The US is Thailand for women

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
WuFan
Freshman Poster

The US is Thailand for women

Post by WuFan »

There. I said it.
pete98146
Experienced Poster

Post by pete98146 »

Interesting thought but I would disagree. The 95% of men that have sex with Thai women must pay for the pleasure. Non pro Thai women are notoriously difficult to date simply because they don't want to be seen walking hand in hand with a farang because she'll be mistaken for a hooker.

Take out Thailand and insert Philippines and it works.
S_Parc
Veteran Poster

Post by S_Parc »

pete98146 wrote:Interesting thought but I would disagree. The 95% of men that have sex with Thai women must pay for the pleasure. Non pro Thai women are notoriously difficult to date simply because they don't want to be seen walking hand in hand with a farang because she'll be mistaken for a hooker.

Take out Thailand and insert Philippines and it works.
Well ... yes and no, I know men who'd worked the SE peninsular circuit: Bangkok, Kuala Lumpur, and Singapore. All these men had girlfriends and/or regular dates with the locals.

Now, I've also heard the opposite tale. A female exchange student from Boston area, who'd interned & studied in Singapore. She was asked out roughly ~0 times in six months. When she was back in the Bay State, she had to turn down 2-3 guys per week, until she finally met her investment banker (yes, you guessed it, at a Harvard Business school gathering). Today, they're allegedly *happily* settled in the NY metro area. He's a millionaire and she's a stay at home mom. It's a good thing that she got back to Boston in time :wink:
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Yes and no. It's similar in terms of nominal choices. However, men and women are driven differently. Women aren't looking for "conquests" and sexual variety. They don't get an ego boost from scoring with men. They get an ego boost from being able to manipulate men. Women don't see the dating scene the same way men do. That's why they aren't impressed by dating photo collages like mine.

They are looking for the highest quality mates for monogamous relationships, not just fun, pleasure, variety or conquest. So they would not call the US their "dating paradise". I've never heard of any woman referring to the US in those terms.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
NorthAmericanguy
Veteran Poster

Post by NorthAmericanguy »

Winston wrote:Yes and no. It's similar in terms of nominal choices. However, men and women are driven differently. Women aren't looking for "conquests" and sexual variety. They don't get an ego boost from scoring with men. They get an ego boost from being able to manipulate men. Women don't see the dating scene the same way men do. That's why they aren't impressed by dating photo collages like mine.

They are looking for the highest quality mates for monogamous relationships, not just fun, pleasure, variety or conquest. So they would not call the US their "dating paradise". I've never heard of any woman referring to the US in those terms.
+1 You beat me to it.
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by ladislav »

Yes, the Philippines is a better comparison because the dating scene in Thailand is not that great even for Oriental people as the local girls lack social skills and the whole dating scene is awkward. You also need to pay the family money to marry the girl. Meeting people is hard in Thailand because of a weird culture that only the Thais can figure out.
Bangkok and Pattaya are just like Amsterdam. So, it is a place for whoring for money. Nothing much else.
Well ... yes and no, I know men who'd worked the SE peninsular circuit: Bangkok, Kuala Lumpur, and Singapore. All these men had girlfriends and/or regular dates with the locals.
You know, I would like to see those locals they were dating. Probably those same people working at big international companies, English speaking, over 25, non virgins for the most part, or unattractive by local standards. Fresh young ladies are rarely available.

The dating scene in Bangkok is not so great for people who are not of Oriental appearance. Yes, you can meet girls but there is always a stigma so it is an issue. Some girls do not care and these are exceptions to the rule, not the rule. Also, Thailand is still not a rich country so the girls' salaries are small, and if you are a business executive with a big salary, yeah, you can have a GF but it is not as easy as if you were an Oriental or a Thai. But there is again a stigma and will always be.

I have not dated in KL but from my understanding Malays do not date non Muslims. You can date local Chinese but with Malays you will need to convert to Islam. And most will not even look at the Matsale- the white man. Again if you are a CEO from IBM/Microsoft (Malaysia) Ltd/Inc. with a pin stripe suit and a Mercedes Benz the size of the space shuttle Discovery, well, rules will be bent and you should be able to date, I guess.

Singapore is OK it is just that they are not poor and they will go either for a very good looking young guy, or one with a great job whatever. Singapore is basically a mini Japan, and it has the same problem with women not wanting to date/get married and nurdy guys who are shy.

Having said all this, Bangkok, KL and Singapore still afford you better dating opportunities than the USA.
Last edited by ladislav on March 11th, 2012, 11:12 pm, edited 3 times in total.
A brain is a terrible thing to wash!
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

I think a good way to put it is, in the US, it's very easy for women to meet men but very difficult for men to meet women.

So in that regard, America is for women what the Philippines is for men.
"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."