Mel Gibson divorce....yes he got royally ass raped in court

Discuss movies, films, TV shows, music, celebrities and entertainment.
onezero4u
Freshman Poster

Mel Gibson divorce....yes he got royally ass raped in court

Post by onezero4u »

http://dailycaller.com/2011/12/26/mel-g ... n-fortune/

you think his nagging wife deserved 425 million dollars in the settlement for contributing next to NOTHING to the marriage.

just in case you guys needed 1 more reason not to get married...read the short article
marriage is a 3 ring circus: engagement ring, wedding ring and then suffering.
Fenix
Junior Poster

Post by Fenix »

Damn, he got f***ed! If a man of his caliber gets raped in court, imagine Johnny Blowjob.
Contrarian Expatriate
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Contrarian Expatriate »

Positive development. Young boys will see this and decide marriage is not for them.
S_Parc
Veteran Poster

Post by S_Parc »

Wow, for a man not named Steven Spielberg nor George Lucas, Gibson's done quite well for himself, as an actor/director/producer.

What a shame, all that flush away 'cause of a b*tch.
Raja
Freshman Poster

Post by Raja »

That is basic California law. Put in 10 years you get half. Kobe's wife just held on for 10 years while he played and now she will get half of his Laker and Nike money.
Free
Freshman Poster

Post by Free »

Crap! Is that for real!!!! $425 million for doing nothing except being a woman in the Western world????? Oh wait she raised the kids. Isn't that part of the requirement though. Highly doubt she helped allow Mel to make all those millions. Oh but wait she was there to help service and support so that he could in turn make those millions. I see so she did contribute to the millions. I get it.

Imagine though that's a ton of cash!

Another lesson learned.
"Give me liberty or give me death" - Patrick Henry
cadams84
Freshman Poster

Post by cadams84 »

The part that hurts is she got 50% of his current wealth and 50% of his future earnings? Did I read that shit right?
Free
Freshman Poster

Post by Free »

50% of his future earnings too???? That's just outright wrong! It keeps getting worse.
"Give me liberty or give me death" - Patrick Henry
cadams84
Freshman Poster

Post by cadams84 »

Free wrote:50% of his future earnings too???? That's just outright wrong! It keeps getting worse.
Well, I didn't read it exactly right....
People also reports that Moore, a former dental nurse, is entitled to half of any film residuals Gibson receives for the rest of his life.
As for film residuals, Robyn is entitled to half of every future check Gibson receives for the rest of his life.
What are residuals?
Residuals are compensation paid to performers for use of a motion picture or television program after its initial use. For TV work, residuals begin once a show starts re-airing or is released to video/DVD, pay television, broadcast TV or basic cable. For film work, residuals begin once the movie appears on video/DVD, basic cable and free or pay television.
Giving her a check every time they play one of his movies on TV on top of the 425 million seems a bit extreme to me... Also, I read that the 850 million was from 2006 before he released Apocalypto which they say he also made a ton of money from so he was probably worth closer to 1 bil.
S_Parc
Veteran Poster

Post by S_Parc »

Let Mel's story be a warning to all those, who advocate being married (yes, some of you are on this board) or one will be lonely in one's 50s/60s.

You folks really need to learn how to 'be alone' and be content before you consider marriage, esp in today's world.

Honestly, I don't recommend marriage, unless you're fully re-located to your host country.

Of course, if you're 21/22 and married to one of the best ~5% US or Canadian women, then you're obviously not reading this. I suspect that most of you are not a part of that group.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Is this that Russian woman that he chewed out on the phone, or another woman?

Why didn't the court just give her 1 million? No one needs more than that.

Why didn't Mel hire a better lawyer with all his money?
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
cadams84
Freshman Poster

Post by cadams84 »

Winston wrote:Is this that Russian woman that he chewed out on the phone, or another woman?

This was the woman he was married to almost 30 years before he met the Russian woman. He had to give the Russian woman $750,000. (I think)
leavingusa
Freshman Poster

Post by leavingusa »

Winston wrote:Is this that Russian woman that he chewed out on the phone, or another woman?

Or a slap in the face and cab fare.

She can afford the same lawyers, plus she has the vajayjay. It's like a rock, paper, scissors thing.

Also she deserves that money because she helped Mel out by managing the nannies and housekeepers which in turn made him rich. He could not have made any money without those things. /sarcasm :)
tom
Junior Poster

Post by tom »

Professor Jesus has some thoughts on this
http://drjesussaveslives.blogspot.com/2 ... an-to.html
leavingusa
Freshman Poster

Post by leavingusa »

tom wrote:Professor Jesus has some thoughts on this
http://drjesussaveslives.blogspot.com/2 ... an-to.html
Damn, Professor Jesus blew the lid off of nookie.