Insider Exposes Secret Agenda to Dumb Down America

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
Mr S
Veteran Poster

Insider Exposes Secret Agenda to Dumb Down America

Post by Mr S »

"The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." Marcus Aurelius, Roman Emperor and stoic philosopher, 121-180 A.D.
momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by momopi »

The academic standards have degraded over the years as public schools are forced to lower the bar and accept students of any (or lack of) skill and intellect. Public schools became day-care centers and diploma mills. In my HS school district the admins were forced to use creative solutions and establish an all-GATE school from 7-12 (Whitney in Cerritos) to maintain academic standards:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Whitney_Hi ... ifornia%29

Personally, I think if America is supposed to inherit Western Civilization, then we should make study of the classics (Greek/Roman literature), and the classical languages of Greek and Latin mandatory. Instead of bitching over Spanish and Ebonics, we should adopt Greek and Latin as second languages to English. Once, the colleges in America had high academic standards and required students to demonstrate their knowledge in the classical languages before being admitted, because they knew the monolingual mind is small and narrow. We've dropped off a long way since.

I'd like to see classical studies re-introduced to American secondary schools, and made a requirement to enter academic universities. We also need to take a more realistic view on people's abilities and not force everyone down the academic/university path. Some people are simply better off in trade school to become a professional craftsman. Society needs both academics and skilled tradesman/craftsman. Pencil pushers cannot build houses, you need good carpenters to build a strong house. I've visited a few model homes built by KB Homes this year, and frankly it was an embarrassment to the carpenter trade.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Ladislav,
You should take note of those videos, since you said that there was no conspiracy to dumb down America. The second video above is from:
Charlotte Iserbyt served as Senior Policy Advisor in the Office of Educational Research and Improvement (OERI), U.S. Department of Education, during the first Reagan Administration, where she first blew the whistle on a major technology initiative which would control curriculum in America's classrooms.
That means she's an insider who had access to high places, and who had knowledge of the deliberate intentional dumbing down of America. This whistleblower in fact wrote a book about it too. You can download her free ebook from this site:

http://www.deliberatedumbingdown.com

So you see, that's EVIDENCE of a plot to dumb down America, from the highest levels, from an insider. You can't say there's no evidence and that it's only pure speculation now.

Momopi, it appears again that you didn't follow the links posted in this thread, for your post didn't take into account that a high level Washington insider testified to the existence of an intentional agenda to dumb down America.

Instead, you just threw in your own conjecture about it.

It would be more logical for you to look at the links and info posted first, then comment on the evidence presented. Why are you not open to information that's outside your box? Is it cause your programming is designed to only accept what is inside the box and filter out everything outside of it? Is such a filter good for a truth seeker?
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Here is another interview by Charlotte Iserbyt where she talks about conspiracies, the facade of the political system, and deeper events. It's very interesting.

Last edited by Winston on January 9th, 2012, 3:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Adama »

Dumb sheep are more easily led to slaughter. The dumbing down isnt by accident or coincidence. It is intentionally to make people weak and blind to what is really going on and as to the source of real oppression.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Here is an interview with Charlotte Iserbyt on the Alex Jones show. I'm listening to it right now and wow she is a very passionate speaker. I don't think she would be this passionate if she wasn't telling the truth about what she knows.

Part 1 of 4

Alex welcomes back to the show, Charlotte Thomson Iserbyt, former Senior Policy Advisor in the Office of Educational Research and Improvement in the U.S. Department of Education under Reagan and author of the Deliberate Dumbing Down of America.
Momopi, you especially should listen to this one, if you care about the truth.
Last edited by Winston on January 9th, 2012, 3:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by momopi »

In her perfect world, every student responds to her educational ideals, and teachers don't need to use behavioral psychology to maintain a positive learning environment in a classroom of 30-40 kids. See this article for example of her mentality:

http://newswithviews.com/iserbyt/iserbyt30.htm

I simply disagree with her conclusions. I think education that change the student's thoughts, actions, feelings, and challenge their fixed/existing beliefs is not necessarily BAD or COMMUNIST, if you're using it to teach the virtues of gravitas, pietas, dignitas, and iustitia. I don't have an issue with government/state-imposed educational standards, but I do have an issue with the curriculum. If we're supposed to be a Republic, then teach our kids the works of Marcus Tullius Cicero.

A teacher is not simply someone who teaches the subject. He or she is also an orator who speaks with the power of persuasion. To the unwilling pupil, to speak in order to manipulate the student's opinions and feelings toward preferable behavior. The bottom line is that not everyone responds to logic/reason (look around you in PH), and as a teacher you must find other ways.

If we employed Iserbyt's idealistic education methods, she'd probably expel any misfits.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Charlotte Thompson Iserbyt served as the head of policy at the Department of Education during the first administration of Ronald Reagan. While working there she discovered a long term strategic plan by the tax exempt foundations to transform America from a nation of rugged individualists and problem solvers to a country of servile, brainwashed minions who simply regurgitate whatever they're told.

Part one of our exclusive interview with Iserbyt breaks down how conditioning/training under a corporate agenda has replaced traditional education, leading to a deliberate dumbing down of Americans. Iserbyt further explains how Reagan signed agreements merging the U.S. and Soviet systems under the United Nations banner, turning over education and many other areas of public policy to global control.

