"Rock with Winston" in Taiwan: Updates and Photos

Post your trip reports, travel experiences, and updates abroad. Or your expat story if you already live overseas. Note: To post photos and images, insert the image URL between the tags Image after uploading them to a third party site.
Falcon
Experienced Poster

Responding to Winston's PM

Post by Falcon »

Hey Winston,

They look kind of pretty at first sight, but also pretentious and fake (you know what I mean). Plus, they look like flaky bar girls.

They have to constantly act "cute" or "ke ai," make their voices squeaky, do the cool V signs for every single photoshoot, and hide under umbrellas all the time. On top of that, they don't have enough female hormones due to unreasonable self-induced malnutrition, which is in turn due to paranoid fears of weight gain. Their marshmallow-colored skins indicate a lifetime of intense heliophobia ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heliophobia ). Perfect for white guys with pedophilic tendencies, hahaha (no offense to Rock, just a light-hearted joke).

Much better: some busty, womanly Cantonese girls that I know at school. :P

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

WorldTraveler
Experienced Poster

Post by WorldTraveler »

Winston wrote:Here are some photos from last year when me and Rock were in Taichung.

At a night club called Pig Pen where there were lots of sexy girls. However, they were particular about who they talked to and not that engaging.

ImageImageImage

This is the super smoking hot door girl I was totally mesmerized by. She gave me snooty looks after I tried to flirt with her, so I didn't get good vibes from her enough to ask her if I could take a photo of her. However, later on into the night, I managed to sneak some shots of her from the side and back. Man I would have paid 10,000NT to have her. lol

Winston, who are all these girls with the tattoos? Do normal girls in Taiwan have tattoos?
-
If I stop by Taiwan on my next trip to Asia, will you show me around? I'd like to go to the top of that tall building and bang a lot of beautiful Chinese babes! Ideal would be bang a couple at the top of that tall building! Do you think you can help me?
-
P.S. They don’t have to have tattoos!
Falcon
Experienced Poster

Post by Falcon »

Taiwanese youth are getting more and more liberal every year, with more and more exotic fashions coming out. But most Taiwanese girls do not have tattoos unless they are the fashionable/hip ones or the "bad" ones.

In the past, the Han-speaking Taiwanese would not have anything to do with tattoos, since those were associated with the despised Taiwanese aborigines, or with criminals. Thus, older generations despise the modern-day youngsters with tattoos.
... bang a lot of beautiful Chinese babes!
Don't ever call them Chinese in DPP-majority central and southern Taiwan (that includes the Taichung area), unless you intentionally want to get into trouble. :twisted: Sure, their ancestors came from Fujian a few centuries ago, but similarly, would Americans like to be called British? :roll:

And before you start to prowl for girls in Taiwan, listen to this song. It's funny as heck. :lol:

我說老人老人 你真是趣味 
想要勾把妹妹 大家還要排隊
腎虧 陽痿 加早洩 
讓你上完全身一股臭味 一股臭味

老伯伯 為什麼 不去公園打太極 
為什麼 不去中正紀念堂裡下象棋
你帶著那個年輕妹妹要去哪裡 
不要騙我你要帶她去淘兒買CD

:D
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

WorldTraveler wrote: Winston, who are all these girls with the tattoos? Do normal girls in Taiwan have tattoos?
-
If I stop by Taiwan on my next trip to Asia, will you show me around? I'd like to go to the top of that tall building and bang a lot of beautiful Chinese babes! Ideal would be bang a couple at the top of that tall building! Do you think you can help me?
-
P.S. They don’t have to have tattoos!
They are "bad girls" who frequent clubs. Good girls study, work hard and sleep early, according to tradition at least. lol At least in the south. But in Taipei, I guess it's normal for good girls to go to clubs sometimes. But the frequent clubbers are liberal bad girls and gold diggers. lol

No, tattoos are rare in Taiwan.

Sure if you come, I can try to show you around, but I'm not that familiar with Taiwan. I'd be going by advice from people here and tourist websites.

However, the club you see in those photos closed down because there was a fire in the area, and all the nightlife in Taichung closed down, I heard. Kind of lame.

Top of what building? You mean Taipei 101? You can't bang babes there. The top floor is an observation deck! You can only bang them in hotel rooms, if you get that lucky.

I think China is probably better for sex. You can bang the hot Chinese girls on this site: http://www.sex141.com
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Billy wrote:lol. This was a funny read.

A very honest report. Great job though Taiwan as we already know is not girl paradise in terms availability.
You are right Billy. It's not a babe paradise, but the girls are still nicer than in the US, and also thinner and more feminine. They are good for eye candy. But not "easy" to pick up or engaging. Even so, most white guys here are able to get girlfriends and wives.

Taiwan girls and American girls are hard to approach for different reasons. Taiwan girls are generally shy, introverted and reserved, whereas American girls are antisocial and actually hate men and even other women deep down inside.

The girl I chatted up at Subway that you saw in the video was an outgoing one. However, I had to ask her for directions to a particular place to get her attention. Then I brought her over to our table by saying, "I don't understand Chinese very well. I grew up in America. But my white friend over there speaks better Chinese than me. Can you explain the directions to him?" Then when she came to our table, Rock confessed to her that I was just looking for an excuse to talk to her, and that we were doing a test on how approachable Taiwan girls are.

I could tell she was an outgoing type beforehand, because of her facial expressions and the fact that she smiled and made eye contact with me when I went over to the window near her to look outside.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Responding to Winston's PM

Post by Rock »

Falcon wrote:Hey Winston,

They look kind of pretty at first sight, but also pretentious and fake (you know what I mean). Plus, they look like flaky bar girls.

They have to constantly act "cute" or "ke ai," make their voices squeaky, do the cool V signs for every single photoshoot, and hide under umbrellas all the time. On top of that, they don't have enough female hormones due to unreasonable self-induced malnutrition, which is in turn due to paranoid fears of weight gain. Their marshmallow-colored skins indicate a lifetime of intense heliophobia ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heliophobia ). Perfect for white guys with pedophilic tendencies, hahaha (no offense to Rock, just a light-hearted joke).

Much better: some busty, womanly Cantonese girls that I know at school. :P
1. No offense taken.

2. Agree with your take on many of the girls in photo. Personally, I prefer more wholesome and educated types. Taipei, which IMO has a higher general level than the rest of Taiwan has a lot more of my type – attractive or better girls who look and act refined and educated. I’ve always found the center and south of Taiwan a bit ‘low’ (Taiwan slang) compared Taipei City.

3. As for your comments on curviness, Taipei and even Taichung or Kaoxiong have plenty of curvy types. In this regard, I think Taiwan still beats any area of China. My western friend, who lived in Taiwan for a few years and now lives in Shanghai has the same view. You may find busty girls in parts of China. But they tend to flat asses and narrow hips except for some of the shorter ones and even they are exceptional. In Taipei OTH, you can find true full figured hourglass or pear-shaped women with nice round asses if you look hard enough in the right places.
Falcon
Experienced Poster

Re: Responding to Winston's PM

Post by Falcon »

Rock wrote:1. No offense taken.

2. Agree with your take on many of the girls in photo. Personally, I prefer more wholesome and educated types. Taipei, which IMO has a higher general level than the rest of Taiwan has a lot more of my type – attractive or better girls who look and act refined and educated. I’ve always found the center and south of Taiwan a bit ‘low’ (Taiwan slang) compared Taipei City.

3. As for your comments on curviness, Taipei and even Taichung or Kaoxiong have plenty of curvy types. In this regard, I think Taiwan still beats any area of China. My western friend, who lived in Taiwan for a few years and now lives in Shanghai has the same view. You may find busty girls in parts of China. But they tend to flat asses and narrow hips except for some of the shorter ones and even they are exceptional. In Taipei OTH, you can find true full figured hourglass or pear-shaped women with nice round asses if you look hard enough in the right places.
Yes, a lot of the girls look very much like the working-class betel nut girls (檳榔西施) of southern Taiwan.

Hahaha, "low" / 低級. That was a good one. :wink: An even better description for some of those Taichung ladies would be the rather inappropriate Taiwanese slang "san ba" (三八). Google its meaning if you haven't heard of it already. Whenever I go down to Mexico, my parents would remind me not to get involved with the 三八女人 ("san ba" women) down there, hehe. :P

Anyways, here is a picture of a plastic surgery ad that I snapped in Ximending, Taipei. I really think that girl looked much better before than after!

Curvy Taiwanese girls tend to be the more natural, homely-looking ones (like the "before" girl in the ad). The highly fashion-conscious girls who try to look like anime characters would usually not be curvy (like the "after" girl in the ad). I would pick Ms. Before over the other one any day.
WorldTraveler
Experienced Poster

Who is this the Chinese Elvis?

Post by WorldTraveler »

Falcon wrote:I wonder how good Winston's Mandarin is. His Taiwanese seems pretty decent to me in that video. Since his ancestral hometown of 北港鎮 (Beigang) in 嘉義縣 (Chiayi) is a rural town in the DPP stronghold region of southwestern Taiwan, I would expect many of his relatives to use 100% Taiwanese in most daily conversations.

