Winston, How is your son?

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
Fenix
Junior Poster

Winston, How is your son?

Post by Fenix »

*Didn't want to post this in the questions to Winston thread. Other members may want to comment*

How is your son doing?

I have been thinking about this for the last few days. When Angelo gets older like around 10-14, what is your opinion on how he will feel about you? Are you going to be in his life more by then? What do you think about your son? You always say the word "freedom," but you don't really have freedom. When you do things in your life, does your son even come up in your thoughts? Do you think Angelo is going to be as intellectual as you are or like take on Dianne's genes? You never really talk about your son. I just wanted to know some of this stuff. Not trying to invade your personal space, but I just wanted to know your view on all of this. You can't have freedom if you have a son. Yes, you are a nomad, but he is always going to be in your life, so you can't just avoid him. He does exist.
odbo
Veteran Poster

Re: Winston, How is your son?

Post by odbo »

PhxSosa wrote:How is your son doing?
He's doing fine.

* violent image removed
smallcheese
Freshman Poster

Post by smallcheese »

Odbo, this is absolutely hilarious!!! You know what they say, "A picture is worth a thousand words". :o
Jeygonza
Freshman Poster

Post by Jeygonza »

I agree with phoenix. When i read winston posts i say: is he the only one here? In winston view children are the worst. Pobre niño, odiaría saber que para mi padre sólo soy una molestia. Alguien sin valor que no me interesa para nada.
Good judgment comes from experience, and experience comes from bad judgment.
Barry LePatner
smallcheese
Freshman Poster

Post by smallcheese »

smallcheese wrote:You know what they say, "A picture is worth a thousand words". :o
What's that I hear??? The maddening sound of the fast and furious clicks coming from the direction of Winston's keyboard? IC, it's his 1000+ word essay response. I think it's going to be .... wait for it! ..................... L E G E N D A R Y !!!!!! :D
odbo
Veteran Poster

Post by odbo »

smallcheese wrote:What's that I hear??? The maddening sound of the fast and furious clicks coming from the direction of Winston's keyboard? IC, it's his 1000+ word essay response. I think it's going to be .... wait for it! ..................... L E G E N D A R Y !!!!!! :D
You poor fool.. Winston already debunked the parenting process..

He mentioned how Bruce Lee (an actor, martial artist, philosopher who died at age 32) would still be considered a legend even if he were a terrible father.

Which is a bullet-proof argument and totally justifies Winston being not legendary AND a terrible father.

Let's also note that despite Bruce Lee being a globally recognized celebrity who travelled the globe filming movies and also worked out as much as 10 hours a day, he was also an excellent father who started teaching his son martial arts the moment he learned how to walk.

Again this totally justifies Winston Wu, an unemployed free-thinker being a father who masturbates in front of his son then disappears to another country for 6 months at a time. Because his fathering abilities will not be considered when people remember him.

Brilliant points as always Winston. Remember folks, anything that convinces us to sacrifice our time and money to cultivate a functional human being we helped birth is propaganda!

Repatriate
Veteran Poster

Post by Repatriate »

Heh. Nice pics as always Odbo. :lol: I never saw those old ones with him playing with his kid. That's great stuff.

It's hard to say how Winston's kid will handle this when he grows up. If Winston still treats him like this when he's capable of internalizing all the neglect at around age 5+ then he's going to end up real f***ed up. He's too young right now so Winston can get away with it for now. Besides the mom seems to be picking up the slack.
smallcheese
Freshman Poster

Post by smallcheese »

Odbo, you're right! I am a fool! I was just being facetious, comparing Winston to Barney from the U.S. TV comedy 'How I Met Your Mother' (if you've ever watched the show, you know that Barney is a PUA who's also a legend in his own mind).

Great pics of Bruce Lee and his son Brandon. Some of them I haven't seen before. Hopefully someday they will build a museum to honor his life and work. Unfortunately, Hong Kong has abandoned having a Bruce Lee museum in Hong Kong because of the douche bag owner of Bruce Lee's home in Kowloon. There is however, the Bruce Lee statue in Tsim Sha Tsui overlooking Hong Kong harbor. But there is the possibility of a museum being built in Seattle: http://blogs.wsj.com/chinarealtime/2011 ... hong-kong/

If that ever gets built, I'll definitely go there to visit!

As for what will happen as Winston's son grows up, only time will tell. But I know for a fact that some people can remember things dating back to when they were 3 years old. I'm not a religious person but I do believe in the concept of karma. What goes around comes around! (especially to ex-wives and ex-girlfriends :D )
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Rock »

Jeygonza wrote:I agree with phoenix. When i read winston posts i say: is he the only one here? In winston view children are the worst. Pobre niño, odiaría saber que para mi padre sólo soy una molestia. Alguien sin valor que no me interesa para nada.
Translation: I agree with Phoenix. When I read Wnston'st posts, I wonder, is he the only one here? In Winston's view, children are the worst. Poor kid. I would hate to know that to my father, I'm just a burden. A person with no values does not interest me at all.
Billy
Experienced Poster

Post by Billy »

What kind of friends are you? I am the only one who defends Winston?

