to get a woman there from the states, your expenses will be significant, and you will need to hire a translator every time you go there. Then you will have to decide to bring someone back who you don't have time to get to really know (and don't make me laugh by telling me the 3 month visa period is sufficient). Try a marriage agency and you will find that they are all in it for their own interest and you quickly become an insignificant person as soon as you turn over the check. Unfortunately, there are no easy solutions for American men.
Think Different
Junior Poster

Post by Think Different »

MrPeabody wrote:When I first started out on this, I got together with one of the guys who was a big poster on the "Russian Woman List" which was a mail list at that time. He was a businessman and pretty sharp. He was so enthusiastic that he actually took off six months to go live in Ukraine. When he came back he was devastated. He told me that he had been to every agency in Ukraine and some in Russia and that the whole thing was a scam. He also eventually hooked up with a woman there who he got pregnant and she aborted his child. He came back and started posting his experiences on RWL and was immediately attacked and shunned by other members on the list. Dreams die hard. If you are really interested in Russia, then go there as an English teacher and learn the language and become integrated into the community. And if you try to get a woman there from the states, your expenses will be significant, and you will need to hire a translator every time you go there. Then you will have to decide to bring someone back who you don't have time to get to really know (and don't make me laugh by telling me the 3 month visa period is sufficient). Try a marriage agency and you will find that they are all in it for their own interest and you quickly become an insignificant person as soon as you turn over the check. Unfortunately, there are no easy solutions for American men.
An alternative would be to start taking Russian language classes in the US, and slowly start attending Russian language groups, such as an Meetup.com, and then go where Russians hang out. Get to know them, become friends with them and start to meet the women that way. Yes, it is slow and drawn out, but at least you will be taken seriously and you're still on your own turf. There are a ton of Russians here in Europe as well as the US, and according to a recent article in the press, tens of thousands of Russians are leaving the FSU every year to come live in the West, Australia, etc. So, odds are good you will find them, but you'll have to work your way into their community slowly. I can tell you personally as a Russian speaker, the minute they realize you've studied some Russian and really are interested in their culture, their barrier goes WAY down and they will become very curious in you. Russian women like intellectual men, not just some guy who can bed them.
The_Hero_of_Men
Experienced Poster

Post by The_Hero_of_Men »

Think Different wrote:
MrPeabody wrote:When I first started out on this, I got together with one of the guys who was a big poster on the "Russian Woman List" which was a mail list at that time. He was a businessman and pretty sharp. He was so enthusiastic that he actually took off six months to go live in Ukraine. When he came back he was devastated. He told me that he had been to every agency in Ukraine and some in Russia and that the whole thing was a scam. He also eventually hooked up with a woman there who he got pregnant and she aborted his child. He came back and started posting his experiences on RWL and was immediately attacked and shunned by other members on the list. Dreams die hard. If you are really interested in Russia, then go there as an English teacher and learn the language and become integrated into the community. And if you try to get a woman there from the states, your expenses will be significant, and you will need to hire a translator every time you go there. Then you will have to decide to bring someone back who you don't have time to get to really know (and don't make me laugh by telling me the 3 month visa period is sufficient). Try a marriage agency and you will find that they are all in it for their own interest and you quickly become an insignificant person as soon as you turn over the check. Unfortunately, there are no easy solutions for American men.
An alternative would be to start taking Russian language classes in the US, and slowly start attending Russian language groups, such as an Meetup.com, and then go where Russians hang out. Get to know them, become friends with them and start to meet the women that way. Yes, it is slow and drawn out, but at least you will be taken seriously and you're still on your own turf. There are a ton of Russians here in Europe as well as the US, and according to a recent article in the press, tens of thousands of Russians are leaving the FSU every year to come live in the West, Australia, etc. So, odds are good you will find them, but you'll have to work your way into their community slowly. I can tell you personally as a Russian speaker, the minute they realize you've studied some Russian and really are interested in their culture, their barrier goes WAY down and they will become very curious in you. Russian women like intellectual men, not just some guy who can bed them.

