Women and Pets

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
onezero4u
Freshman Poster

Post by onezero4u »

dam....i love dogs!

im totally socially adjusted with humans but often prefer the company of my hound...

hes quiet, cheerful, loving & loyal, grateful, agreeable, ready to go anywhere within 15 seconds and never asks for money or argues etc haha
marriage is a 3 ring circus: engagement ring, wedding ring and then suffering.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Dogboy86
Freshman Poster

Post by Dogboy86 »

"Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity"!!!
Bijou
Freshman Poster

Post by Bijou »

Dogboy86 wrote:Bijou, I think that's what everyone else here is saying as well. I work with dogs every day and get a lot of female attention in doing so. It isn't my goal or desire to get this type of attention only a byproduct of my job. I don't date women where I work and don't find the idea of a K9 groupy very attractive eather...
With the exclusion of dogs with professions: k9, dogs for blind people and etc. I didn't mean to offend Dogboy86 and his job. Sorry.
Dogboy86
Freshman Poster

Post by Dogboy86 »

Bijou wrote:
Dogboy86 wrote:Bijou, I think that's what everyone else here is saying as well. I work with dogs every day and get a lot of female attention in doing so. It isn't my goal or desire to get this type of attention only a byproduct of my job. I don't date women where I work and don't find the idea of a K9 groupy very attractive eather...
With the exclusion of dogs with professions: k9, dogs for blind people and etc. I didn't mean to offend Dogboy86 and his job. Sorry.
No offence taken, I just wanted to make that distinction... :)
"Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity"!!!
adria2789
Freshman Poster

Re: Women and Pets

Post by adria2789 »

NorthAmericanguy wrote:
Falcon wrote:Western women enjoy pets so much, especially dogs. This really makes me re-think the idiomatic expression "treated like an animal." Also it reminds me of Emiliano Zapata's quip that horses were treated better than Indians in the Mexican state of Morelos.

Don't get me wrong - I do like animals. I even have a falcon as my avatar. But there's too much hype over domesticated creatures nowadays.

Just a few days ago on my college campus, I saw an elderly lady walking two miniature-breed dogs. She was constantly being surrounded by groups of girls who kept petting and caressing the dogs.

- "OMG it's so cute!"
- "Here doggy! Awww."
- "He's sooo adorable!"

I've gotten this kind of treatment from Filipinas and Latinas, which really shocked me. Being surrounded by groups of girls and adored. :shock: That's reserved for pets only in America!

But Western never seem to do this to fellow human beings, except if it's other girls or some scumbag celebrity. Some American women constantly visit all kinds of furry creatures at animal shelters, but never care about visiting convalescent homes where real people in misery actually live in. In high school I knew a girl who was a big fan of doggies, kitties, bunnies, koalas, and what not. But she had a nasty attitude towards real people in real life.

Good topic and I know what you mean. It's really F**** up. People are HOMELESS, but yet, if you go the banks nowadays, for example, they have jars with free doggie biscuits that they give out to the customers to feed their dogs.

As far as the girl having a nasty attitude towards people, but not animals, there might be an explanation for it. She might have had a bad experience with a human (i.e. molestation, rape, abuse) and then later on realized that animals were more humane and that they could be trusted.
In many peoples eyes, pets can't do any wrong. They generally not rob, steal, betray or seriously harm their owners or others. They are usually harmless creatures that just need food, shelter and companionship. A dog won't steal money from you or lie to you about it's whereabouts. A cat won't ditch you for it's boyfriend/girlfriend. A parrot won't argue with you when you return from school/work/etc. :lol: It's easier to trust them to the extent they are ususally harmless. They are easier to live with but require money to take care of.

I am fond of animals myself but can't stand those little yappy dogs that girls usually get. My sister lives with a middle class Asian American girl (Vietnamese/Chinese?) that has a little yappy Chihuahua mix dog named Chalupa. Chalupa barks at every new person who comes to their place. It follow you around and the place smells of poo :evil: I'm more of a cat person. I like dogs just the bigger breads like golden retrievers and siberian huskies.
"Preservation of one's own culture does not require contempt or disrespect for other cultures." - Cesar Chavez
momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by momopi »

From observation, small dogs need to pee more frequently than larger ones. For breeds like chihuahua, they need to be walked (or let out) every 3-4 hours, and are not suitable as indoor dogs if you intend to keep them locked up for 8+ hours at a time.

Even if you train smaller dogs to pee in a specific area inside the house, it's still not ideal and will make your house reek. My ex had 4 small indoor dogs and it was quite a mess.

