International dating in London: Anybody thought of that?

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the European Countries.
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Internationl dating in London: anybody thought of that?

Post by Rock »

publicduende wrote:
Rock wrote:I went to London to get a practical degree and secure a high paying job ASAP. All my hours were filled with classes, case studies, company presentations, part-time practical work, interviews, and some stints of work-study in other countries. So my focus was not partying and apparently I missed out on the scene you have outlined. Most people in my school were intensely goal driven. But there were a couple of guys who played hard during their first year. Both failed their second year qualifiers and got kicked-out. So I don't regret my actions there. I more than made-up for it later.

I realize you are not referring to P4P but rather seducing foreign students. But I believe a lot of the hot Africans you see around town are a bit different even though I never approached any of them. If they are not students, chances are, they need money. Sure, if you're smooth or good looking enough, you could probably date some of them without paying anything. There's another poster who goes all over the world who claims that he doesn't pay, even in Africa. But even he acknowledges that the default tendency with such girls is that the man helps-out.

Yes, the info is useful and a breath of fresh air. Because I think if someone applied a targeted strategy and got to know a lot of foreign students there, they might achieve some great results w/out the inherent problems of international travel - hotel and air costs, culture clashes, language and food issues, etc. It sure sound a lot better than the PUAs who stand in high traffic areas and just approach random strangers.
I understand, I guess you were doing an MBA, a pretty demanding course that really ends up filling all of your non-lecture time with endless essays, team projects, etc. Thanks God we had limited exposure to that in my first Masters.
Also I think it's fair to mention that the choice of university where you're taking your course probably is a big factor in what kind of "social kickstart" you get. Mine was at University College London, UCL, which I soon learned is one of the best London institution where even the student entertainment program is done seriously, and I found a very good mix of non-EU, EU and British students. Needless to say, I was definitely more interesting in mingling with people who could give me a taste of a different culture, especially one that at the time I perceived as "exotic", such as any Asian, or South Africa, etc. I honestly only dated three "British" girls in my entire life, and two of them were from different ancestries anyway (Caribbean and Polish/Irish). If my main target had been one-night stands with no further communication, Brit girls met in clubs would have probably been my main targets.

Let me re-iterate here: I never meant to look for pay-for-sex girls. I wasn't bad looking, most Asian girls would fall for me saying I look like a "young Nicholas Cage" (who I personally hate, as an actor!), but I never imagined I had to resort to pay a lady for what I could easily get for free. Even if a girl had asked me for money or financial support, there wouldn't have been much for me to do, as I was pretty pennyless at the time. I mean I did help a couple of girls letting them crash on the sofas for even a couple of weeks, until their hardship situation eased, but to be fair I did the same with male friends. Just basic solidarity rules among young penniless students...
1. No need to keep repeating that you are speaking of non-P4P. We are all very clear on that. There is no misunderstanding there.

2. My school is just as well know outside of Europe as it is in London, at least among bulge bracket investment banks and management consultancies. Student body is about 70% non-Brit and faculty is over 50% foreign. People who go there focus their social energy on career networking or entrepreneurial connections. And besides, in my whole class, there was only one girl who was very attractive, a Greek student. There was also a very cute Japanese girl in the class right be behind me but that was about it.

3. When you are early 20s, your strategy sounds very doable. I think even an average looking bloke could do well if he was proactive and smart about it as it sounds like you were. At that age, you fit right in and totally belong so its very easy to penetrate the various student groups and relate to young loner girls. Many will fall into your lap if you approach them in the right way.

4. It would be more impressive if someone in your current age group could duplicate what you did then, at least to some extent. I'm sure they could still attract certain fringe girls but I imagine the options would be much more limited in the college age to mid-20s set. 18-mid-20s for a guy is a magic time where he can have the dating world by its tail if he plays it right. Problem is, so many guys in that bracket lack confidence and/or are stuck in very bad environments. Many get hooked up in lame LT relationships or marriage with girls they secretly are not that into just because they figure they can do no better. So a large percentage of them never even come close to achieving their potential.
publicduende
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by publicduende »

Rock wrote:1. No need to keep repeating that you are speaking of non-P4P. We are all very clear on that. There is no misunderstanding there.

2. My school is just as well know outside of Europe as it is in London, at least among bulge bracket investment banks and management consultancies. Student body is about 70% non-Brit and faculty is over 50% foreign. People who go there focus their social energy on career networking or entrepreneurial connections. And besides, in my whole class, there was only one girl who was very attractive, a Greek student. There was also a very cute Japanese girl in the class right be behind me but that was about it.