My parents don't even speak Taiwanese quite well, since they grew up in Hakka and Mandarin-speaking 外省 (mainlander) families in Taipei.

Try working out at 阿里山 (Alishan / Mt. Ali) and getting to know Tsou (邵族) aboriginal culture - all in eastern Chiayi County. That should provide a nice break from the hot, crowded cities.

As for Taiwanese girls, they generally would like the kind of look that Winston had in his 20's.

Who is this the Chinese Elvis?
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Here are some of the girls that me and Rock talked to in Beigan and Taichung. These photos of them are from their Facebook profile that they gave me.

xiongmao
Veteran Poster

Post by xiongmao »

Falcon is right - stick with busty Cantonese girls (especially if you're marriage minded!).

My gf is Cantonese and busty, and she would be a fabulous wife and mom.

Sure, Cantonese girls can get a little fat in middle age, but at least they enjoy their food. In Shanghai the local princesses were more interested in securing the best seat in the restaurant than actually eating the food!

And those girls you snapped have some of the worst tattoos I've ever seen! Holy f^ck the world's gone totally mad. I can only imagine what their moms must think :oops: .
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Hi all,
Rock and I haven't been on here lately because we've been hanging out in Taichung and Chiayi meeting all sorts of girls out in public and hanging out with some of my friends too. We've had a lot of fun and met a lot of cute/hot girls in public places, and at pubs and clubs. When I have time, I will post some pictures.

It seems that, as in our first trip, some of the girls we met fit what I said about Taiwan girls, while others fit what he said. The two of us are almost like Beavis and Butthead and enjoy exploring to satisfy our curiosity about every possible venue for meeting girls, including seedy stuff in the "black world" as Rock calls it. lol

In Chiayi, Rock has come to realize that I live in a hick town that is more narrow minded, cliquish and backward than the people he knows in Taipei. We've had some nasty experiences, such as the madame in a talking pub, who was especially rude and hot tempered with Rock and could not be reasoned with, and some cold uptight receptionists. But most of the people we met were more polite and friendly.

Rock's style also seems to jive better in Taiwan, since he is Taiwanese in his soul and his personality can mesh with them easier than mine can. He also likes to keep asking prolonged trivial questions to girls to keep up a conversation with them, which I don't have the patience for since I get bored with trivial talk easily.

I did learn one new thing though. Overall, I find that meeting girls in Taiwan is easier when you are with someone, and even more so if the girl is with another girl. For some reason, two guys and two girls seems to be a better and more comfortable setting to socialize with shy Taiwanese girls in (esp since Taiwan is a group culture, not an individualistic one). It's like they aren't as good one on one with strangers, but in a group with others helping out, they seem more receptive. This is something that I hadn't noticed before.

What this means is that Taiwanese girls aren't confident alone. They need a group to be confident in. This is the polar opposite of me, because I prefer one on one rather than groups. Why am I so different from everyone? lol

Anyway, we got a lot of new Facebook contacts and phone numbers. It will be hard to keep track of them all and keep in contact with everyone.

I'm also seeing this Vietnamese girl we met at a 24 hour McDonald's with her friends. She is pretty sweet, direct and forward, which is just my style, but is unusual in Taiwan.

Rock also met that Chinese lady I'm seeing in Taichung (the one I scored with but said that she wasn't really my type but doable, which I mentioned in another thread). He enjoys talking to her more than I do though, and has a lot more patience for a lot of inane talk than I do.

Anyway, that's the update so far. I'll try to keep you posted, and post some pictures when I get the chance.

Winston out.

Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

Nice post. Glad Rock got you out, and that you're having fun.

The group thing makes sense. Maybe you will learn to game a whole group of girls even without a wingman.

Watch for girls trying to take pictures of each other. Offer to help them taking a picture of the whole group together. Go in like a performer, direct the camera shot, make them laugh, keep the energy high. Works well in a spot where you can briefly isolate the one you're interested in, like a dance club. Then afater a dance, sit down briefly with the group, same routine, high energy. If you get bored, make an excuse and leave for a bit.
"Well actually, she's not REALLY my daughter. But she does like to call me Daddy... at certain moments..."
DCX_10
Freshman Poster

Post by DCX_10 »

Winston and Rock,

You would have done so much better in mainland China, far better looking far more interesting girls. The girls I ran into in Taiwan is homely and in HK, just plain ugly. There is no comparison to the girls in the mainland. It is that simple.

