American in Mexico...why go to Eastern Europe or Asia?

Introduce yourself here and let us know who you are.
Forum rules
Welcome. If you are new here, please read the Forum Rules.
OutWest
Veteran Poster

Post by OutWest »

Rock wrote:
AmericanInMexico wrote:
Now to answer your questions, as far as age goes, women in Mexico tend to be more liberal than Americans when it comes to age, but not as liberal as the Phillipines. 50-year-old men in Mexico will never be found with 20-year-old women unless there is money involved. Now a 30-year-old man with a 20-year-old woman, that happens a lot. The age discrepancy in rural/ranch Mexico tends to be more permissive than in urban Mexico; most women in urban Mexico seem to prefer a man no more than 5 years older (although I have seen exceptions.)
Well, I'm pretty sure there's also almost always money involved when early 20s Filipinas date 50 year old men. Correct me if I'm wrong you PI experts.
The more inclined the man is to buy his way in, the more likely he is to have that experience. With that assumption as a background, many men experience just that. Hmmm, now that I think about it, there is usually money involved when American woman mate with American men...of any age.
Bought and paid for Filipinas? Of course it happens. Many times the girl will experience real pressure from her family not to blow her"big chance".
I suppose in some cases it may even be seen as the man paying a girl to treat him well, which by the way, is FAR superior to paying a girl to treat you
like shit, as in the USA...where it is like paying to get a fork jammed in your eye.

What percentage of American women would say they want a man who is has stability, no matter his age? They wouldn't be talking about assets now would they? (assets or prospects for assets) A significant number of Filipinas do in fact see a considerable age gap as OK, and see older man as kinder, more faithful, and wiser. Now as I am just past 50, with a lower 20s former GF..now wife, I might wonder the same thing. She should graduate this coming year with an engineering degree, and her father who is also an engineer is pretty well connected and can easily set his daughter up upon graduation if she needs it. We have no plans to live in the USA, and there is no Divorce/alimony in the Philippines. My wife is highly motivated to finish her degree...her dad and mom want a grandchild...well at the very least, one might conclude that Filipinas are usually more open-minded about age differences.

outwest
Falcon
Experienced Poster

Post by Falcon »

Thanks for sharing your story. I am a college student living in Southern California, but am currently in a long-distance relationship with a girl in rural south-central Mexico. See viewtopic.php?t=11808

As for:
As for rural/ranch Mexico, you will have a much higher chance at success there than in indigenous Mexico, but it will still be a struggle. Most of the Mexicans who live in rural/ranch Mexico are mestizos, mixed White/Native American. They do speak Spanish and don't get married as early as the girls in indigenous Mexico, but still get married relatively young (around age 20). The main problem with dating women in rural/ranch Mexico though is that many of them do not seem open to the idea of dating a foreign man. I did manage to date one girl in rural/ranch Mexico but only one; most other girls would be friendly to me but not consider me dating material. People in rural/ranch Mexico are extremely nice though and I love visiting villages because they always make me such good food and invite me in to their houses. I have many good friends in rural/ranch Mexico, it's just not a dating goldmine like urban Mexico is.
I've actually had the opposite experience, and personally enjoy small towns and rural areas more. Nevertheless I'm very glad to know that you're having a great time in Mexico!
magnum
Junior Poster

Post by magnum »

Hmm, No asian women at all in mexico hu?

I know they have a china town, maybe it would be the perfect mix of race and culture!
Falcon
Experienced Poster

Post by Falcon »

magnum wrote:Hmm, No asian women at all in mexico hu?

I know they have a china town, maybe it would be the perfect mix of race and culture!
Yes there are some of them working inside restaurants. Most of them are multilingual in Spanish, Mandarin, Cantonese, and sometimes English. I usually speak Mandarin with them but I use Spanish if they're non-Mandarin ("putonghua") speakers. But they're all older than me though, since I'm just a college student. Many also came to Mexico because their husbands had brought them there.

