Half of Americans reportedly now mentally ill

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
KristineTheStrawberryGirl
Freshman Poster

Post by KristineTheStrawberryGirl »

Most of the American people who are being diagnosed as "mentally ill" are just having normal reactions to their situation/environment. The pills are pseudo-solutions to their problems.

Whether it is poor diet, lack of exercise, too much work, poor economy, or poor relationships, the pills are preventing people from finding real solutions to these problems.
"The limits of my language mean the limits of my world." -Ludwig Wittgenstein

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Eh, Zundel's a Holocaust denier? I'm not going to endlessly flame you over this, but I have an equal right not to approve of his work. While it's true that governments that supposedly uphold free speech may have treated him overly harshly to gain points with their constituents, I have to ask what difference does it make whether X million or Y million people died in the Holocaust? Whatever the exact number, it was tragic enough; and, in my opinion, our energy is better spent in preventing such future tragedies from occuring.
W: I read that Holocaust denial is legal in the US, but it is illegal in a lot of European countries like England, Germany, etc. In fact, the authors of Holocaust denials books are banned from those countries.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Jackal wrote:
I'll tell you why I believe in black people: because I've met so many nice ones. I've met black teachers, neighbors, students, martial arts students, co-workers, artists, and random people on the street who were all very good peope who treated me decently. Why just a few months ago, I was in Boston and I was trying to decide which subway track to go to and a black woman who sitting on a bench kindly gave me directions because she saw that I looked confused. During this same visit, an Arab man held an elevator door open for me. There is a lot of racial harmony in downtown Boston, although the surrounding areas can get pretty rough.
W: I strongly agree with this. Not to sound racist, but in my experience growing up in the California suburbs, black Americans almost always tended to be more open, easy to strike a conversation with, and had this genuineness that was so refreshing. They were never fake or snobby. Thus, I felt a much more natural comfort zone and kindred spirit with them as opposed to most white Americans.

I don't know if that would be the same in the inner city where they are reputed to harbor a lot of hatred, but that's my experience with blacks in the suburbs.

However, the black college professors I've had who grew up in Africa, all tended to be very strict and give way too much homework than was reasonable, for some reason. They were not laid back at all, like the black Americans I grew up around.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Freshman Poster

WWu777 wrote:
Jackal wrote:
I'll tell you why I believe in black people: because I've met so many nice ones. I've met black teachers, neighbors, students, martial arts students, co-workers, artists, and random people on the street who were all very good peope who treated me decently. Why just a few months ago, I was in Boston and I was trying to decide which subway track to go to and a black woman who sitting on a bench kindly gave me directions because she saw that I looked confused. During this same visit, an Arab man held an elevator door open for me. There is a lot of racial harmony in downtown Boston, although the surrounding areas can get pretty rough.
W: I strongly agree with this. Not to sound racist, but in my experience growing up in the California suburbs, black Americans almost always tended to be more open, easy to strike a conversation with, and had this genuineness that was so refreshing. They were never fake or snobby. Thus, I felt a much more natural comfort zone and kindred spirit with them as opposed to most white Americans.

I don't know if that would be the same in the inner city where they are reputed to harbor a lot of hatred, but that's my experience with blacks in the suburbs.

However, the black college professors I've had who grew up in Africa, all tended to be very strict and give way too much homework than was reasonable, for some reason. They were not laid back at all, like the black Americans I grew up around.
I've never had issues with black people. In fact, since living in Northern California, the only non-Russian people that I associate with or communicate with outside of my work place is a black person, a filipino and Japanese family, and my husband's Fijian buddy . It's not that I *want* to be socially isolated in an "ethnic" community, but I just have not really made much of a connection with the white folks here. My husband and I don't have the sarcastic sense of humor, which seems to win over white Americans, nor do we understand the whole "game" or "first impressions" type of pattern, where people are built up and put down for no actual reason all the time. It just does not make sense.

I had a Nigerian professor who was a little sadistic with the workload he gave us, but I have to admit the guy was brilliant.
Jackal
Experienced Poster

Post by Jackal »

Thanks for your replies, Kristine and Winston. I was getting worried that the whole board was full of some deep, hidden, racial hatred--not a good quality for a supposedly open-minded, international forum.

I understand if people get annoyed or frustrated with certain ethnic groups sometimes, but my hope is that they don't take it to the point of completely demonizing that ethnic group and seeing them as something less than human.

People who are totally freaked out by black people should move to some remote province of Norway--I don't think you'll run into many up there! The only things brown up there are animals and wood.
kristy_571
Freshman Poster

Post by kristy_571 »

Jackal wrote:People who are totally freaked out by black people should move to some remote province of Norway--I don't think you'll run into many up there! The only things brown up there are animals and wood.

:shock:
Sticks and leaves scare me.
Sticks and leaves are evil :x :evil: and must be wiped from the face of the earth! People power! Kill the sticks and leaves!!!

But I am okay with hard wood ( I wonder what Norwegian wood is like)And fruits and nuts are okay with me too (especially the big, round nuts, and the long long bananas). But I have a major prejudice against sticks and leaves.

PS: There is lots of animals and wood in Sacramento as well. It's a big forest.
Jackal
Experienced Poster

Post by Jackal »

gordan wrote:So racists like I should just f**k off and enlightened non-racist intellectuals like you should stay on and contribute so eloquently to this forum.
If members want to maintain extreme social views that's their choice, but I think it's immature when members resort to personal attacks and name-calling.
gordan wrote:Big f***ing deal. "Racial harmony" is a myth in America. It only exists in the movies and television.
I've known very sweet white girls in Boston who like to date black men: I can't think of any more real racial harmony than that. I don't think you can say that interracial couples don't really know each other.

