I Have Confession(s) to Make

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
Fenix
Junior Poster

Post by Fenix »

Winston wrote:Wow I thought I was the only one here who admitted his insecurities and doubts. Congrats on your honesty Phoenix.

Technically, you have nothing to worry about though. There are racist people in every country, but there are always certain segments of women there who have a fetish for black guys. That's even true in America.

Several black guys I met in Angeles City told me they did great there, but I didn't know them well enough to know how sincere they were though. A lot of guys there are big talkers with big egos, so you never know.

Taiwanese girls are flaky. That's why the one you talked to online just disappeared. That happened to me too. Lots of guys in Taiwan, even young tall handsome Taiwanese guys, told me that they had the same problem with girls suddenly flaking out on them. I guess the narcissistic superficial American culture got to the girls there, it seems. Very unfortunate. But China is still relatively untainted by Western culture.

When I was in Baguio, Philippines, at the mall there I saw this tall hot Korean girl with a black guy. I was stunned. I wish I could have taken a photo to show you guys. lol

Phoenix, you are a good writer. Why don't you start a blog and put ads on it to monetize it? You can easily start one on Blogger or Wordpress for free.

Like I said in another thread, why don't you forget about all those surgeries you wanted to get, and just save up some money for a plane ticket first? Those surgeries are expensive in the US. You can get them done in Europe for cheaper, or Canada maybe. Just get a temp job through Kelly Services, Express Personnel or Manpower. They have plenty of temp jobs available. Or look for more freelance projects online at all those links I posted in that other thread. Just save up $2000 and you're set to go. You could even do a minimum wage job and save up that amount in two months. Just go live with your parents or relatives while you're doing it. Then you're set to go and be "happier abroad". Once abroad, you can teach English or something. You can also work as an editor for overseas newspapers or magazines in English.

Btw, do employers in the US still discriminate against black people, even in the liberal modern America? Or is that a thing of the past?

Best wishes to you Phoenix.
Winston, thank you for the kind message and the compliments. Since we are being honest, I will like to tell you why I haven't left America. I could have left in 2010, but I made some mistakes. I was breaking up with my Mexican girlfriend and she went to Spain and had a job there. Like a dumb ass, I didn't want to move there. I helped her out with her shit. I never had problems with her. Best girlfriend I ever had. Cooked, cleaned, f***ed me well, f***ed me whenever I wanted, etc. I just didn't want to go to Spain. I regret a lot of things about my decisions.

Surgeries:
I am going to hold off on the laser hair removal. I have been shaving my head since I was 17 (2001) and it is not really a hassle, so I can hold off on this. I do want LASIK and a vasectomy. These two things must happen. I love wearing contacts, but you can only wear them for so many hours.

Blogging:
I have about 300 blogs over the years that I wrote online on my hard drive. It is not like I can't write everyday. I don't want to juggle the blog and the freelance job all at once. I may move up a level with my current writing job and I won't have much time to blog because moving up a level requires me to do more writing. I am planning on writing novels in eBook format in the future too. I just need to get a better writing job that pays good wages, so I can have time. I can write 5 blogs a day and not even sweat, but writing is too time consuming. I wish I could do it all.

Employment:
I had a hard time working brick and mortar jobs. I only had 2 brick and mortar jobs and they were both temporary. I went to vocational school and from there on, I was unemployed for years. I would still be in Tucson, AZ if I didn't find this Australian girl's blog about freelance writing in 2009. She saved my life and I told her that too. I don't see any discrimination as far as race, but don't laugh...I see experience discrimination. Okay, I don't have any experience because I can't get a job. No one will hire me. The kicker is: You need a job to gain experience, but you can't get a job without experience. f***ing catch 22s!

2013:
This is my time frame to leave America (if I am lucky). I just want to save a lot of money. I am a paranoid person and I am very cautious. I don't want any "What ifs." I just have to job hunt a lot more aggressive this year than ever before. I am just about done with this country.

To all of the other men that have commented on this thread:
Thank you! I am not worried about this shit anymore. I know who I am and I know what I want. I know I can succeed anywhere in the world because I have advantages that many people don't have. I am making a new thread about this decision I made. All of you have really made me inspired. I like to write out my problems sometimes and it is nice to get some encouraging comments. I am just frustrated with my current state (job mostly). I wish I had a million dollars, so I can do my personal shit and just get on a plane and dip out.

I hope all the men that are active on this forum can change their lives in 2012-2013. I am ready to be happier abroad (for real). I am pretty much at the finish line in America. I have seen it all. There is nothing else I see happening here.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

NorthAmericanguy
Veteran Poster

Post by NorthAmericanguy »

Phoenix Sosa wrote:. I do want LASIK

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Don't do it! I too wear contacts, and at one time I wanted LASIK, but I did the research on LASIK and it's a VERY dangerous procedure. Hell, I know a buddy of mine who got LASIK and now he has constant dry eye, so every few hours he has to use eye drops (the links will explain dry eye).

I don't even know where to start so I'm just going to post links. But what I will say is that any damage that is done to your eyes during and after the procedure CANT BE FIXED!

http://www.lasikdisaster.com/

http://www.lasikcomplications.com/dont_ ... rom_MD.htm

http://www.lasik-flap.com/forum/viewfor ... 32ef35a7e7

(videos)
http://www.youtube.com/user/ComplicacionesLASIK/videos

More info:

"This topic is really pissing me off.
Why would you even think about having LASIK? This is a forum for people suffering from a terrible floater disease. Most people are happy if they have decent functioning eyes possibly corrected by contacs and/or glassese.

