Are all women picky? Cold hard truth

Discuss dating, relationships and foreign women.
djfourmoney
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Yes, it's all about money or looks anywhere in the world

Post by djfourmoney »

asianwomaninamerica wrote:
djfourmoney wrote:
Well this is typical behavior in Western Culture, I'd say less so in Europe. Having said that, where quality is important, cheap often means disposable. Of course that is how our economy is built, products have a life cycle of a few years. Manufacturers want you back in the market without making it seem like too short of a time passed by.

The man your cousin is with is interested in "status" and the maintenance of that status is what forces him to buy "name brands" because "branding" is important.
Make sense to me if you want to maintain your status. I don't know his story, but she tells me that he likes authentic brands including food brands. He will not buy (for example) Target cheese brand unless it's Kraft brand. I mean it's from food to clothes to technology to whatever it is. My cousin and I grew up poor, and even though we both have move up the social status a tiny bit, we still want to save money. Most people would argue quality over quantity (one time vs. multiple times of buying something). I remember reading a comment that this person would rather spend $500 to buy a pair of shoe than to continually buy multiple of shoes over in a period of 5 years. All of my shoes are not even $500.
Its worst than you think, Rich People go into Target, Walmart, K-Mart and buy in bulk at discount prices.... So its quality and quantity.
asianwomaninamerica
Freshman Poster

Post by asianwomaninamerica »

djfourmoney wrote:
Its worst than you think, Rich People go into Target, Walmart, K-Mart and buy in bulk at discount prices.... So its quality and quantity.
I guess I didn't imagine that part since if you're rich you would want higher quality despite the price.
davewe
Experienced Poster

Post by davewe »

asianwomaninamerica wrote:
djfourmoney wrote:
I guess I didn't imagine that part since if you're rich you would want higher quality despite the price.
Well there's stinking rich who don't care and don't even do their own shopping, and the merely successful. The successful definitely shop at Target, Walmart, etc.
have2fly
Junior Poster

Post by have2fly »

Make sense to me if you want to maintain your status. I don't know his story, but she tells me that he likes authentic brands including food brands. He will not buy (for example) Target cheese brand unless it's Kraft brand. I mean it's from food to clothes to technology to whatever it is.
Well, I consider myself Middle Class by American standards (75-100K), but I only shop at Whole Foods or Trader Joe's because I can FINALLY afford it. I am extremely happy that I don't shop for food anywhere else, since American food is a freaking chemical poison. But I am foreign, I don't give a shit about prestige of the grocery store, I grew up on organic stuff locally grown. Most of the food can be purchased through farm markets in Ukraine, those are everywhere within walking distance. Whole Foods seems to be the only place that sells food that is a close resemblance of what I used to eat in Ukraine.

Since I am European, there is a lot of demand from the East European society that you as a person develop and grow. Fashion and latest trends are VERY important. Basically, Europeans think of what they dress as not just comfortable or self-expression, but rather that it is important to make impression on other people. Why? Because people DO MEET on the streets, especially in Eastern Europe. The better you dress, the better people you attract, the better you feel etc. I do agree with that. Show off or not, it depends on you. The cheapest store I go to is Macy's to buy clothes. I can't afford Gucci yet :)
I dated a guy who used to work during our first two college years, but he couldn't get his old job back once he left home for the summer. He tried to apply for other jobs but couldn't get a job. I was willing to help and he knew it, so he became lazy after that. I was nice and kind enough to provide most of the time, but he was a j-e-r-k at the end of our relationship. He wasn't the best looking guy nor was he ugly either. I was the provider in our relationship even though at that time I made enough only for myself.
How do you even start dating an American girl? I don't even know! Everything is so f***ing INDIRECT and FAKE during the introduction, fake smiles, fake jokes... if the guy hints at having something personal - he comes out to be a freak. So you have to do this cocky-funny shit for a few weeks and desperately hope! SUCH BULL SHIT! So if you knew he was a jerk, why didn't you do anything about it? I never thought of using ANY girl! I never thought men use ANY girls until I moved to America. In Ukraine, a guy who is using a girl for his advantage is a loser for the society! Men are encouraging men to be MEN over there! Some Ukrainian dude will tell you: "Nikolay, pick up your lazy ass and go get a job since your wife Tanya is working and supporting the family." If you refuse, he will tell you: "Are you a man or not?"

