Beautiful middle class Thai girls and average/semi ugly guys

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.
Repatriate
Veteran Poster

Beautiful middle class Thai girls and average/semi ugly guys

Post by Repatriate »

Yesterday, I took a trip to the new IKEA in Bangkok to do some browsing & shopping for knick knacks. There were huge crowds of middle class Bangkokians milling around there and a pretty high percentage of very attractive middle class women. I consider this as close as you can get to a slice of real middle class Bangkok concentrated all in one location. One thing I noticed is that it was pretty rare to see an ultra hot Thai girl with a decent looking guy. In most cases her husband/boyfriend was a decently dressed conservative looking Thai guy..very average at best. The sort of guy that would not stick out at all amongst career asian men who graduated from a decent university in the U.S. somewhere.

Some of the guys were even what we would call rather dumpy.. ie. pimply face, short, chubby, etc. Definitely not better looking than Winston and some were actually worse looking but they were with some girls that I considered to be extremely attractive..slim, very pretty face, well dressed, nice hair style, good complexion, long legs, etc.. It was a glaring contrast. They also were helping their husbands/bfs out the whole time with smiles instead of nagging. This seemed to confirm my observations that middle class Thai women overwhelmingly choose to marry and have relationships along the same class lines and they're looking for stable men of their own nationality. I think many are willing to settle with not too good looking middle class Thai men as long as they satisfy the stability and comfort requirement as a husband.

I saw very few western/Thai couples considering the massive throngs of people and only around 3 couples, 4 if you count me as a westerner in disguise. The Western/Thai couples were pretty average. One younger white western guy/Thai couple looked like an obvious p4p match as well.

Anyways, this isn't all that much of a surprise but it is interesting. Some of these girls were gorgeous, better than any other bird watching spot i've been to in Thailand. I had a hard time keeping my eyes focused while my girlfriend was around. :lol:
green1976
Freshman Poster

Post by green1976 »

Doesn't surprise me at all.
Just by taking a tour in any shopping mall,not only in Bangkok but in any others places,it's obvious that the beauty of the women is far away over of the men.

Even if Thai men from middle class have the upper hand with their kind in Bangkok for example..the balance is not in their favor in the poor countryside.

Girls are in a rush to find a westerner who will provide for them and their family.

I have not a particular interest in middle class or hi so type women in Bangkok just because they have no interest in me and because i have to initiate or work for it to make the first step.

When i come to Thailand,and when i will spend most of the time there,i want my peace of mind.

I'm not in the mood to struggle for females so my darlings will be found in poor neighborhood,that's a fact.
Seeker
Freshman Poster

Post by Seeker »

Yes I saw this all the time in Bangkok too. There's a paucity of good looking heterosexual Thai men combined with a glut of attractive Thai women. This is part of the reason why an above average looking man gets so much attention from women there.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Hey now. I'm not chubby or that short. I just have a big stomach. That's all. My whole body and physique is not chubby. It's still proportionate. Lots of girls tell me that I'm handsome or cute, and even charming. I swear they do. So I have a right to believe that I am. When I look in the mirror, I see a good looking cute charming guy too.

Stop downing my looks will you? Sheesh. Your opinion does not represent the world's.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Seeker
Freshman Poster

Post by Seeker »

Since Winston doesn't like critical comments about his looks I won't make any. I will say that he's no worse looking than the typical white guy his age in Southeast Asia.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

We should make a new rule here:

No criticizing each other's looks unless the critic is willing to show his/her picture online too. lol

Wouldn't that be great? lol

Sheesh guys. We are not here to date each other anyway, or participate in a hot or not beauty contest. We are here to freely discuss deep truthful topics openly, share information, help and encourage each other, network with each other, and form a kindred community with like-minded others.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
green1976
Freshman Poster

Post by green1976 »

Also let's not forget that a huge amount of males..more the young ones..are feminine and even some of them are really gay or ladyboys.

Just take a walk in a shopping mall in Bangkok and you will see how young Thai males are feminized.

They have the female version of lesbians..who will dress like boy,pay young girls to be with them too.
I reckon that for one butch lesbian,there will be 5 feminized boys or ladyboys.

What is special with Thailand is they are very open regarding sexuality.

They would not blink an eye having a ladyboy waitress or a girl dressing like a boy working in the construction field.

For a good looking young western athletic guy,he will have a good time Thailand,less in Bangkok but no problem for him to find a girlfriend in other cities or in the countryside.
Seeker
Freshman Poster

Post by Seeker »

green1976 wrote:Also let's not forget that a huge amount of males..more the young ones..are feminine and even some of them are really gay or ladyboys.