3. When you are early 20s, your strategy sounds very doable. I think even an average looking bloke could do well if he was proactive and smart about it as it sounds like you were. At that age, you fit right in and totally belong so its very easy to penetrate the various student groups and relate to young loner girls. Many will fall into your lap if you approach them in the right way.

4. It would be more impressive if someone in your current age group could duplicate what you did then, at least to some extent. I'm sure they could still attract certain fringe girls but I imagine the options would be much more limited in the college age to mid-20s set. 18-mid-20s for a guy is a magic time where he can have the dating world by its tail if he plays it right. Problem is, so many guys in that bracket lack confidence and/or are stuck in very bad environments. Many get hooked up in lame LT relationships or marriage with girls they secretly are not that into just because they figure they can do no better. So a large percentage of them never even come close to achieving their potential.
I agree that sometimes it's the environment that cuts the wings to the ability to know interesting people and forge decent human relationships. By my experience and that of a few friends of mine, I can see London as a very good platform for social interaction and "random" dating for across the entire 20-30 age range. After that time window, if still unmarried or divorced, a man is probably expected to know what (and who) he wants for a long-term relationship and focus his dating efforts on fewer and much more selected targets, probably women in their late twenties or early thirties that share more than just physical attraction or the emotional rush of a few harmonious chats.

I am not sure about you and the other members of forum, but it's difficult for me to see randomly dating ladies as more than a way to explore the female universe and define the geometry of one's adult love life. From what I have read so far it's everybody's desire to eventually settle with the young woman of their dreams, whether in Europe, the Philippines, or elsewhere.
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Rock »

publicduende wrote:
I agree that sometimes it's the environment that cuts the wings to the ability to know interesting people and forge decent human relationships. By my experience and that of a few friends of mine, I can see London as a very good platform for social interaction and "random" dating for across the entire 20-30 age range. After that time window, if still unmarried or divorced, a man is probably expected to know what (and who) he wants for a long-term relationship and focus his dating efforts on fewer and much more selected targets, probably women in their late twenties or early thirties that share more than just physical attraction or the emotional rush of a few harmonious chats.

I am not sure about you and the other members of forum, but it's difficult for me to see randomly dating ladies as more than a way to explore the female universe and define the geometry of one's adult love life. From what I have read so far it's everybody's desire to eventually settle with the young woman of their dreams, whether in Europe, the Philippines, or elsewhere.
1. Agreed. London is probably great for switched-on 20-30 year-old guys. But even there, I saw guys in that age range from various countries (outside of my school) who seemed to have no idea on how to capitalize on the opportunity. So they just basically burned time assuming that all girls would react to them the way Brits and other Anglos did. They basically gave-up before trying.

2. Majority of guys on this site over 30 are probably looking for 'that one' if they haven't already found her. But there are probably also a few serial daters who may wish to remain that way for life. Winston might even be one of them.
publicduende
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by publicduende »

Rock wrote:1. Agreed. London is probably great for switched-on 20-30 year-old guys. But even there, I saw guys in that age range from various countries (outside of my school) who seemed to have no idea on how to capitalize on the opportunity. So they just basically burned time assuming that all girls would react to them the way Brits and other Anglos did. They basically gave-up before trying.

2. Majority of guys on this site over 30 are probably looking for 'that one' if they haven't already found her. But there are probably also a few serial daters who may wish to remain that way for life. Winston might even be one of them.
I can relate this to another post (viewtopic.php?t=12050), where Taco says he was utterly disappointed about the looks, lifestyle and intellectual quality of British women.

Again, it's an environmental issue. London is absolutely great at lifting your spirit if you're lucky enough to be in the right social situation (eg. a student in a good university), live in the right area etc. and depress you to death if all you work with, live and meet are working class people who for the most part fit Taco's statement.

It's probably true that, not unlike American women, native British women do feel more of a sense of entitlement and act in a more stuck-up way given the variety of male options in front of them. That's why I was pointing at London's massive student/tourist/temporary settlers population as the real treasure chest for dating.
DigitalNomad
Freshman Poster

Post by DigitalNomad »

Ha, i love the british accents of the women, the UK is cool for that, but living and the lifestyle is not my cup of tea. I don't know if you (publicduende) have traveled much out side of your home country and the UK but women are ALOT easier and more beautiful (naturally) in other parts of the world. When we as Americans go to the UK I think what we notice is another shade of the western mentality.

