Are Latina women not for me?

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to Latin America, Mexico, or Central America.
djfourmoney
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by djfourmoney »

kata wrote:
djfourmoney wrote:Thanks for the input Kata. I agree Contrarian is extremely pessimistic when it comes to women as a whole, not sure why but that's another thread.

Blacks generally don't travel and use too many excuses. All sorts of White People tell you you're not welcome outside of America. That is 100% BS, Poppy Cock Nonsense! Any Black Man that isn't a complete goof-ball, idiot, as you said engaging in typical stupid "nigger" behavior will quickly loose respect from most people.

I think its simple. Being able to speak SOME Spanish will prove useful. Women knowing your from a Western Country are not expecting fluency.
I think it is about having the right attitude, not just about learning random, meaningless pickup lines designed to use women as sexual objects. I agree with you though, if American black people (or other people of color for that matter) traveled more, they would break any stereotype others might have about them and reinvent the image created by the American media in such places. After all, white people are well accepted mostly because they take big bucks with them, and generally, people admire seemingly powerful, wealthy individuals.
The term "Ugly American" doesn't come from Americans of Color... Out of all my Black Friends, I am one of two people that have been outside of America. So if 37% of Americans have Passports or Passport Cards and only 7% of those use them for International Travel (Europe, Asia, South America) you can see sweeping generalizations often happen on the internet, especially when it comes to experience with other people that aren't predisposed to Americana and all its failings.

Again thanks for posting Kata...

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

E_Irizarry
Veteran Poster

Post by E_Irizarry »

kata wrote:
E_Irizarry wrote:First of all, if you are going to correct somebody, learn how to thoroughly comprehend because I did not spend a couple of tourist days there. I had a place in Tarapoto for 2 months, and I interacted with the locals outside of the the beaten path. If I am talking about my experiences, then that's what they are: my experiences, my perceptions alas which formulates my opinions.
No, honey, first off, YOU learn how to give your "opinions", ok? Because no matter how much your unique experiences shape your perceptions (which I pretty much accept and respect...as long as you don't give me a reason to do otherwise), you cannot come to a public site that any person has access to and throw a totally biased and sweeping generalization that completely affects the image of a whole country before people-who-don't-know-anything-about-it and expect not to generate reactions. If you want to specify you're giving your opinions according to your experiences, you do so (it doesn't cost a thing) instead of going around saying shit like..."Peru (which by the way is an extensive country, not limited to Tarapoto, which, as most of the jungle-region towns, can have people with quite a racial complex. I have family in the region and know how they are) is so and so." You can very well simply say "when I went there, I experienced this in this particular area specially."

Anyway, there are many factors that contribute to our experiences; it's not just skin color what determines how other people treat us (as to very simplistically go around stating that "if one is not white and blue-eyed, they are f***ed up in certain places".) There are other factors that come into place and you're conveniently ignoring them.
Uhhhh huh.
"I appreciate the opportunities I have in America. Opportunities that allow me to live abroad." **Smiles** - Have2Fly@H.A. (2013)

"The only way to overcome that is to go abroad to get a broad."
- E. Irizarry (2009)

"MGTOW resilience is the key to foreign residence. You better muthafuckin' ask somebody!!"
- E. Irizarry (2012)

"I rather be ostracized by 157.0 million (27.3% of the US of Gay pop), then to appease 1 feminist." - E. Irizarry (2013)

TanBoy by DNA | Despedido, Hugo Chavez...Descansa en paz!
E_Irizarry
Veteran Poster

Post by E_Irizarry »

djfourmoney wrote:
kata wrote:
djfourmoney wrote:Thanks for the input Kata. I agree Contrarian is extremely pessimistic when it comes to women as a whole, not sure why but that's another thread.

Blacks generally don't travel and use too many excuses. All sorts of White People tell you you're not welcome outside of America. That is 100% BS, Poppy Cock Nonsense! Any Black Man that isn't a complete goof-ball, idiot, as you said engaging in typical stupid "nigger" behavior will quickly loose respect from most people.

