Encouraging video about dating demographics in Russia

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
GuitarGuy996
Freshman Poster

Encouraging video about dating demographics in Russia

Post by GuitarGuy996 »

According to this video: women in Russia outnumber men 12:1 (at least in the above 30 bracket)

This makes me all the more excited about my trip in May and may encourage some to do the same.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Taco
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Encouraging video about dating demographics in Russia

Post by Taco »

GuitarGuy996 wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yeLhVNWRLwQ

According to this video: women in Russia outnumber men 12:1 (at least in the above 30 bracket)

This makes me all the more excited about my trip in May and may encourage some to do the same.

:D
Bring lots of condoms, as if you didn't know that. Also, bring some American food with you too.
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Encouraging video about dating demographics in Russia

Post by jamesbond »

GuitarGuy996 wrote:According to this video: women in Russia outnumber men 12:1 (at least in the above 30 bracket)

Holy smokes, did you hear the announcer in the video say that in Russia, there are 10 million more women than men! :shock:

Also, like you mentioned GuitarGuy, from age 30 and up, there are 12 women for every 1 man! :shock:

Holy Dog Shit, those ratios really favor men! :D
"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

Holy Guacamole! Check out this Russian woman discribing life in Russia and other things, in the second video she talks about age differences Russian women prefer with men. She has one of the sexiest female voices I have ever heard in my life, she is also hotter than the devil. :P

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N8H2yqrN ... re=channel[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S7rKMkem ... re=channel[/youtube]
"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."
Someone
Freshman Poster

Post by Someone »

This is an encouraging video, but I'm sorry to say this, most of the women shown (with the exception of the reporter at the very end) are unattractive; no make-up and the facial features are a little frumpy.

The reporter at the end is beautiful and has Western features, absolutely. But the majority of Russian women don't look like that and I feel this is something that doesn't get mentioned too often. Of course, the more women there are, the better the chances of finding a cute one.
OutWest
Veteran Poster

Fantasy vs Demographics

Post by OutWest »

GuitarGuy996 wrote:According to this video: women in Russia outnumber men 12:1 (at least in the above 30 bracket)

At what point does the goofy-meter go off? !2 to 1 ratio...100 to 1 ?
does ANYONE bother to check easily accessible demographic figures?
As of 2010, the age/sex ration in Russia for ages 15-65 was .92 male per female.
And no, you wont be raped on arrival at the airport by pretty blonds either...
Someone
Freshman Poster

Re: Fantasy vs Demographics

Post by Someone »

OutWest wrote: At what point does the goofy-meter go off? !2 to 1 ratio...100 to 1 ?
As of 2010, the age/sex ration in Russia for ages 15-65 was .92 male per female.
yeah. That "dozen to 1" seems way too good to be true.

BTW, guys, if any of you have browsed pictures from the Russian protests in Moscow, there's no shortage of men there.

Still, they're not talking about the 15-65 demographic, they're talking about the 30-65 demographic, which is different. There's high mortality for men under 30 so that will skew the numbers closer to what they report. But probably still not 12:1, that's beyond the realm of possibilities.

For the record, I'm friends with some Russians on their version of Facebook, and I see that young Russian girls behave in exactly the same "princess-like" ways on their Facebook as American girls do on FB. So competition for younger girls is still considerable, although of course it's a thousand times easier than in America.
OutWest
Veteran Poster

Post by OutWest »

Someone wrote:
OutWest wrote: At what point does the goofy-meter go off? !2 to 1 ratio...100 to 1 ?
yeah. That "dozen to 1" seems way too good to be true.

BTW, guys, if any of you have browsed pictures from the Russian protests in Moscow, there's no shortage of men there.

Still, they're not talking about the 15-65 demographic, they're talking about the 30-65 demographic, which is different. There's high mortality for men under 30 so that will skew the numbers closer to what they report. But probably still not 12:1, that's beyond the realm of possibilities.

For the record, I'm friends with some Russians on their version of Facebook, and I see that young Russian girls behave in exactly the same "princess-like" ways on their Facebook as American girls do on FB. So competition for younger girls is still considerable, although of course it's a thousand times easier than in America.

If you look at a population pyramid of age/sex distribution, you will see that in fact slightly more males are born than females, and nothing radical happens except for small surges of attrition and a longer general life expectancy for females till at age 65 and above, Women outnumber men by about 2 to 1. If you are into Russian grandmas..it's a goldmine!

outwest
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by ladislav »

12 to 1 is an impossibility and a wild exaggeration.

Here is the ratio ( wikipedai):

at birth: 1.05 male(s)/female
under 15 years: 1.05 male(s)/female
15–64 years: 0.92 male(s)/female
65 years and over: 0.46 male(s)/female
total population: 0.86 male(s)/female (2009)[27]

For every 10 guys there are 11 gals, but after 65 it is 2 women per man. Yeah, babushkas are they way to go, man.
A brain is a terrible thing to wash!
Someone
Freshman Poster

Post by Someone »

OutWest wrote: If you look at a population pyramid of age/sex distribution, you will see that in fact slightly more males are born than females, and nothing radical happens except for small surges of attrition and a longer general life expectancy for females till at age 65 and above, Women outnumber men by about 2 to 1. If you are into Russian grandmas..it's a goldmine!

outwest
Indeed slightly more males are born than females, but the attrition rate varies A LOT across countries!