I think this boils down to, the girls dig you in the UK, they dig the italian guy thing, you found your niche and that is what it's all about. IMHO I think the UK is the Eastern version (East of the Atlantic Ocean) of America, like if you can't get a visa to live in America then go run to the UK (the next "best" thing). I think most people know this the world over so I don't know why your surprised that we (American's) don't go running there.

Possible Reason: As a Foreign guy, i think you can read, surmise, and sympathize from an intellectual point but without experiences (negative) to go with the comprehending. It's near impossible to "get it" (trauma), therefore only the guys that have "woken up" will want nothing that has the slightest scent of this awful place known as the USofA.

So many of us guys don't want a second rate or a country that worships America (at least i don't). British like most, act like that hate America, but like alot of fakers are consumed with our lives, lifesystle, movies, etc. etc.. all the while putting up the biggest front and bad mouthing much of what goes on here (for good reason), but never the less, other countries blindly worship the US, and the UK worship in secret.

When i see the whole "Your a god because you hold the blue passport" thing, i run.. hate it. I usually tell them the most horrid things America is known for or did to their country/people in the past, etc...

DN
Last edited by DigitalNomad on December 5th, 2011, 12:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.
lavezzi
Junior Poster

Post by lavezzi »

Earlier this year, I went on a day-trip to Liverpool to watch a football match. After the match I had a few spare hours to roam around and check out the night-life of the City, and I was astounded at the difference a relatively quick ferry and bus ride made. The social atmosphere was such an overwhelming improvement. It was full of open and approachable British women/people just looking to have a good time with none of that pretentious vibe that is so prevalent in Dublin and New York at least. So yes, going to England will vastly increase your "success" in comparison to elsewhere. But how you define success is what will determine the level of advantage the change will bring you.

British women are far less picky and much more friendly and approachable for sure. If it's casual fun you're looking for, then you'll definitely experience a huge improvement. But regardless of how much more tolerable they are, I'm certain these women's general attitude towards relationships are no different. The Culture of having casual relationships and f***ing around until your 30+, then settling down is just as prevalent there. Which is exactly what I oppose of in Western culture and why I choose different cultures instead to find my idea of a 'true' relationship, thus aspiring to be "happier abroad".

So I guess the answer to your question depends on the individual's own motives.
lavezzi
Junior Poster

Post by lavezzi »

DigitalNomad wrote:Ha, i love the british accents of the women, the UK is cool for that, but living and the lifestyle is not my cup of tea. I don't know if you (publicduende) have traveled much out side of your home country and the UK but women are ALOT easier and more beautiful (naturally) in other parts of the world. When we as Americans go to the UK I think what we notice is another shade of the western mentality.

I think this boils down to, the girls dig you in the UK, they dig the italian guy thing, you found your niche and that is what it's all about. IMHO I think the UK is the Eastern version (East of the Atlantic Ocean) of America, like if you can go to America go to the UK (Generic America).

So many of us guys don't want a second rate or a country that worships america (at least i don't).

When i see the whole "Your a god because you got a blue passport" thing, i run.. hate it. I usually tell them the most horrid things America is known for or did to there country etc...

DN
It's important to take into the account the image women from other Anglo cultures have of American men thanks to television/the media; basically nerdy and unappealing (unless you're black).

White degeneracy in England stems from Irish immigration, so the bad-boys that English women go wet for are mostly made up of Irish ancestry. So I guess they are naturally drawn to us because of that. They say the reason why Englishmen resent Irishmen these days has less to do with any IRA terrorist attacks and more to do with the fact that we f**k so many of their women :lol:
publicduende
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by publicduende »