Gordan's reply to KristineTheStrawberryGirl:
gordan wrote:This is typical reaction of a white person who hasn't been exposed to the black race. For someone who tries very hard not to sound racist, you sound pretty racist to me. I, myself, don't even label people by their race like you just did above.
You're whole diatribe is based upon labeling black people as "black" and assigning negative qualities to all or almost all of them. That is a textbook example of racism. I think you're clearly labeling people by race, although, if you didn't insist that they all possess such horrible qualities, there would be nothing wrong with it.

Perhaps you meant "nationality"? What is wrong with calling a person from Fiji a "Fijian"? Or to describe a Japanese immigrant as being "non-Russian"? I don't see how that is racist.

Gordan, are you the only infallible judge of African Americans? Your assumption is: "If anyone truly knows black people, then they will hate them", and then you make the deduction that since we don't hate black people then we must not truly know them. That's a correct deduction in the abstract, but you never even consider that your assumption is at least partially flawed, and therefore therefore logically false, because there exist some people who both truly know black people and like black people.

Some African Americans wear suits and have business jobs. I don't think you need to worry about these people brandishing automatic weapons and stealing your car.
Grunt
Junior Poster

Post by Grunt »

Here we go again. Could someone kindly flush these feminist turds down the shitter so we can get back to logical discussions? Like we dont get enough of this pap out in the real world?

Hey strawberrywhatever, so what if someone is racist? You think blacks are not racist? Where in the Constitution does it say I can not feel and think the way see fit? Will we be sent off to the death camp of tolerance because we said unkind (but true) words? Take your cultural marxism and cram it.

Or more to the point, dingleberry, who the f**k made YOU the arbiter of social conscious? Look, dont go away angry, just go away.
Jackal
Experienced Poster

Post by Jackal »

Grunt wrote:Here we go again. Could someone kindly flush these feminist turds down the shitter so we can get back to logical discussions? Like we dont get enough of this pap out in the real world?
If I had known that Gordon and Grunt were absolutely incapable of discussing these topics in a mature way, I would not have bothered starting the conversation.

It's too bad that they resort to immature insults instead of discussing things calmly and rationally like grown men.
Last edited by Jackal on April 12th, 2008, 5:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kristy_571
Freshman Poster

Post by kristy_571 »

gordan wrote:I guess Grunt was right about you. f**k off you bitch.
I do not think that Grunt said anything mean about me at all. And if he did, it's a free country, we are all entitled to our opinions. But I have yet to see anything negative written about me by Grunt. He is a decent guy-don't bring him into this.

PS: I have a weird and silly sense of humor. If it offends you, tell me. Thanks.
kristy_571
Freshman Poster

Post by kristy_571 »

Since there seems to be some trouble stirring up around me, Grunt and Gordon, I suggest we move our little arguments to the flaming and bashing board, and let the good folks here continue their converstations without the nit-picking. Thanks.
Jackal
Experienced Poster

Post by Jackal »

Gordan, you show your immaturity every time you call forum members insulting names. This doesn't advance the discussion--it just makes you look primitive and juvenile.

I wasn't trying to get you banned immediately. I was just suggesting that the moderators keep an eye on you and brought to their attention to an old thread of yours in which you took malicious glee in driving a black member, Terrence, out of the forum.

http://www.happierabroad.com/phpBB2/vie ... ight=#1250

Will you harrass the next black member of our forum into leaving as well? Is this really the kind of forum we as a community want to have?

Perhaps members should publicly discuss some ground rules for the forum. Heavy moderation is annoying, but sometimes light moderation can keep things civil. Do we really want a board that operates by "the survival of the rudest"? If so, only dim and rude people will be left here after a while.

You can believe anything you want, Gordan, but I just wish that you wouldn't need to insult everybody in the process of expressing yourself.
Freshman Poster

http://stuffwhitepeoplelike.wordpress.c ... ople-like/

Not to be taken too seriously ... it's just for fun.
kristy_571
Freshman Poster

Post by kristy_571 »

gordan wrote:
kristy_571 wrote:Since there seems to be some trouble stirring up around me, Grunt and Gordon, I suggest we move our little arguments to the flaming and bashing board, and let the good folks here continue their converstations without the nit-picking. Thanks.
I suggest you just leave this board youself unless you know some good fellatio. Otherwise, I can't really see what benefit you have for us. If you want, I'll try to think of something. I'll try to be accomodating. I want you to be a productive part of this forum. I mean that.
I am probably not beneficial at all to this forum. I probably have too many opinions and all that. :lol: I guess in a typical, selfish female manner I can say that this board benefits me more than I can benefit anyone here-it's a good place to learn about different countries, life living abroad, and the problems of unfair treatment that American women or women worldwide can give to men. It teaches me about life beyond America, and how not to be a "feminazi".

As far as to fellatio...well, you have foreign beauties you'd prefer much more. :)
gordan wrote: If you want, I'll try to think of something. I'll try to be accomodating. I want you to be a productive part of this forum. I mean that.
Thank you Gordon, that is very kind of you to say. :)
kristy_571
Freshman Poster

Post by kristy_571 »

Kristine, that was totally hilarious!
:lol: :lol: