In Canada, no murders and doors are unlocked?!

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to North America. For those looking to relocate within the US or Canada, discuss your experiences and pros/cons of each domestic region.
Winston
Site Admin

In Canada, no murders and doors are unlocked?!

Post by Winston »

I just saw the film "Bowling for Columbine" by Michael Moore. Wow. Moore went to Canada and found out that although they had just as many guns there as we do in the US, their murder rate is so rare that policemen there don't even remember any murders ever happening except for some guy from Detroit who went up there.

Also, he interviewed common folks who said that they don't even lock their doors at night. Wow. That's crazy. Can you believe that?

I met a family in Colorado who didn't lock their door at night either.

How come in Canada, it's like that? Why is there no murder there, unlike the US? And why do people feel that safe?

At the end of the film, Moore interviewed Charleton Heston, head of the NRA, about this, and he had nothing useful to say. He then got up and walk away. You should see the interview. It was priceless and shows what kind of guy Heston really was. You won't like him much after you saw how he behaved during the interview. He had no sympathy for a little girl's death by a gun either.

It's shocking. You guys should see it.

Oh I found the film on YouTube. Here is part 1 of 12:

The interview with Charleton Heston

Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by zboy1 »

Yes, I was amazed that Canada has such a low death rate from guns in comparison to the United States. It also illustrate what a psychopathic and destructive society the U.S. is.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Well Michael Moore asked a lot of people that question about why Americans were more violent. No one really knew the answer. It's a mystery. All Charleton Heston said was that America has a history of violence, and that's all he knew.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
odbo
Veteran Poster

Michael "Millionare" Moore

Post by odbo »

is a massive fraud, and has no credibility. Be skeptical of anything that is said in his documentaries. He is not a journalist or film maker with any integrity.

The USA is full of trigger-happy niggers, wiggers, and Asian/South American gangs. Canada doesn't have these problems. The population is more sparce. I'd be interested to see how statistics from the pacific northwest states compare to the rest of the USA. I don't see the reclusive Scandinavian types committing as many crimes as the "in your face" douchebags from California or Florida.

Lastly the made-up Columbine shooting was "done" by two Jewish kids. Something the film and the rest of the media neglected to mention. I think this site needs more trolls of a certain ethnic group so I hope the rest of you don't mind if I slip that [unimportant?] bit in.
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: In Canada, no murders and doors are unlocked?!

Post by Rock »

Hey Winston,

I thought you would be able to see through someone like Michael Moore. You still get fooled pretty easily.

He has no qualms about taking things completely out of context and misleading his viewers. He claims to be aligned with the poor working man while attacking the rich capitalist class in his films. But in his personal life, he behaves a lot more like the latter. He has amassed a fortune of over US$50 mn from his movies, charges 10s of thousands for speaking engagements, lives in an expensive Manhattan residence and owns other luxury real estate, sends his children to private schools, etc. Fact check his films and you will find extreme exaggerations and outright lies. When called-out on this, his excuse is that its just comedy.

Canada overall is safer than USA in terms of murder or violent assault per capita. But its not like you can leave your doors unlocked or that there's no crime. Some areas there have violence and murder rates close to the US average. Manitoba and Saskatchewan are high. The sparsely populated territory of Nunavut for some reason has off-the-charts rates of murder, similar to the most dangerous parts of America's violent inner city areas. But then again, MM implies that places like South Central LA are actually pretty safe.
Last edited by Rock on December 2nd, 2011, 6:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

How did Michael Moore make millions? He just films people and interviews them. I could do that with a home camera. Anyone can. And why would they pay him millions to make anti-establishment films?

His films are pretty good. Have you seen them Rock? I think they are your type, cynical, like you.

Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Rock »

Winston wrote:How did Michael Moore make millions? He just films people and interviews them. I could do that with a home camera. Anyone can. And why would they pay him millions to make anti-establishment films?

His films are pretty good. Have you seen them Rock? I think they are your type, cynical, like you.
I guess he's a better capitalist than most. He's good at pretending to be one of the masses, hailing from depressed Flint, looking, dressing, and talking like one of the workers, etc. I think he managed to strike a chord with certain segments of people and monetized on it big-time. I don't know if there are any other factors which enabled him to become so famous.

I have seen several of his films. Some were enjoyable watches. But they're full of inaccuracies and BS so not credible. Therefore, I don't respect him much.

I see MM as a self-motivated truth manipulator. OTH, I believe I am just a truth seeker.
Jeygonza
Freshman Poster

Re: Michael "Millionare" Moore

Post by Jeygonza »

odbo wrote:is a massive fraud, and has no credibility. Be skeptical of anything that is said in his documentaries. He is not a journalist or film maker with any integrity.