DigitalNomad wrote:Ha, i love the british accents of the women, the UK is cool for that, but living and the lifestyle is not my cup of tea. I don't know if you (publicduende) have traveled much out side of your home country and the UK but women are ALOT easier and more beautiful (naturally) in other parts of the world. When we as Americans go to the UK I think what we notice is another shade of the western mentality.
Hehe, you're not the first to say it, Brits do have a crispier accent that make them immediately sound more sophisticated than Americans or Aussies, even when they're swearing at a football mistake or blurting out disgustingly racist remarks like that tram woman in a video posted elsewhere. I have been in the UK, as well as exposed to US people, long enough to believe that UK doesn't equate to a smaller version of US. And if we consider London, the melting pot, the degree of ethnical integration and harmony is completely different (and much better in my view) than what I saw or was told about US large cities like New York or Los Angeles. London is a federation of villages, a place where you will hardly be intimidated by its sheer metropolitan dimensions. I'm not surprised that Americans who live in London holding onto the belief you described above will end up missing out massively on its social and dating scene.
DigitalNomad wrote:I think this boils down to, the girls dig you in the UK, they dig the italian guy thing, you found your niche and that is what it's all about. IMHO I think the UK is the Eastern version (East o{quotef the Atlantic Ocean) of America, like if you can go to America go to the UK (Generic America).
Again, this comes from your distorted view. An Italian doesn't have any edge whatsoever compared to a Frenchman, a Russian or an American. It's all about entering into a different cultural mindset and vibe by cracking open that nutshell of social paranoias that many of your seem to harbour. Let yourself uplift by those old red brick and stone buildings, those pointy roofs piercing the crisp springtime air. Walk into one of the sweet independent cafes for a cappuccino and a croissant and smile at the cute blondie who will serve you, most probably a girl from Poland, Lithuania or Slovakia. What makes you think she will smile at you and talk to you (and beyond) differently than if you met her in Wroclaw or Vilnius? A different environment doesn't change people if not over a very long period of time, unless they have no integrity to begin with, they have to struggle to survive with little or no money, or a big trauma happens.

I have seen young men ugly as f*ck snogging supercute girls they didn't even know existed 30 minutes before just because the "vibe seemed right" and they had left their inhibitions at home. Who cares if they then got their numbers, bedded them or else: there's always another young lady, another friend, another encounter to be found in those narrow cobbled streets, between the wooden beams of those old pubs, or the stylish voids of a modern art museum. The key thing is: go with the flow, no expectations. You mention you would be terrified by having to show your blue passport. Then be it. In London, you're not an American anymore, and you don't have to go for the "locals", as a "local" may be anyone from one of 130 different countries who has spent at least a full day in London.

Just to end with an example, the cutest exotic Asian-looking girl started shifts in the pub round the corner to my office (basically back of Buckingham Palace). I was there around three weeks ago with my colleagues and started to flirt with her with the usual excuse of buying a round of drinks. She was as cute as the best mix of a Westerner and Filipino, Mongolian maybe, couldn't say. I asked her if she was mixed race and she giggled that no she wasn't although many people asked her that question. I had to list about 5 countries in central Asia (I thought she then had to be from Kazakh or something) before hitting Turkmenistan. I had never met someone from Turkmenistan. Sheker. Sugar, in their Turkish derivative language. I will surely see her again, and she will grace me with those cute slanty eyes and that porcelain smile. That alone would be enough to keep me hopelessly tied to London, loving every bit, every street and every minute of it, and render any notion of race, social status, skin and passport colour "N/A", not applicable.
Last edited by publicduende on December 5th, 2011, 2:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.
publicduende
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by publicduende »

lavezzi wrote:It's important to take into the account the image women from other Anglo cultures have of American men thanks to television/the media; basically nerdy and unappealing (unless you're black).
White degeneracy in England stems from Irish immigration, so the bad-boys that English women go wet for are mostly made up of Irish ancestry. So I guess they are naturally drawn to us because of that. They say the reason why Englishmen resent Irishmen these days has less to do with any IRA terrorist attacks and more to do with the fact that we f**k so many of their women :lol:
That's quite interesting, great knowing that! Now I can relate this to John, my very first landlord when I came here in 1998. A prototypical Irishman: tall and large as a double wardrobe, scruffy hair and beard, an ex-boxer (in the smokey 70s I believe) turned builder. I remember him boasting that his son had f***ed hundreds of women since he was 11, but if he had seen him missing church on Sunday or with a single glass of beer before he turned 18,he would have "knocked his brains out of his skull". Go figure :-)
DigitalNomad
Freshman Poster

Post by DigitalNomad »

publicduende wrote:
Repatriate wrote:Congrats on your international dating success in London of all places. There are a number of things you have going for you though that gives you a significant edge. You're italian. I'd say if there were the top 4 ethnicities that women around the world almost universally love it would be Italian, Argentinian, Spanish, Scandinavians with strong nordic features.) Well then again classifying "Scandinavian" as an ethnicity is playing a bit loose with the definition but my point remains.