Do you think that there are any of these groups here in San Antonio, Texas?
Wielding the blade of evil's bane, he sealed the dark one away and gave the land light. This man, who traveled through time to save the land, was known as the Hero of Men. The man's tale was passed down through generations until it became legend...
Think Different
Junior Poster

Post by Think Different »

The_Hero_of_Men wrote:
Think Different wrote:

Do you think that there are any of these groups here in San Antonio, Texas?
Here you go:

http://www.meetup.com/russia-in-san-antonio/
have2fly
Junior Poster

Post by have2fly »

I second Think Different and Mr. Peabody! Absolutely correct!

Good women are out there. Marriage agencies are SCAM! NOT WOMEN! What is the point of a marriage agency actually letting people marry? No point! They will lose a client, they will lose a woman as well. They would rather keep you writing letters and charging you for every one of them.

So absolute advice is what guys already said and what I've been saying as well - INTEGRATE into society. Exactly right - find a Russian nightclub, restaurant, food store in your area. Start hanging out with Russian-speaking crowd. In my city there are a bunch of American guys that hang out with us all the time! They totally love it because we are way more open and genuine than Americans and we speak good English and we often have decent girls with us, so it benefits in every possible way to know some Russians or East Europeans in general. Keep in mind that we also hang out with Moldovans, Georgians, Armenians, Belorussians, Ukrainians etc because we all share 70 years of the same history and we all still speak Russian. So any of those nationalities will get you in to know the culture bit by bit.

Again, it is BEST to go and live in Russia (or Kazakhstan or Belarus or Ukraine or Moldova or Uzbekistan etc), but DON'T RELY ON AGENCIES! Find some decent people, like your fellow English teachers, ask them if they know females. Meet some decent Russian guys, ask them if they know local girls. Human connection and making friends is important over there, everyone knows other people. If I would go there, I would know dozens of people within a month or two and the circle would grow every day!

P.S. Please keep in mind though that many Russian-speaking immigrants became as fake and selfish as Americans or worse. Keep in mind where they had lived in the U.S. for a while. And also keep in mind that America attracts many gold-diggers as they want to have a bright rich life. So not every crowd will be great and awesome, it depends how long people had lived in the States and what kind of people are in the crowd. But at least you will get an idea and be able to practice and learn some language, which is huge because other people pay big bucks to learn any language.
tmr
Freshman Poster

Post by tmr »

Men, haven't you learned by now

The single wish to the married
The married wish to be dead.

Because you think life sucks when you are single. And how wonderful it will be when you have met someone and you will be swimming around in heavenly honey.
The when you are married you go oh my god what is this? This is not what I thought it would be. Instead of swiming in heavenly nectar I am sharing living space with a completely incompatible person who expects the world from me. But what are you going to do? Become single again? You hated that, remember?

Men and women are incompatible and that is built into the system. Why? Ask whichever God you believe in.

Getting rid of naivete is good, being aware of good techniques is good too. But why all the fearmongering? What has happened to the American people? Is this the same country that landed a man on the moon? The country from where the boys landed in Iwo Jima and Normandy? And Inchon, how can we forget Inchon, when all looked lost and Korea seemed gone, the boys found a way to claw it back and in so doing saved some fifity million people from the fate of a life eating tree bark and singing stupid songs to the dear leader. And gave them the luxury to bitch and whine about being saved too.

You think you will be able to calculate all the odds perfectly and then land that perfect girl with the perfect characteristics? And until you have figured it out you are not going to move your arse. Please, give me a break. You will be an old man before you do.

So charge forward American soldiers! Ya so that FSU girl may cheat on you, may turn out to be a b*tch, so what, at least you will have a few years of hot, crazy sex. And as opposed to what?

Fly that flag one more time ! Go down fighting, no, better still, go down f*cking.

Return to “Russia, Ukraine, Former Soviet Republics”