Possible deportation back to the Phillipines

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.
MzNayniki
Freshman Poster

Possible deportation back to the Phillipines

Post by MzNayniki »

I have lived in the US for 24 years. Since I was 2. Because of a little trouble(that every freakin other teenage american gets into - Less than oz of MJ) I am subject to deportation back to the Phillipines. I am stuck in the US with no way of working, can't drive, can't do shit. I am really looking into what it would be like to return to my country of origin. I guess my question is, what would it be like for an Americanized Phillipine Native....broke may I add with 2 kids.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

What kind of trouble? Aren't you a US citizen? If so, you can't just be deported like that. Care to elaborate more?
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Rock »

Winston wrote:What kind of trouble? Aren't you a US citizen? If so, you can't just be deported like that. Care to elaborate more?
Winston, he's prolly just got a green card. I frequently meet US deportees when I visit Lat Am and Carribean. Many relatively minor crimes in USA will get you deported and banned if you are just permanent resident or tourist, even if you are very young and have been in USA most of your life.

When I visited Haiti last year, I met this guy who was deported back as a young man over 20 years ago. Check out his Youtube. He's miserable being stuck in Haiti.

ph_visitor
Freshman Poster

Re: Possible deportation back to the Phillipines

Post by ph_visitor »

MzNayniki wrote:I have lived in the US for 24 years. Since I was 2. Because of a little trouble(that every freakin other teenage american gets into - Less than oz of MJ) I am subject to deportation back to the Phillipines. I am stuck in the US with no way of working, can't drive, can't do shit. I am really looking into what it would be like to return to my country of origin. I guess my question is, what would it be like for an Americanized Phillipine Native....broke may I add with 2 kids.
Every other teenage american does NOT get caught in possession of MJ.

You f***ed up, you broke the law, you aren't an American citizen. Bye-Bye.

Break the law in ANY country as a resident alien, and you go away.
MzNayniki
Freshman Poster

My replies to all

Post by MzNayniki »

No, my mother is a Phillipine citizen and married an American when I was just a few months old. So we moved here, I obtained and maintained a Permanent Resident Card throughout my duration here in the States.

I have 2 US citizen children, I am a single mother. My immigration attorney told me my chances of being deported are 50/50. I can't stake the lives of my children on a 50% chance.

To the very last poster, that was just a little mean. I have been in this country for almost 25 years. Yes, I still committed a crime, but to me, it's one of the most commonly committed crime. I didn't murder or commit a robbery. It was a mistake I made when I was just a young naive girl. That's all. There was no need to make me feel more like shit about this. Because I've been in this country so long, I was never warned of the stipulations of what being a NON-US citizen would entail, otherwise, I would of never touched that shit. I was young, in that experimental phase. Nothing more, nothng less. Since, I've never done it again, for this reason. I paid my dues through the US court system, this feel almost like double jeopardy. So please, all I'm doing is asking for help and advice, I can't deal with any kind of negativity in this already tough situation for me. Like I said, I completely understand what I did, and the consequences thta came along with it, which I took full responsibility for.

My one and main concern really is, work. When I go, even though I am a Phillipine citizen, when I apply for a job and the second I open my mouth to speak they will know IMMEDIATELY I was raised there.

I have not been back since coming to the states. I do not know Tagolog, my mother speaks is fluently and is TRYING to teach me lol. I can make some dishes, but as far as that, I have AMERICANIZED in every way possible.

If there's more info I missed please let me know and I'll be more than happy to explain.

Thank you sooooo much to those who have responded to this, I am trying to do as much research as I can, but it's just difficult when I have no idea what I'm looking, aside from the basics.

Thanks again,
Diana
MzNayniki
Freshman Poster

Post by MzNayniki »

Oh one other thing, I have a a great background in the restaurant industry. Could there be a way I could contact a fast food chain there and somehow set up pre-employment? Send resume..what ever they need. But could that be possible?
MzNayniki
Freshman Poster

Post by MzNayniki »

Oh one other thing, I have a a great background in the restaurant industry. Could there be a way I could contact a fast food chain there and somehow set up pre-employment? Send resume..what ever they need. But could that be possible?
PaulB
Freshman Poster

Post by PaulB »

Things you got going against you:
1. 26 (?) years old - sadly, already approaching old age in the Philippine work force.
2. Single mother of two kids - are you receiving child support? If not, this is going to hinder you greatly.
3. Cannot speak Tagalog - learn as fast as you possibly can.
4. No skills or experience except in the restaurant industry (worthless).

Things you got going for you:
1. American accent. That's pretty much it.

Advice:
1. Reach out to your family. Can your parents take care of your kids in the US? That would give them a much better upbringing than in the Phils and lower your expenses considerably. Do you have family in Manila? Maybe you can stay with them for a while, at least until you get yourself established.
2. Start job hunting on Jobstreet. Your best bet will probably be at a call center working either as an agent or American accent trainer. Starting salary is 15-20k pesos per month, which is considered a nice salary for locals but will be peanuts to someone who grew up in America. Also try to find various ways to "sideline," whether it's writing articles or teaching English to Koreans.
3. Lower your living standards immediately. If you will be earning a local salary, you are not going to be able to afford many 1st world luxuries. While you're in the US, learn how to cook cheap meals and how to handwash laundry. Have any hobbies that require money? Say goodbye to those.
4. Are you cute? If so, you may want to consider getting a sugar daddy, or several. Anything to keep costs down.
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Rock »

Also look into online teaching of Russians and Chinese. I think Lad supports himself in PI by doing that. Perhaps you can ask him more details via PM. I think it pays US$10 or more per hour (higher for Russians).

I truly sympathize with your position. US laws on marajuana are totaly messed up. In parts of California, you can be in compliance with state and local laws yet be committing a felony at the federal level with a sentencing guidline of over 25 years. In practice, they let certain things happen I think but once you cross certain lines, they nail you. Anyway, it sounds to me like you are no worse than an average naive kid. I'm sorry to hear of your plight and I hope you can somehow make it work well for both you and yoru family. Stay strong. Perhaps you will find cerain aspects of life in the PI much better than the US. After all, this site is about just that, finding a better life outside the US. PI has very easygoing and pleasant people. Its certainly not Haiti, lol.
Mr S
Veteran Poster

Post by Mr S »

It all depends on your education background. If you have a college degree in something useful you should try that, or that degree can get you into the call center industry in PI. However, unless you have decent skills in something you aren't going to make much more than 20,000 pesos a month in PI. You might make more if you have some kind of skills that are useful for the call center industry but even then it will probably still be under 30k a month.

Also women in PI that are over 25 are already considered old and businesses practice age discrimination big time when hiring.

You need to either open your own business or try to make online income somehow to be able to survive in a middle class lifestyle. Since you only speak English but look Filipino you will be discriminated against and have a hard time doing things cause the locals will think your rich and raise prices when you buy things.

If you have to bring your kids with you, you are doubly screwed. PI for an Americanized woman is totally shit to live in and you will probably hate it after a few months of living there.

If your not married you may want to compromise and find a dude in another Western country that is looking for marriage and a family. It may not be the ideal situation but would be better than living in PI and you would be able to get residency in the other country once married.
"The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." Marcus Aurelius, Roman Emperor and stoic philosopher, 121-180 A.D.
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by ladislav »

If you are looking for an online position teaching English to Russians, please get in touch with me. Also some girls I know teach Koreans online and they are making about P30,000 a month + without leaving home.
A brain is a terrible thing to wash!
Raja
Freshman Poster

Post by Raja »

Mr S wrote: If you have to bring your kids with you, you are doubly screwed. PI for an Americanized woman is totally shit to live in and you will probably hate it after a few months of living there.

If your not married you may want to compromise and find a dude in another Western country that is looking for marriage and a family. It may not be the ideal situation but would be better than living in PI and you would be able to get residency in the other country once married.
I am curious, do you mean another western country? Would the US issue a spousal visa to a woman they deported? Would men who are looking at the stereotypical Filipina go halfway around the world to find an American raised single mother? However she will be even more culturally similar to westerners then her Philippines raised sisters

Diana, hopefully your mother was what many saw as the nightmare bride and continued to support her family back home so now the extended family will take you in. At worst perhaps you will relieve a youngest daughter of her burden to care for her parents
MzNayniki
Freshman Poster

Thanks

Post by MzNayniki »

Thank you to everyone that responded, I deeply appreciate it. I received a call from my lawyer stating that the percentage has dropped for the probability of me being able to stay here. So yes, I am screwed.

I may leave my girls here for a little until I am, if I am able to find a suitable home base for us there. I AM married to a US Citizen, but we he has just filed for divorce. So again, I'm screwed.

I really may look into teaching English, as the last poster replied. I do not have a college degree, but did graduate HS at 16 with honors. I just started having kids and when it didn't work out with their father, I was left as a single mother.

This is probably the most overwhelming situation a person can be placed in. I do have a question for all of you that live there, my mother does NOT have an extended family. She actually has NO family there. She does have a sister, whom she can not find. It is heartbreaking. When my mother was young, she told me she walked outside one day in the Phill and both of her parent's heads were hanging from a nearby tree. She of course is terrified of what may happen when I go back, she would probably go for a visit with me, it's just her life is here. I am reaching out to a few of her Filipina friends that are here and mayble hoping that they have family back home that would be willing to assist me get on my feet. Anyway my question for you, for those who are living there, would those mind when I ended up getting there, helping me around? Showing me things? This will be my first time in the Phill since I was 2.

Oh one thing, how is 26...almost 27 considered old? I stilll look like I'm 18!!! Literally...
MzNayniki
Freshman Poster

Just thought about something...

Post by MzNayniki »

I was reading some of the other posts here in this forum. I noticed where it says Fillipine women marry out of their country. Because I'm so Americanized, yet with a Filipine mother, I am for and against this. Lol, I know, hard to explain. So let me say it like this, if I were to meet a man from another country, aside from the US, and I married him, I would be able to get out of the Phillipines into his country???

Yup, I guess you might be noticing now. I don't know shit when it comes to anything outside what I've been "trained" here in the US. I was also reading that Filipino women age fast....I just have to disagree with that. My mother is 45, I am 26. When we go out, we are always compared to sisters. Matter of fact, if I can figure it out, I will post a picture of me up. You will see exactly where I said, I look 18.

Sorry, just had to mention some of the things I've been seeing. Oh, one last question, what exactly does having a sugar daddy entail? And to the one poster, uh, hell yes I'm cute!

LOL,
Diana
Raja
Freshman Poster

Re: Thanks

Post by Raja »

MzNayniki wrote:T
Oh one thing, how is 26...almost 27 considered old? I stilll look like I'm 18!!! Literally...
Because primary education ends at about 16 and those most in demand for marriage are picked up before 25. If you are older you are seen as being unworthy in some way. Secondly because employers have a lessor fear of sexual harassment and younger girls are seen as working to seduce a boyfriend/husband.