Plenty Of Fish - Fake Profile Experiment

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
lavezzi
Junior Poster

Plenty Of Fish - Fake Profile Experiment

Post by lavezzi »

As an experiment, I set up a fake profile on POF using a picture of a relatively attractive girl:

http://www.pof.com/viewprofile.aspx?profile_id=37439617

From the moment I registered, my inbox was being flooded with pages and pages and pages of messages from men of all ages. It's now clear to me why I never got many responses when using my legitimate profile, and in a sense you have to cut these women a little bit of slack for being so picky; the blame can only really be put on p***y-begging men as a whole. Well, in actuality the blame lies with the hypersexualized culture these men have been exposed to. In the West, women are being influenced on a cultural level to sleep with men within a month (often on the first night), this instills in men the drive to give women an inflated amount of attention in the hopes of getting sex. In Asia for example, where sex-culture is not as prevalent and many girls are chaste (although I sense this is very rapidly changing) men don't expect nor desire sex to nearly the same extent and therefore dating is much more so about the actual relationship, which is in part why Western men's experiences on Asian dating sites are so vastly different to what they are used to on their local ones.

I also did another experiment, in which I set up a profile where the picture was of a 'hot' guy:

http://www.pof.com/viewprofile.aspx?profile_id=25244071

The results were equally as staggering. My inbox again was flooded with messages, which proves that women are highly susceptible to looks, despite what is often claimed by them and society as a whole. I was able to set up dates within two or three short messages, with some women even basically agreeing to one night stands outright. What could be taken as a little bit unsettling, was that some of the women showing high levels of interest were Eastern European (Czech, Slovakian, Polish) which shows it's not just a case of Western women being shallow.

Any thoughts?

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

All_That_Is_Man
Junior Poster

Post by All_That_Is_Man »

First and foremost, I noticed that POF women love to lie about their ethnicity - so "European" can mean a Chicago-born Pollock who doesn't even speak a European language, "Mixed" can mean a white girl who is so attracted to Latino thugs that she herself tells people she's half and half, and "Other Ethnicity" can mean a black female who knows she could get more dates if people didn't know she was a black female. That being said, were the "Eastern European" women who responded to the male profile actually from Eastern Europe, or were they Ireland natives?
"Manginas grovel. Men travel." - me (04/17/2012)

"I used to be one of those men who believed that men are better than women at everything. Then I stood corrected!
Women are better than men at... getting fat." - me (02/24/2013)

Black women suck at life.
Banano
Veteran Poster

Post by Banano »

Picking up chik via Online dating in anglosphere is probably harder than going to a bar or pub and approach them old fashioned way
Thats been my experience anyway

It pisses me off that chick in profile is just a normal girl and n she can get 100s of interested guys daily and of course she will respond only to a few top top looking guys....to make things worse the next woman will do the same and so on...that f***s up everythhing coz these chosen guys turn to players just bc they can and they end up going through all the chicks...and then women will turn around and say 'looks are not important its personality'

The dont even read your profile, its all looks and nothing but..you cld put on that you are convicted felon they wouldnt even see that and wouldnt matter if they do.

When they meet these hot guys sex is usually happening on the 1st date..they filirt for a few days prior to meeting up and its all done by 1st or 2nd date ..they both move on...when woman finds you attractive sex follows in no time
lavezzi
Junior Poster

Post by lavezzi »

All_That_Is_Man wrote:First and foremost, I noticed that POF women love to lie about their ethnicity - so "European" can mean a Chicago-born Pollock who doesn't even speak a European language, "Mixed" can mean a white girl who is so attracted to Latino thugs that she herself tells people she's half and half, and "Other Ethnicity" can mean a black female who knows she could get more dates if people didn't know she was a black female. That being said, were the "Eastern European" women who responded to the male profile actually from Eastern Europe, or were they Ireland natives?
Eastern European nationals.