DCX

Jester wrote:Nice post. Glad Rock got you out, and that you're having fun.

The group thing makes sense. Maybe you will learn to game a whole group of girls even without a wingman.

Watch for girls trying to take pictures of each other. Offer to help them taking a picture of the whole group together. Go in like a performer, direct the camera shot, make them laugh, keep the energy high. Works well in a spot where you can briefly isolate the one you're interested in, like a dance club. Then afater a dance, sit down briefly with the group, same routine, high energy. If you get bored, make an excuse and leave for a bit.
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Rock »

DCX_10 wrote:Winston and Rock,

You would have done so much better in mainland China, far better looking far more interesting girls. The girls I ran into in Taiwan is homely and in HK, just plain ugly. There is no comparison to the girls in the mainland. It is that simple.

DCX

Jester wrote:Nice post. Glad Rock got you out, and that you're having fun.

Well I think Taiwan has an abundance of attractive to hot girls both by my standards or Winston's. That's especially true of urban girls in Taipei and central Kaoshuing or Taichung. Chiayi is much worse but still has some cuties.

As for China, its hard to generalize. For example, on my last trip to Liuzhou in Guangxi, all I saw everywhere were country girl hicks, most of whom were skinny, below 160 cm and had relatively poor skin. During the day out and about in Shekou or Guangzhou, I didn't see nearly as many attractive girls as I do in Taipei. And I made that last trip earlier this year. I imagine in Beijing or Shanghai these days, you will see a much higher concentration of hotties though in certain areas, similar to Taipei. But I haven't confirmed that yet.

Last time I traveled extensively in China was several years ago. But at that time, I didn't find any area that rivaled the best areas of Taiwan in terms of density of attractive to hot women. I also noticed in Beijing it seemed much harder to find girls flying solo than in Taipei.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Update:

Well our one week escapade is over for now. Rock has gone back to Taipei and I've returned to Chiayi. We have many pictures, so I'll post them when I receive them from Rock.

Overall, we had some fun and met a lot of interesting people. But Murphy's Law still seems to apply in that the type of girls I like still don't seem into me.

There is a lot to tell, and I'm not sure I can even remember all of it. But I'll try. Here is my summation. If I forget something, I'll add it later.

- Overall, this was a good bonding experience for me and Rock. We got to better know and understand each other better, and I believe Rock understands me better now (as long as he retains his memory of what he experienced and saw around me, as both of us can be forgetful at times) since he saw much of what I told him first hand. It turns out that we are more similar than I thought. Rock also has an uncanny ability to read vibes and body language. His summation of some of my friends that I introduced him to was spot on and concurred with my own take as well.

- Rock even witnessed a lot of Murphy's Law working in my life and concurred that it does seem to be a phenomenon in some people's lives, esp those who have constant bad luck in that everything seems to work the opposite of what they want. I showed him many examples in my life and he began to see that Murphy's Law is indeed a powerful force that works in all our lives to some degree. He suggested that I try Ladislav's Nichiren Buddhism, where you chant for hours to change your luck.

- Rock found my town of Chiayi to be very hickish and narrow and less friendly than in Taipei. He also saw what I told him about, with all the closed narrow faces of uneducated hickish people and said "No wonder you feel repressed in Taiwan". Some of the men here even looked rugged and primitive, which made him feel like they could randomly attack him at any time. lol And some of the receptionists we met were cold. At one big Thai massage parlor, we weren't even allowed to sit in the lobby and talk after we put our shoes back on after we got our massage. It's like they had some anal rule where customers have to put on their shoes and leave, rather than sit around and relaxing. It's one of those "unnecessary anal" rules in some joints in Taiwan that make no sense but just exist anyway. Weird.

- Nevertheless, we went out and explored Chiayi all night for several nights, going to seedy places such as massage parlors and pubs with female entertainers, meeting people out in AM hours and making endless observations about every little thing. Rock said that we were like "Beavis and Butthead". lol. He also said that my personality in person is totally different than on the forum. He thinks that I'm more soft spoken in person, but on the forum, I come out blazing with big guns. lol.

