My Powerpoint Presentation on HA and International Dating

Ask questions and get advice. Disclaimer: Any advice you take here is at your own risk. We are not liable for any consequences you might incur from following advice here. Note: Before posting your question, do a search for it in the Google Search box at the top to see if it's been addressed.
Winston
Site Admin

My Powerpoint Presentation on HA and International Dating

Post by Winston »

Hi all,

Check out me and Steve's Powerpoint Presentation on International Dating. We are going to use this as an online slide show intro for new visitors here, and also use a few slides for our AFA interview too.

Here is the link to download it:

http://www.happierabroad.com/HappierAbroad.ppsx

Let me know what you guys think, or if you have any suggestions for modifications.

Also, does anyone here know of a way to upload a Powerpoint file into an online slide show that's easy to navigate? I tried saving the file into a web page version, but when I uploaded it, the slides didn't show correctly and looked totally funky. Is there a better way to do it?

I am also thinking of narrating these slides and turning it into a video for YouTube, like I've seen other people do. But my Powerpoint 2007 doesn't have the ability to convert the slide show into a video. What's an easy way to do that?

Thanks,
Winston
Last edited by Winston on March 30th, 2012, 12:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Come on guys. What's your feedback?

Anyway, I've just expanded the slide show by expanding on the three point comparison in it, adding an implications and solutions section, and adding more slides to Steve Neese's information on divorce. I've also included two great quotes from Ladislav.

I've linked the Presentation at the top of the home page and on all the intro pages too. Let me know what you think. I think you will find it very compelling, insightful and easy to understand.

http://www.happierabroad.com/HappierAbroad.ppsx
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

I just checked it out it looks good. I especially liked the slide show of the approachable faces of FSU women. Also, the divorce stats for American marriages and for men who marry foreign women.

I really like this statistic, "In America, within the 25 to 40 year old age group, single men outnumber single women by 20%." This is absolutley one of the main reasons why the dating scene is so difficult for men in America. :shock:
"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."
WuFan
Freshman Poster

Post by WuFan »

In America, within the 25 to 40 year old age group, single men outnumber single women by 20%
Where did you get this fact from Winston?

Source?
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

WuFan wrote:
In America, within the 25 to 40 year old age group, single men outnumber single women by 20%
Where did you get this fact from Winston?

Source?
See the PowerPoint Presentation or Steve's Research Section. It is referenced from certain sites and expert opinions. Steve compiled it and referenced them. Watch the presentation.

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Btw, some people are unable to open and view the PowerPoint Presentation, because they don't have PowerPoint installed on their computer. But I saved it as a slide show, which usually opens whether you have MS Office or PowerPoint installed or not. Lots of people forward PowerPoint slide shows as .pps files to their friends, and they open up fine. How come mine doesn't?

The extension of my slide show is .ppsx though. But the ones I see passed around are .pps. What's the difference? How do I save it as a .pps slide show? I don't see a function in the Save menu of my PowerPoint 2007 to save in .pps.

Is the .pps version the one that everyone can open without needing to have MS Office installed? If so, how do I get my presentation into that format? I don't see any way of saving in that format in PowerPoint.

Any idea how to do it?

Momopi?

shiryu400
Freshman Poster

Post by shiryu400 »

Wow, I just watched it. It looks pretty good.

A youtube version would be cool, though. But a documentary would be even better.

Winston, do you have any ideas about or have you made a full professional documentary about this stuff? That would really get the message out there.
''Actually, with those dirty movies, I find like, they're good for about fifteen, twenty minutes. I'm really interested. And, then, uh, there's one point, that all of a sudden I'm bored. You know? I-... I just lose interest completely and I feel deeply ashamed.''

-Comedian Norm MacDonald
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Not really. But I may make some YouTube videos.

Btw all, I just found out, if you don't have PowerPoint or MS Office installed, you can view my presentation by downloading PowerPoint Viewer from Microsoft, which is free.

http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/de ... ng=en&id=6

Falcon
Experienced Poster

Post by Falcon »

Wonderful job. I especially liked the second part of the presentation by "Professor Steve," since I'm an academically oriented kind of guy.

There's no need for any fancy transitions, however. They actually confuse my eyes. :P

Also I would suggest cutting down on some of the "approachable faces" photos.
momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by momopi »

http://www.happierabroad.com/SteveNeese.htm

"2) In addition, national statistics show that in the 25-40 age group, single men outnumber single woman by 10-20%â€￾. This imbalance is HUGE!!
See the stats here http://www.halfsigma.com/2008/04/unmarried-mal-1.html"
mehendicant
Freshman Poster

Post by mehendicant »

I agree with Falcon about the transitions. A checkerboard transition between text and text produces a page full of chopped letters, which is really hard on the eyes.

There's one slide which says "no PUA or game". I have some idea what you mean by "game", but "PUA" I've seen only on this site and I haven't a clue what it stands for.

I could open it with LibreOffice, but couldn't figure out how to get out of full-screen mode.
E_Irizarry
Veteran Poster

Post by E_Irizarry »

mehendicant wrote:I agree with Falcon about the transitions. A checkerboard transition between text and text produces a page full of chopped letters, which is really hard on the eyes.

There's one slide which says "no PUA or game". I have some idea what you mean by "game", but "PUA" I've seen only on this site and I haven't a clue what it stands for.

I could open it with LibreOffice, but couldn't figure out how to get out of full-screen mode.
Try to do a right-click while viewing the PPSX Happier Abroad file slide, there's a mini-menu of options (even though they don't show how one can toggle between various screen sizes).
"I appreciate the opportunities I have in America. Opportunities that allow me to live abroad." **Smiles** - Have2Fly@H.A. (2013)

"The only way to overcome that is to go abroad to get a broad."
- E. Irizarry (2009)

"MGTOW resilience is the key to foreign residence. You better muthafuckin' ask somebody!!"
- E. Irizarry (2012)

"I rather be ostracized by 157.0 million (27.3% of the US of Gay pop), then to appease 1 feminist." - E. Irizarry (2013)

TanBoy by DNA | Despedido, Hugo Chavez...Descansa en paz!
Falcon
Experienced Poster

Post by Falcon »

Simply convert the file to PDF, and nobody will be having any problems. All Microsoft Office 2007 applications, and onwards, will let you save the file as a PDF. Go to "Save As" and select PDF.

This is because PDF files are meant to be platform independent. In other words, it runs independently of whatever operating system you're using.
mehendicant
Freshman Poster

Post by mehendicant »

I already found right-click; it didn't help. I figured out that I can get to the editing window with alt-tab.

Slide 51 has text under pictures, as displayed on my screen.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »