How many of you are married or divorced?

Ask questions and get advice. Disclaimer: Any advice you take here is at your own risk. We are not liable for any consequences you might incur from following advice here. Note: Before posting your question, do a search for it in the Google Search box at the top to see if it's been addressed.
sambrown
Freshman Poster

Post by sambrown »

I am divorced but am happy.

Post by mehendicant »

I'm 48 years old and have never been married. I've had two dates in my life.
ErikHeaven
Experienced Poster

No marriage for me

Post by ErikHeaven »

I am a baby daddy and i am proud of it. I will get married one day (Stupid me yes i know) yet it will be with an Asian woman in Asia not from America. I paid support for my son until 21 now i continue to pay for my 10 year old daughter. I always knew marriage was a racket in America. In different parts of the world marriage laws work well for men.
I love my children, the mother's are wackjob American women. What more to say?
ExpeditionSailor
Freshman Poster

Post by ExpeditionSailor »

pete98146 wrote:I was married to my practice wife (AW) for 7 years. Got a divorce and married my current wife. Nevertheless I'm MUCH happier the second time around.

First time I made the mistake marrying her. Don't get me wrong, she's a very nice girl and we still talk now and then. But like many others, I reached my early 30s and thought to myself, "hey it's time to get married and settled down." Too many people fall in love with the idea of getting married which can get you into trouble fast.
Best idea, I think, is to be engaged for 18 months and see how you feel after the bloom is off the rose, so to speak. I've learned that romantic feelings tend to die off around the 18-month mark and at that point you will be more likely to see your intended for who and what she really is.
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

mehendicant wrote:I'm 48 years old and have never been married. I've had two dates in my life.
It's sad how difficult it is to even get a date with an American woman. My roommate from college is 43 and he HAS NEVER had a date in his life! I kid you not, this guy is good looking, in shape and has a decent job but he is very shy around women and has only asked out one girl in his whole life (back in high school). As you can guess, the girl turned him down. :shock:

He goes to bars and clubs occassionally but nothing happens. He has used online dating but not one woman responded to his profile. He also messaged a whole bunch of women but again, not one woman responded to him.

Needless to say, he has never had sex with a woman or even kissed a girl. While we were roommates in college, I had a girlfriend at the time and invited him to hang out with us. He did go out to eat with us and go to the movies with me and my girlfriend a few times. My girlfriend said that he was a good looking guy and could not understand why he was not able to meet any girls.

To this day, he STILL has not met any girls! I told him to travel to the Philippines or Ukraine because it's a LOT easier to meet women there. He said he will consider it when he gets some vacation time from his job.
"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."
Falcon
Experienced Poster

Post by Falcon »

Jamesbond, there are hordes of American guys who look like studs but have never had any girlfriends, or even dates. I personally know many of those people. Needless to say, women from regions such as Latin America and Southeast Asia cannot understand why these kinds of guys are completely dateless. On the other hand, Americans pretend to understand why they are dateless by using shaming tactics such as:

- "It's just you. Work on your inner qualities some more."
- "You need to get out more."
- "You need to be more assertive."

BS. Plenty of guys who already have all 3 of the above are still hopelessly dateless.

The real solution? Pair up the women who cannot understand why they are dateless, why the eligible dateless guys. Then it would be a win-win situation. I know it works because I was one of those guys.

As for your friend who has asked out only one girl in high school, I doubt it would be any better (maybe even more traumatizing) if he had asked out more people. In high school, I had asked out at almost 10 different girls. A few were successful (though none ended up in long-term relationships), but the rest ended up disastrously.
aozora13
Freshman Poster

Post by aozora13 »

I agree with Falcon. Usually my family and friends tell me the same thing. I go to clubs. I tried to talk to women and tried to dance (happens in other countries too). I also tried online dating which produced mixed results (dates, dated a girl). American culture is not friendly to decent guys who want to actually date a interesting girl.

I am single. I guess because of my appearance, personality (as I am a quite -slightly above average appearance-)

I believe that most guys should realize that it is possible for most men to get a decent women from another country. Probably would be better if you spoke her language if you can.
The_Hero_of_Men
Experienced Poster

Post by The_Hero_of_Men »

Falcon wrote:
- "You need to be (more) assertive."
What are some effective countermeasures for these shaming tactics (besides knowing people who do all three of these and are still dateless)? I'm asking because if someone uses any (or all) of these, I really want to so effectively counter their tactics that they will think twice.
Wielding the blade of evil's bane, he sealed the dark one away and gave the land light. This man, who traveled through time to save the land, was known as the Hero of Men. The man's tale was passed down through generations until it became legend...
Falcon
Experienced Poster

Post by Falcon »

For rebuttals to these various shaming tactics, see

http://exposingfeminism.wordpress.com/shaming-tactics/

http://menforjustice.net/cms/index.php? ... &Itemid=49

Be sure to watch Steve Hoca's 4-part series on shaming tactics too.

PART 1
#1 "You need to get touch with the person within you."
#2 "You need to have confidence."
#3 "You've got not care what other people think."

PART 2
#4 "You need to get out more."
#5 "You gotta have game."
#6 "You need to go to the gym."
[Type into a search engine: "Michael Phelps is ugly."]

PART 3
["When a woman likes a man, the reasons behind it are irrelevant; she just likes him."]
#7 "Biology does not favor you."
#8 "Women can pick up you your vibes, aura, etc."

PART 4
#9 "You're just saying that because you're not successful in the dating game."
#10 "You're scaring me!"
#11 "You need to go out there and take a chance."

@ aozora13
Clubs are not good places to meet women because people who frequent them tend to be stuck up. Online dating is generally not a good option either - see viewtopic.php?p=75855 . Supposedly, one of the best places to meet women for young men is college campuses, but even many outgoing, sociable, intelligent young men there find themselves dateless (like me).

I would definitely recommend speaking the woman's native / heritage language. I have always dated Mexican women who spoke no English at all. The English-speaking ones have often spent a lot of time in the U.S., and tend to attract Americanized men.
PeterAndrewNolan
Experienced Poster

Re: How many of you are married or divorced?

Post by PeterAndrewNolan »

Guyver,
I am 48. I knew my wife as a kid. Her brother and I were mates. I met her when I was 12. We started dating when I was 20, married at 25, divorced at 44 so 18 years married.

She was one who got "accidentally pregnant" and married the guy at 17 and divorced by 20. She made claims of violence and abuse. Since she made the same claims against me her claims against her first husband really do not stand up whether they are true or not.
PeterAndrewNolan
Experienced Poster

Post by PeterAndrewNolan »

The_Hero_of_Men wrote:
Falcon wrote:
- "You need to be (more) assertive."
What are some effective countermeasures for these shaming tactics (besides knowing people who do all three of these and are still dateless)? I'm asking because if someone uses any (or all) of these, I really want to so effectively counter their tactics that they will think twice.
Simple....Ignore them. Women make up all sort of shit to tell you what you should do. Just ignore them. The best thing to do is to create your own business and have money. Women are attracted to a man with money like bees to honey. Its that simple. If you dont have money be an alpha.

Then again....why someone wants to "attract a woman" is now beyond me. I know I did it because I was brainwashed. As I said to my fav#1 attracting a woman is the same as a surfer attracting a shark....not a good idea.