If you only investigated this a little you should understand that LASIK is a big moneymaker for lasik clinics and very risky. Many of those LASIK surgeons psychopaths only care about the money and not about the patient. If you have complications they will lie to you about it and probably telling you that you're the first bad outcome ever.

*There is a reason why almost all Lasik surgeons are still wearing their glasses. They know it's a very risky surgery.

*Even if the surgery is succesful you will still need reading glasses later in life.

*After a couple of years you probably need glasses again or another surgery which make complications problems much more likely after multiple surgeries. And because your cornea has change it's shape (flatten out) and your eyes are probably much dryer you cannot tolerate contacts any longer.

*Many complications are possible such as Halo's/ double,triple vision/ghosting/chronic dry eyes/floaters/corneal transplants etc...
EVEN IF YOUR SURGERY WAS SUCCESFUL you can still have one or more of those complications.

Just don't do it.

Personal stories:

http://visionsurgeryrehab...orums/a/frm/f/6541031211
http://www.lasikmemorial.com/Home.htm#
http://lifeafterlasik.com/mypersonalstory.htm

I'm sure there is much much more out there.
Lasik should be banned it's just not safe but it's a too big money maker so it's still there.

There are thousands of sad stories out there.
I just found the "funniest one" so far and i'll quote it:

"Kudos for the people that claim LASIK was the best money they ever spent. LASIK was the worst money I ever spent.

Of all the other issues I have experienced: Halos, Glare, Starbursts(even in daylight), dry eye, and horrific headaches. NOW I have the pleasure of FLOATERS! I just love the feeling of living in a fish tank with amoeba swimming around.

http://www.usaeyes.org/as...topic.php?f=2&t=2363

Will the floaters EVER go away? AM I doomed forever?!? It is like something new happens every week.

My LASIK was done on March 26, 2010. The day I threw my eye sight away.

Sorry for the rant I am having a bad week with my wonderful new LASIK eyes. I go to the doctor for my 6 week checkup tomorrow. Maybe I should just let him have it!""

http://floatertalk.yuku.com/topic/4375/ ... wTlGzVSRqM
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Phoenix,
Instead of moving abroad for now, why don't you just take a 2 or 3 week vacation first? Even a frugal backpacking trip to Europe? You can stay at $20 hostels or use CouchSurfing.com to get free accommodation, if you are on a budget.

That way, you'll get the stress and frustration out of your system first, so you can go back and relax better while you work on moving abroad? And that way, you will have some real foreign travel experience under your belt too.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Phoenix Sosa:
"Blogging:
I have about 300 blogs over the years that I wrote online on my hard drive. It is not like I can't write everyday. I don't want to juggle the blog and the freelance job all at once. I may move up a level with my current writing job and I won't have much time to blog because moving up a level requires me to do more writing. I am planning on writing novels in eBook format in the future too. I just need to get a better writing job that pays good wages, so I can have time. I can write 5 blogs a day and not even sweat, but writing is too time consuming. I wish I could do it all. "

So you have those 300 blogs archived on your hard drive? Then it should be easy for you to re-upload them on Blogger or Wordpress right? Did you use that format to start with? When you archive them in xml format, you can always reupload them. Why did you take them down?

Maybe you can make use of that content, by uploading it all into one new blog, put ads on it, and make some money?

Have you looked at sites like this: http://www.essaybay.com

Lonely Planet often hires travel writers too. See their jobs page at: http://www.lonelyplanet.com

Can't you go to a local employment agency like Kelly Services or Manpower? They always have temporary office jobs or maybe other stuff, like security guard fill in positions, etc.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Fenix
Junior Poster

Post by Fenix »

Winston wrote:Phoenix Sosa:
"Blogging:
I have about 300 blogs over the years that I wrote online on my hard drive. It is not like I can't write everyday. I don't want to juggle the blog and the freelance job all at once. I may move up a level with my current writing job and I won't have much time to blog because moving up a level requires me to do more writing. I am planning on writing novels in eBook format in the future too. I just need to get a better writing job that pays good wages, so I can have time. I can write 5 blogs a day and not even sweat, but writing is too time consuming. I wish I could do it all. "

So you have those 300 blogs archived on your hard drive? Then it should be easy for you to re-upload them on Blogger or Wordpress right? Did you use that format to start with? When you archive them in xml format, you can always reupload them. Why did you take them down?

Maybe you can make use of that content, by uploading it all into one new blog, put ads on it, and make some money?

Have you looked at sites like this: http://www.essaybay.com

Lonely Planet often hires travel writers too. See their jobs page at: http://www.lonelyplanet.com

Can't you go to a local employment agency like Kelly Services or Manpower? They always have temporary office jobs or maybe other stuff, like security guard fill in positions, etc.

I just don't think I would make any money writing about shit like a real blog. I write about a lot of things like personal things and things I hate. When I blog, it is like a diary. People have a niche like knitting or making money online. I just write what's on my mind. In addition, I write flash fiction and poems and I posted them on my blog too when I had one on MySpace. I don't have the confidence that someone would read my blog. I also curse a lot and I am very honest and opinionated. I don't have the money right now to get a Wordpress.org blog and I heard Blogger can close your account for anything.

Some guy writes about being homeless and he says he makes $2 a day from Adsense, but I am skeptical about that.

Freelance writing is better for me. I will find another job. I always had a hard time finding real jobs. There are no temp agencies here. I don't live in Phoenix anymore. I am not much of a travel writer either. I am going to focus on my real talents.