We don't have the whole racial obsessiveness thing here that's so persistent in the US. Very few non foreign-born people would feel the need to be adamantly allegiant to their country of ancestral origin.
lavezzi
Junior Poster

Post by lavezzi »

Banano wrote:Picking up chik via Online dating in anglosphere is probably harder than going to a bar or pub and approach them old fashioned way

It pisses me off that chick in profile is just a normal girl and n she can get 100s of interested guys daily and of course she will respond only to a few top top looking guys....to make things worse the next woman will do the same and so on...that f***s up everythhing coz these chosen guys turn to players just bc they can and they end up going through all the chicks...and then women will turn around and say 'looks are not important its personality'

The dont even read your profile, its all looks and nothing but..you cld put on that you are convicted felon they wouldnt even see that and wouldnt matter if they do.

When they meet these hot guys sex is usually happening on the 1st date..they filirt for a few days prior to meeting up and its all done by 1st or 2nd date ..they both move on...when woman finds you attractive sex follows in no time
And of course ALL men will be judged by women for the predictable behavior of the selected few. Average guys get none of the play these guys get, but an equal share of the blame for their actions.

Anglo-men's standards are so low, that not fat is basically considered hot. As for women's standards, I can guarantee that if this girl had a brother that looked precisely like her but in male form he would get little to no responses.
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

Banano wrote:Picking up chik via Online dating in anglosphere is probably harder than going to a bar or pub and approach them old fashioned way
Yes, your better off going to bars and clubs and trying to meet women that way, rather than use online dating. Women who use internet dating websites are getting hundreds of guys a week responding to them.

Just go to bars and clubs, where the competition is not as stiff. I don't like bars or clubs but at least there you will be meeting women face to face, which is a thousand times better than trying to meet women through the internet. :D
"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."
Banano
Veteran Poster

Post by Banano »

That would be good experiment, twin brother that looks precisly like her would be lucky to get a few responses from fatties

so woman will pick the best one out of 100 and man will select best women out of 3 that are available to him if hes lucky enough to have that many to chose from ...thats why when you look at couples you will almost always see that man is a few points better than women...women dnt realise how few options men have compared to them

imagine tomorrow you have a son and in 20 years time from now what will it be like for him to get dates?...chiks will be even more selective and will start growing dicks if trend continues
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

lavezzi wrote:Anglo-men's standards are so low, that not fat is basically considered hot.
Yes, this is true! I was just talking to a friend of mine today discussing this very same thing! In "anglo-countries" since 50% of the women are overweight, if you meet a woman who has an average looking face and is not fat, she is considered good looking! WTF? :shock:

I have met guys here in America who say, "my girlfriend is really hot" then, when I met her, she is average looking and not fat. So, if the girl is not fat and has an average looking face, she is now considered hot!

Anglo men's standards are so low, it's not even funny! We men here in the western world are scrapping the bottom of the barrel, when it comes to trying to find a half way decent looking woman to date who is not fat. :lol:
"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."
emh
Freshman Poster

Re: Plenty Of Fish - Fake Profile Experiment

Post by emh »

lavezzi wrote:As an experiment, I set up a fake profile on POF using a picture of a relatively attractive girl:

http://www.pof.com/viewprofile.aspx?profile_id=37439617

From the moment I registered, my inbox was being flooded with pages and pages and pages of messages from men of all ages. It's now clear to me why I never got many responses when using my legitimate profile, and in a sense you have to cut these women a little bit of slack for being so picky; the blame can only really be put on p***y-begging men as a whole. Well, in actuality the blame lies with the hypersexualized culture these men have been exposed to. In the West, women are being influenced on a cultural level to sleep with men within a month (often on the first night), this instills in men the drive to give women an inflated amount of attention in the hopes of getting sex. In Asia for example, where sex-culture is not as prevalent and many girls are chaste (although I sense this is very rapidly changing) men don't expect nor desire sex to nearly the same extent and therefore dating is much more so about the actual relationship, which is in part why Western men's experiences on Asian dating sites are so vastly different to what they are used to on their local ones.