This 74 minute exposé is a must see for anyone who wants to truly know why the education system is deliberately crafted to produce human drones with no critical thinking whose only skills are to be subservient, trust authority and follow orders.

Visit Iserbyt's website at http://www.deliberatedumbingdown.com/

Time Out Productions presents Charlotte Iserbyt and a look at secret societies and their history in the United States.

Her father and grandfather we members of the infamous Skull & Bones Society at Yale University in New Haven, Connecticut.

Charlotte Iserbyt is the consummate whistleblower! Iserbyt served as Senior Policy Advisor in the Office of Educational Research and Improvement (OERI), U.S. Department of Education, during the first Reagan Administration, where she first blew the whistle on a major technology initiative which would control curriculum in America's classrooms. Iserbyt is a former school board director in Camden, Maine and was co-founder and research analyst of Guardians of Education for Maine (GEM) from 1978 to 2000.

She has also served in the American Red Cross on Guam and Japan during the Korean War, and in the United States Foreign Service in Belgium and in the Republic of South Africa. Iserbyt is a speaker and writer, best known for her 1985 booklet Back to Basics Reform or OBE: Skinnerian International Curriculum and her 1989 pamphlet Soviets in the Classroom: America's Latest Education Fad which covered the details of the U.S.-Soviet and Carnegie-Soviet Education Agreements which remain in effect to this day. She is a freelance writer and has had articles published in Human Events, The Washington Times, The Bangor Daily News, and included in the record of Congressional hearings.

navigator
Freshman Poster

Post by navigator »

Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

-----
Last edited by Ghost on October 27th, 2016, 10:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NorthAmericanguy
Veteran Poster

Post by NorthAmericanguy »

Ghost wrote:You guys should look up John Taylor Gatto, a former government school teacher who taught for years before realizing what schooling is truly done for. School is for controlling the population, and getting them while they are young to make them slaves for life, to condition them for life after breaking their spirits. Forced schooling is harmful to a human being's mind and spirit. School itself as an idea is fine; it's forcing it down the throats of those who don't want it where the problem lies.

And I taught a little, so I saw the waste, the control, the harm from that perspective. It sickened me profoundly. The government control of education needs to be abolished...

John Taylor Gatto has done more research then anybody else I know on this subject. He takes you all the way back to Prussia, and how they were the ones who really started mass education and used it to control the people.

You can read one of his books for free online at his website: http://www.johntaylorgatto.com/underground/index.htm
NorthAmericanguy
Veteran Poster

billy wrote: And that is not a
easy task as it is a dead language.
That's interesting isn't it, a dead language. Just think, at one time thousands of people were speaking Egyptian (I can't spell the real name for it) then as those people died off, from what I understand, it went to the Coptic language, and now, people around that area speak Arabic.

I wish I could hear what some dead languages sound like, though I'm grateful to be able to see what they were reading.

navigator
Freshman Poster

Post by navigator »

Why Nerds Are Unpopular

Written by a former high school nerd, this essay brilliantly analyzes the pitfalls of suburbia, post-industrial society, and America's flawed educational system.

"If I could go back and give my thirteen year old self some advice, the main thing I'd tell him would be to stick his head up and look around. I didn't really grasp it at the time, but the whole world we lived in was as fake as a Twinkie. Not just school, but the entire town. Why do people move to suburbia? To have kids! So no wonder it seemed boring and sterile. The whole place was a giant nursery, an artificial town created explicitly for the purpose of breeding children.

Where I grew up, it felt as if there was nowhere to go, and nothing to do. This was no accident. Suburbs are deliberately designed to exclude the outside world, because it contains things that could endanger children.

And as for the schools, they were just holding pens within this fake world. Officially the purpose of schools is to teach kids. In fact their primary purpose is to keep kids locked up in one place for a big chunk of the day so adults can get things done.

What bothers me is not that the kids are kept in prisons, but that (a) they aren't told about it, and (b) the prisons are run mostly by the inmates."
NorthAmericanguy
Veteran Poster

^^That was a very good read Navigator!

In particular, I completely agree with this part:

"Teenage kids used to have a more active role in society. In pre-industrial times, they were all apprentices of one sort or another, whether in shops or on farms or even on warships. They weren't left to create their own societies. They were junior members of adult societies.

Teenagers seem to have respected adults more then, because the adults were the visible experts in the skills they were trying to learn.
Now most kids have little idea what their parents do in their distant offices, and see no connection (indeed, there is precious little) between schoolwork and the work they'll do as adults
."

In fact, I was just telling this to another person the other day about how young people now spend the first 30 years of their life in school, and after graduating collage (or grad school), they spend the next 30-40 years confined to a unfulfilling job to pay off their home, student loans and credit card bills.

This is all so unnecessary, time consuming, and unproductive with the only entities benefiting from all this is the banks, the 'educational' institutions and the companies that all these people sign their lives away to work for.
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

Good points by all.
"Well actually, she's not REALLY my daughter. But she does like to call me Daddy... at certain moments..."