I still like the local mestizo girls better. It's a bit hard to explain exactly why that's the case. I guess it's the same with Winston and SE Asian ladies. ;)
magnum
Junior Poster

Post by magnum »

Well I'm in my 20s, and intend on finding a younger woman.

I've thought about it, but I'm honestly too fixated on the asian women to go for the mexican ladies, even though I really do like how they treat men, and it would make my life a world easier seeing as I'm in cali.

A small drive is better ten a flight a world away, but I'm on a mission for the asians!
Falcon
Experienced Poster

Post by Falcon »

Yes, Asian ladies are great! It's just that I haven't had the chance to travel to Asia by myself yet. If I did go, I might have ended up with a Filipina or Chinese lady. Who knows.

The only Latin American countries with very large Asian communities are Peru and Brazil, where you'll definitely see Asian ladies your age. But since airfares from the US to South America are the same as the ones from the US to East or Southeast Asia, I think going to Southeast Asia (esp. Philippines) directly would be a lot better. Sure, the travel costs might be a bit expensive at first, but I think it's a great investment and is much cheaper in the long run. You're not going to need a nice house, car, and all that other stuff in the US which will cost hundreds of thousands of dollars.

But why Asian women over Latinas, Europeans, Africans?
Jaguar
Freshman Poster

Post by Jaguar »

I have to say some posts were quite informative, and that was what made me become a member. It's great to share useful information. I'll be traveling to Mexico, and I have two questions:

a) Do Mexican women in Mexico prefer American or European (e.g. Italian, Greek) men? Yes, of course it depends on the woman, but i mean generally speaking. I'm not talking about falling in love or anything serious.

b) Would a Mexican woman prefer to sleep with a guy who is moving there because she thinks that she has the potential of a serious relationship to develop, or would she sleep with a traveler because he's out of town the next day and she can have all the great sex with him and nobody will know since he's leaving the next day?

Honesty and accuracy please!:)
It's not how many breaths you take in life, but the moments that take your breath away.
Falcon
Experienced Poster

Post by Falcon »

(a) Short answer: No, unless (1) they are upper/middle-class white Mexicans, (2) you are knowledgeable enough about their culture, and/or charismatic, (3) they are digging for cash and visas.

Middle-class white Mexican women would prefer American or European men, as AmericanInMexico reported. To be honest, most of the common/lower-class Mexican women would prefer men who know their culture well. They will be curious about other men, but at the end of the day they will prefer to be with their own kind (culturally). In other words, the ones who can speak Spanish with a Mexican accent and mexicanimos (Mexican expressions), the ones who know how to dance to banda and norteño music, and so on. I'd highly recommend speaking good Spanish and making friends with the local men beforehand.

Honestly, many Mexicans don't like it when unacculturated foreigners come into their country just to look for women. (As a side note, many Central and South Americans stereotype Mexicans as being obnoxiously nationalistic and ethnocentric.) Mexico is not like the Philippines or Thailand where simply being a white American will automatically make you "hot stuff." But if you delve deep into their culture, locals will encourage you to be with a local girl as a way of further accepting and integrating you into their society. One good way is to get to know an entire extended family very well through home visits and so on.

Keep in mind that Hispanics are the most endogamous group in the United States, even more than Asians. Studies have shown that Asians actually place educational attainment and social class over racial/cultural endogamy when choosing marriage partners, whereas it is the opposite for Hispanics.

(b) Especially in the more conservative areas, Latin American women will not sleep with you unless you are at least engaged to her. Middle-class people in large cities are different though. In rural areas - do not sleep with the local women (other than prostitutes) unless you are very committed to her, or else you could get yourself into some serious trouble with her family and what not. Rural Latin Americans are highly protective of their sisters and daughters, and careful about maintaining their honor. Same goes for less developed regions of Asia.

