Why do many of you want to go abroad but never do?

What's your story? Discussions your reasons for going abroad.
djfourmoney
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by djfourmoney »

Sorry Green, I was mainly talking about America. That said, you can donate Plasma in Germany and they will pay you for it.

Is France really that bad? Especially with all the Russians in Paris? You might try America, seems American girls like French guys. Kristy Brinkley's first love was some French guy... I've seen a few American Women on International House Hunters with French men looking for a place to live.
green1976
Freshman Poster

Post by green1976 »

djfourmoney wrote:Sorry Green, I was mainly talking about America. That said, you can donate Plasma in Germany and they will pay you for it.

Is France really that bad? Especially with all the Russians in Paris? You might try America, seems American girls like French guys. Kristy Brinkley's first love was some French guy... I've seen a few American Women on International House Hunters with French men looking for a place to live.
In France,Paris and the others big cities are the worst places to meet ladies in random places.
The vibes in Paris are quit bad.

I know that a lot of men have been fed with the romantic Paris surrounded by lovely available French chicks,but that just BS.

I can tell you,and i'm not the only one,that Paris is the worst place in France to meet woman..they are i would say the little sisters of NYC woman and are taking the same road to be like them.
Somebody who will come here as a tourist would have difficulty to see this,especially if he has money and hang with the American community.

The fact that women here are enormously overrated abroad.

They are men who have went abroad to Germany or even Uk,and said that it was easier to get chicks.

Surely the French guy aura has to do with it,but at the end,having traveled around Europe,French women,more in Paris are generally selfish,not funny,cold,paranoid,not accessible,overrated..so they have a lot of defects and few qualities.

The physical advantage you get compared to the US is their not fatty obese body in general as is in America, but that doesn't sound a good thing if communicating with them is so difficult and uneasy.

Really,i would not recommend to any man who want to look for more accessible women abroad to come to France and Paris.

Do you know as an example,that prostitution in France is one of the worst in Europe,overpriced,having ugly provider,not so in your face like Germany,Belgium or Spain.
FYI they are large numbers of young men who goes to the border side f**k clubs in Spain because they are sexually frustrated.

America?
I have been to America and no thanks.
That will be kinda ironic if i go to America to escape French women trying to find something better there.
Yes,paradoxically i can have more possibility in America but choosing between Cholera and Bubonic Plague..not thanks.:lol:

I can tell you i lived in Norway for some months and it was easier to get a one night stand or an easy f**k.
Anyway,there it'is a feminist paradise,having some difference compared to US feminism but still males are castrated giving females all power on how and with who they will f**k with.
flyingmonkey9
Freshman Poster

Post by flyingmonkey9 »

For me, I like traveling to experience new cultures and meet new people. If I happen to meet a wonderful (non-american) woman abroad, then I will consider the situation as it happens.

Currently I work with many foriegners so I am cultivating those relationships so when I travel I can visit them overseas. That is my strategy and it works for me.
The only thing worse than a man without options is a woman with them...
TO guy
Freshman Poster

Post by TO guy »

Hi Winston, this is sort of related to what I said about revamping the site. I just came across this site less than a week ago, and I'm still learning about what your message or "call to action" is. If the site was easier to navigate, then it could point me to the options.

Here is what I have learned so far:

1) I found your site through a search about why my dating life sucks. There were lots of messages from Pick Up Artists, Feminists, and dating blogs and so on, but none of them really talked about my issues. When I saw your post about being an Asian guy in the US, and the problems you had, that was one thing that stood out for me.

2) Then I found your message: Go Abroad. So that's excellent. It gives me an approach that is different to everything I have done before.

3) So now that I have the message, it wasn't clear to me what this means. Is it just to travel to get your self esteem back? Is it to travel to just see what's out there? Is it to take advantage of job opportunities to put you in a guy-friendly country?

4) So what would be helpful is a website that tells us step-by-step ways as to how to do each of the above. Example: what should be our objectives in each of the options? Is it the right thing for us? What to expect when we get there. What results to expect. What are the disappointments. How much will it cost.

