Hong Kongers irked by mainland Chinese habits

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Hong Kongers irked by mainland Chinese habits

Post by zboy1 »

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SHkwkcGm ... AAAA8AAAAA[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gKQWVvqa ... re=related[/youtube]

Man, I heard that mainland Chinese were rude and unsophisticated, but I know idea how bad they behaved: defecating in the streets, cutting queues, spitting, loud talking, etc. They make New Yorkers seem polite in comparison...

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

xiongmao
Veteran Poster

Post by xiongmao »

The spitting in Wuhan was intolerable at times, and the worst offenders were the older women!

It was easy to spot the Chinese tourists in Tokyo, they were usually noisy or making a scene!

I've found Guangzhou fairly civilised, although that goes out the window when the metro is super busy.

My mom thinks China and Japan are the same. But travel on a train in Japan then one in China and the difference will simply astonish you!!!
I was Happier Abroad for a while but Covid killed that off.
Fed up with being foreveralone.jpg? Check out my comprehensive directory of dating sites.
Love Chinese girls? Read my complete guide to Chinese dating.
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by zboy1 »

xiongmao wrote:The spitting in Wuhan was intolerable at times, and the worst offenders were the older women!

It was easy to spot the Chinese tourists in Tokyo, they were usually noisy or making a scene!

I've found Guangzhou fairly civilised, although that goes out the window when the metro is super busy.

My mom thinks China and Japan are the same. But travel on a train in Japan then one in China and the difference will simply astonish you!!!
I've always wondered why there was such a stark cultural contrast in behavior between the boorish Chinese and the behavior of Japanese people? The Chinese and Japanese are pretty much of the same racial stock (East Asian), but completely different from each other in terms of attitudes, manners, and outlook. I believe communism really did a number on the morals of the Chinese people as well as centuries of deprivation creating a "dog eat dog" individualist mentality similar to the United States, resulting in selfishness, rudeness, and downright bad behavior among the population.
momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by momopi »

If China was as developed as Japan, the same opportunities that exist today may not be there for you.
ph_visitor
Freshman Poster

Post by ph_visitor »

You guys have no idea and this thread and those videos do not even begin to scratch the surface. It's 1000X worse.
Repatriate
Veteran Poster

Post by Repatriate »

Yeah it can be pretty bad. The average person's behavior is atrocious by polite western standards but when I visited with my father we met some really nice Chinese people too. It's like anywhere else the obnoxious people tend to stand out in your memory and unfortunately there are a lot of Chinese that are rough like this.