HANDSOME Winston: New photos and clothes - What do you all think? lol

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
Winston
Site Admin

HANDSOME Winston: New photos and clothes - What do you all think? lol

Post by Winston »

Hi all,
With the cold winter here in Taiwan, we went out and got some new clothes today. The clothes available here look far better in terms of appearance and quality than in the Philippines. So I had a lot of decent clothes to choose from. Here are some nice new shirts and jacket I bought with my online income earnings (thanks to you guys). I took some pics of myself in them to show you guys and others. What do you think? Don't they make me look better, more polished and yuppie-like? :) Do I look thinner too? Am I dressed and ready for China? lol

Last edited by Winston on May 28th, 2012, 6:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
The Arab
Freshman Poster

Post by The Arab »

Why so sirrus ?
Disillusioned_American
Freshman Poster

Post by Disillusioned_American »

How cold does it actually get at night in Taiwan during the winter months?

I think you look fine in those shirts. Are they quarter-zip/button at the top? I think the gray and brown striped ones look best on you. Also, the black jacket it pretty cool. Sophisticated, yet still casual. Maybe you should gel your hair a little, and get some wrap-around "terminator" style sun glasses to complete the ensemble.
Repatriate
Veteran Poster

Post by Repatriate »

Yeah that's a bit better but still not that interesting. Try dressier black shirts with interesting designs on it besides horizontal lines. Don't tell me you are still wearing those cross trainers and non fitted jeans with those shirts though. Fitted pants should be high on your list.

Winston ever try on various hats? Like a blues flock hat or a non flashy fedora. Something classic. Hats can either make you look like a total douche or you just might have the right build and look to carry it off.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

It gets about as cold as in Northern California, maybe even a little colder. Yes they are quarter zip at the top.

Gel is useless on my hair. My hair is very coarse and does not bend with any gel at all.

Repatriate, I'm not trying to look interesting. I'm just trying to look polished and presentable, like a professional on vacation.

Can you give me an example of a dressier black shirt from google images?

Or maybe show me a picture of you wearing what you think is ideal for an Asian guy? lol

What are fitted pants or non fitted pants exactly?

One problem I have is that my waist size is 36, so that when I buy pants in stores, they are always baggy and wide in the legs. To get pants with thin legs, you gotta get them at waist size 32. What can you do about that? Is the only solution to go to a place that makes custom tailored jeans?

I did get some new pants, the ones with ridges in them that feel like flannel, which are very comfortable. I think they are called corduroys. They look kind of like this: (except mine are a bit baggier and wider cause of my 36 waist size)

ImageImage

Do you think I'd look good in pants like this?

Btw, what do you all think of cargo pants, the ones with those utility pockets in the sides? I think those are very useful for traveling because the extra pockets in them are useful for storing gadgets and things. But do they make a guy look sloppy or less classy? What do you all think?
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by momopi »

You can buy jeans with different cuts, i.e. Levis "straight leg" cuts will have slimmer leg cuts. For dress pants, the Express carries the producer pant line with straight cuts. Depending on your shape slim cuts may not fit you or may not look good on you. You don't want to wear something that might break at the seams when you sit down either.

For tops, avoid horizontal stripes if you have a belly. Horizontal stripes are good for skinny guys that want to look like they have some meat on their bones. Instead of looking for cloths to camo the pot belly, it's better to just do 20 sits ups in the morning and 20 at night to lose it.

If your hair is coarse, you didn't take care of it. What conditioner do you use for your hair?

When taking self portraits, be aware of the background. Generally speaking it's better to have clutter-free background, or nice outdoor scenes. Your digital camera has many settings, try playing with them and take a folding tripod with you (even a little one will do). A pro photographer once told me that the difference between pro's and amateurs is that the pro's take 100 pictures and pick the best out of 100's, versus the amateur snaps 1 picture and walks away. With digital cameras, your cost of taking hundreds of photos is not significant. Typical DSLR camera today is rated for 100,000 - 150,000 clicks, so if you took 100 pictures every day, it'd take 3-5 years before you reach the MTBF rating.
steve55
Junior Poster

New clothing

Post by steve55 »

Winston, you look like a worn out taxi driver, or even someone's dirty old uncle ready to molest someone's kids. Lol, bahahaha!!!! Juuuuust kidding. Couldn't resist. These clothes look very average, except for the last one. The last outfit looks great.

