Not Enough Women in the US - Myth or Reality?

Discuss dating, relationships and foreign women.
Someone
Freshman Poster

Not Enough Women in the US - Myth or Reality?

Post by Someone »

I would appreciate some thoughts and comments from experienced members on the following.

I live on the East Coast of the US (Baltimore/DC area), 31 yrs old. Lately, when I browse my friends on Facebook or go out to public places such as bars and nightclubs, I get the distinct feeling that there are not enough women. I thought it was just me, but my friends have corroborated this finding -- a shortage of women seems to have recently hit this country. I've taken some photos of different local bars and clubs and counted the ratio, and it's consistently 2 men for every 1 woman right now, at least where I live. This area (especially Washington DC/East coast) was supposed to have lots of women, according to various demographic studies I've read, yet recently, the situation in the local nightlife venues has been terrible, so much so that I've stopped going out at all. I've made trips to NYC and, bizarrely, the same thing seems to be going on in the clubs/bars over there too.

On Facebook, the entire local community seems to be focused on 10 (count them on both hands, 10) girls who are constantly buffeted by hundreds and hundreds of men of all ages and races, who attempt to flirt these girls and add them as friends. The girls are spoiled by all the attention and have an arrogant online demeanor. Another thing I've noticed (and this is recent, i.e. this only started 1-2 years ago), the girls are distinctly not interested in relationships or marriage, they are focused on having fun and partying (e.g., popping bottles in clubs provided by "sponsors"). A bad sex ratio is one thing, but the lack of interest on the part of these girls to form serious relationships is new, I don't remember that happening before.

On the whole, there seems to be some kind of demographic "squeeze" on the men currently going on in the US, where the men vastly outnumber the women and their dating prospects are grim. I have a bunch of friends and acquaintances who are in exactly the same boat as me, we're successful and eligible young bachelors, we have good jobs and are ready to settle down, but there are simply no available women to go around right now, absolutely none.

Does anyone know what's going on? In the early 2000s, I don't remember it being this bad, the situation was always kind of rough for males in the US but it wasn't nearly as bad as now, there were some opportunities back then. I've been searching for answers but can't find any. I know that the outlook for men improves after 35-40 yrs old, but I have a feeling it's not going to imrpove even then, because there's no shortage of single and frustrated older bachelors even in their 40s here where I live. Something has changed and there's no light on the horizon. Can anyone share any advice, wisdom, or experience regarding this? Thanks in advance.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

OutWest
Veteran Poster

Re: Not Enough Women in the US - Myth or Reality?

Post by OutWest »

Someone wrote:I would appreciate some thoughts and comments from experienced members on the following.

I live on the East Coast of the US (Baltimore/DC area), 31 yrs old. Lately, when I browse my friends on Facebook or go out to public places such as bars and nightclubs, I get the distinct feeling that there are not enough women. I thought it was just me, but my friends have corroborated this finding -- a shortage of women seems to have recently hit this country. I've taken some photos of different local bars and clubs and counted the ratio, and it's consistently 2 men for every 1 woman right now, at least where I live. This area (especially Washington DC/East coast) was supposed to have lots of women, according to various demographic studies I've read, yet recently, the situation in the local nightlife venues has been terrible, so much so that I've stopped going out at all. I've made trips to NYC and, bizarrely, the same thing seems to be going on in the clubs/bars over there too.

On Facebook, the entire local community seems to be focused on 10 (count them on both hands, 10) girls who are constantly buffeted by hundreds and hundreds of men of all ages and races, who attempt to flirt these girls and add them as friends. The girls are spoiled by all the attention and have an arrogant online demeanor. Another thing I've noticed (and this is recent, i.e. this only started 1-2 years ago), the girls are distinctly not interested in relationships or marriage, they are focused on having fun and partying (e.g., popping bottles in clubs provided by "sponsors"). A bad sex ratio is one thing, but the lack of interest on the part of these girls to form serious relationships is new, I don't remember that happening before.

On the whole, there seems to be some kind of demographic "squeeze" on the men currently going on in the US, where the men vastly outnumber the women and their dating prospects are grim. I have a bunch of friends and acquaintances who are in exactly the same boat as me, we're successful and eligible young bachelors, we have good jobs and are ready to settle down, but there are simply no available women to go around right now, absolutely none.

Does anyone know what's going on? In the early 2000s, I don't remember it being this bad, the situation was always kind of rough for males in the US but it wasn't nearly as bad as now, there were some opportunities back then. I've been searching for answers but can't find any. I know that the outlook for men improves after 35-40 yrs old, but I have a feeling it's not going to imrpove even then, because there's no shortage of single and frustrated older bachelors even in their 40s here where I live. Something has changed and there's no light on the horizon. Can anyone share any advice, wisdom, or experience regarding this? Thanks in advance.

