Match.com does work!!! (my match.com experiment)

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
emh
Freshman Poster

Match.com does work!!! (my match.com experiment)

Post by emh »

Hopefully my provocative title caught your attention. So here's the story....

Several years back I bought a 6 month subscription to match.com. I forget where I was living at the time...it was either DC or San Francisco. I had my usual match.com experience...I would write women nice personal emails and very few of them would write me back. I was targeting women that I had a lot in common with but that didn't matter. I just couldn't get their attention. This despite the fact that I had a good paying job, lots of interesting hobbies, etc. Now, I should point out two things. First of all, I'm short, about 5'7. Secondly I'm bald (though I shave my head). Overall I'm decent looking but hardly a male model type.

So with one month left in my subscription, I decided to try an experiment. First of all, I changed my screen name so that no one would know it was "me". Secondly I created an alter-ego that I named "Josh". I made Josh taller than me but not super tall. Only 5'10. Secondly I stole another guys photos and posted them on my account. The guy had a full hair of head and was good looking. But I didn't want to overdo it. I'd say the guy was about an 8 on a 1-10 scale.

So what happened? Two things:

1) Attractive women started to write me/Josh.

2) I had "Josh" send winks to women that I had written personal emails to. Now every online dating guru will tell you that winks don't work. Wrong!!! These same women who ignored my personal email, wrote Josh long gushing emails in response to his wink. They were so happy that "Josh" was interested in them, couldn't wait to meet him in person, etc.

Now I have no idea what would have happened if "Josh" existed and had met these women in person. Maybe they would have rejected him them. No idea. And since I changed two things - height and photos, it's hard to say which variable was more important. Or if they were both necessary. But it showed me what I suspected and wanted to know.....despite what all the dating gurus tell you, women primarily care about physical appearance. If you don't meet their standards for that, they won't even give you a chance.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

E_Irizarry
Veteran Poster

Post by E_Irizarry »

@emh,

I heard it works too. I actually want to sign up and look for midget women but not the ones with the overzealous grown-out craniums. Between 2 feet to 4'7" works for me, too.
"I appreciate the opportunities I have in America. Opportunities that allow me to live abroad." **Smiles** - Have2Fly@H.A. (2013)

"The only way to overcome that is to go abroad to get a broad."
- E. Irizarry (2009)

"MGTOW resilience is the key to foreign residence. You better muthafuckin' ask somebody!!"
- E. Irizarry (2012)

"I rather be ostracized by 157.0 million (27.3% of the US of Gay pop), then to appease 1 feminist." - E. Irizarry (2013)

TanBoy by DNA | Despedido, Hugo Chavez...Descansa en paz!
have2fly
Junior Poster

Post by have2fly »

BS! I just cancelled my match.com subscription and I am 6'00"! I am making 75-100K as listed on match.com. It matters what I wrote in my profile - that I am foreign and nothing about making "girls laugh". I had no dates at all in 6 months. Now with free Russian dating websites here in America I actually went on a date with a few girls and f***ed one for around 8 months - very hot skinny blonde.

Match.com is a bunch of BS! I tried it twice already, neither one worked. Let those bitches chase their dream ghetto douchebag who is also rich and makes them laugh.
emh
Freshman Poster

Post by emh »

have2fly wrote:BS! I just cancelled my match.com subscription and I am 6'00"! I am making 75-100K as listed on match.com. It matters what I wrote in my profile - that I am foreign and nothing about making "girls laugh". I had no dates at all in 6 months. Now with free Russian dating websites here in America I actually went on a date with a few girls and f***ed one for around 8 months - very hot skinny blonde.

Match.com is a bunch of BS! I tried it twice already, neither one worked. Let those bitches chase their dream ghetto douchebag who is also rich and makes them laugh.
Well as I said, it's definitely not about money cause I was making lots of money and had no success either. And since I changed both height and photos, I'm not sure which one was more important. All I know is that my alter ego Josh was quite popular with the women on match.com.
lookin4happiness
Freshman Poster

Post by lookin4happiness »

Are you really surprised by the results of such an experiment? I am not- in fact the results should have been fairly obvious. AW are fickle and highly materialistic..
ringspun
Freshman Poster

Post by ringspun »

have2fly wrote:BS! I just cancelled my match.com subscription and I am 6'00"! I am making 75-100K as listed on match.com. It matters what I wrote in my profile - that I am foreign and nothing about making "girls laugh". I had no dates at all in 6 months. Now with free Russian dating websites here in America I actually went on a date with a few girls and f***ed one for around 8 months - very hot skinny blonde.

It's exactly the same here in the UK it would seem, you get nothing but fat ugly trolls who are interested, the cute girls are all looking for the Ghetto players or Townies who are "Known" in their very small pond, they don't have to be rich but doing drugs and cheating and beating is all good to these women!

I gave up on UK women 5 years ago, I have been to Thailand/Cambodia and Vietnam and met hundreds of girls and although many maybe after marriage or commitment, they treat you with far more dignity and respect. There is a lot of Russian and Polish girls here in UK too, some sites cater for these, as a result I have been out with two of the hottest girls I have ever dated, and decent girls who could cook more than a frozen microwave meal!
emh
Freshman Poster

Post by emh »

lookin4happiness wrote:Are you really surprised by the results of such an experiment? I am not- in fact the results should have been fairly obvious. AW are fickle and highly materialistic..
No I wasn't really surprised. It mostly confirmed what I already suspected. Of course all the "scientific" surveys show that women don't care about looks. I think "sense of humor" always gets rated #1. Now that's BS!