The USA is full of trigger-happy niggers, wiggers, and Asian/South American gangs. Canada doesn't have these problems. The population is more sparce. I'd be interested to see how statistics from the pacific northwest states compare to the rest of the USA. I don't see the reclusive Scandinavian types committing as many crimes as the "in your face" douchebags from California or Florida.

Lastly the made-up Columbine shooting was "done" by two Jewish kids. Something the film and the rest of the media neglected to mention. I think this site needs more trolls of a certain ethnic group so I hope the rest of you don't mind if I slip that [unimportant?] bit in.

no matter if they are foreign or not Americans are violent
Good judgment comes from experience, and experience comes from bad judgment.
Barry LePatner
Jeygonza
Freshman Poster

Post by Jeygonza »

All has guns at home
Good judgment comes from experience, and experience comes from bad judgment.
Barry LePatner
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Michael "Millionare" Moore

Post by Rock »

jeinmy_paul wrote:
odbo wrote:is a massive fraud, and has no credibility. Be skeptical of anything that is said in his documentaries. He is not a journalist or film maker with any integrity.

no matter if they are foreign or not Americans are violent
Based on per-capita murder and assault stats, USA is just a medium violence country, not a high one. Your country, DR, is much worse. So is Brazil, Jamaica, South Africa, Honduras, Colombia, Mexico, and Estonia. Even Thailand, which many consider to be relatively non-violent has a slightly higher murder rate than the US.

If you were to exclude the most depressed areas of certain cities such as DC, Detroit, Atlanta, Chicago, etc., places which can easily be avoided by outsiders, our numbers would probably look a lot better. The US still has a lot of relatively safe areas. My hometown has had only one murder in the last several decades and all types of violent crime are very rare there.
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Rock »

jeinmy_paul wrote:All has guns at home
No, don't believe everything you see on TV. I've never had a gun in my home nor ever owned one. The only time I ever shot one was at a shooting range in Thailand. Most people I know in the States don't own guns. Many have never even fired one. I bet several American posters including Winston fall into the 'never used a gun' camp too.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

So why does Michael Moore go after Wall Street but not the Federal Reserve too? Is Wall Street just a diversion?

I'll bet odbo has something to say about that.

Rock, have you seen his new one "Capitalism: A Love Story". It's based on real life testimonials and interviews. It looks like the kind of thing you'd like. Very disturbing though.

Oh here is Michael Moore at Occupy Wallstreet.

Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Rock »

Winston wrote:So why does Michael Moore go after Wall Street but not the Federal Reserve too? Is Wall Street just a diversion?

Rock, have you seen his new one "Capitalism: A Love Story". It's based on real life testimonials and interviews. It looks like the kind of thing you'd like. Very disturbing though.
That's not a new movie. I saw it when it first came out in 2009. I found it less entertaining than some of his earlier movies. And by that time, I was well aware of his hypocrisy and dishonesty so took everything claimed with a grain of salt.

You act as if you've just discovered this guy or something. There are much better ways to uncover the truth than being sucked-in to MM's hype. When you let others think for you and believe whatever they feed you, how are you any different from the sheeple you guys spend so much time criticizing.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Rock wrote:
Winston wrote:So why does Michael Moore go after Wall Street but not the Federal Reserve too? Is Wall Street just a diversion?

That's not a new movie. I saw it when it first came out in 2009. I found it less entertaining than some of his earlier movies. And by that time, I was well aware of his hypocrisy and dishonesty so took everything claimed with a grain of salt.

You act as if you've just discovered this guy or something. There are much better ways to uncover the truth than being sucked-in to MM's hype. When you let others think for you and believe whatever they feed you, how are you any different from the sheeple you guys spend so much time criticizing.
Well in that film, MM based his report on real life examples, so it seems credible. Well who do you want to listen to then? I don't have the time to check out every person our there or every claim, and neither do you.

Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Rock »

Winston wrote:
Rock wrote:

Well in that film, MM based his report on real life examples, so it seems credible. Well who do you want to listen to then? I don't have the time to check out every person our there or every claim, and neither do you.
At least I filter my sources. And yes I have sufficient time to do so. And I rely on my right brain to give me clues as to whether someone is credible or not. If something seems off, I will spend even more time digging.

MM is phony. Anyone who does just a bit of due diligence can see that. If you don't have time to check any of the claims you buy into, you might as well find the religion which touts the most attractive views on our existence and buy into those. At least it might make you feel good.