After what you describe above, (As if bars and nightclubs are good places to meet a potential mate! Huh?) you seem to think that the problem is
that there are simply not enough of them? As if having more of these skanks would fix the problem? Really, you need to get out more...first stop if you don't have one already. is the passport window at the post office.

Outwest
Mindnanao, Philippines
Someone
Freshman Poster

Post by Someone »

I gave nightclubs as an example of a general trend. For the record, several years ago clubs in the US were viable places to meet women because the ratio of single people was acceptable. Maybe some were skanks, but there were also normal girls willing to give out numbers.
onezero4u
Freshman Poster

Post by onezero4u »

i wouldnt recommend EVER settling down in this divorce and screw over the guy legal culture...

if you must get married, do it overseas with a non western woman and dont ever take her to the states or england and dont ever let her watch reality tv or desperate housewives etc...

better to not ever get married.
marriage is a 3 ring circus: engagement ring, wedding ring and then suffering.
Someone
Freshman Poster

Post by Someone »

As far as marriage, it's the guys, not the women, who at the moment seem to want it. For those who've been out of the loop, the roles have flipped recently. There's been a slew of articles in the media about women currently preferring to keep their independence, with men more concerned about marriage and commitment.

1) http://yourlife.usatoday.com/sex-relati ... 43219110/1

2) http://www.time.com/time/magazine/artic ... 35,00.html

The idea that women are pushing men to get married is a little dated right now.
have2fly
Junior Poster

Post by have2fly »

I absolutely agree! Going out makes me sick! I live down south and I used to live up North - it is the same crap! Every time you go out, there is about 70% guys and 30% girls. Those girls have so much attention, they don't even know what to do! Decent guys decide not to even try talking to women because there are tons of loud obnoxious douchebags and simple "nerds" trying to snatch even fat ugly bitches.

Then there are cock-blocking female "friends" that snatch girls away. Then there is that "party ADD attitude" where girls can't just sit down and have a quiet conversation, they have to hop around, talk to 300 people at once and yell stupid shit.

Meeting people in America is a huge problem as everyone drives cars and talking anywhere in public is taboo!

The problem is: there is no trust! Why don't women talk to men? They are completely certain everyone around them is a psycho! Well, that creates even more psychos because so many people go NUTZ being lonely!

Overall I agree, going out is totally useless in America! You have to jump out of yourself to make an impression on some bitch covered with tattoos and working at local Burger King? Even expensive clubs are no better!

I just stopped by a local sports bar to pick up some food. Of course, it is filled with branwashed idiots "watching THE GAME" tonight. In reality, people are sitting around bored not even looking at the TV. There were many girls at the bar, but the ratio again was 70% guys to 30% girls! I could talk to them, but I am sure there no single ones out there - they most likely all came up with their boyfriends and "wanna be" boyfriends.

Lack of single women is due to the same issue: "it is taboo to go out by yourself in America, people will think you are a loser". Same goes for American women! Are you often seeing single women just sitting at the bars or clubs in America? Almost NEVER! And if there is a single woman sitting somewhere, she is being hit on ALL THE TIME!

I've noticed ratio problem in America long time ago, since I arrived to this country.
Banano
Veteran Poster

Post by Banano »

I can say that clubs down under are the same, you get 70-30 ratio, sausage feast. Now try to apply that 80/20 rule:)

I like this line
You have to jump out of yourself to make an impression on some bitch covered with tattoos and working at local Burger King?

Its so true and its sad at the same time.

Just came back from pattaya last week, met russian chik throug couchsurfing, shetold me how she used to get depressed when she goes out to nightclubs in Russia as ratio is 80% gals and 20% guys....

dont know how things got so f***ed up in the West,
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by zboy1 »

Someone wrote:I would appreciate some thoughts and comments from experienced members on the following.

I think more and more women are simply opting out of the boyfriend hunt and want to be totally independent from men. That is the only possible reason I can think of?
Banano
Veteran Poster

Post by Banano »

Think abt it, not womens fault really, when you got 70-30 ratio you know that whoever is in that 70 will have tough time finding partner of his or her level. Being part of 70% cheapens you dramatically and women are only interested in the best. Dont think Russian or any othe women are angels, they are all the same, they just happen to be in enviroment where that outnumber avail men so they cant afford to be bitches and picky. Bring em to anglo country and you ll see what happens, also take anglo to russia and she will eventually become softer, feminine etc as that will be her only way of getting man..
Banano
Veteran Poster

Post by Banano »

Someone
Freshman Poster

Post by Someone »

Banano, you're in Australia? I've read reports that the ratios are good in Australia.

Your own compatriot Bernard Salt has written a book called "Man Drought" where he writes, I quote,

"In 1976 the number of men aged 30-something outnumbered women in the same age group by 54,000. Thirty years later and the numbers have shifted. The number of women aged 30-something in Australia now outnumber the men in this age group by 9000... This shift in Australia's gender ratio opened up in the 1990s... It was the case that migrant families were more likely to send the boys out to the colonies rather than girls... today the situation is different. Perhaps it's the internationalization of the labour market; Australia's best and brightest are attracted offshore... and whereas both men and women leave, it is women who are more likely to return."

