Hello Everyone, from the Land of Smiles (Thailand)

Introduce yourself here and let us know who you are.
Forum rules
Welcome. If you are new here, please read the Forum Rules.
sheaman1
Freshman Poster

Hello Everyone, from the Land of Smiles (Thailand)

Post by sheaman1 »

I just wanted to introduce myself to everyone on the forum. I have enjoyed reading the posts by everyone and I am glad Winston has created a forum to discuss living and dating abroad. I having been traveling abroad for about ten years around the globe, but last year took the plunge and moved overseas to live in Thailand. I hope to add value to the community. You will hear from me on other threads in the future.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Welcome to the forum Sheaman. What does "the LOS" mean? We have many threads on Thailand here. You can find them in the FAQ threads link above, and share your input in them. Feel free to share your story too.

Winston
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

Hello sheaman1, glad you found our forum. How are things in Thailand?
"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."
FreeYourMind
Freshman Poster

Post by FreeYourMind »

LOS -- Thailand is known as the Land of Smiles.
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

FreeYourMind wrote:LOS -- Thailand is known as the Land of Smiles.
If that's true, than America is known as the "land of frowns." lol :P
"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

FreeYourMind wrote:LOS -- Thailand is known as the Land of Smiles.
Oh ok. I edited your thread title to make that clear, since not everyone will know what LOS means. lol
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Rock »

MarkW99 wrote:How expensive is Thailand? When I was there 20 years ago, I talked Americans living nicely on a Social Security check. Now I'm told you'd slowly starve on the same income now. Any cheap, lesser known areas? Hopefully ones near the ocean? Too much to ask? How much would I need to live there?
Try Ko Samet if u don't mind living on a small island close to mainland Thailand. I'm on my third day here now and this is the fourth trip here. It is relatively unspoiled, clean and has beautiful beaches close to all areas. Also gets the least rainfall of anywhere in Thailand. It mainly caters to tourists (both foreign and Thai) but there are a handful of westerners who live here at least several months a year with very low expense. This is a fantastic place to bring a girl too.
sheaman1
Freshman Poster

From the LOS (Land of Smiles)

Post by sheaman1 »

I have been here for about 8 months. The cost of living depends on where you live. If you live in a big city like Bangkok you will need at least 1,500.00 a month to live comfortably. If you live in the smaller cities it will take about a thousand dollars to live well and 500 hundred to live okay, but have no frills. Right now I am living in Chon Buri about 20 minutes from central Pattaya and I am able to live like a Thai. This place is nice if you are on vacation, but it will destroy any of your savings if you are into the "Bar and gogo club" scene. Right now it is still the high season and it is a "sellers market." The prices for food and the company of women is highly inflated in Pattaya right now and finding a non bar girl here to date is like trying to find a thin, open minded humble girl in the states. But I am starting to make my way though. I have met a lot of strange but cool folks here.
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Rock »

MarkW99 wrote:How expensive is Thailand? When I was there 20 years ago, I talked Americans living nicely on a Social Security check. Now I'm told you'd slowly starve on the same income now. Any cheap, lesser known areas? Hopefully ones near the ocean? Too much to ask? How much would I need to live there?
U could still live in central Bangkok OK on the following per month I think:

Rent + Utilities including cable and Internet: 15,000 - 35,000 Baht for studio or 1 bed
Food: 10,000 - 18,000 Baht
Transport: 3,000 - 6,000 Baht
Total for Basics: 28,000 - 59,000 Baht => US$933 - 1,966 @ 30 Baht / 1 US$

It's possible to squeeze basics down to a figure significantly lower than the minimum above if you are good at being super frugal, cutting corners, and going local when possible.

For entertainment, it can vary from virtually nothing to US$ thousands or more per month depending on your habits and needs. Sky is limit in Bangkok. There's always places and ways to spend money 24/7 and all types of spenders can find supply of services priced at their specific niche.
sheaman1
Freshman Poster

Post by sheaman1 »

You are so very right about when comes to spending on entertainment. The sky is the limit. And spending on women here will be the main reason a person will either have the time of his life or go broke and belly up if they are not careful.