Foods sold in US destroy healthy individuals

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
C.J.
Experienced Poster

Foods sold in US destroy healthy individuals

Post by C.J. »

This is why you shouldn't depend on any food or drink product sold in the US to be healthy.

All fresh consumables are kept in storage for very long periods of time to de-energize them, to make sure they have NO health benefits whatsoever. Then they are artificially mixed with other chemicals to make them tasty, and sold on the grocery shelves. This is why if you consume products such as the one in the link, you'll actually LOSE physical/mental energy, and why low-energy individuals will often feel drowsy and possibly even fall asleep within minutes. Loss of this valuable energy also contributes to weight gain and stupidity. Which is why foreigners, even when they eat food from their own diets, gain weight and become dumber and slower.

This kind of situation makes even fasting a better alternative to eating and drinking in the US.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

lookin4happiness
Freshman Poster

Post by lookin4happiness »

I've been totally noticing this lately dude.. When I eat the shitty food here I feel tired and sick. I ate some organic soup for dinner tonight and I felt good after it. I think I'm going to try and get mostly organic foods and see how I feel.
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by zboy1 »

lookin4happiness wrote:I've been totally noticing this lately dude.. When I eat the shitty food here I feel tired and sick. I ate some organic soup for dinner tonight and I felt good after it. I think I'm going to try and get mostly organic foods and see how I feel.
Same here, the problem is organic food is tough to find and pretty expensive to buy. It's not easy to find good organic food here in the States because the dominance of big agribusinesses like Monsanto and Cargill. The meats in the U.S. are all loaded with pesticides and anti-biotics. In other countries, fresh food is easily bought in street vendors or marketplaces, but not here.
CheezeRaider
Freshman Poster

Post by CheezeRaider »

I can't say I know a lot about food productions in the states, but I would like to make a comment.

I've been in south Korea from Dec 1 and in the first 2 weeks since I have been here my waste shrank by 2in/5cm. I have had to walk a lot because my car for obvious reason is back in the state. Regardless Korean food are currently organic and thats what I have been eating here. (with FTA being past in SK that may start to change now). Simple diet of organic and everyday walking makes a big different. And yeas I do feel healthier and my energy level is right up there.

My 2 cent.
have2fly
Junior Poster

Post by have2fly »

OMG! And I try to buy my food at local Whole Foods! BIG FAT LIE! In America, nothing is truly organic! It's all marketing.
I've been in south Korea from Dec 1 and in the first 2 weeks since I have been here my waste shrank by 2in/5cm. I have had to walk a lot because my car for obvious reason is back in the state. Regardless Korean food are currently organic and thats what I have been eating here. (with FTA being past in SK that may start to change now). Simple diet of organic and everyday walking makes a big different. And yeas I do feel healthier and my energy level is right up there.

My 2 cent.
EXACTLY!!! That's what I've been writing in topic devoted to "Why Americans are fat" and there was a dude who said "you just have to workout". Well, that's BULLSHIT! I never worked out when I lived in Europe, I did eat fatty meats and tons of carbs - potatoes, noodles, fresh cakes etc. But I walked everywhere - about 2-3 miles per day because I enjoyed walking through the city instead of using a bus or trolley. There was also almost no air conditioning, during the summer people would open up their windows and turn on fans - weather isn't as moist in Europe, so you can go by with just a fan easily.

How do you think all those girls from Russia and Ukraine stay so beautiful and skinny NEVER working out in their lifetime? Yeah, they walk everywhere and food is still decent. Believe it or not, girls in Russia/FSU consume 2-3 times more than girls in America, but they DO stay THIN. Girls over there take "girly" classes sometimes - yoga, sport strip dance (yeah, many girls over there love it), belly dancing, classic dances etc. But again, they take those classes for fun and not for their looks or health! BIG difference from America.