I think its simple. Being able to speak SOME Spanish will prove useful. Women knowing your from a Western Country are not expecting fluency.
I think it is about having the right attitude, not just about learning random, meaningless pickup lines designed to use women as sexual objects. I agree with you though, if American black people (or other people of color for that matter) traveled more, they would break any stereotype others might have about them and reinvent the image created by the American media in such places. After all, white people are well accepted mostly because they take big bucks with them, and generally, people admire seemingly powerful, wealthy individuals.
The term "Ugly American" doesn't come from Americans of Color... Out of all my Black Friends, I am one of two people that have been outside of America. So if 37% of Americans have Passports or Passport Cards and only 7% of those use them for International Travel (Europe, Asia, South America) you can see sweeping generalizations often happen on the internet, especially when it comes to experience with other people that aren't predisposed to Americana and all its failings.

Only 14% as of 2006 have US passports.
"I appreciate the opportunities I have in America. Opportunities that allow me to live abroad." **Smiles** - Have2Fly@H.A. (2013)

- E. Irizarry (2009)

"MGTOW resilience is the key to foreign residence. You better muthafuckin' ask somebody!!"
- E. Irizarry (2012)

"I rather be ostracized by 157.0 million (27.3% of the US of Gay pop), then to appease 1 feminist." - E. Irizarry (2013)

djfourmoney
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by djfourmoney »

E_Irizarry wrote:
djfourmoney wrote:
kata wrote:

Only 14% as of 2006 have US passports.
You mean Black People? Yeah that's about right... Mostly to head to the Essence Festival...
Contrarian Expatriate
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Contrarian Expatriate »

kata wrote: By the way, have you ever wondered that it could be your looks, your approach, your attitude (in my humble opinion, I'd say the reason lies here), or fill-in-the-blank and not your race what scares girls away (which seems to be the reason that reinforces your bad attitude)?? For example, in Peru, as I mentioned already, my mulato/zambo relatives/acquaintances were fairly popular and were often sought after by women, so race was not a negative factor (it was the opposite) for them as you want people to believe.
Ahhhhhh, no; But nice try. You've made some false assumptions so let me shoot them (and you) down. I was not generally attracted to Peruvian women when I was there even though some were nice-looking. The few that I did take to seemed overly-oriented towards visa-digging. Each of my colleagues that married Peruvians (about 5) divorced shortly after the green card came through.

Secondly, my opinion on their general treatment of blacks comes from what white and black Peruvians themselves pointed out to me and from my observation of how they treated expats blacks and their own blacks in so far as employment. Most Peruvians knew what time it was from me just from the car I drive, the restaurants and clubs I frequented, and my affluent neighborhood.

But since you are so bereft of a clue, why don't you learn something from black Peruvians themselves from a RECENT documentary so you can't make the dishonest claim that all has changed and now they are utopian:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EOURNldS ... re=related[/youtube]

Also, Peru does not only reserve this treatment for Afro-Peruvians, they are often WORSE with indigenous Peruvians whom they call CHOLOS, in a racially disparaging manner. It was offensive when the swarthy-skinned President Toledo won his election because he was not white enough for the Lima elites.

If you think you know about Peru, you are mistaken. Get your head out of the friggin ground. Peru is one of the worst places I've been in terms of the people. Europe renders Peru a backward wasteland if you ask me, but that is my opinion and if others like the people there, great for them.
Contrarian Expatriate
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Contrarian Expatriate »

E_Irizarry wrote:
kata wrote:
E_Irizarry wrote:First of all, if you are going to correct somebody, learn how to thoroughly comprehend because I did not spend a couple of tourist days there. I had a place in Tarapoto for 2 months, and I interacted with the locals outside of the the beaten path. If I am talking about my experiences, then that's what they are: my experiences, my perceptions alas which formulates my opinions.
No, honey, first off, YOU learn how to give your "opinions", ok? Because no matter how much your unique experiences shape your perceptions (which I pretty much accept and respect...as long as you don't give me a reason to do otherwise), you cannot come to a public site that any person has access to and throw a totally biased and sweeping generalization that completely affects the image of a whole country before people-who-don't-know-anything-about-it and expect not to generate reactions. If you want to specify you're giving your opinions according to your experiences, you do so (it doesn't cost a thing) instead of going around saying shit like..."Peru (which by the way is an extensive country, not limited to Tarapoto, which, as most of the jungle-region towns, can have people with quite a racial complex. I have family in the region and know how they are) is so and so." You can very well simply say "when I went there, I experienced this in this particular area specially."