The other outfits are bad because they are tight around your torso, which emphasizes your overly abundant waiste line. Wear more loose fitting clothing like pullovers. You will look good in pull over sweaters for example. Stay away from the tight fitting stuff. Let rock wear that kind of stuff. Lol
well-informed
Freshman Poster

Post by well-informed »

I like how you use black as if nobody will ever notice that you have a big fat gut smack-dabbed in the middle of your body
Contrarian Expatriate
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Contrarian Expatriate »

Not bad, but I see you like to wear a lot of neutral colors. Try to wear more vibrant colors that work for you. Nothing loud; blues, maroons, burnt orange, would do a lot for you. I think you should also get one size larger in shirts, because the tighter shirts are less flattering.

Also, you have hair on the top of your head. For crying out loud, grow the hair longer on top and keep the sides shorter and neat. Your military haircut is somewhat passe, and some guys would kill to have hair on top at your age so use it.
Grunt
Junior Poster

Post by Grunt »

I know I am ugly, but winston brings ugly to new heights, lol!
How to deal with newbies that talk much but do little.

Pics or it didn't happen.

YES/NO

Cool story, bro.

Problem solved.
Repatriate
Veteran Poster

Post by Repatriate »

Winston wrote:
Gel is useless on my hair. My hair is very coarse and does not bend with any gel at all.
Try Gatsby hair wax it works for asian hair and is pretty popular throughout asia for this reason.
Repatriate, I'm not trying to look interesting. I'm just trying to look polished and presentable, like a professional on vacation.
I'm not saying that you should dress in a bright red shirt with flowers on it with a popped collar and a dagger necklace.
Can you give me an example of a dressier black shirt from google images?
Check out uniqlo. They are a Japanese outlet but they have clothes that fit pretty well for asians and the style looks classy and understated. They have a few stores in Taiwan. It also doesn't look overly preppy or gay. You don't have the body type for their jeans but their sweaters and down jackets are nice and look like they would fit the understated professional look you're going for.
What are fitted pants or non fitted pants exactly?
Tailored or find a seamstress who knows how to properly hem and adjust store bought jeans. Tailored dress pants or casual wear isn't as expensive as you think it is. It's worth every penny.
Btw, what do you all think of cargo pants, the ones with those utility pockets in the sides? I think those are very useful for traveling because the extra pockets in them are useful for storing gadgets and things. But do they make a guy look sloppy or less classy? What do you all think?
I'd avoid cargo pants because you'd look like a day laborer. Cargo pants are for teenagers, college kids, or geologists. Since you are none of the above I wouldn't recommend it.

Also never wear leather or mesh type pants. It's for tall skinny guys who can carry the wannabe rockstar or heroin chic look. It would look absolutely gay on you.
Grunt
Junior Poster

Post by Grunt »

Whats wrong with jeans, t-shirt, and a baseball cap?
How to deal with newbies that talk much but do little.

Pics or it didn't happen.

YES/NO

Cool story, bro.

Problem solved.
E_Irizarry
Veteran Poster

Post by E_Irizarry »

Winston should rock baggy jeans and Tims with an oversized triple-fat goose, a fannypack and a male-purse.

He would get the lower echelon of scallie wags from TW no doubt.
"I appreciate the opportunities I have in America. Opportunities that allow me to live abroad." **Smiles** - Have2Fly@H.A. (2013)

"The only way to overcome that is to go abroad to get a broad."
- E. Irizarry (2009)

"MGTOW resilience is the key to foreign residence. You better muthafuckin' ask somebody!!"
- E. Irizarry (2012)

"I rather be ostracized by 157.0 million (27.3% of the US of Gay pop), then to appease 1 feminist." - E. Irizarry (2013)

TanBoy by DNA | Despedido, Hugo Chavez...Descansa en paz!
Repatriate
Veteran Poster

Post by Repatriate »

Grunt wrote:Whats wrong with jeans, t-shirt, and a baseball cap?
Nothing actually. It just all has to fit properly and that's the problem.
Repatriate
Veteran Poster

Post by Repatriate »

Also, I recommend you wear dressier shirts that have a bit of a nice collar on it.

Because you have no neck, an uncharacteristic chin, and a round face.