So here I am. Independent, financially secure, still young, educated, intelligent, 6'00" tall, I am driving a nice car and live in an expensive apartment. Yes, I was on Match.com for 6 months and barely 2 women wrote me. Now if I was like this in Ukraine? My mailbox would get 10-20 emails per day at least!

You are saying you come from poor family. Well, WTF is wrong with American women? I see some American women try to fight for guys that are making $15 per hour, while I make three times as much, but I get no attention :) Am I not saying something right? My looks is fine, I dated lots of Russian girls since we have the same culture. American women are retarded, why not ask me how much I make and who I am? Nope, they all chase douchebags and jerks.
Forever is not required. 2Fly is Ukrainian, I don't think he's lighting a path back to his home country, its in a terrible state.
To be honest, if you have money, Ukraine isn't a bad place to be. Say, you live in Kiev - you can buy a decent 2 bedroom apartment in the suburbs for around $120,000, it will be in a very good condition or brand new. Subway is nearby, so you don't need a car. Otherwise, living in Kiev will allow you to enjoy all of the Western ammenities, such as electronics, shopping malls etc. Nightlife is WAY better than Miami, NYC and Chicago COMBINED! If people would only know that instead of spending $5,000 per night in Miami for VIP, they are much better off buying a ticket to Kiev, spending the same money will get them 10 times more fun and 100 times better looking women.
About cold: there is also Crimea in Ukraine, southern Crimean climate is similar to Atlanta, GA. If you live in Yalta, you only have snow 2-3 times a year. There are palm trees over there and beautiful sea views, mountains etc.

My friend is planning to move to Ukraine in 3-4 years from the U.S., he is planning to invest into real estate. He says he does not see any enjoyment out of living in America. He is married, he paid off his house and his car, but he just does not feel "home" in America. Amazingly, but many American-born citizens don't feel "home" in America as well :)
lookin4happiness
Freshman Poster

Post by lookin4happiness »

So have2fly..
the question is why the f**k are you in America? Probably because you can't make 75-100k a year in Ukraine? I don't know.. what do you do for a living?
About having everything going for you and not getting p***y. You see you can't predict how to get p***y. Everything we are taught on this board and others about how to get p***y doesn't work. You can be a homeless bum and be getting p***y or you can have everything going for you and not getting shit. It is karma, it is unpredictable.. You see aspirin doesn't work because it doesn't cure a headache everytime.. money doesn't work either because it won't get you p***y everytime. There is other shit lurking in the realm of causation..
Best Wishes...
have2fly
Junior Poster

Post by have2fly »

the question is why the f**k are you in America? Probably because you can't make 75-100k a year in Ukraine?
I am in IT field. Actually, most of friends that make decent money say the same thing. Only "if" I could make this money in Russia/FSU... Life in America is extremely comfortable for your body, but poisonous to your mind.
lookin4happiness
Freshman Poster

Post by lookin4happiness »

Thats the thing.. There are places that you can make as much or more money at least relatively, in relation to living cost. It just takes research into where and how to do it.
djfourmoney
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by djfourmoney »

have2fly wrote:
Make sense to me if you want to maintain your status. I don't know his story, but she tells me that he likes authentic brands including food brands. He will not buy (for example) Target cheese brand unless it's Kraft brand. I mean it's from food to clothes to technology to whatever it is.
Well, I consider myself Middle Class by American standards (75-100K), but I only shop at Whole Foods or Trader Joe's because I can FINALLY afford it. I am extremely happy that I don't shop for food anywhere else, since American food is a freaking chemical poison. But I am foreign, I don't give a shit about prestige of the grocery store, I grew up on organic stuff locally grown. Most of the food can be purchased through farm markets in Ukraine, those are everywhere within walking distance. Whole Foods seems to be the only place that sells food that is a close resemblance of what I used to eat in Ukraine.