See also:
viewtopic.php?t=10281
viewtopic.php?t=12600
viewtopic.php?t=12601

You might also want to see my list of relevant posts for some helpful tips, opinions, and trip reports. viewtopic.php?t=12555
Jaguar
Freshman Poster

Post by Jaguar »

Thank you so much for answering my question. You are very informative, as I expected, since I read many of your previous ads. I checked out the links you gave me, thank you.

a) Thank you for your response. I have to apologize though, as I think I didn't make myself clear. It was my mistaken way of phrasing the question. What I was trying to say is not whether they like foreigners over Mexicans, but whether Mexican women prefer American men over Italian men and Greek men, or if they prefer Italian and Greek men over American men. Which man do you think has generally speaking more chances scoring with a Mexican woman in Mexico: American, Italian, Greek, or unidentified European?

b) I am not planning on hitting on any Mexican woman in rural areas, but only is cities. Why? Because I read a previous post of yours:) As I said, you are very informative and I thank you for that. In rural areas, I don't think I'll be able to distinguish between local and not local women, so I might as well avoid them all and merely do sightseeing while in rural areas, no women. I'll travel all over Mexico. Which cities should I have in mind for scoring with Mexican women? Mexico city I'd imagine? Where else? Also, what places in cities would suggest I try? Bars? Malls? Which ones? Can you name a few?

c) Do you know how I can change my username on this site?:)
It's not how many breaths you take in life, but the moments that take your breath away.
Falcon
Experienced Poster

Post by Falcon »

You're very welcome - anytime. :wink:

(a) My impression is that they would prefer Southern Europeans over Americans, because that's basically half of their ancestry! But your personality would matter more than the American vs. European issue. Mexican women generally wouldn't prefer Americans over Europeans or vice versa, because they see both groups as "white" or "foreign." However, I do believe that being European has a slight advantage over being American, since you're less likely to be subject to anti-American stereotypes that they may harbor. The advantage should be even bigger if you claim Southern European heritage. Remember, Mexico's heritage is half Southern European, and half Amerindian.

If you are Italian, it would be useful to tell Mexicans about the similarities between Italian language/culture and Spanish language/culture. They will see you more related to them than Americans are. In fact, there is a town in Michoacán called Nueva Italia ("New Italy"), because it was founded by Italian immigrants. Or if you are Greek, try mentioning the similarities in cuisines, etc. For Germans, try talking about German polkas. Mexican country music (norteño, banda) is heavily based off German polka music. The accordion and tuba, which are wildly popular in Mexico, were introduced to Mexico by German immigrants.

I know a Mexican woman who is married to an Italian man, and they have a really good-looking son. :wink:

(b) Well, maybe for you, rural women might actually work better! If you tell me more about yourself, I'll probably be able to give you more specific advice. For instance, your interests, your age and looks, Spanish-speaking ability, former experience with women, whether you're a classy "city boy," simple "country boy," etc.

It all depends on your personality, vibe, and so on. Try talking to women of all social classes. I'm not sure which post you were referring to, but that was probably the one where I was talking about AmericanInMexico's observation that white Mexican women like him more than the "brown" ones. In that case, I was referring to your typical white American male with very Anglo/Nordic looks and mannerisms (it's just to give you an idea; no stereotyping intended). Personally, my girlfriend is from a rural area, and I click more with rural Mexican girls.

If you have dark hair or look tanner, you'll probably blend in physically.

Try the three biggest metropolitan areas of Mexico: Mexico City, Guadalajara, and Monterrey. Guadalajara is a favorite destination for European tourists to visit, so I'd recommend that city for sure. Be sure to stay in hostels, because those are excellent places for getting to know new people.

Reommended hostels:
Mexico City: Hostel Amigo - http://www.hostelamigo.com
Guadajalara: Hostel de Maria

You can first try hostels, and from there, get to expand your social circles! Mexicans usually have plenty of siblings, cousins, and friends that they would love to introduce to foreigners, so that's why getting to know girls through friendly connections works so well. Mercados (markets) and plazas are excellent places to get to know people as well. Bars could work too, but keep in mind that good girls aren't so common in bars. :P Malls generally aren't good for picking up girls, because people there tend to be more materialistic (forum members here report being ignored by women in shopping malls in the Philippines!).

