Ohio school shooting

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
tom
Junior Poster

Ohio school shooting

Post by tom »

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-201_162-573 ... /#comments

I don't pay much attention to stories like this. The main stream media is beating this one to death. The short of this story is quite kid snaps after years of abuse and shoots a bunch of other kids.

Why is it so news worthy, it is a very rare event and most people don't understand it so it causes a lot of fear. Fear makes very good news that's why it is very news worthy.

Every day gang bangers kill each other, so many murders some never even get reported in the back page. That's where most get reported, the reason, its common, happens all the time. If that kid who did the shooting was found dead in a field on the way to school none of us would have ever known anything about it, most the people in that Ohio town would know anything about it.

My point is the main stream media often focuses on the strange, unusual, fear generating stories.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

aozora13
Freshman Poster

Post by aozora13 »

I agree exactly how media keeps hitting a slightly irregular story to death. Most of the time, I think of more serious news such as economic and loosing of sovereign rights which many people in the US do not know about at all.

-Problems in Europe (Debt caused by banking institutions crushing the normal person; Greece, Spain, Italy (big influential country damaged by debt), France( debt; housing bubble) UK (Housing issues, bankrupt)

-Currency problems in many countries

-US issues: High unemployment, People on the Government's dole (unemployment insurance, social security, food stamps, medicaid)
Crazy cases where people are accused of things which is not logical or sound

Honestly, it is sad what happened with a young teenager tormented years by his peers and one day (without parents and/or his teachers not helping him) he goes on killing spree.

High school for me sucked and I had problems with being tormented while playing football. I had to get my dad because I almost fought a guy when his joke (gay butt hitting) annoyed me and when I did it I almost got into a fight with him. I think that standing up even when you know will loose is much better than being tormented. I can see what it sucks being in high school in America.
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

Here is the updated story regarding this shooting. It's funny, I don't hear about school shootings in other countries, maybe it happens but it must not be that frequent like it is the US.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... ealed.html
"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."
Mangus the Red
Freshman Poster

Post by Mangus the Red »

My guess as to why the US mainstream media is keeping this story on 24/7 is, besides the fear factor (keeping everyone on edge and scared of their own shadows) is this sense of disbelief that these school shootings are happening in small towns and suburbs.

I suspect that small towns and suburbs in the US are considered a bastion of stability, a place where everyone knows everyone else, where parents need not worry about the violence in urban areas spilling over into their small towns.

Now, another shooting has shattered the belief that small towns and suburbs equate 'stability.'
onezero4u
Freshman Poster

Post by onezero4u »

news??? whats that??? haha i stopped watching lamestream news a LONG time ago....shit i only use my tv for renting DVDs occassionally.
marriage is a 3 ring circus: engagement ring, wedding ring and then suffering.
targetguy
Freshman Poster

prozac

Post by targetguy »

8) the psyche industry will never let it out that most of the shooters are on some type of psyche drug and their could be fbi and nsa mind games involved also. this will never be in the news at all only that the shooter was a bad person etc.
no scammers
Introvert
Freshman Poster

Post by Introvert »

I don't know about the drugs or anything like that but they are labeling this kid as a "nice guy" and a "quiet guy" which makes me, as an actual nice, quiet guy sink down in my chair a little lower.
dreamer82
Freshman Poster

Post by dreamer82 »

I hate watching the news because of the constant in-your-face, pedo scandals. Every little snippet of bad conduct makes national news. Penn State was in the news constantly for a month. All is does is raise people's fears of something that is rare. Even this story pisses me off. True it was probably bad judgment on the teacher's part but he didn't break any laws.
http://shine.yahoo.com/parenting/teache ... 00504.html
All_That_Is_Man
Junior Poster

Post by All_That_Is_Man »

onezero4u wrote:news??? whats that??? haha i stopped watching lamestream news a LONG time ago....shit i only use my tv for renting DVDs occassionally.
I agree. I sold my TV and never looked backed.
"Manginas grovel. Men travel." - me (04/17/2012)

"I used to be one of those men who believed that men are better than women at everything. Then I stood corrected!
Women are better than men at... getting fat." - me (02/24/2013)

Black women suck at life.