Food is the problem and also psychological barriers to behavior of Americans. Try walking down the street in your average suburb - people honk at you and think you are some weirdo, so you have to drive, even though you could actually walk. That ignorant behavior only adds more to the obesity problem.
Mr S
Veteran Poster

There’s Flame Retardant in Mountain Dew

Post by Mr S »

http://gizmodo.com/5868012/theres-flame ... untain-dew

There’s Flame Retardant in Mountain Dew

Mountain Dew. The oh so sweet is it yellow? is it green? nectar of the geek gods and fuel for gamers has flame retardant in it. Yup. Mountain Dew, along with 10 percent of sodas in the US, contains brominated vegetable oil (BVO), a flame retardant chemical banned in Europe and Japan.

The flame retardant, BVO, is currently listed as an ingredient in various citrus soft drinks such as: Mountain Dew, Squirt, Fanta Orange, Sunkist Pineapple, Gatorade Thirst Quencher Orange, Powerade Strawberry Lemonade and Fresca Original Citrus.

But why and what for? According to the Environmental Health News, BVO contains "bromine atoms which weigh down the citrus flavoring so it mixes with sugar water" instead of floating to the top. Basically, BVO gives soda more consistent flavoring. That sounds good! But BVO is also added to polystyrene foam cushions in furniture and plastics in electronics because BVO can slow down the chemical reactions that cause a fire. Yuck. Is that what we want to be drinking?

So how the hell if BVO is banned in foods in Europe and Japan, does BVO still exist here? Well, back in 1977, the FDA set what they thought was a "safe" limit for BVO in sodas and soda companies have been allowed to use BVO ever since. Seriously! That's the only reason! Scientists believe that the data the FDA looked at in the 1970s is outdated (ya think?) and that BVO needs a closer look. The EHN says:

After a few extreme soda binges—not too far from what many gamers regularly consume—a few patients have needed medical attention for skin lesions, memory loss and nerve disorders, all symptoms of overexposure to bromine. Other studies suggest that BVO could be building up in human tissues, just like other brominated compounds such as flame retardants. In mouse studies, big doses caused reproductive and behavioral problems.

As if we needed more reason to learn that soda is terrible for us.
"The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." Marcus Aurelius, Roman Emperor and stoic philosopher, 121-180 A.D.
Taco
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Taco »

Hypothyroidism, is a very common medical problem in western countries and rare in tropical countries where the diet is mostly fruit, fish, rice, cooked with coconut oil. It is estimated that over 27 million Americans suffer from some type of thyroid dysfunction, with less than half of them not being accurately diagnosed.

Unlike, most medical conditions, Hypothyroidism causes mental, physical and psychiatric symptoms. Symptoms include anxiety, insomnia, fatigue, depression, weight gain, constipation, lethargy, headaches, poor memory and concentration, dry skin, waking up exhausted, .

It is true that iodine defciency causes hypothyroism. However, Iodine excess also increases the possibility of hypothyroidism. Iodine increases the activity of an enzyme called thyroid peroxidase(TPO) which worsens hypothroidism.

Most common causes of Hypothyroidism.

1. Fluoridated drinking water - fluoride binds to thyroid receptors
2. Tea - has high fluoride content
3. Juice
4. Soda
5. Wine
6. Beer
7. Toothpate - has high fluoride content
8. Iodized table salt - almost every canned food has tons of salt in it, including chocolate milk
9. Food allergies and food intolerances - antibodies can attack your thyroid
10. Pesticides - used on grapes reduce thyroid function
11. Canola and Corn oil
12. Soy
13. Cigarettes

Thyroid Links
http://www.fluoridealert.org/
http://www.infowars.com/world-fluoridated-water-map/
http://www.naturalnews.com/026605_fluor ... detox.html
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by zboy1 »

Speaking of food destroying healthy individuals, check this out:

http://shine.yahoo.com/shine-food/2011s ... 00779.html

2011's Over-the-Top Fast Foods

For years, America's fast-food empires have embodied what's wrong with our eating habits: Too fast, for one thing, and too fatty. And thanks to the trend that dominated fast food in 2011, you can add another downside: Way, way too flagrantly over-the-top.
Free
Freshman Poster

Post by Free »

This is a generalization, haven't always been correct, but one way I can pick an American that eats a typical junky diet out of the rest of the crowd in other countries, is they have that pudgy type face and not referring to fat, and even the thinner types have a distinct pudge in the face.
Better explain it this way - what it is is water retention, bloating, due to high intake of salt in the many junky foods. Check the sodium mg levels in food after food and it's just mind blowing astronomical.
For example, determining from a distance an American with Irish genes, in Ireland, from a native Irishman. Not a science, but I've been right many times.