Most people we met were polite, but since we were exploring the seedy "black world", as Rock called it, of the AM hours, we met some exceptions. There was this pub with lots of hot hostesses who sit and entertain you that we went to. But we had a mishap there twice in a row. It started because we were taking photos of the girls pictures posted on the walls of the hallway, which was next to the elevator to the pub. Suddenly, the manager, a woman with a pissed off ghetto look on her face, came out and yelled at us - but more specifically at Rock since she was looking at him while she was chewing us out. The next night, we went to the same place, assuming that manager had cooled down. But when we sat down and the waitress was explaining the pricing to us, that same manager came over, yelled at Rock for asking about the prices, and took our menus and ordered us to leave. Sheesh. That was the rudest manager I've ever seen in Taiwan. Her behavior was totally irrational and senseless. I don't know what her problem was. But Rock said that you can't make sense out of something like that.

When we left, we had another interaction with some weird drunk guy who kept moving his hands at us, while he spoke, so close to us that it almost hit our faces a few times. He tried to get us to buy him some drinks at another bar he suggested, but we became disinterested so that he would leave, since his company wouldn't have been pleasant anyway.

Oh well. Rock said that that's what you get in the "black world" of Taiwan, which is full of low quality and high prices, and yet another reason why Taiwan is not good for p4p. What this means for me is that if I can't get normal girls in Taiwan, then I also can't pay for them either. So I lose either way, which sucks.

- Neither of us shined in discos or nightclubs, since we are both introverts, not good at dancing, and don't vibe with it. We went to some in Taichung. They seemed to have a dark negative energy that didn't match our personality/vibe. I don't know why. But Rock did meet a tall thin accountant girl at one of them. When he was getting her number though, some Taiwanese guy took his smart phone and said "That's my girlfriend". But later, the girl told Rock that he wasn't her boyfriend, just some jealous friend who was trying to pursue her. But Rock was careful to avoid confrontation though, whereas I was ready to fight if necessary, because he fears that he will end up fighting a pack of guys rather than one. I seemed to find nicer girls in train stations and buses than nightclubs.

But the nightclub girls wore the hottest clothes and had the sexiest bodies. I can't believe how many girls in Taiwan have such long legs. Among my relatives, no one has long legs, since my relatives tend to be short. The downside of all the sexy nightclub girls was that most of them either had pissed off snooty faces, or acted like total divas.

- We did meet many girls in public, and got many facebook contacts and a few phone numbers. So based on that, Rock appears to be right that in Taiwan, one can meet many approachable girls. However:

a) You have to be a very good talker and very patient in making long-winded small talk with random people, which is a skill not everyone has, nor has the patience for. You see, Rock is the kind of guy who can talk about inane things or intellectual things, for hours at a time, from evening til the wee hours of the morning. (We also seem to attract others that do that) What this means is that he can talk to a ditzy airhead and hold a long conversation about inane things, and think of things to say at every moment. I can't always do that though, because I often run out of things to say or can't think of what to say next. Plus I don't have that kind of patience either, to talk about inane things for a long time. But Rock is able to keep a superficial conversation flowing, thus the result is that many Taiwan girls will keep listening, even if the conversation is mostly one-sided. But not everyone can do that. So in that sense, it's not that easy.

b) Even if you have a positive interaction with a Taiwanese female, meeting her again or taking it to the next level is a whole different ballgame. You can't just ask them out or ask them to meet again, not directly. I don't know why. It's like some kind of complicated mind game where the rules aren't clear. I wrote about this in another post here: viewtopic.php?p=93776#93776 And this applies to Rock too, not just me, as you can see in that post. So in that sense, I am right in that dating in Taiwan is not easy.

- Rock met some of my friends in Taichung, including a Chinese lady I'm seeing there. He found her personality to be more interesting than I did though. We also liked her kids. They were so direct, outspoken and sarcastic. My friend's daughter also liked me and kept asking about me. So I told Rock, "See what I mean? How come a little girl I can't even date is crazy about me, but the girls I like who are over 18 are never crazy about me? This is yet another great example of Murphy's Law in my life." Rock laughed and agreed that my life was full of Murphy's Laws indeed. lol Like me, Rock is also very curious about everything and everyone he hears about. This is why he's open to exploring seedy places and nightlife areas that he and I wouldn't normally vibe with, aka the "black world" in Taiwan, where quality is low and prices are high. Another problem with the black world in Taiwan is that one's preferences don't seem to be respected. Instead, you are treated as if you have no tastes or standards, and rushed through it as if you were expected to be happy to pay and leave and didn't care about quality or beauty. Weird.

Anyway, we had fun and interesting experiences. It is good to share these experiences with someone else, and make observations/analyses with a fellow intellectual, as we did. Asian/White duos like us also make for interesting experiences.

Anyhow, that's all I can remember for now. If I forgot to mention anything, I'll just add it later to this thread. When I get the pictures from Rock and organize them, I'll post them here.

Hope you found this trip report interesting.