Those are the kinds of questions I have.
Last edited by TO guy on March 14th, 2012, 11:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
manly5000
Freshman Poster

Post by manly5000 »

I haven't gone abroad yet because I'm biding my time and saving for "the big one"... in otherwords, leaving and never coming back. When I'm gone, I STAY gone.

If I spend a few grand on a vacation it will only delay my permanent departure. So, as much as I'd love to hop over to the Phils and check it out in person, get to experience what friendly women and people are actually like, I'm going to wait for that moment -- the moment when I can leave this place forever.

It'll be well worth it.
Out in the world living the dream!
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by zboy1 »

manly5000 wrote:I haven't gone abroad yet because I'm biding my time and saving for "the big one"... in otherwords, leaving and never coming back. When I'm gone, I STAY gone.

If I spend a few grand on a vacation it will only delay my permanent departure. So, as much as I'd love to hop over to the Phils and check it out in person, get to experience what friendly women and people are actually like, I'm going to wait for that moment -- the moment when I can leave this place forever.

It'll be well worth it.
Same here. Just finished my bachelors degree and I am looking for a job right now. I want to pay off some of my debts before I permanently move overseas one day. Maybe two or three years tops. I've already been overseas many times either because of the military (being stationed in U.K., Europe) or by visiting relatives (S. Korea), so I know what's it like out there. And I prefer overseas much more than home tbh.
tom
Junior Poster

Post by tom »

I traveled abroad and will continue to. Many of the guys that do it are foreigners going back home to have fun basically for all the same reasons we do to get away from all the constrictions and restrictions placed on them in America. You will never see them on a board like this for the most part. There is a small number of guys who will travel on there own maybe 1% who opt to bail out of the aglowspear.

Permanent relocation,
money is the first thing that is hard to overcome. Working in the local economy you must compete with locals for local jobs, not always so easy but if you have skills you can do well. I have seen many trained and worked professionally abroad then returned home to work they cited there dislike of the anglowspear rules and restrictions and preferred to work back at home.

The internet offers new opportunities that would have never been possible before, a few guys have done this to make a living abroad.
One of the main reasons so few guys even consider this is lack of information and a whole lot of misinformation from the mainstream media.
Only a small number of sites promote this idea and benefits of living elsewhere.
The mainstream media tells how dangerous it is and condemns the idea of guys improving there social and family lives abroad. Mainstream media plays to women's vanities and fears for the most part.

One of the advantages of going abroad is your money will go much farther maybe 2 to 3 times as much.
But the biggest advantage is in the personal spear, younger far better women and less risk in this area of life. No sexual harassment suits, loosing everything in divorce court and micro managing your family life from the state.
djfourmoney
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by djfourmoney »

Tom some would say the Social-Democracies in Europe is micro-managing your life.... That Germany girl I was talking too said she didn't like how the Government told her she needed to wear a shirt to prevent sunburn. When you have Universal Health Care the Government has a vested interest to keep you out of the Emergency Room.

She complained that if she wanted to get sunburned its her option. I said once you got serious sunburn you wouldn't like it and I wouldn't feel all that sorry for you. I don't see Americans generally being more careful because rising high health care cost. They keep doing risky behavior actually... Its just a human thing I suppose.

Anyway, yes finding a job overseas is a big concern. But this is a global market and the language of business is English, finding a job really shouldn't be much of a problem if you have a high skill. If you're a paper pusher, the banking system as we currently know it will collapse so if you want job security I would suggest to stay out of that for at least the next decade.

However it shouldn't be a number #1 concern and here's why. And don't give that I want solitude nonsense either. If you're girl/wive is a local resident you'll have more access to the local job market than you would being just a temporary resident because depending on country it takes over a year. As best I would suggest you have about a six months to a year of living expenses saved so you can find a job.

Unemployment is high in some parts of Germany (Berlin for example) and in in much of France (especially Paris) and of course in the PIIGS countries. Outside of that, in much of Western Europe you can find work. If you want to dig ditches, you'll need to know the local languages but if you work with Computers or Finance, then all you need is English.

Another option is to get a high skill (computers/IT for example) get some experience and you can apply for jobs at NATO, EU, UN and International Red Cross. Most of those are located in Belgium where English is widely spoken. Red Cross is in Switzerland.