Anyway, there are many factors that contribute to our experiences; it's not just skin color what determines how other people treat us (as to very simplistically go around stating that "if one is not white and blue-eyed, they are f***ed up in certain places".) There are other factors that come into place and you're conveniently ignoring them.
Uhhhh huh.
Sometimes you have to just let stupid remain stupid. The histrionic rambling of this "Peruvian" is a bore and posting here won't fix what poor parenting screwed up over several years.

Now, on to the more cerebral members.
Iawesome60
Freshman Poster

Re: Are Latina women not for me?

Post by Iawesome60 »

Iawesome60 wrote:I asked this question because:
1. Been on latinamericancupid. Difficult for a beautiful Latina women to show interest. Some I sent interest to sent me interest (which is a plus).
2. Growing up nearly all of the attractive Latina women weren't attracted to me for some reason.
3. I did some research and someone has been striking out with Latina women when he went to Latin America countries. Is it possible that they are like American women and/or they have issues on what beauty should look like in a man? For example, if you look like a nerd to them, they wouldn't touch you with a 10 foot pole.

I do find Latina women attractive. It seems to me that it is easy to strike out on the attractive ones. I know one thing for sure, I will not let anyone to tell me to lower my standards. That is like telling me I should date someone I'm not attracted to (which is lying in my book because when you date someone, you're telling them you're attracted to them).
I am definitely not in this state of frustration anymore. Thanks everyone for putting in their knowledge of the topic. Time changes everything.
There aren't many attractive women (inside and outside) in America. A man wants a physically attractive woman with attractive personality traits. American women usually don't have that combination.

Ever since I found Winston's website and read the information on there, my life has been much easier and I've been a MUCH more happier person!

No matter how good she looks, some other guy is sick and tired of putting up with her crap. ~Author Unknown (Quote about women)
E_Irizarry
Veteran Poster

Post by E_Irizarry »

Iawesome60 wrote:
1. Been on latinamericancupid. Difficult for a beautiful Latina women to show interest. Some I sent interest to sent me interest (which is a plus).
2. Growing up nearly all of the attractive Latina women weren't attracted to me for some reason.
3. I did some research and someone has been striking out with Latina women when he went to Latin America countries. Is it possible that they are like American women and/or they have issues on what beauty should look like in a man? For example, if you look like a nerd to them, they wouldn't touch you with a 10 foot pole.

I do find Latina women attractive. It seems to me that it is easy to strike out on the attractive ones. I know one thing for sure, I will not let anyone to tell me to lower my standards. That is like telling me I should date someone I'm not attracted to (which is lying in my book because when you date someone, you're telling them you're attracted to them).
I am definitely not in this state of frustration anymore. Thanks everyone for putting in their knowledge of the topic. Time changes everything.
Can you please elaborate? :O)

- E. Irizarry (2009)

- E. Irizarry (2012)

Iawesome60
Freshman Poster

Post by Iawesome60 »

E_Irizarry wrote:
Iawesome60 wrote:

Can you please elaborate? :O)
I sure will. I realized that I am nice to everyone. I am nice to everyone, including women. I have made many friends while studying abroad. When I am nice, especially with women, there is a chance I could find a good-looking woman. She could be of any race or group, even Latina.

Also, I have met nice Latina women. I am glad they were nice.
There aren't many attractive women (inside and outside) in America. A man wants a physically attractive woman with attractive personality traits. American women usually don't have that combination.

Ever since I found Winston's website and read the information on there, my life has been much easier and I've been a MUCH more happier person!

No matter how good she looks, some other guy is sick and tired of putting up with her crap. ~Author Unknown (Quote about women)