Going to Ethiopia (Africa) (Read my Decision)

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to Africa or the Middle East.
eurobrat
Veteran Poster

Post by eurobrat »

Last edited by eurobrat on May 29th, 2013, 4:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Fenix
Junior Poster

Post by Fenix »

Haven't been to Germany, but I am planning a trip there this summer. I am visiting multiple cities while I'm there. Stuttgart, Cologne, Augsburg, Ellwagen, Dresden, Berlin, and some others I don't remember how to spell lol.

German women are my type of woman. Have intelligence I love, can hold long conversations and of course, attractive as f**k! You don't know how much success I am having right now. Not just Germany, but other countries in Europe and Asia. Germany is still my destination and probably won't change. It's a no brainer.
eurobrat
Veteran Poster

Post by eurobrat »

Last edited by eurobrat on May 29th, 2013, 4:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Contrarian Expatriate
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Contrarian Expatriate »

eurobrat wrote:Go to Munich.
Munich is my favorite city in Germany, but it is not a good place to meet German women. That city is a bastion of the upper class, high-maintenance types therefore they are the least inclined to warm up to foreign men.

I think east Germany and the smaller towns of west Germany are ripe for the picking, so visit Munich for the culture, shopping, restaurants and Oktoberfest.
Falcon
Experienced Poster

Post by Falcon »

Go visit Billy. :wink:
eurobrat
Veteran Poster

Post by eurobrat »

Last edited by eurobrat on May 29th, 2013, 4:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fenix
Junior Poster

Post by Fenix »

Thanks for the advice guys!

I have still chosen Berlin to live, but I wouldn't mind living in a smaller city like Bavaria (Augsburg) or Cologne. I will just have to wait and see what happens when I do go to Germany. I have too many choices right now! Sigh.

With me, just my opinion, it doesn't matter if the city is small or like Berlin, I am having success. My Czech friend I am talking to even told me that Germany would be the perfect spot for me. She told me to forget about Russia because I would regret it. I started thinking about what she said and she is right.

Germany is just too good of a bargain for me. Everything matches up to my expectations. No, actually exceeded my expectations. My cousin's girlfriend told me that I will have to live off of a temporary visa, but it is not hard to get a residency visa. My cousin lives off of a work visa and he has been in Stuttgart for almost a decade. I was shocked when his girlfriend told me that.
The_Hero_of_Men
Experienced Poster

Post by The_Hero_of_Men »

PhxSosa wrote:Thanks for the advice guys!

I have still chosen Berlin to live, but I wouldn't mind living in a smaller city like Bavaria (Augsburg) or Cologne. I will just have to wait and see what happens when I do go to Germany. I have too many choices right now! Sigh.

With me, just my opinion, it doesn't matter if the city is small or like Berlin, I am having success. My Czech friend I am talking to even told me that Germany would be the perfect spot for me. She told me to forget about Russia because I would regret it. I started thinking about what she said and she is right.

Germany is just too good of a bargain for me. Everything matches up to my expectations. No, actually exceeded my expectations. My cousin's girlfriend told me that I will have to live off of a temporary visa, but it is not hard to get a residency visa. My cousin lives off of a work visa and he has been in Stuttgart for almost a decade. I was shocked when his girlfriend told me that.
Why would she warn you against going to Russia?
Wielding the blade of evil's bane, he sealed the dark one away and gave the land light. This man, who traveled through time to save the land, was known as the Hero of Men. The man's tale was passed down through generations until it became legend...
Fenix
Junior Poster

Post by Fenix »

She just thinks Germany is the better place for me to be and I agree with her. My heart is in Germany.
emh
Freshman Poster

Post by emh »

Just curious but how do you plan on supporting yourself in Germany?
Fenix
Junior Poster

Post by Fenix »

I'm a freelance writer. I can work anywhere in the world.
emh
Freshman Poster

Post by emh »

PhxSosa wrote:I'm a freelance writer. I can work anywhere in the world.
Very cool. You're in an enviable position. Though I'm sure it took a lot of hard work on your part to get there. I wish you all the best and hope you find what you're looking for in Germany. I've never been but I met several Germans last year when I was traveling in Central and South America. They were all happy, fun, and easy to get along with. Not at all like the stereotypes of Germans.
djfourmoney
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by djfourmoney »

eurobrat wrote:
Contrarian Expatriate wrote:
eurobrat wrote:Go to Munich.
Munich is my favorite city in Germany, but it is not a good place to meet German women. That city is a bastion of the upper class, high-maintenance types therefore they are the least inclined to warm up to foreign men.