He says ther's a man drought in Australia. The book was written in 2008, pretty recently.
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

Here is some interesting information I came across on the internet regarding single men and women in the US ages 25 to 40. Here are a list of cities in the USA with the percentage of single white men, never married ages 25 to 40. As you can see, no city has more single women than men! This list is for people ages 25 to 40, white and never married. These are some pretty scary statistics if your a man in America, there truely is a woman shortage in the US!

Atlanta - 55.0% men
Baltimore - 55.5% men
BOSTON - 52.4% men
Charlotte - 56.2% men
Chicago - 55.2% men
Cincinnati - 54.2% men
Cleveland - 54.9% men
Columbus - 54.5% men
Dallas - 55.3% men
Denver - 56.0% men
Detroit - 55.9% men
Houston - 54.2% men
Indianapolis - 53.1% men
Jacksonville - 54.0% men
Kansas City - 54.1% men
Las Vegas - 57.9% men
Los Angeles - 56.4% men
Memphis - 55.8% men
Miami - 59.1% men (Fort Lauderdale 55.8% men)
Milwaukee - 55.2% men
Minneapolis - 53.1% men
Nashville - 53.0% men
New Orleans - 55.0% men
New York - 54.4% men
Norfolk - 57.1% men
Orlando - 57.7% men
Philadelphia - 54.6% men
Phoenix - 55.3% men
Pittsburgh - 54.1% men
Portland - 53.7% men
Raleigh - 55.8% men
SACRAMENTO - 52.0% men
St. Louis - 54.6% men
Salt Lake City - 56.5% men
San Antonio - 53.0% men
San Diego - 57.3% men
San Francisco - 55.3% men
San Jose - 59.0% men
Seattle - 56.2% men
Tampa - 54.3% men
Washington DC- 53.8% men
"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

Here is information breaking it down by age group for single men and single women ratios. This is a list for non-married whites in the US. Again, single men outnumber single women IN ALL AGE GROUPS. No wonder why it's so hard for men to meet women in America, THERE IS A REAL SHORTAGE OF SINGLE WOMEN IN THE USA!

You can check out more info on these male to female ratios here: http://www.halfsigma.com/malefemale_ratio/ On this site, scroll down the page to see all the figures for ratios, by city, state and age group.

ages 18-20, 52.1% unmarried men 4,048,871, 47.9% unmarried women 3,719,306

ages 21-24, 54.1% unmarried men 4,412,950, 45.9% unmarried women 3,747,934

ages 25-28, 55.4% unmarried men 3,073,705, 44.6% unmarried women 2,472,222

ages 29-32, 56.1% unmarried men 2,014,546, 43.9% unmarried women 1,574,294

ages 33-36, 55.0% unmarried men 1,836,492, 45.0% unmarried women 1,504,618

ages 37-40, 53.7% unmarried men 1,789,844, 46.3% unmarried women 1,544,026
"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."
DCX_10
Freshman Poster

Post by DCX_10 »

Myth. The female to male ratio for 15-65 is exactly 1 in the US.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_co ... _sex_ratio (I know you can't trust wiki, but the number is not far off.)

As for online dating, I think US men like adding females as friends to satisfy their ego. That why there is an appear of more men chasing women. It is different in other parts of the world. For bar/night clubs, men go there more often than women. It is as simple as that.

DCX_10
Freshman Poster

Post by DCX_10 »

Jamesbond, you have to remember that in a marriage, on average man is 3 years older than the woman. So for example, you really need to compare 29-32 male group to 25-28 female group. The overall ratio is 1:1 for people 15-64.
jamesbond wrote:Here is information breaking it down by age group for single men and single women ratios. This is a list for non-married whites in the US. Again, single men outnumber single women IN ALL AGE GROUPS. No wonder why it's so hard for men to meet women in America, THERE IS A REAL SHORTAGE OF SINGLE WOMEN IN THE USA!

You can check out more info on these male to female ratios here: http://www.halfsigma.com/malefemale_ratio/ On this site, scroll down the page to see all the figures for ratios, by city, state and age group.

ages 18-20, 52.1% unmarried men 4,048,871, 47.9% unmarried women 3,719,306

ages 21-24, 54.1% unmarried men 4,412,950, 45.9% unmarried women 3,747,934

ages 25-28, 55.4% unmarried men 3,073,705, 44.6% unmarried women 2,472,222

ages 29-32, 56.1% unmarried men 2,014,546, 43.9% unmarried women 1,574,294

ages 33-36, 55.0% unmarried men 1,836,492, 45.0% unmarried women 1,504,618

ages 37-40, 53.7% unmarried men 1,789,844, 46.3% unmarried women 1,544,026