Half of Americans reportedly now mentally ill

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
Jackal
Experienced Poster

Post by Jackal »

KristineTheStrawberryGirl wrote:http://stuffwhitepeoplelike.wordpress.c ... ople-like/

Not to be taken too seriously ... it's just for fun.
Yes, the list is funny. I don't like most of the items in it. Mr. S. already posted it and I already replied to it here:

http://www.happierabroad.com/phpBB2/vie ... php?t=3784
KristineTheStrawberryGirl
Freshman Poster

Post by KristineTheStrawberryGirl »

Jackal wrote:
KristineTheStrawberryGirl wrote:http://stuffwhitepeoplelike.wordpress.c ... ople-like/

Not to be taken too seriously ... it's just for fun.
Yes, the list is funny. I don't like most of the items in it. Mr. S. already posted it and I already replied to it here:

http://www.happierabroad.com/phpBB2/vie ... php?t=3784
LOL. OOPS I didn't even know it was already posted.

I agree it's more funny in regards to upper middle class coastal white Americans, but it doesn't have much in common with the more blue collar community.
"The limits of my language mean the limits of my world." -Ludwig Wittgenstein
Jackal
Experienced Poster

Post by Jackal »

(I have moved my reply to Mr. S.'s thread about the list.)
Last edited by Jackal on April 16th, 2008, 3:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Jackal wrote:
gordan wrote:So racists like I should just f**k off and enlightened non-racist intellectuals like you should stay on and contribute so eloquently to this forum.
If members want to maintain extreme social views that's their choice, but I think it's immature when members resort to personal attacks and name-calling.
W: Agreed.

Gordon, I don't mind if you have racist views, as this is not a politically correct forum, and racial differences and patterns do exist in reality, socially and culturally as well as scientifically, but please don't bash or insult others directly here. This is a very open board, but we gotta keep some basic manners and common courtesy as well.

If you wish to engage in a flame war, do so only in the flaming bashing board, and only with those who wish to participate in it.

Thanks,
Winston
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Jackal
Experienced Poster

Post by Jackal »

gordan wrote:
Jackal wrote:(I have moved my reply to Mr. S.'s thread about the list.)
Mr. S is a racist black who likes to post racist sites on this forum. I didn't run him off yet Jacky. I guess I'm not doing my job.
Okay, good. I'm glad when I find out you're a better person than I suspected.

Anyway, let's stop bickering. I think we just get frustrated with each other because we've each had such different life experiences that we misinterpret each other's words.

I have no beef with Argentinians. I think they're cool. Have you ever had yerba mate tea?
LukeSkywalker
Freshman Poster

Re: Half of Americans reportedly now mentally ill

Post by LukeSkywalker »

WWu777 wrote:More ammo to prove my point:

http://nysun.com/editorials/are-we-really-ill?fark

Headline of article above:

Are We Really That Ill?
By CHRISTOPHER LANE | March 26, 2008

CHICAGO - America has reached a point where almost half its population is described as being in some way mentally ill, and nearly a quarter of its citizens - 67.5 million - have taken antidepressants.
Winston, that's actually not a true fact. That's purely an invention of the medical industry and the drug industry to get everybody on their pills so that they can make more and more money. And unfortunately it seems to be working :evil:
KristineTheStrawberryGirl
Freshman Poster

Post by KristineTheStrawberryGirl »

Gordan,

Just to be sure, I have no problem with your views, and think that you have the right to say whatever you want.

I think the problem is that all of us, at one time or another, have been beat down by the politically correct police. You have the right to express whatever observations you have made about any demographic group that you want.
"The limits of my language mean the limits of my world." -Ludwig Wittgenstein
kristy_571
Freshman Poster

Post by kristy_571 »

gordan wrote:
kristy_571 wrote:Kristine, that was totally hilarious!
:lol: :lol:
I'm glad you found it funny. Somehow I'm not surprised. More proof to show what kind of heartless bitches we are dealing with. Oh yeah, Kristy, I'm sure you are so "offended" by my comments. Grunt is on to something. I agree that this site is being invaded by feminist cunts who want to make fun of us. If this isn't proof, then I don't know what is.
Gordon... I just have a different sense of humor than you. If me finding that funny offended you, then I will happily not post my thoughts on humor. I am not here to invade or upset anyone. I can see that you are a good person who feels that they are not having their voice heard, and also feels that their rights to relax on this forum are being violated. I think that the flaming should end, and that people should have the right to talk about what they wish.
kristy_571
Freshman Poster

Post by kristy_571 »

gordan wrote:
I am probably not beneficial at all to this forum. I probably have too many opinions and all that. :lol: I guess in a typical, selfish female manner I can say that this board benefits me more than I can benefit anyone here-it's a good place to learn about different countries, life living abroad, and the problems of unfair treatment that American women or women worldwide can give to men. It teaches me about life beyond America, and how not to be a "feminazi".
Well, that is what this forum is for. Happy Birthday.
As far as to fellatio...well, you have foreign beauties you'd prefer much more. :)
Haha! You are so right! However, American girls seem to do that so much more easily, and in some cases, better!