I also did another experiment, in which I set up a profile where the picture was of a 'hot' guy:

http://www.pof.com/viewprofile.aspx?profile_id=25244071

The results were equally as staggering. My inbox again was flooded with messages, which proves that women are highly susceptible to looks, despite what is often claimed by them and society as a whole. I was able to set up dates within two or three short messages, with some women even basically agreeing to one night stands outright. What could be taken as a little bit unsettling, was that some of the women showing high levels of interest were Eastern European (Czech, Slovakian, Polish) which shows it's not just a case of Western women being shallow.

Any thoughts?
I did a similar "guy" experiment on match.com. I posted about it here but don't feel like digging up the post. Anyway, yeah. my results were exactly like yours. My guy wasn't even "hot", more like an 8 out of 10.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

I don't understand why Plenty of Fish is successful and has millions of visitors everyday. I mean, girls never write back on that site. So why is it so successful? Why would anyone bother with it? I don't understand the logic of that.

I did a similar experiment back in the 90's, using my Asian female friend's pic. She got responses everyday. It was incredible.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
E_Irizarry
Veteran Poster

Post by E_Irizarry »

All_That_Is_Man wrote:First and foremost, I noticed that POF women love to lie about their ethnicity - so "European" can mean a Chicago-born Pollock who doesn't even speak a European language, "Mixed" can mean a white girl who is so attracted to Latino thugs that she herself tells people she's half and half, and "Other Ethnicity" can mean a black female who knows she could get more dates if people didn't know she was a black female. That being said, were the "Eastern European" women who responded to the male profile actually from Eastern Europe, or were they Ireland natives?
You have been drinking the same kool-aid that Skateboard Stephen and I have been drinking from. Welcome to our "call out minorities on their racist bullshit" club. LOL jajajajaajaja Great post. That's something that Skateboard Stephen and/or myself would have written. :O)
"I appreciate the opportunities I have in America. Opportunities that allow me to live abroad." **Smiles** - Have2Fly@H.A. (2013)

"The only way to overcome that is to go abroad to get a broad."
- E. Irizarry (2009)

"MGTOW resilience is the key to foreign residence. You better muthafuckin' ask somebody!!"
- E. Irizarry (2012)

"I rather be ostracized by 157.0 million (27.3% of the US of Gay pop), then to appease 1 feminist." - E. Irizarry (2013)

TanBoy by DNA | Despedido, Hugo Chavez...Descansa en paz!
eurobrat
Veteran Poster

Post by eurobrat »

Winston wrote:I don't understand why Plenty of Fish is successful and has millions of visitors everyday. I mean, girls never write back on that site. So why is it so successful? Why would anyone bother with it? I don't understand the logic of that.

I did a similar experiment back in the 90's, using my Asian female friend's pic. She got responses everyday. It was incredible.
Content, content, content! They have millions of people signed up!
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

eurobrat wrote:
Winston wrote:I don't understand why Plenty of Fish is successful and has millions of visitors everyday. I mean, girls never write back on that site. So why is it so successful? Why would anyone bother with it? I don't understand the logic of that.

Content, content, content! They have millions of people signed up!
How did they get millions of people signed up? And even so, why would they log in to their account if the women never respond? Wouldn't people lose interest? What's the point of using it if only men write women, but women don't write men?
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
eurobrat
Veteran Poster

Post by eurobrat »

People probably do lose interest, there just too lazy to delete there profile so he keeps the data.
All_That_Is_Man
Junior Poster

Post by All_That_Is_Man »

E_Irizarry wrote:
You have been drinking the same kool-aid that Skateboard Stephen and I have been drinking from. Welcome to our "call out minorities on their racist bullshit" club. LOL jajajajaajaja Great post. That's something that Skateboard Stephen and/or myself would have written. :O)
Cheers!

I speak from experience. Back in 2007, POF was my only outlet for dates, and dammit it worked consistantly! Maybe location is a big thing, too. I was in college town Arizona then.
"Manginas grovel. Men travel." - me (04/17/2012)

"I used to be one of those men who believed that men are better than women at everything. Then I stood corrected!
Women are better than men at... getting fat." - me (02/24/2013)

Black women suck at life.