Getting blocked by a female friend on Facebook.

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
Voice of Reason
Junior Poster

Re: Getting blocked by a female friend on Facebook.

Post by Voice of Reason »

Jackal wrote:
Voice of Reason wrote:Today, I was blocked by a female friend on Facebook. I was wondering whether you think she was justified or not.
It's hard to say without knowing you better. But I think that she could have thought that you'd keep annoying her with messages on facebook if she didn't block you: "Hey, I'm normal." "Really, I'm normal--I'm serious!" "Hey! Why won't you talk to me?" "Hey, is everything alright?" Maybe she was trying to avoid that kind of thing.
That makes a lot of sense, but I still think it's a bit unfriendly to just block someone like that. I would never block someone after just one message, no matter how weird it was.
Perhaps it would be more important for you to find some long-term solution for your anxiety, such as regularly doing yoga, tai chi, or meditation or perhaps even playing a musical instrument--whatever works for you. Once you get a bit more control of yourself emotionally, you will have less of these problems in the future.
Yes, I'm working on that. I'm going overseas on a long term basis, which will help reduce my anxiety, because it will satisfy my hunger for learning more about the world.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Voice of Reason
Junior Poster

ph_visitor wrote:Does she have a telephone? Do you have a telephone?
Call her.
Yes, and yes. I don't have her number.
Do you meet in person? Ask her.
Not often, and I don't know when next I'll see her.

And what will I ask her? Whether she thinks it it justified or not that she blocked me? Of course she will say yes, she is the one who did it...I won't get an objective answer from her. That's why I posted the question here. Don't you get it?
This whole internet thing is for losers and the socially maladapt. Real people meet in person.
Since you are so socially adept, maybe you can help me out and impart more of your wisdom and teach me some of your high level skills. Of course we would have to meet up in person, seeing as though you look down so much on internet communication. What country and city do you live in? When is the next flight there?
Jackal
Experienced Poster

Post by Jackal »

Voice of Reason wrote:
That makes a lot of sense, but I still think it's a bit unfriendly to just block someone like that. I would never block someone after just one message, no matter how weird it was.
Yeah, well, that's modern Americans for ya! Most are unfriendly and paranoid! Lol It may not be nice, but there isn't anything you can do to change these people.
Voice of Reason wrote: Yes, I'm working on that. I'm going overseas on a long term basis, which will help reduce my anxiety, because it will satisfy my hunger for learning more about the world.
Well, perhaps and perhaps not. Travelling overseas has its good points, but it can also be very stressful. I would recommend that you find ways of reducing and dealing with stress now because you may also face lots of stress (although perhaps different kinds of stress) overseas.

Living someplace where you don't speak the language well and where people don't speak much English can be quite stressful for those who are not used to it: Even simple daily tasks become a bit stressful in this kind of environment. You might also find yourself hassling with the local immigration office over paperwork, which can also be a stressful experience.

You can improve your life overseas, but don't expect it to be a stress-free heaven! My first year in Hungary was very difficult, but now I've gotten used to things.
emh
Freshman Poster

Post by emh »

Jackal wrote:
Voice of Reason wrote:
Yeah, well, that's modern Americans for ya! Most are unfriendly and paranoid! Lol It may not be nice, but there isn't anything you can do to change these people.
Voice of Reason wrote: Yes, I'm working on that. I'm going overseas on a long term basis, which will help reduce my anxiety, because it will satisfy my hunger for learning more about the world.
Well, perhaps and perhaps not. Travelling overseas has its good points, but it can also be very stressful. I would recommend that you find ways of reducing and dealing with stress now because you may also face lots of stress (although perhaps different kinds of stress) overseas.

Living someplace where you don't speak the language well and where people don't speak much English can be quite stressful for those who are not used to it: Even simple daily tasks become a bit stressful in this kind of environment. You might also find yourself hassling with the local immigration office over paperwork, which can also be a stressful experience.

You can improve your life overseas, but don't expect it to be a stress-free heaven! My first year in Hungary was very difficult, but now I've gotten used to things.
As someone who's spent a fair amount of time traveling and living outside of the US, what you said is 100% true. Things that are simple in your home country become incredible challenges in another country.
ph_visitor
Freshman Poster

Post by ph_visitor »

Voice of Reason wrote:
ph_visitor wrote:

And what will I ask her?
Jesus Christ.

She isn't your friend. She is an acquaintance and you don't know what to say to her?

How about asking her a direct question - that would work.

Where are your balls, man?

Cut the bullshit and get to the point and confront her.
GuitarGuy996
Freshman Poster

Post by GuitarGuy996 »

Voice of Reason - don't let guys on here shame you. Anxiety is nothing to be ashamed about, I experience it as well.

This woman is typical and heartless. Don't let it get you down.
ssjparris
Junior Poster

Post by ssjparris »

if you have not talked to her already....here is something people barely notice and could VERY WELL be the actual reason for the block

facebook BLOCKS DELETES, BLOCKS MESSEGES. It wont be the person doing it. it will be facebook doing it.

i have had so many foreign friends taken off my friend list and i cant contact them any more. even when i use another account. facebook
knows about that 2nd account i have and blocks the messeges from being sent.

my friends told me they never blocked me. but facebook blocks them without warning.

so more then likely it is facebook blocking her. not her getting angry at you.

try connecting with her to find the truth.

anxiety is okay.

as winston said. your mental health will increase positively overseas. just do your best to get out.
Voice of Reason
Junior Poster

Thank you everyone for all your comments. I think I can conclude that what I said was a little bit weird. But I don't think it was entirely out of line, and blocking me was harsh and heartless.