It's simply mind boggling all the junky foods out there!
It's cliche, but good health is the foundation to so many other things. Just lifting the fog from the brain and moods makes a huge difference.

I would wish many people to consider looking into what they eat. They would be amazed at the change in them in many ways.
"Give me liberty or give me death" - Patrick Henry
djfourmoney
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by djfourmoney »

Sorry but Fluoridated is a myth. Take a glass of drinking water and have it tested and you won't find any, at least not in LA's water supply. I can't say that for other places.

Sorry but I don't have "Fog" of the brain and I don't off the deep end like so many poster here seem to.

If you're worried about what you're putting in your mouth and want to go with the Raw Foods Movement then by all means DO IT and stop complaining here. There plenty of outlets to warn you of such thing, the MSM won't do it because that means not getting money from Coke, Pepsi, General Mills or ConAgra for bad mouthing food. In the movie The Corporation, A local Fox News station was forced to drop its investigation of milk cows being loaded up with all sorts of unproven additives.

This is nothing new, thanks for pushing the Yellow Alert Status light.
djfourmoney
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by djfourmoney »

zboy1 wrote:
lookin4happiness wrote:I've been totally noticing this lately dude.. When I eat the shitty food here I feel tired and sick. I ate some organic soup for dinner tonight and I felt good after it. I think I'm going to try and get mostly organic foods and see how I feel.
Same here, the problem is organic food is tough to find and pretty expensive to buy. It's not easy to find good organic food here in the States because the dominance of big agribusinesses like Monsanto and Cargill. The meats in the U.S. are all loaded with pesticides and anti-biotics. In other countries, fresh food is easily bought in street vendors or marketplaces, but not here.
http://www.backyardaquaponics.com

Grow your own, even in an apartment, no excuses.
Taco
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Taco »

Taco wrote:Hypothyroidism, is a very common medical problem in western countries and rare in tropical countries where the diet is mostly fruit, fish, rice, cooked with coconut oil. It is estimated that over 27 million Americans suffer from some type of thyroid dysfunction, with less than half of them not being accurately diagnosed.

Unlike, most medical conditions, Hypothyroidism causes mental, physical and psychiatric symptoms. Symptoms include anxiety, insomnia, fatigue, depression, weight gain, constipation, lethargy, headaches, poor memory and concentration, dry skin, waking up exhausted, .

It is true that iodine defciency causes hypothyroism. However, Iodine excess also increases the possibility of hypothyroidism. Iodine increases the activity of an enzyme called thyroid peroxidase(TPO) which worsens hypothroidism.

Most common causes of Hypothyroidism.

1. Fluoridated drinking water - fluoride binds to thyroid receptors
2. Tea - has high fluoride content
3. Juice
4. Soda
5. Wine
6. Beer
7. Toothpate - has high fluoride content
8. Iodized table salt - almost every canned food has tons of salt in it, including chocolate milk
9. Food allergies and food intolerances - antibodies can attack your thyroid
10. Pesticides - used on grapes reduce thyroid function
11. Canola and Corn oil
12. Soy
13. Cigarettes

Thyroid Links
http://www.fluoridealert.org/
http://www.infowars.com/world-fluoridated-water-map/
http://www.naturalnews.com/026605_fluor ... detox.html
Here's more proof of the underdiagnosed hypothyroid epidemic in the US.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qYI5I2Si ... re=related
C.J.
Experienced Poster

Post by C.J. »

djfourmoney wrote:Sorry but Fluoridated is a myth. Take a glass of drinking water and have it tested and you won't find any, at least not in LA's water supply. I can't say that for other places.
Flouride is a chemical used to kill brain cells, making people choose to be more docile being one of the symptoms of fluoride poisoning. One clear piece of evidence that this is in the water you drink is yellow or discolored teeth, which are difficult to whiten completely by natural means. One's teeth are naturally pearly white.
djfourmoney wrote:Sorry but I don't have "Fog" of the brain and I don't off the deep end like so many poster here seem to.