Since I am European, there is a lot of demand from the East European society that you as a person develop and grow. Fashion and latest trends are VERY important. Basically, Europeans think of what they dress as not just comfortable or self-expression, but rather that it is important to make impression on other people. Why? Because people DO MEET on the streets, especially in Eastern Europe. The better you dress, the better people you attract, the better you feel etc. I do agree with that. Show off or not, it depends on you. The cheapest store I go to is Macy's to buy clothes. I can't afford Gucci yet :)
I dated a guy who used to work during our first two college years, but he couldn't get his old job back once he left home for the summer. He tried to apply for other jobs but couldn't get a job. I was willing to help and he knew it, so he became lazy after that. I was nice and kind enough to provide most of the time, but he was a j-e-r-k at the end of our relationship. He wasn't the best looking guy nor was he ugly either. I was the provider in our relationship even though at that time I made enough only for myself.
How do you even start dating an American girl? I don't even know! Everything is so f***ing INDIRECT and FAKE during the introduction, fake smiles, fake jokes... if the guy hints at having something personal - he comes out to be a freak. So you have to do this cocky-funny shit for a few weeks and desperately hope! SUCH BULL SHIT! So if you knew he was a jerk, why didn't you do anything about it? I never thought of using ANY girl! I never thought men use ANY girls until I moved to America. In Ukraine, a guy who is using a girl for his advantage is a loser for the society! Men are encouraging men to be MEN over there! Some Ukrainian dude will tell you: "Nikolay, pick up your lazy ass and go get a job since your wife Tanya is working and supporting the family." If you refuse, he will tell you: "Are you a man or not?"

So here I am. Independent, financially secure, still young, educated, intelligent, 6'00" tall, I am driving a nice car and live in an expensive apartment. Yes, I was on Match.com for 6 months and barely 2 women wrote me. Now if I was like this in Ukraine? My mailbox would get 10-20 emails per day at least!

You are saying you come from poor family. Well, WTF is wrong with American women? I see some American women try to fight for guys that are making $15 per hour, while I make three times as much, but I get no attention :) Am I not saying something right? My looks is fine, I dated lots of Russian girls since we have the same culture. American women are retarded, why not ask me how much I make and who I am? Nope, they all chase douchebags and jerks.
Forever is not required. 2Fly is Ukrainian, I don't think he's lighting a path back to his home country, its in a terrible state.
To be honest, if you have money, Ukraine isn't a bad place to be. Say, you live in Kiev - you can buy a decent 2 bedroom apartment in the suburbs for around $120,000, it will be in a very good condition or brand new. Subway is nearby, so you don't need a car. Otherwise, living in Kiev will allow you to enjoy all of the Western ammenities, such as electronics, shopping malls etc. Nightlife is WAY better than Miami, NYC and Chicago COMBINED! If people would only know that instead of spending $5,000 per night in Miami for VIP, they are much better off buying a ticket to Kiev, spending the same money will get them 10 times more fun and 100 times better looking women.
About cold: there is also Crimea in Ukraine, southern Crimean climate is similar to Atlanta, GA. If you live in Yalta, you only have snow 2-3 times a year. There are palm trees over there and beautiful sea views, mountains etc.

My friend is planning to move to Ukraine in 3-4 years from the U.S., he is planning to invest into real estate. He says he does not see any enjoyment out of living in America. He is married, he paid off his house and his car, but he just does not feel "home" in America. Amazingly, but many American-born citizens don't feel "home" in America as well :)
I agree, you can also live cheaply in Ukraine if you look hard enough. The local currency is not worth much...

I would only accept snow if my girl was hot enough to melt it...
S_Parc
Veteran Poster

Post by S_Parc »