I know going overseas will be stressful, but as ssjparis says, it will improve my mental health. I feel that a huge part of my anxiety is that I haven't done much with my life, and not challenged myself. I need the learning experience. I did go overseas last year for five weeks to Southeast Asia, and it was temporarily healing for my mind, and enriched me. I found it easy to make friends there, especially with women. There is a lot of truth to what Winston says when he speaks of Western V Foreign women.
Voice of Reason
Junior Poster

Jackal wrote:
Voice of Reason wrote:
Actually I am in Australia :) But it's the same thing, and from my point of view it has been getting progressively worse in the past ten years or so.
Voice of Reason
Junior Poster

ph_visitor wrote:
Voice of Reason wrote:
ph_visitor wrote:

And what will I ask her?
Jesus Christ.

She isn't your friend. She is an acquaintance and you don't know what to say to her?

How about asking her a direct question - that would work.

Where are your balls, man?

Cut the bullshit and get to the point and confront her.
Take a hike.
Voice of Reason
Junior Poster

ssjparris wrote:if you have not talked to her already....here is something people barely notice and could VERY WELL be the actual reason for the block

facebook BLOCKS DELETES, BLOCKS MESSEGES. It wont be the person doing it. it will be facebook doing it.

i have had so many foreign friends taken off my friend list and i cant contact them any more. even when i use another account. facebook
knows about that 2nd account i have and blocks the messeges from being sent.

my friends told me they never blocked me. but facebook blocks them without warning.

so more then likely it is facebook blocking her. not her getting angry at you.

try connecting with her to find the truth.

anxiety is okay.

as winston said. your mental health will increase positively overseas. just do your best to get out.
That is a good point...Facebook can be glitchy at times. But all the evidence points to her blocking me. For one, it was the timing of it all - it happened less than 24 hours after I sent the message. I sent her messages on an unrelated matter a few weeks before, and nothing happened. And this has never happened with anyone else before.

All her comments to other friends have disappeared. I searched for her name, and it doesn't come up like before. She is not on any of my friends friend-lists anymore. (I'm not stalking, I just trying to find out what happened). Its like she has disappeared from Facebook. If she deleted her account, I still think her previous comments would show up. It's like she blocked me, and it seems when you block someone on Facebook, they are unable to see any of your comments, making it impossible to interact. And she was pretty active on Facebook too.
Jackal
Experienced Poster

Post by Jackal »

Voice of Reason wrote:I did go overseas last year for five weeks to Southeast Asia
Ah, okay, now you sound like a survivor! 5 weeks is a good length of time.

So then just forget about this bitch. Even if you did find out her reason for blocking you, it might turn out to be such a stupid reason that you wouldn't learn anything from it anyway. Women often just react emotionally like animals and don't always have logical reasons for what they do.

"Why'd ya do that?"
"Um, I dunno... he just, like, made me feel weird 'n stuff..."

Why does one deer run away from you, but another one lets you walk up to it and pet it? Who knows...

Sometimes it's just not worth figuring out! Lol
Capster78
Freshman Poster

Post by Capster78 »

Sounds to me like you have a thing for this girl. While she might think your nice and does not mind talking to you, she may feel you are trying to be more than friends which is all she probably wants. You might be trying to be closer to her than she is willing to be with you. The creation of this thread alone tells me that you care about her reactions to you enough to be bothered by it. Then later in the thread someone asks if you could just call her, and you dont have her number. Which to me means she does not feel close enough to you to give you her phone number. This is a lesson that was hard learned by me early on in my shy dating years in high school. You can't be passive with women. They will talk to you just to be nice to you if they think your nice, but that is as far as you will get. If you expect more than that, then you need to be direct and ask those questions like.. what is your phone number? and would you like to go out sometime? If she is not interested, you will find out right away. Versus being strung along by someone just trying to be nice to you.
Married to a sweet Filipina girl an never looking back!
Capster78
Freshman Poster

Post by Capster78 »

Let me also add that there is no reason to be a friend to a female unless....

1. you are getting laid (with benifits)
2. you are getting laid by her friends
3. you are already married and your friends with their husband/boyfriend

Other than that, there is no reason to be a "friend".

Women who say they have a lot of male friends really have a lot of males trying to get into their pants.. Unless they are gay, there is no other reason they would be her "friend". They have that hope in their minds that maybe one day they will get lucky and get laid.
Married to a sweet Filipina girl an never looking back!
AltairVegaZero
Freshman Poster

getting blocked on facebook

Post by AltairVegaZero »

You should try meeting her in person, that way both of you could be hopefully honest with each other. The trends have changed over time and Facebook has become that medium but it doesn't make up the fact that it still is quite ineffective when it comes to relationships and such..went through a terrible breakup because of that :( anyway I've experienced it myself.

Getting blocked out on facebook by that person you like or should i say love. First thing I thought was maybe I should create a new profile to see her again, but then due to privacy restrictions i was still unable to see her..it feels pathetic to be honest but I found some tips on this site http://darktips.com/how-to-tell-who-blo ... n-facebook I'd like to share this one to all. I know that won't make her unblock me but at least I might have some clues as to why she did it.

I see that you're going overseas, I think that can help reduce any anxiety you feel right now. It would be great to learn more about different cultures and lifestyles too.