You can't really compare the West's attrition rate with Russia's. Even at 30 years old, the number of men who are alive and who aren't alcoholics or criminals in Russia is MASSIVELY smaller than in America, for example. So it's a little disingenuous to say that all countries have approximately the same rate at which the ratios equalise over time.
OutWest
Veteran Poster

Post by OutWest »

ladislav wrote:12 to 1 is an impossibility and a wild exaggeration.

Here is the ratio ( wikipedai):

at birth: 1.05 male(s)/female
under 15 years: 1.05 male(s)/female
15–64 years: 0.92 male(s)/female
65 years and over: 0.46 male(s)/female
total population: 0.86 male(s)/female (2009)[27]

For every 10 guys there are 11 gals, but after 65 it is 2 women per man. Yeah, babushkas are they way to go, man.
Lad- I guess you are just stuck with some 20 something Filipina my friend...
people believe what they want to believe...till reality hits

outwest
Someone
Freshman Poster

Post by Someone »

The thing is that even 11 gals / 10 guys is a ratio that Western men can only dream about until they're in their late 50s. The fact that even young men in their 20s, for example, can enjoy a slight female surplus, is absolutely remarkable from an American standpoint. I would guess that in the US there are 7-8 girls / 10 guys in that age range.

Most guys in America assume by default that they have to struggle, but in Russia, even the young guys don't have to struggle, let alone older men.
OutWest
Veteran Poster

Post by OutWest »

Someone wrote:
OutWest wrote: If you look at a population pyramid of age/sex distribution, you will see that in fact slightly more males are born than females, and nothing radical happens except for small surges of attrition and a longer general life expectancy for females till at age 65 and above, Women outnumber men by about 2 to 1. If you are into Russian grandmas..it's a goldmine!

outwest
Indeed slightly more males are born than females, but the attrition rate varies A LOT across countries!

You can't really compare the West's attrition rate with Russia's. Even at 30 years old, the number of men who are alive and who aren't alcoholics or criminals in Russia is MASSIVELY smaller than in America, for example. So it's a little disingenuous to say that all countries have approximately the same rate at which the ratios equalise over time.
Disingenuous? LOL Look at the population pyramid for RUSSIA for age/sex distribution...I'm not using info for North Carolina or something!

The BIGGEST factor here by far, is something unrelated to the actual age/sex distribution, but something that is a factor in many countries, the USA and likely even more in Russia, that being if you look at the given population of age 20 to 30 females, those in prime marriageable years, they are pursued in turn by a much wider population base from the male side, likely males age 20 to 40 or even older in some places. This leads to situations where there are gluts of older women - (older being whatever is considered over-the-hill by local males) and men their age are chasing that population of younger women.
This is a driving force in many locations. Think about it...how many times some hot 23 year old tart is in the sites of a clumsy 23 year old male (as most are) only to be swept away by an older , smoother and more established male with more savvy all around...I know...sometimes I was that younger man seeing it happen, and when I got older, I was sometimes that older smoother better operator who knew EXACTLY what he wanted.
I met and courted my wife in exactly that circumstance.

Most men of 20 ..or 40..in realty are not so complicated, except in the pretenses. What they want is firm tits and a tight ass and at least enough intelligence and heart so they won't drive you batshit INSANE! Trying to find dome kind of solace in statistics is a fools errand.

Be a man who is one in a hundred yourself and you really cut out the population of competition at any age!

outwest
Mindanao, Philippines
Someone
Freshman Poster

Post by Someone »

There's no "glut" of single older women in the USA. I assure you they still receive a considerable amount of attention from American guys. And these days, many of them go for younger guys themselves.

What you're describing may have been true a few decades ago, but not anymore.

On local community sites such as City-Data.com, I regualrly see posts by 45-year-old men in cities like Denver, Vegas, LA, and even on the East Coast, who are wealthy and successful, and who'd like nothing more than to find a woman around 35, and they're struggling to even get that. I'm not kidding. It's not because American women are X, Y, or Z, it's because there aren't enough women period. They don't have a selection to choose from in the first place, so it's not like they're rejecting American women because they don't like them.
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Rock »

OutWest wrote:
At what point does the goofy-meter go off? !2 to 1 ratio...100 to 1 ?
And no, you wont be raped on arrival at the airport by pretty blonds either...[/quote]

Here here. I used to hear similar shit being touted about Colombia due to the civil war, etc.

I'm quite sure there is no country on the planet with lots of decent or better looking women who can often be had by expats with a 18-40 age bracked female:male ratio of even as good 1.5 / 1. I doubt you could even find one with a 1.2 / 1 ratio. 2 / 1, 5 / 1, 10 / 1, or even 12 / 1 is just total BS!!!

I challenge anyone who disagrees to put up solid stats on any doable country (open to expats) which suggests otherwise. So many dating and marriage agencies perpetuate blatant lies which get passed around and get mistaken for reality.