Comparing Bruce to Winston is a no brainer. Bruce Lee had no surviving capabilities. So it was no surprise his son was also a failure and died young.

Winston on the other hand is truly free. People thought: Now, he did the mistake. He is trapped. No, you can´t stop Winston.

Bruce is a failure. Training 10 hours a day. Stupid guy. Did you know that he had german blood?
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Rock »

Repatriate wrote:Heh. Nice pics as always Odbo. :lol: I never saw those old ones with him playing with his kid. That's great stuff.

It's hard to say how Winston's kid will handle this when he grows up. If Winston still treats him like this when he's capable of internalizing all the neglect at around age 5+ then he's going to end up real f***ed up. He's too young right now so Winston can get away with it for now. Besides the mom seems to be picking up the slack.
I don't think Angelo sees Winston as anything more than a rival for Diane's attention. When he's there, he's more like someone in the background, not a father figure. I don't know if doing a U-turn when he the child reaches 5 or so will cut it. Angelo's feelings towards his father will probably always be confused at the very least.

Let's face it. A lot of kids are raised by single mothers in so many countries. Perhaps one of the endearing factors of areas like NE Asia is that the incidence is much lower. Ironic that Winston himself is of NE Asian ancestry.
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Rock »

odbo wrote:
smallcheese wrote:What's that I hear??? The maddening sound of the fast and furious clicks coming from the direction of Winston's keyboard? IC, it's his 1000+ word essay response. I think it's going to be .... wait for it! ..................... L E G E N D A R Y !!!!!! :D
You poor fool.. Winston already debunked the parenting process..

He mentioned how Bruce Lee (an actor, martial artist, philosopher who died at age 32) would still be considered a legend even if he were a terrible father.

Which is a bullet-proof argument and totally justifies Winston being not legendary AND a terrible father.

Let's also note that despite Bruce Lee being a globally recognized celebrity who travelled the globe filming movies and also worked out as much as 10 hours a day, he was also an excellent father who started teaching his son martial arts the moment he learned how to walk.

Again this totally justifies Winston Wu, an unemployed free-thinker being a father who masturbates in front of his son then disappears to another country for 6 months at a time. Because his fathering abilities will not be considered when people remember him.

Brilliant points as always Winston. Remember folks, anything that convinces us to sacrifice our time and money to cultivate a functional human being we helped birth is propaganda!
Take it easy Odbo. If you pawn him so badly with you first shot, he may just ignore this thread and pretend he never saw it. But if you start with a light jab, you can draw him into the discussion. Give him some room to argue back. Then after he gets going with his subjective excuses and fast and loose (il)logic, you can throw the killer punch and have him for lunch, lol.
Repatriate
Veteran Poster

Post by Repatriate »

Rock wrote:
Repatriate wrote:Heh. Nice pics as always Odbo. :lol: I never saw those old ones with him playing with his kid. That's great stuff.

I don't think Angelo sees Winston as anything more than a rival for Diane's attention. When he's there, he's more like someone in the background, not a father figure. I don't know if doing a U-turn when he the child reaches 5 or so will cut it. Angelo's feelings towards his father will probably always be confused at the very least.

Let's face it. A lot of kids are raised by single mothers in so many countries. Perhaps one of the endearing factors of areas like NE Asia is that the incidence is much lower. Ironic that Winston himself is of NE Asian ancestry.
It's not too late. I think having a Filipina raise his kid will end up badly to be honest. I've never seen a father have such selfish emotions concerning their own children though. Although, if Winston framed those selfish feelings in a good way (in terms of survival and self reliance) it could be good for his kid. Instead he's slapping him around and touching himself in front of the boy. That's, not good. Not good at all.

I feel sorry for the kid to be honest. The odds are against him at this point. Uncaring father and mother from a culture that breeds incompetence and failure.

Who knows though maybe the kid will be much stronger than either parent and be able to achieve amazing things. There are a lot of Chinese-Thais from shit backgrounds who have done great things. I imagine for Chinese-Filipinos it's similar. Nature vs Nurture though...
manly5000
Freshman Poster

Post by manly5000 »

Hey Winston -- you got a Filipina sister brah?

http://www.dateinasia.com/sophie_1008.html

S_Parc
Veteran Poster

Post by S_Parc »

Billy wrote:What kind of friends are you? I am the only one who defends Winston?

Comparing Bruce to Winston is a no brainer. Bruce Lee had no surviving capabilities. So it was no surprise his son was also a failure and died young.

Winston on the other hand is truly free. People thought: Now, he did the mistake. He is trapped. No, you can´t stop Winston.

Bruce is a failure. Training 10 hours a day. Stupid guy. Did you know that he had german blood?
Folks, what's this oblique comparison between Bruce (or Brandon) Lee to Winston and his son? They're two distinct hemispheres of the human-verse.

Bruce was a basic die-hard with more or less, a death wish; he never wanted his physique to decline so he threw himself into whatever he was doing, with reckless abandon, almost instinctually knowing that his life was bound to end soon, like a Buddy Holly of martial arts. And his post-houmous fame has a lot to do with his Jeet Kun Do style of martial arts and the fact that his proteges were famous persons like James Coburn, Kareem Abdul Jabbar, and Chuck Norris.