have2fly wrote:To be honest, if you have money, Ukraine isn't a bad place to be. Say, you live in Kiev - you can buy a decent 2 bedroom apartment in the suburbs for around $120,000, it will be in a very good condition or brand new. Subway is nearby, so you don't need a car. Otherwise, living in Kiev will allow you to enjoy all of the Western ammenities, such as electronics, shopping malls etc. Nightlife is WAY better than Miami, NYC and Chicago COMBINED! If people would only know that instead of spending $5,000 per night in Miami for VIP, they are much better off buying a ticket to Kiev, spending the same money will get them 10 times more fun and 100 times better looking women.
Honestly, I don't even understand American millionaires, hanging out in NYC or Miami. The best nightlife with adult activity is Montreal Quebec and that's basically a 2-3hr flight from many midwestern and eastern USA locales. An investment banker can have everything there and fly into LaGuardia/NYC, in ~45 mins, on the Mon AM flight, for his work in the financial district. If I were making mint on Wall St, I'd buy a condo in Montreal QC, rent a storage unit in Manhattan to store my suits, and crash at a YMCA or NYU dorm room from Mon to Thurs nights.
have2fly wrote:About cold: there is also Crimea in Ukraine, southern Crimean climate is similar to Atlanta, GA. If you live in Yalta, you only have snow 2-3 times a year. There are palm trees over there and beautiful sea views, mountains etc.
Now, this is something new for me :)
have2fly wrote:My friend is planning to move to Ukraine in 3-4 years from the U.S., he is planning to invest into real estate. He says he does not see any enjoyment out of living in America. He is married, he paid off his house and his car, but he just does not feel "home" in America. Amazingly, but many American-born citizens don't feel "home" in America as well :)
If you don't love your job or your USA-centric hobbies, like if you're a part of some Muscle Car restoration team or Gettysburg re-enactment society, then the US sucks long term.
Seeker
Freshman Poster

Post by Seeker »

have2fly wrote:Since I am European, there is a lot of demand from the East European society that you as a person develop and grow. Fashion and latest trends are VERY important. Basically, Europeans think of what they dress as not just comfortable or self-expression, but rather that it is important to make impression on other people. Why? Because people DO MEET on the streets, especially in Eastern Europe. The better you dress, the better people you attract, the better you feel etc. I do agree with that. Show off or not, it depends on you. The cheapest store I go to is Macy's to buy clothes. I can't afford Gucci yet :)
The Ukraine sounds like a very superficial society that judges people by how much money they make and what brands they have on their clothes, this despite the fact that most Ukrainians hardly make anything and can't afford such items. I bet fake designer brands are all the rage there.

If American women are less interested than East European women in how much money you make that actually speaks well of their character when compared with their Slavic counterparts. East European women sound like gold digging leeches in their approach to foreign men, I've never heard anything positive regarding their character. They don't seem to have much going for them other than their sluttish good looks. If American women really fight over a guy with average pay they actually sound a lot better than East European gold digging whores. Maybe the guy on $15/hour has other qualities that you lack? If a woman were to ask me how much I make I would immediately lose interest in her, thankfully no woman has ever asked that. According to you it seems to be the norm with East European women.

A Russian guy I know said that of all the Russian women he knew who had gone abroad, all of them ended up with with at least two (usually more) boyfriends\fuckbuddies\sugar daddies in less than a week. And that's not something that merely happens often. It's an absolute 100% thing. Are these the women that are so highly regarded on here?
I never thought men use ANY girls until I moved to America. In Ukraine, a guy who is using a girl for his advantage is a loser for the society! Men are encouraging men to be MEN over there! Some Ukrainian dude will tell you: "Nikolay, pick up your lazy ass and go get a job since your wife Tanya is working and supporting the family." If you refuse, he will tell you: "Are you a man or not?"
But it's perfectly acceptable for a woman in Eastern Europe to be unemployed and supported by her partner right? That's the whole f***ing problem.
Last edited by Seeker on February 19th, 2012, 9:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
S_Parc
Veteran Poster

Post by S_Parc »

Seeker wrote:If American women are less interested than East European women in how much money you make that actually speaks well of their character when compared with their Slavic counterparts. East European women sound like gold digging leeches in their approach to foreign men, I've never heard anything positive regarding their character. They don't seem to have much going for them other than their sluttish good looks. If American women really fight over a guy with average pay they actually sound a lot better than East European gold digging whores. Maybe the guy on $15/hour has other qualities that you lack? If a woman were to ask me how much I make I would immediately lose interest in her, thankfully no woman has ever asked that. According to you it seems to be the norm with East European women.
Ok, that little bit above on AW's strengths almost sounds like a quote from my sister, during her armchair feminist days back in high school.

Sorry, but there's nothing admirable about my sister. In essence, her hubby is paying, with his shortened life, by marrying her. I expect him to have a stroke/coronary in another 5-15 years.