If your a African-American Man despite Azora's problems in Austria, finding a woman shouldn't be all that hard. In fact it should be quite easy. I know women in Germany, Poland and a few other places where Women are actively Black Men.
chileanueva
Freshman Poster

Many Americans don't even have a passport.

Post by chileanueva »

A Brit I met recently expressed her shock that an American she knew did not have a passport. “Is this normal,â€￾ she asked, “do most Americans not have passports?â€￾

The quick answer is: Yes, most Americans do not have a passport. The number of Americans who have a passport, according to the most recent statistics issued by the State Department in January of 2011, is 114,464,041.

Given the country’s population of 307,006,550, about 37% of the population has one. This means that nearly 2 out of 3 Americans can’t even fly to Canada, let alone travel to anywhere else in the world (new rules allow those with “Passport Cardsâ€￾ to travel to Canada, Mexico and the Caribbean and Bermuda, but they are not allowed to be used for international air travel. There are about 3.5 million Americans who have this card.)

Most Americans are ignorant of world geography and foreign cultures. They think USA is the center of the universe. Not having a passport is a clear sign that Americans don't have any interest in going abroad.
odbo
Veteran Poster

Post by odbo »

Twobrains wrote:You can run around the world chasing new sensation after new sensation, but eventually you have to face yourself. I spent the last three years travelling almost continuously around Europe, moving every couple of weeks, sometimes more often. It gets boring. You never get to go deeper with a place or its people. Now, due to a change in circumstances, I've had to stop and put down some roots. I'm much happier. I'll travel again in the future - lots more places to see - but unless I use those experiences as a kind of mirror to myself then I won't learn anything.

zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by zboy1 »

tom
Junior Poster

Post by tom »

In the US taxes are not very high, the taxes are low.
End of the world mad max type scenario, a pure fantasy, not a real risk.

You look at risk as what is the probability of something happening, the actual odds something could occur.
If you lived in Colombia what are the odds of a polar bear attack? Next to zero, if you lived in Alaska very different odds right.
None of us knows the future. All we can do is look around us and see what is actually happening, the real odds can be figured with this.

America's incarceration rate is the highest in the world.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Incarcerat ... ted_States
This is a fact and a very real risk is having your assets sized or frozen by the government. This is a real risk, happens all the time.
Another real risk is getting sued, this risk is very real and happens alot if you have significant wealth.
Lets not forget greedy wives trying to collect on the big lotto alimony. This is also connected to getting incarcerated as false rape/abuse charges for financial gain are rampant and pose a real risk.

The reason the wealthy move money abroad is not because they are dodging taxes, this is a common false belief.
The real reason is wealth preservation, particularly high risk are the obvious things that happen to us all, loosing all your wealth through divorce. The hedge against this risk is to move some of the assets out of reach the greedy ex wife and her enablers family court.
aozora13
Freshman Poster

Post by aozora13 »

djfourmoney wrote:Tom some would say the Social-Democracies in Europe is micro-managing your life.... That Germany girl I was talking too said she didn't like how the Government told her she needed to wear a shirt to prevent sunburn. When you have Universal Health Care the Government has a vested interest to keep you out of the Emergency Room.

She complained that if she wanted to get sunburned its her option. I said once you got serious sunburn you wouldn't like it and I wouldn't feel all that sorry for you. I don't see Americans generally being more careful because rising high health care cost. They keep doing risky behavior actually... Its just a human thing I suppose.

Anyway, yes finding a job overseas is a big concern. But this is a global market and the language of business is English, finding a job really shouldn't be much of a problem if you have a high skill. If you're a paper pusher, the banking system as we currently know it will collapse so if you want job security I would suggest to stay out of that for at least the next decade.

However it shouldn't be a number #1 concern and here's why. And don't give that I want solitude nonsense either. If you're girl/wive is a local resident you'll have more access to the local job market than you would being just a temporary resident because depending on country it takes over a year. As best I would suggest you have about a six months to a year of living expenses saved so you can find a job.

