N/A2

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
eurobrat
Veteran Poster

N/A2

Post by eurobrat »

N/A
Last edited by eurobrat on May 13th, 2013, 5:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NorthAmericanguy
Veteran Poster

Re: Doing business in the USA

Post by NorthAmericanguy »

eurobrat wrote:Companies don't want to pay anymore 70K jobs are the new 100K.
Because they can go to India or China and hire them to do the same job for less money and they will work harder.

eurobrat wrote:Employees don't really want to work that much harder.
Because on one hand, after scandals like Enron, Americans see it does not pay be hardworking or loyal to companies who screw you over in the end. And on the other hand, Americans have become very sick, lazy, and fat over the decades.

eurobrat wrote:And besides the Web, starting up a company from scratch has become nearly impossible because of costs.

It use to be you could work at a place for 5-7 years save up some dough and then startup your own business.
It depends on what kind of business because all businesses have different amounts of required start up cost.

Generally speaking, a labor intensive blue collar trade is a good bet right now and they don't cost that much to start compared to opening a restaurant.

For example, I know a guy who does nothing but scrape the popcorn ceilings and installs recessed lights to modernize older homes. Sure, he took a hit with the economy, so he downsized from 3-4 guys to now 1-2 guys, but he still does well even with a wife and kids.
eurobrat
Veteran Poster

Post by eurobrat »

Serious health problems come from doing popcorn scraping. I scraped my own in my condo.
NorthAmericanguy
Veteran Poster

eurobrat wrote:Serious health problems come from doing popcorn scraping. I scraped my own in my condo.
Well there is hazards to any job in some way shape or form. Hell, even sitting down everyday at a desk job is REALLY bad for you.

Anyhow, there are some very good respirators on the market, so between that and a good suit, you should be OK; though this is not my particular field, so I'm not really qualified to add more about it.
eurobrat
Veteran Poster

Post by eurobrat »

When you run into some asbestos you didn't know was there, don't be surprised if you have lung cancer in 3 years.
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by zboy1 »

High paying manufacturing jobs simply don't exist anymore in the US. The only jobs available these days are low-paying service oriented jobs like working in a McDonald's or a job in retail. There's also lots of sales jobs available, but only a very few do well in that field. The only one's doing well in this economy are doctors, lawyers, engineers, high-level managers, and accountants. In another words, jobs that require post-graduate degrees in order to be successful. In even then, the competition is fierce.
NorthAmericanguy
Veteran Poster

eurobrat wrote:When you run into some asbestos you didn't know was there, don't be surprised if you have lung cancer in 3 years.

Dude, there are people who have lung cancer from just working in a old office building because the asbestos was in the ventilation systems.

This is a real issue around the Washington DC area as told to me by a contractor.

http://www.mesolawsuit.com/articles/ven ... -asbestos/
http://www.mesothelioma.com/news/2011/1 ... bestos.htm
eurobrat
Veteran Poster

Post by eurobrat »

true!
eurobrat
Veteran Poster

Post by eurobrat »

Whats business like in other countries any reports???

Return to “General Discussions”