That's not to say other ethnicities couldn't get lucky there as well but it's much more difficult i'd say which is why the U.K. is considered challenging for most of us.
Thanks Repatriate, but I didn't want to imply that my "success story" is due to me being superior to anybody else on any aspect. You think it's because I'm Italian? Maybe the stereotype of Italian = pullers worked out a little bit, but it's just a stereotype. The point I was trying to make is that the conditions look ideal: variety of women, pre-filtered, living conditions that are conducive to social and sexual freedom, if not promiscuity in some cases.

Why are you guys convinced ethnicity, ie. looks, play such a big part? I still remember some of the best ladies' boys in my years: it wasn't me, but it did include Ekapot a Thai guy, Rasheev an Indian guy, and a Singaporean guy I don't remember.

Don't know...maybe one of the things that did play in my favour was that I was 23/24 and used to date undegrads (17-21) as well, who probably saw me as a more mature person. I can ensure you that I could pass as cute, and I was surely much fitter than now, but was never a stud or a stunner.
I made the same comment but some reason your in denile and think that "Vinnie" is getting women because of the type of women in the UK.. dude your getting women because your a Italian.. get over it..not a bad thing.. first step is to admit you have a "problem" lol
lavezzi
Junior Poster

Post by lavezzi »

DigitalNomad wrote:I made the same comment but some reason your in denile and think that "Vinnie" is getting women because of the type of women in the UK.. dude your getting women because your a Italian.. get over it..not a bad thing.. first step is to admit you have a "problem" lol
I have a friend who is of 100% Indian blood and he claims to get laid in London like there's no tomorrow. Ever been to the UK or to a British holiday resort? It's common knowledge that English women in general are the easiest in the world.
djfourmoney
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by djfourmoney »

I've never deeply investigated London for several reasons, but one amazing stat keeps it on the radar -

Interracial Marriage (White Woman/Black Man) -

UK: 27%
US: 6% (As of 2010)

Which common sense would tell me I should be running around not just London but throughout the country. Unfortunately I keep running into the same issues with women there as I do here.

Most won't tolerate age differences wider than 2-5 years if they are under 35, thin, childless and never married. That is one constant that I already live with in America.

Dating Profiles are also similar with most women desiring men who are established because the specter of taking care of a man is unattractive to them. Not that it would happen and if it does, its usually the women who goes out with such men, who are at home all day smoking blunts, playing video games and then borrowing her car to go hang out with the fellas.

All the while they complain about it, but make no changes until they have too.

I also find the same problem weight challenged women, UK has just as many if not more Fat Women. Especially those interested in dating Black Men (go figure).

While I keep it on the radar, I just find it more and more unlikely I will hook up with a British Woman (Irish or Scottish for that matter).
Contrarian Expatriate
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Contrarian Expatriate »

Welcome to the forum Vanni. I've seen a few of your contributions already and yours is quite a welcome perspective here.

Regarding London, it has been 15 years since my last trip there so perhaps my view is a bit outdated. London does not lend itself to escaping the misandric hell that is dating in the USA. While most agree that the UK is a less severe example of misandric culture, why would one want to experience a cultural milieu that is simple less femo-centric than our native one when we could leave the matrix altogether and go to other places where women are traditional-minded and see men as men?

You were fortunate to have such a positive experience in London. I believe that your being a better than average looking Italian skewed your experience to an easy one. Most of us would not garner the interest that an Italian graduate student would garner in London. It is too large a place with too large a pool of distracting competition for potential companions.

In addition to the above, the UK represents a society that has bought into the hype that we seek to escape. Some of the most legendary men's rights activists from YouTube are from the UK (ie. ArgusEyes, Thugtician, and ManWomanMyth, etc.)

That being the case with the UK, I find places like Uzbekistan, Bratislava, and Ljubljana to be fountains of women open to meeting and socializing and dating me and people like me.

London remains a wonderful place to visit, and a good place to begin international travel. However, it remains too close to its US cousin to be a long term solution for men seeking happiness abroad.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Here is Rooshv explaining why London sucks.

Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by zboy1 »

Winston wrote:Here is Rooshv explaining why London sucks.

See! I told you people that British girls are some of the worst in Europe! Roosh is spot on about the English girls--and how unfeminine, violent, and unfriendly they are in general. Having spent some time in the U.K. stationed on a USAF base, the American soldiers constantly bitched about the quality of the girls there--except for the hot Eastern European and hot Indian chicks over there. Otherwise, avoid the English women at all costs!