Look, I'm not going to jump on the eastern European bandwagon but please don't use AWs as the counterpoint. A better one would be a south American or Asian woman, who actually provides emotional support for their husbands and families. I have first hand experience/knowledge of the latter & it's nothing like the Gucci glutch golddiggers you've described.
momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by momopi »

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7OtY9lCQ ... h_response[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kdY8slrA ... re=related[/youtube]

Note chart @ 2:10 in video above. If you cannot find a good opportunity in Russia, pick another country from the list.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sponsored/ru ... xpats.html
have2fly
Junior Poster

Post by have2fly »

The Ukraine sounds like a very superficial society that judges people by how much money they make and what brands they have on their clothes, this despite the fact that most Ukrainians hardly make anything and can't afford such items. I bet fake designer brands are all the rage there.
I prefer to be judged by expensive clothes I wear rather than being judged like Americans - by tattoos, by facial expression or whatever else retarded shit. It's not about name brands, it's about "stylish" and "modern" fashion that you wear. Eastern Europeans are trying to "modernize", also there is still a mentality of "shortages" that existed during socialism. It is easy to understand - the country is very poor, therefore you strive to live better and look better. That's what is lost in America because people do have money in general, they lost all interest about their looks long time ago. The only well dressed American girls that I rarely see are BLACK! White girls are either fat as f**k or skinny as f**k without no ass. Anglo-saxon body structure is terrible, asses are small and flat, hourglass figure is extremely hard to find.
If American women are less interested than East European women in how much money you make that actually speaks well of their character when compared with their Slavic counterparts. East European women sound like gold digging leeches in their approach to foreign men, I've never heard anything positive regarding their character. They don't seem to have much going for them other than their sluttish good looks. If American women really fight over a guy with average pay they actually sound a lot better than East European gold digging whores. Maybe the guy on $15/hour has other qualities that you lack? If a woman were to ask me how much I make I would immediately lose interest in her, thankfully no woman has ever asked that. According to you it seems to be the norm with East European women.

A Russian guy I know said that of all the Russian women he knew who had gone abroad, all of them ended up with with at least two (usually more) boyfriends\fuckbuddies\sugar daddies in less than a week. And that's not something that merely happens often. It's an absolute 100% thing. Are these the women that are so highly regarded on here?
LOL. Actually you don't know anything about social dynamics over there. That's the part that is VERY hard to explain on the forum, since you haven't lived there. There is a saying in Russian language: "There are girls that we f**k, there are girls that we marry". Those 2 types of girls are different and serve different needs obviously. So whores and sluts definitely like a guy who have something to offer (not always, but usually). An average girl though is looking for a "head of the family" and "a strong man to support the family", this is very traditional by the way. As I said, I talked to one girl on Winston's website and she mentioned that she does not want to ever work in her life - I said good bye to her right away. So in general, Russian/FSU women judge you by what person you are - what you do, what you like, what you wear, what you say, how you act - everything combined. How the f**k do American girls evaluate you? By how much "you make her laugh" and how much "you make her cry"? By "this guy is gay, creep, pervert"? That's awesome! NOT! Russian/FSU girls evaluate man RIGHT AWAY - "is he going to be a good father to my children"? Do American girls ever think about a guy she is meeting as "being a father to her children"? I really doubt that! American girls just want to have fun, endless fun when you buy shit to her, but she will always be proud of her "female independence" and "female empowerment" crap.

The only traits American guy has over me is that he is simply an American. He is watching football, he loves burgers, pizza and Bud Light and he can brag about shit she is used to hearing. That's the whole thing - women in other countries accept any men since she evaluates him in so many things and she is open in so many ways.
But it's perfectly acceptable for a woman in Eastern Europe to be unemployed and supported by her partner right? That's the whole f***ing problem.
Why is it a problem? It was the case in America in 1960's. This was the case during the history of humanity - women stayed home and took care of the house and kids. This is a typical modern American mentality - you are afraid she is going to be using you. Everyone is scared of being used in America and wants to use someone else. Terrible shit, no trust to be seen between genders. Even with foreign women, all you see is Russian sluts. I've seen MANY of them, but I was also in love with a very sweet Ukrainian girl that we are still friends with. Good girls are hard to find in any country! It takes skills, experience and will to go all the way and get a decent woman. If you are some greedy dude that is looking for a cheap laborer and sexual service provider without any character, you will have to look only in Asia.
Seeker
Freshman Poster

Post by Seeker »

have2fly wrote:I prefer to be judged by expensive clothes I wear rather than being judged like Americans - by tattoos, by facial expression or whatever else retarded shit. It's not about name brands, it's about "stylish" and "modern" fashion that you wear. Eastern Europeans are trying to "modernize", also there is still a mentality of "shortages" that existed during socialism.
Ok the bolded part doesn't sound so bad, it sounded like you were saying Ukrainians judged people on what designer labels they wore. I have a cupboard full of clothes like that which I never wear anymore. I feel embarrassed to wear something with a big label on it like some kind of a walking advert, but wearing stylish clothes that suit a person is a good thing and I always try to do so.