Dogs are great ice-breakers with women, but I wouldn't recommend getting a dog unless if you have a yard and am responsible enough to look after your dog. Also many cities now have codes on barking dogs, so you'd need to have your dog trained or else you might get a citation.
Falcon
Experienced Poster

Post by Falcon »

I play musical instruments in public, and those are the perfect icebreakers. No need to feed and bathe the instruments either. :P

The only pets I've had before were aquarium fish. When I told my girlfriend about the fish, she asked me if I raised them for food, hahaha. That's because she is a farm girl. Her family raises their own chickens.
NorthAmericanguy
Veteran Poster

Re: Women and Pets

Post by NorthAmericanguy »

adria2789 wrote:
In many peoples eyes, pets can't do any wrong. They generally not rob, steal, betray or seriously harm their owners or others. They are usually harmless creatures that just need food, shelter and companionship. A dog won't steal money from you or lie to you about it's whereabouts. A cat won't ditch you for it's boyfriend/girlfriend. A parrot won't argue with you when you return from school/work/etc. :lol: It's easier to trust them to the extent they are ususally harmless. They are easier to live with but require money to take care of.

I am fond of animals myself but can't stand those little yappy dogs that girls usually get. My sister lives with a middle class Asian American girl (Vietnamese/Chinese?) that has a little yappy Chihuahua mix dog named Chalupa. Chalupa barks at every new person who comes to their place. It follow you around and the place smells of poo :evil: I'm more of a cat person. I like dogs just the bigger breads like golden retrievers and siberian huskies.

Yes, this is definitely true.^^

Speaking of animals, what kind of animals do you guys like?

As for myself, I'm into the terrier breeds; in particular, the Bull Terrier. Bull Terriers can put up a good fight like pit bulls, but the difference with Bull Terriers is that they can double as guard dogs.

davidmorison
Freshman Poster

Post by davidmorison »

You are right women can more take care of pet according to men.because they have soft hearted and easily understand pet's feeling.

dog grooming orange county
Renata
Experienced Poster

Post by Renata »

I like dogs & cats but not in the house they should live outside. I think it's not hygienic to have them inside due to the hair & stuff. I don't like bathing them or cleaning up after them so I think I'm the type that will stick to cats or fish. I had a turtle aquarium when i was little they're nice to watch.
- It's easy to give, when you know what it's like to have nothing. -

- Develop a backbone, not a wishbone. -
OutsideoftheBox
Freshman Poster

Post by OutsideoftheBox »

Contrarian Expatriate wrote:This animal/pet obsession is a symptom of the lack of interpersonal closeness in the culture. In other words, pet obsessors are compensating for their lack of human connection. Pets have no choice but to unconditionally accept the person that feeds and cares for them. American women confuse this "care affinity" for "unconditional love," so the narcissistic supply continues for these difficult women.
It's not just American females. I've noticed white American males kind of have the same fixation on animals; treating them better than actual humans beings. In fact, one white male I know is incredibly dysfunctional, taking medication, childish, argumentative, etc.

And he has two cats, just like a bitch, which he talks to like "Hey babies...."

He doesn't know how to conduct himself when talking with actual HUMANS. However, the cats rely on him and can't tell him to shut the f**k up; so they give him what he can't get from humans due to his mangina-like demeanor.
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

momopi wrote:Walking a cute dog is a great way to meet girls. Women love cute dogs, and having a well groomed dog means you're a responsible pet owner type person.

Good counterpoint.
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

Falcon wrote:
The only pets I've had before were aquarium fish. When I told my girlfriend about the fish, she asked me if I raised them for food, hahaha.
Nothing like a resourceful Latina!!

Se gusta ceviche?

:wink:
Falcon
Experienced Poster

Post by Falcon »

Jester wrote:Nothing like a resourceful Latina!!

Se gusta ceviche?

:wink:
Since her family lives up at some pretty high altitudes with lots of pine forests, she rarely eats fish, but eats a lot of chicken. Her family has a chicken coop with dozens of them that they raise for themselves. A few times during our telephone conversations, I would suddenly hear some really intense clucking. That's when she would be feeding the chickens while talking to me at the same time. :D

Her father had built the family house himself many years ago, and they have their own corn field. This is all thanks to Mexico's system of ejidos. On the contrary, in the U.S., big agribusiness has long since driven small family-owned farms into extinction. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ejido

Nevertheless, my girlfriend loves wild animals. She was absolutely charmed by my stories of encounters with seagulls, deer, rabbits, opossums, raccoons, squirrels, and other creatures and critters in California. She even asked me to bring a bunny from California to Mexico "just for her." Of course, if I had ever tried to do so, the U.S. border cops would have nabbed me and gotten me into big trouble even before I would have crossed the border.
Renata
Experienced Poster

Post by Renata »

that's really a nice life she has falcon. I stayed in a cabin surrounded by pine trees one weekend in venezuela & the smell was wonderful, I'm sure you know what I mean. If I was rich enough or had a steady stable income flowing in that's where I would want to live & settle & have 3-4 kids lol

Have you ever eaten their home grown chickens? Did you notice the meat's texture is tougher & darker & tastes better than what we buy. Some of my family have farms too & the meat, eggs & veges you get can't compare to what we buy. Natural fruits have dark brown/black spots on them but taste delicious & are good; store bought are always perfect & lasts really long. I think most of the stuff we buy are GMF genetically modified foods.

Your girl & her family are living a life much better than most of us. I seriously got to think about where I should really be & what I should be doing.
- It's easy to give, when you know what it's like to have nothing. -

- Develop a backbone, not a wishbone. -