It's Time To Get Out Of Stocks - Now!

Discuss issues related to business, finance, taxes, investments, cost of living in different countries, etc.
Taco
Elite Upper Class Poster

It's Time To Get Out Of Stocks - Now!

Post by Taco »

Unless your a day trader, now is a good time to sell.

zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by zboy1 »

I've already sold all my stocks a year ago and I'm happy I did. I should've put more money into gold two years ago, but I quit my job and had to liquidate my gold shares in order to pay off my bills. If I still had a job, I would put most of money into gold and silver shares, mining companies, commodities, agriculture, and oil futures. Anyone putting their money into stocks in this economic environment is going to get burned.
Contrarian Expatriate
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Contrarian Expatriate »

I have to disagree with your alarmism. You would have been more correct to say this last summer before the downturn, but even then there has been no doomsday.

Historically-speaking the stock market recovery precedes the recovery of a recession. That being the case, it is better to be in now rather than miss the boat.

I say in a worst case scenario, the market will test the lows of March 2009. In a best case scenario, we will be 15 percent higher this time next year.

Seasoned investors don't jump all the way in anyway. I'm about 30 in stocks, and should the market dip down another 25 %, I will go 90 % stocks again. I too pulled out last April which was perfect timing (luck more than anything), so I have to be correct a second time to take advantage of a good reentry point.
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: It's Time To Get Out Of Stocks - Now!

Post by Rock »

Taco wrote:Unless your a day trader, now is a good time to sell.

Well, as I recall, last time you made an urgent doomsday prediction based on your 'special sources', the time came and went without incident. Why do you keep pretending you know what's going to happen when in reality, you just get sucked in by predictions made by certain others on Youtube. No need to regurgitate random alarmist stuff. Independent thoughts and original analysis from your side would be a lot more helpful. Do you have any to offer?
Taco
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: It's Time To Get Out Of Stocks - Now!

Post by Taco »

Rock wrote:
Taco wrote:Unless your a day trader, now is a good time to sell.

Well, as I recall, last time you made an urgent doomsday prediction based on your 'special sources', the time came and went without incident. Why do you keep pretending you know what's going to happen when in reality, you just get sucked in by predictions made by certain others on Youtube. No need to regurgitate random alarmist stuff. Independent thoughts and original analysis from your side would be a lot more helpful. Do you have any to offer?
I never made a doomsday prediction, I just provided the youtube links to about 50 people(economists, trends forecasters etc…) that were making doomsday predictions.

Never believe any financial market commentary unless it can be proven using charts and technical analysis indicators, such as the video link I provided. Stock, Futures and Index charts don’t lie because their an accurate record of what’s going on in the markets, my personal beliefs regarding the economy are based on these charts.

Historically, gold only increases when the economy is bad(during wars, subtle hint #1), the price of gold has increased about $1600/oz. during the past ten years, a six fold increase. Currently, gold is decreasing in price but that’s only because there’s some profit taking happening after the longest run in modern times(10 year run). Many people believe that gold is just another bubble that has burst and will never come back in price, this is not true however. Gold prices will hit new highs as the stock markets and real estate markets continue to be downgraded.

The European union is the largest economy in the world, its no secret its in serious financial trouble, this is not a problem that can be fixed. When the euro crashes(soon) all other economies will crash with it, western countries will be hardest hit.

Unlike, most guys on this forum, I don’t watch CNN financial news in my spare time which perpetuates a continually stable but falsely optimistic view of the markets and world economy(the sun always shines on TV).
xiongmao
Veteran Poster

Post by xiongmao »

I've just bought into a Europe stocks fund yielding 9%. Sure, Europe has it's problems, but the fund is full of household names selling boring stuff we can't do without. [the fund uses covered calls to boost returns - I love these funds!]

Ignis Argonaut European Enhanced Income is the name, but I don't know if it's available outside of the UK.

I do watch Bloomberg and CNBC, but only for the hot Asian news anchors!
I was Happier Abroad for a while but Covid killed that off.
Fed up with being foreveralone.jpg? Check out my comprehensive directory of dating sites.
Love Chinese girls? Read my complete guide to Chinese dating.