Colibri, a female Mexican forum member here, recommends getting to know girls in public areas by asking them for directions, haha. :) Just ask them about where a street, park, historical site, or museum is located, and chat them up from there. This method works really well if you have good Spanish.

Some people report great success finding women in Mexico, and others don't. Don't be disappointed if you don't - just be sure to have lots of fun! :D

(c) PM Winston, and he can change your username for you. PhoenixSosa has already done so.

PM AmericanInMexico for tips on dating middle-class white Mexican girls. He's the master on that. :)
Jaguar
Freshman Poster

Post by Jaguar »

I sent a private message to Winston for username change, thanks. How can I send you a private message? It's hard to find you on the member kist because it's not in alphabetical order and I cannot click on your username here.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Christoforos wrote:I sent a private message to Winston for username change, thanks. How can I send you a private message? It's hard to find you on the member kist because it's not in alphabetical order and I cannot click on your username here.
To send a PM to a forum member, click on the PM button in their post, or click their user name and on their profile page, click the PM button.

I'll check my PM about your user name change.

Welcome to the forum.

Winston
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
johnparker16
Freshman Poster

Post by johnparker16 »

Appears to be like South america is not for me, really. As far as being 50+ with 20+ season olds , in the Belgium the ladies seem to like mature folks interval. Age basically does not issue. And 50 is not old if you look OK. I'll keep with the PI. Of course, it is not possible for a young lady to really like a man who is 300 lbs all creased up with no the pearly whites and no tresses but they still strongly believe in looking at the within not the outside but it is typical cuortesy to try and not look like an obese hippo when you are with a youthful lady.
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by ladislav »

Hispanics do kind of form one linguistic/common cultural group while people that are called Asians in the US, do not. Unless they are English speakers. Something to be noted.
Last edited by ladislav on March 1st, 2012, 7:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A brain is a terrible thing to wash!
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by ladislav »

The difference between Hispanic endogamy and Asian endogamy is that if you are in a Hispanic country and you do your best to integrate, you will integrate and assimilate and be treated as just another human being and be accepted on fair and local terms. Russia is also the same way for the most part as long as you "kind of" look like them.

In many Oriental Asian countries ( the Philippines is not included as it is kind of a Malay Polynesian country rather than Oriental) you are attractive if you 'do not integrate' and often annoy them if you do. Nice to have a blond/blue eyed boyfriend to learn English from. Kind of awkward to see a white person speaking the local language fluently and acting local. Some find it to be an insult. You are never 100 percent human to them. Many see you as a freak and a nuisance. There have been some who have been integrated but they are an exception to the rule.

Also keep in mind that all these studies about endogamy of groups were done on US soil, hence they are myopic. Most Hispanics that I have met do not like being in the US - they go there for money- same as Americans going to Iraq and Saudi Arabia. But many get stuck in the US when they have families and kids at school. They feel alienated and discriminated against. So, they keep to themselves.

Asians who go to the US are the ones who generally like being there, who like the American mainstream culture and who want to integrate into it . They are not typical Asians. At least the young people are not. They are Americans in the making. Hence, dating successful white men is seen as a way into the " elite" of the US.

Also, Asians who go to live in the US are also mainly the ones who have some kind of education or business acumen.
Hispanics who go to live in the US are the ones who were not able to find work in their home countries. Rich Latinos would not as a rule go to the US. This is why you almost never see Mexican doctors, lawyers, intellectuals migrating to the US.
Asians in their countries act differently from Asians in the USA. Hispanics in their countries also act differently from US Hispanics.
Asians are more accepting of whites in the US but less so in their countries. Hispanics are less accepting of others in the US but more so in their countries.
A brain is a terrible thing to wash!