Yes Anglosphere women are very unattractive, especially their personalities.
Why is it a problem? It was the case in America in 1960's. This was the case during the history of humanity - women stayed home and took care of the house and kids. This is a typical modern American mentality - you are afraid she is going to be using you. Everyone is scared of being used in America and wants to use someone else. Terrible shit, no trust to be seen between genders.
I'm from England not America but it's same shit here. Anyway the problem is that most guys, including me, don't want to support a leech who offers nothing in return. Just because something was the case throughout history it doesn't make it a good thing. Women can go and earn their own money now, and so they should. There's also the fact that it's hard to support an entire family on just one income these days. Of course this is the kind of thinking that's met with the response of "Aren't you a man?!", in countries like your homeland. In the better parts of Asia it's not like this at all. Even decent Thai women (who have an undeserved bad reputation) will try to help out with the expenses as best they can, correct me if I'm wrong but this doesn't seem to be the case in the FSU.
have2fly
Junior Poster

Post by have2fly »

I'm from England not America but it's same shit here. Anyway the problem is that most guys, including me, don't want to support a leech who offers nothing in return. Just because something was the case throughout history it doesn't make it a good thing. Women can go and earn their own money now, and so they should. There's also the fact that it's hard to support an entire family on just one income these days. Of course this is the kind of thinking that's met with the response of "Aren't you a man?!", in countries like your homeland. In the better parts of Asia it's not like this at all. Even decent Thai women (who have an undeserved bad reputation) will try to help out with the expenses as best they can, correct me if I'm wrong but this doesn't seem to be the case in the FSU.
OK, so you are British then. Don't you guys have lots of immigrants from Eastern Europe in all large cities? Finding a decent girl should be even easier than in America since UK is so close to their home countries, they would not get as home sick.

Yes and no. It all depends. In general, that's why FSU women are looking abroad, because they think that Russian/FSU men are lazy bastards that drink beer and watch football all day long while she has to go to work, cook, clean and support the family in the same time. There are also women that "take advantage" of the traditional roles - they don't cook, don't clean and want a free ride - watch TV all night long and spend your money. Screw them! I've seen many of them, it is true. Due to lack of cultural knowledge and language barrier - American/Anglo men are often choosing these women. The funny part - American/Anglo men are often looking for a Russian/FSU slave, who will cook and clean and a Russian/FSU girl is looking for a rich dude to spend his money and do nothing with her life... When those 2 find each other and get married each lying to the other about love and expectations... Oh... I laugh my ass off watching those couples, I've seen them here in America.

In general, if I am able to support a family and I truly am in love with a girl - I will not demand that she has to be employed full time. However, I will insist that she gets any part-time job just to cover her expenses. Afterall, if I go through all that hardship of bringing a woman over here - I want to see her after I finish work and I want her to help me - clean, cook or just get some emotional support etc. One big part: in Eastern European culture connection of mother and her child is viewed as very important. Breast feeding is viewed as being important as well. Therefore, I will insist and do everything I can to keep my wife at home for at least 6 months to 1 year until she recovers after pregnancy and spends that year with a child. Although I am very modern in many ways, I am very old school about E Euro family traditions. In E Europe it is also normal to have children raised by grandparents instead of sending them to kindergarten. I know many Russians/FSU here in America that bring grandparents over from Russia/FSU to watch after the children during the day. It comes out to be cheaper financially to have her parents come to America live with you and watch after kids, since kindergarten in America is about $1,000 per month. But American/Anglo culture DOES NOT like nor support different generations living in one house, people struggle with working long hours rather than lose some of the privacy and "independence", did I say independence? I meant "loneliness".