Just take a walk in a shopping mall in Bangkok and you will see how young Thai males are feminized.
I saw an article in which a Thai headteacher estimated 10-20% of boys in his school became transgendered in some way, and when they made the switch they didn't go back. Why is the proportion there so high? Add that to the number of regular gays and that's a lot of males out of the competition. If you're youngish and above average looking you're really out in front compared to the vast majority of locals.
The headteacher, Sitisak Sumontha, estimates that in any year between 10% and 20% of his boys consider themselves to be transgender - boys who would rather be girls.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/asia-p ... 529227.stm
green1976
Freshman Poster

Post by green1976 »

Seeker wrote:Since Winston doesn't like critical comments about his looks I won't make any. I will say that he's no worse looking than the typical white guy his age in Southeast Asia.
I will say that comparing Winston with the typical white guy his age in Southeast Asia is not a compliment :D
How bad looking they are if not also alcoholic(even the ones in their 30's).

Last time i was in a small city accompanied with my friend, and we witnessed one really ugly old man having a gorgeous Thai lady he could not even dream of walking together in his own country.

I will say even a young handsome guy surrounded by a lot of dollars, would not even be capable to have a so sexy woman in his native place.

Just my friend told me:"This old ugly fat bald guy have understand everything...he know the score"

For sure,it should cost not so much to be hand in hand having a Thai girl like he had..i just made the comparison on how this ugly dude would fail miserably to be alone all his life in his country and that he was right to travel around the world to finish in Thailand banging a woman who could be his granddaughter. :D
MrPeabody
Experienced Poster

Post by MrPeabody »

I have enclosed a link below to an interesting study on sex roles in Thailand. The article suggests that Thai culture had weak sex identity going back deep into its history, but the sex roles were imposed on them by the West, and hence are fairly recent. For example, in ancient Thai dress, women and men basically dressed in the same clothing, but modern Thai kings seeking to emulate the West imposed the British costumes - pants for men, dresses for women.

http://intersections.anu.edu.au/issue9/jackson.html
NorthAmericanguy
Veteran Poster

Post by NorthAmericanguy »

MrPeabody wrote:I have enclosed a link below to an interesting study on sex roles in Thailand. The article suggests that Thai culture had weak sex identity going back deep into its history, but the sex roles were imposed on them by the West, and hence are fairly recent. For example, in ancient Thai dress, women and men basically dressed in the same clothing, but modern Thai kings seeking to emulate the West imposed the British costumes - pants for men, dresses for women.

http://intersections.anu.edu.au/issue9/jackson.html
Exactly, I was going to chime in thinking along these lines^^ You figure, in the East men may not have been conditioned or know how to groom themselves in the way that western men do so the men come off dumpy.

Also, I would argue that it's easier for a woman to appear to be physically desirable apposed to a man because women are born good looking apposed to men who usually have to WORK at looking good.

In other words, any young woman from any part of the world is going to be considered "hot"/F***able by most men, but the same would not be true if the roles were reversed.

As far as the royal Thai like Bhumibol, he was born in the US and spent many years living in Switzerland with his late brother and family. Bhumibol is more Western at heart then Thai with all due respect.
xiongmao
Veteran Poster

Post by xiongmao »

Thai women are smart. They know a good looking guy can have any girl he wants.

Having been to China a lot I have to tell you that a good looking guy would be tempted around 1000 times an hour!
I was Happier Abroad for a while but Covid killed that off.
Fed up with being foreveralone.jpg? Check out my comprehensive directory of dating sites.
Love Chinese girls? Read my complete guide to Chinese dating.
Seeker
Freshman Poster

Post by Seeker »

green1976 wrote:I will say that comparing Winston with the typical white guy his age in Southeast Asia is not a compliment :D
How bad looking they are if not also alcoholic(even the ones in their 30's).
You and I both know that, but at least he's not any worse than they are, so it's pretty dumb for one of those guys to clown on Winston's looks. Thing is, at least those guys have the self awareness to see their real level of looks. Does Winnie?
FREEDOM1
Freshman Poster

Post by FREEDOM1 »

hi

in response to repatriates initial posting

In any country in the world the majority of that countries with women will want to be with same nationality men

This is not exclusive to thailand - its pretty normal

if you go to croatia, spain, egypt whatever .....it will be the same

Cultural differences can be more of a factor than just looks

its as simple as that - just remember this forever - like attracts like

only a small percentage will go outside their comfort zone - moste people are sheep

especially women

Cheers
chanta76
Experienced Poster

Post by chanta76 »

The looks debate again.

I think as women become more and more equal to men in the social economic field. You will see women demanding that men look better. This is pretty much what is happening in the states and pretty much in the west. Guys have to have his shit together..his job, his health , his home etc...

In Asia it's lagging behind a bit...although I think South Korea maybe the exception to that. You do see pretty Korean girls with average looking Korean guys ..but the average looking Korean guy makes it up with personality or status. If the Korean guy is good looking ...than it's a different matter. The last time I was in South Korea I notice more and more Korean guys dressing up ..hitting the gym .

For Thailand ..I have to revisit that country again. Way back in 2000 or 2001 I visited that country I didn't really notice this. What I did notice was that most of the Thai girls hooking up with the western men on the average were not that attractive BUT ....beauty is eye of the beholder. If a western guy thinks their attractive who am I to argue.