Unemployment is high in some parts of Germany (Berlin for example) and in in much of France (especially Paris) and of course in the PIIGS countries. Outside of that, in much of Western Europe you can find work. If you want to dig ditches, you'll need to know the local languages but if you work with Computers or Finance, then all you need is English.

Another option is to get a high skill (computers/IT for example) get some experience and you can apply for jobs at NATO, EU, UN and International Red Cross. Most of those are located in Belgium where English is widely spoken. Red Cross is in Switzerland.

If your a African-American Man despite Azora's problems in Austria, finding a woman shouldn't be all that hard. In fact it should be quite easy. I know women in Germany, Poland and a few other places where Women are actively Black Men.
I am not trying to respond in a negative way but from what I have seen in Vienna, I think that I have more responses from people outside the country. Yes, Germany is definitely better to find a woman. I have talked to several women while I have been in Europe and I found most of the women I connected with are from outside of Austria. It is not known as a great place to find women. There have been studies and I know that if I lived in Germany and worked there, possibly I can have a better opportunity than in this city. Most Austrian guys usually date girls from other countries. So, "despite my problems" I have seen that foreign girls are better than Austrian girls. Some countries are not good for some people. I know that if I was in Germany, I could have dated a nice girl by now. I know that is not difficult since I dated German women before.

Now, for work; it depends, I think that possibly you might need to get the local language to help you find work. I learned how to speak decent German and I know that it is very important in Germany/Austria to find work. Contrary to people who have not tried the job market. Even with 3 IT Certifications, speaking the local language and local experience, it is hard when they know you are not from the EU. If I was from the EU, I know work would be much easier.

Most US men have this idea that America is great and why should I look in other countries for women and/or a better life. I talked to a German girl who likes Brandy (in a crazy way) and she was saying going back to the US should not be that bad. The sad thing about this is that she never lived in the US, only visited a few cities so she is disillusioned about the whole experience. I wish European were blind to the fact that America has problems in Employment, Dating, and Living. I believe that the whole 'concept' of searching for a long-term relationship and/or having a P4P experience is something most guys in the US do not think about in another country.
The_Adventurer
Experienced Poster

Post by The_Adventurer »

I can't even begin to explain the kinds of experiences I have been having the last couple of months. I would need to write a book. I may post some pictures when I get the chance. Unfortunately, I am not on my computer. I am in a hotel with a few girls playing Mahjong behind me, preparing for a wedding. (not mine, not yet)

I can say that moving abroad permanently is the only way to go. It doesn't take a lot of money. Someone said something about leaving with only 2000 Euro. I left with less than $2000 USD and that was in 2008. I am still here, still alive and having the time of my life. I thought I was in a fantasy the last few days. One has to see some of the places I have been, real villages high in the mountains among the clouds, to believe that such places exist. Someone talked about spending $600 a month for housing. In many of the places I have been the last few weeks that would get you five star quality hotels. IT would actually be cheaper since that is the day rate and you could probably cut off 20% if you told them you were staying long term.

Why people don't do it? Fear. I have family members who don't have passports and I have been trying to get them just to visit some of these places. If only they could see it! I think Winston and Two Brains both have good points. You can really land in a place that changes your life. You can see things that really get you thinking on a philosophical level. Back in 2008 I may have spent my first few months with more of a mongering attitude, but things have changed so much overtime, with the places I have been, the things I have learned and the people I have met. My life priorities are all upside down. I am am not the same man that stepped out of California.

For those that really want to do it, money is not an issue. I left with very little, at a few different points in my journey, I had nothing, and could have ended up on the street. Still, I always pushed through, found another way and kept going. The reward for these efforts is beyond compare.
“Booty is so strong that there are dudes willing to blow themselves up for the highly unlikely possibility of booty in another dimension." -- Joe Rogan
abroaduni
Freshman Poster

visa for canada

Post by abroaduni »

Hi,
I fully agree with you that,the big and main problem is money in moving abroad.Off course,no doubt in it.It's the dream of everybody to move abroad for working there or traveling.But the main cause is that,only money,So,Can you tell us the solution of this big cause or problem?

Thanks for sharing your view.......

visa for canada

emigrate to canada