Thank you Gordon, that is very kind of you to say. :)
Anytime.
Thank you for wishing me a happy birthday. I just now caught that. Thanks Gordon.
Last edited by kristy_571 on April 23rd, 2008, 7:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
kristy_571
Freshman Poster

Post by kristy_571 »

Happier Abroad rules! I love this place!
Last edited by kristy_571 on April 22nd, 2008, 5:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kristy_571
Freshman Poster

Post by kristy_571 »

edited and now blank for obvious reasons.
Last edited by kristy_571 on April 23rd, 2008, 7:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

gordan wrote:
Jackal wrote:(I have moved my reply to Mr. S.'s thread about the list.)
Mr. S is a racist black who likes to post racist sites on this forum. I didn't run him off yet Jacky. I guess I'm not doing my job.
LOL Mr S is not black. I know him personally and he is one of my advisors who lives in Manila. I've hung out with him several times too. He's a tall white guy.
Last edited by Winston on July 14th, 2013, 12:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Jackal
Experienced Poster

Post by Jackal »

Sometimes white guys can fool you into thinking they're black if you only read their words and don't have a picture of them. Take Flea, The Red Hot Chilli Peppers' bass player, for example. He's physically as white as can be, yet he quotes the Black Panthers in magazine interviews.

But then again, maybe somebody who's white has to think a bit like a black guy to understand funk bass the way Flea does. I guess it's like the fact that somebody who wants to play flamenco authentically needs to spend some serious time with the flamenco artists in Spain to understand the music correctly. The music can't be removed from the culture and remain authentic.

Anyway, word up, ya know wha aahm talkin' abouw, 'yo.
Shokkers
Freshman Poster

Good on ya, Joe...

Post by Shokkers »

DiscoPro_Joe wrote:My guess is that about 65% of the mental illness problem in the U.S. is physiological (resulting from nutritional deficiencies and too many toxins in the body), and about 35% of the problem is psychological (resulting from too much stress and social isolation).

You can read an article I wrote two years ago about my transition into an organic lifestyle, entitled, "Your Health is your Ultimate Freedom" by clicking here and then scrolling way down. Throughout the article, I highly recommend Kevin Trudeau's Natural Cures book, which totally changed my life.

Anyway, to better understand this widespread American mental-health problem, I'll post an awesome Natural Cures newsletter article right here. Enjoy!
My sentiments exactly, Joe. Depression cuts a swath through my family, but I'm the only one who isn't on antidepressants. A while back I saw a psychiatrist who prescribed Effexxor, but all it did was make me SLEEP 14 hours a day (and granted, I did feel better for the other 10 hours). But when I said "I feel better, I guess I don't need this stuff"--and stopped taking it, my BRAIN swelled up putting me in a horrid state of vertigo. I had to go back on it and 'taper down' the dosage and eventually I was OK. I still had the depression, but I was able to work around it. Meanwhile, everyone I know is on a 'maintenance dose' of this or that, which doesn't fix the problem but enables them to work with it so they can buy more antidepressants.

If you do some more research (and hopefully you won't, 'cause you'll go blind with PANIC), it seems like Western society is SET UP to MAKE YOU depressed or psychotic...our highly treated commercialized foods are bereft of nutrients, 'natural' cures are legally suppressed or smeared with quackery, alcohol and tobacco get a free ride whereas marijuan is criminalized...ET freakin' cetera...

THANKS for your article. You and Trudeau are doing everyone a great service.
Best, K.K.
http://www.RockHerWorld.Net
KK's books CLOWNWHITE and INHUMAN RESOURCES are out now on Amazon.com!
"If you're going through Hell...Keep Going."--Winston Churchill
momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Good on ya, Joe...

Post by momopi »

Shokkers wrote: --------------------------------------------------------
THE SECRET TO LIVING LONGER
By Kevin Trudeau
I think this is the late night infomercial guy? He was convicted of feleonhy for posing as a doctor to deposit $80,000 in false checks, pled guilty to larceny for posing as someone else to get credit cards, banned in Michigan for a pyraid scheme, fined by FTC for making false claims, etc.

People's opinions of him and his books range in the extremes. If you go to amazon.com and check the ratings on his book "Natural cures they don't want you to know about", you'd see the user reviews are in the extremes of 5 stars vs. 1 star. I'd be curious to order an used copy just to see why it's so controversial. @_@?