I think east Germany and the smaller towns of west Germany are ripe for the picking, so visit Munich for the culture, shopping, restaurants and Oktoberfest.
I agree but I think the girls are hotter in the south. Pheonix, don't bother with Frankfurt that city sucks. It's the ECB headquarters and is strictly a business city. Your better off like Contrian said going to the smaller cities in the east to find women. The a small town outside of Munich that I liked called Bad Tölz check out the photo's on google.
It doesn't suck THAT bad. You just have to know where people socialize... The part of Frankfurt were people actually live is middle to upper-class people mostly. The smaller cities are also near former and current Military installations.

For large cities, I still say Berlin is Number #1, it has many expats in it for one thing and lots of Russians/Ukrainians. In fact don't be shocked if most of the women looking for a man like you are in fact not German but Eastern European...
djfourmoney
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by djfourmoney »

The_Hero_of_Men wrote:

Why would she warn you against going to Russia?
1) Moscow is one of the most expensive places on earth to live

2) Most people outside of Russia that are former members of the USSR don't like Russia or Russians, see Stalin.

3) Moscow and St Pete are the two largest and cosmopolitan cities in Russia, that would be the most "friendly" to foreigners but likely terrible for dating prospects.

Most wife hunters are going into the Urals and other places in Russia (a HUGE country) looking for women. Women in those two cites are like women in any major city in the world. Some are high maintenance, some aren't, some are poor with children, others are from far flung villages that came to the big city for job opportunities.

Plus you have to get a Visa and its good for 90 days and $90-$100. Beyond that, I am not sure what you need to do to stay longer. Ukraine is vastly cheaper, requires no Visa and its largely the same pool of women. Kiev will have women very much like I describe of what you'll find in Moscow. You'll find some English speakers and many non-English speakers among the pool of available women.
djfourmoney
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by djfourmoney »

ladislav wrote:
Obviously, this is a mock post. Of course I am not going to Ethiopia. I am moving to Germany. I made this thread for a few posters. Will not name names, but they probably know who they are. Telling me to go back to Africa, but all of a sudden they are not posting in this thread for some reason. I thought they would cheer me on!
I would cheer you on. Ethiopia from what I have heard is a wonderful country. And it is a great place for Black US guys. You can get women that look like LaTonya Jackson there. It is ultra cheap and the culture is amazing as is the food. I am thinking of trying to go there myself.

Now, as far as the racists telling black American guys to go back to Africa, well, these people are mostly dumbos. Do they know anything about visas?

Most African countries are a b-tch to get visas into and these are expensive, as well. Next time someone tells you that tell them- "get me the visa, buy me a ticket and I am on the next plane out. And while we are at it, you go back to Europe!" Then you buy him a ticket, get him a visa and the way you go! Lol!

Generally both black and white Americans will have hard time immigrating into Africa or Europe unless they are rich or have an international job. It is the visa thing.

And as America slides into a Third World status, I predict more and more visa problems for the US refugees as we all try to resettle in all these newly prosperous countries.
As I have been saying, Marry A Local, problem sorted....

It is not "easier said than done" either. You have to mean likely hundreds of women in an extended amount of time. I would be trolling dating sites, social networks and night clubs on a regular basis until I came up with rough 5-10 girls that can't get enough of me.

You don't pick the woman, she picks you. Its up to you to accept that offer.

I'll take just about anybody but you have to meet my min, which is: Caucasian, Latin or Mixed Heritage, childless (but want children), not too "ugly" (at least cute to somebody besides myself and your mother) and not too short (under 5'5, though if she's very attractive I'll make an exception).

This ensures -

I'm not specifically looking for "hot" women. She'll be attractive by default because any woman that digs me is usually fat, not ugly.

Now what upsets the Apple Cart is marrying a Eastern European...

First her status needs to be sorted to allow freedom of movement. If she's not an EU passport holder but a CIS passport holder (like my friend Irina) its best to get her a Green Card, which qualifies her to get a US Passport. Despite what Ladislav has said and I agree that the US is on a downward spiral, it will take a while and some major issue, see Japan. Having a US passport allows the next most freedom of movement, only holding an EU passport is better.

As for bracing for what happens in the US, I think you'll wanna be either in a really cheap place (parts of SE Asia and South America) where land is cheap or you wanna be in the EU where I think two things will eventually happen, Europe will drop out of NATO or at least not support any more US wars in the Middle East and Northern Africa.

To several women I have talked too, I have floated the idea of living in Mexico, Central America or Northern South America. I also recently found a couple of blogs and a location of some very affordable lake front property in Central America. They are open to it and that's not surprising.... Try that with an American Woman that isn't a hipster, hippy or some other bohemian type.