Denmark ranked the happiest country in the world

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the European Countries.
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Denmark ranked the happiest country in the world

Post by jamesbond »

According to polls taken from 2005 to 2011, these were the happiest countries:

1.Denmark
2.Finland
3.Norway
4.Netherlands
5.Canada
6.Switzerland
7.Sweden
8.New Zealand
9.Australia
10.Ireland

The United States ranks 11th.

Here is the complete article: http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/world_n ... nmark.html
"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."
odbo
Veteran Poster

Post by odbo »

rankings are bullshit and THOSE rankings are complete bullshit.
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Bhutan's happiness holds out hope

Post by zboy1 »

Taco
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Taco »

Finland and Switzerland are in the top 20 for suicides.

List Of Countries By Suicide Rate
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_c ... icide_rate
eurobrat
Veteran Poster

Post by eurobrat »

Canada and Ireland suck, who would want to live there?
E_Irizarry
Veteran Poster

Post by E_Irizarry »

eurobrat wrote:Canada and Ireland suck, who would want to live there?
Maybe because you aren't a Black man. As a man in the western countries, I'm perceived to be Black
as Don Cheadle with the dark skin and broad nose (even though I look like Ice cUBE, Vin Diesel, and Sinbad
in one body!)...in Latin AMerica, I'm perceived to be Brazilian most of the time.

With that being said, in Canada in 5-7 years ago, I had it easy in Calgary and Surrey/Richmond/Vancouver area. There is un monton de
brother lovers amorously there. However, I still felt there was semi-feminism in those places, but probably worse now
that more AMericans had immigrated to CAnada due to boycotting Obama Regime*(tm)*.
"I appreciate the opportunities I have in America. Opportunities that allow me to live abroad." **Smiles** - Have2Fly@H.A. (2013)

"The only way to overcome that is to go abroad to get a broad."
- E. Irizarry (2009)

"MGTOW resilience is the key to foreign residence. You better muthafuckin' ask somebody!!"
- E. Irizarry (2012)

"I rather be ostracized by 157.0 million (27.3% of the US of Gay pop), then to appease 1 feminist." - E. Irizarry (2013)

TanBoy by DNA | Despedido, Hugo Chavez...Descansa en paz!
eurobrat
Veteran Poster

Post by eurobrat »

What does being black have to do with the crappy weather, food, and women in those places. Even if I was Black I still wouldn't want to live there. I have been to Ireland and Canada and both have little to offer more of like B and C versions of the USA.
eurobrat
Veteran Poster

Post by eurobrat »

Canada and Ireland are considered "Western Countries".
E_Irizarry
Veteran Poster

Post by E_Irizarry »

eurobrat wrote:What does being black have to do with the crappy weather, food, and women in those places. Even if I was Black I still wouldn't want to live there. I have been to Ireland and Canada and both have little to offer more of like B and C versions of the USA.
True. I slightly went off on a tangent. But their are probably Black men that don't like the food nor the weather in Canada either. But Black guys in general do exceptionally well in parts of Canada. I'm sure that P-Sosa can attest to that, too.
"I appreciate the opportunities I have in America. Opportunities that allow me to live abroad." **Smiles** - Have2Fly@H.A. (2013)

"The only way to overcome that is to go abroad to get a broad."
- E. Irizarry (2009)

"MGTOW resilience is the key to foreign residence. You better muthafuckin' ask somebody!!"
- E. Irizarry (2012)

"I rather be ostracized by 157.0 million (27.3% of the US of Gay pop), then to appease 1 feminist." - E. Irizarry (2013)

TanBoy by DNA | Despedido, Hugo Chavez...Descansa en paz!
Billy
Experienced Poster

Post by Billy »

Only the strong get happy in Denmark. Others have to commit suicide ;-)

I don´t think bhutan will get successfull though I do hope it for them. They did some serious attempt to support happiness on a global level. Let´s see how it will turn out.
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by zboy1 »

What's the Point of Being Rich if you're not Happy?

A new report out says Denmark is the happiest place on Earth - and America isn't even close

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=51EQVXVi ... ure=relmfu[/youtube]

What are the economics of happiness?

The United Nations is hosting a major conference on...happiness. That's right - with the world obsessed with wealth, austerity, and debt-to-GDP levels - the United Nations is taking a step back to figure out what makes people in some nations way happier than people in other nations

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VWohdckc ... AAAAWgAWAA[/youtube]
Billy
Experienced Poster

Post by Billy »

yeah, i am posting about this subject on the everything goes lounge. but even here nobody seems to be interested. because everybody it greedily looking for pussies so they have no time for searching for happiness ;-)
lavezzi
Junior Poster

Post by lavezzi »

eurobrat wrote:What does being black have to do with the crappy weather, food, and women in those places. Even if I was Black I still wouldn't want to live there. I have been to Ireland and Canada and both have little to offer more of like B and C versions of the USA.
Wait, you've been here (Ireland)? I've been hoping an American would come along to this site who could give an honest report of their experiences here. Please tell me exactly where you were and your experiences with the women, people etc. I'm guessing it was Dublin going by your description. If so, that was a huge mistake; if you want to come to Ireland you go to see beautiful country sights like Newgrange or Glendalough, not Dublin city, the most expensive yet shittiest hole in Europe.
Empyrian
Freshman Poster

Post by Empyrian »

I've been to Denmark, and most of the people were all very friendly and reasonable. There is much more of a community spirit there than in America and you will be punished if you put others down and act like you're superior to others.

Most people there seemed to realize that most human beings are a bit more similar and deserving of equal respect, unlike in America.
Abolish fear; abolish doubt; dismiss pride.
yellowroses
Freshman Poster

Post by yellowroses »

I went to Denmark for a few weeks this past summer for a study abroad thing and I have to say that it is an amazing country. People are very trusting there. People leave their bicycles unlocked on streets and it was not uncommon to see a baby in a stroller outside of a store while the parents were inside. I started up a conversation with a Dane about the rankings and he said that they have a lot to be grateful for, but like other countries they too have problems.

It is interesting to note that if someone bumps into you accidentally they won't apologize. The reason is because they assume that you knew it wasn't intentional and they don't want to waste your time to apologize.

A big aspect of their culture is the concept of "hygge" (which has no direct translation in English). Hygge is basically the feeling you get when you're spending time with your friends and family and you're having a good time and enjoying each others company.

Denmark is one of the countries that I would love to move to in the future. The culture and atmosphere there is incredible.