If you're worried about what you're putting in your mouth and want to go with the Raw Foods Movement then by all means DO IT and stop complaining here. There plenty of outlets to warn you of such thing, the MSM won't do it because that means not getting money from Coke, Pepsi, General Mills or ConAgra for bad mouthing food. In the movie The Corporation, A local Fox News station was forced to drop its investigation of milk cows being loaded up with all sorts of unproven additives.

This is nothing new, thanks for pushing the Yellow Alert Status light.
djfourmoney, I'd like to know of your diet. If you live in LA, then it must be interesting! That is a very bad place you're in. If you're brain is unaffected by anything, can you do something for me? Can you tell me what the purpose of HD TVs are?

This is not a "The sky is falling!" thread though. It is an informative one, to help people realize what is being thrown in their food and drinks, the process by which many products are created, and encouraging others to share. No one is specifically complaining about anything.

There's nothing wrong with knowing what's going on around you, and if it's being repeated(and you're complaining about it being repeated), then obviously it's something one needs to know. And while many people will tell you stuff like fluoride being bad, few if any sites will tell you things like WHY it's bad, or how it really affects your body(or even the chemicals which counteract the poisons). Or how the satanists are really poisoning the citizens of a nation through negative homeopathy. Info like that's hard to find.
lavezzi
Junior Poster

Post by lavezzi »

Free wrote:This is a generalization, haven't always been correct, but one way I can pick an American that eats a typical junky diet out of the rest of the crowd in other countries, is they have that pudgy type face and not referring to fat, and even the thinner types have a distinct pudge in the face.
Better explain it this way - what it is is water retention, bloating, due to high intake of salt in the many junky foods. Check the sodium mg levels in food after food and it's just mind blowing astronomical.
For example, determining from a distance an American with Irish genes, in Ireland, from a native Irishman. Not a science, but I've been right many times.
I can assure you, Irish men have shittier diets and drink far more alcohol on average than American men and therefore probably look even unhealthier.

Have you been to Ireland? I'd love to hear a report of here from an American on this site's perspective.
odbo
Veteran Poster

Post by odbo »

lavezzi wrote:I can assure you, Irish men have shittier diets and drink far more alcohol on average than American men and therefore probably look even unhealthier.

Have you been to Ireland? I'd love to hear a report of here from an American on this site's perspective.
You don't quite understand the magnitude of the problem. It's not that Americans are unhealthy because they like to eat "tasty" or "fatty" but unhealthy food. It's that over 90% (and rising every year) of the food sold is not fit for human/animal consumption. Eating slices of pork fat is one thing, but what if on top of that the pork is laced in food coloring to make it look appetizing, sodium nitrate to keep it fresh, and was treated with radiation to sanitize it. What if before it was killed the pig was injected with old sorts of hormones? What if it wasn't a pig at all, but a genetically modified and cloned crime against nature?

The fruits and vegetables we eat have nothing beneficial left in them, it's like eating cardboard. Fruits I ripped off of neighbors' trees look and taste different then what is store bought. Even when what you buy is fully organic with no pesticides and is not genetically modified, before it goes in your shopping cart it is "hygienically sterilized", which is a nice euphemism for being made unfit for consumption by an organic lifeform.

We are being starved, by very few seem to notice because it still LOOKS like food. The attack on us is from all sides, pausterizations in the milk and juices, fluoride in the water and beer, food coloring and aspartame in the sweets, genetically-modified cooking oils (soy, canola, etc), meat that comes from diseased and tortured animals who were pumped full of synthetic hormones and were fed GMO corn to save money instead of what they were meant to eat (i.e. grass for cows)... and so on.

The USA leads the way in all of this, so whatever is happening here will spread across the globe. But people are barely able to comprehend the dangers of one aspect of the attack on our health, like water fluoridation or growth hormones, when there is a whole system in place that ensure no matter what type of food people are buying, it will destroy their health.

"Control oil and you control nations; control food and you control the people." - Henry Kissinger

http://www.naturalnews.com/024128.html