New here!

Introduce yourself here and let us know who you are.
Forum rules
Welcome. If you are new here, please read the Forum Rules.
vagabondingshane
Freshman Poster

New here!

Post by vagabondingshane »

Been following this site and laughing at Winston's amusing but very insightful posts. Living in Chiang Mai, Thailand on my second 3 month visa here that is up after Songkran so I'm ready go. The visa situation here sucks. I'm off to PH for year after I head back to the USA to visit friends and family. Angeles City first for a look and down to Cebu afterwards for my first visit to PH.

I've lived in Sicily for 3 years, Scotland for 2 years, Iraq and Afghanistan for 1 year each, Kuwait for 6 months, and Kazakhstan/Russia on and offfor about a year collectively.

Cheers! Thanks for the help in advance and hopefully I can help some as well.
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by zboy1 »

Wow, you're quite the traveler. How do you afford all the trips overseas--if I may ask? Just curious, because I would like to the same thing myself--it's just that I don't have the money to do so. Maybe you could give us some advice and tips. Welcome to the forum.
eurobrat
Veteran Poster

Post by eurobrat »

Last edited by eurobrat on May 17th, 2013, 8:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
vagabondingshane
Freshman Poster

Post by vagabondingshane »

zboy1 and eurobrat. I thought by my admission that I'd lived in 'warzones' would be self explanatory. They pay a generous wage to live and work in these shitholes and I've saved rather than buying a fancy car or the other bullshit the nouveau riche tumble into. One months pay=one year in the lovely areas. Teach English? they pay shit unless it's in Japan or Korea, not even worth getting out of bed. My advice? Pinch pennies in the 1st world, live godlike in the 3rd. I'm done. America, Britannia, and all the so called 'civilized' countries are a trite bore. Give me a 18yo brown skinned beauty fetching beers for me at the beach ANY day.
xiongmao
Veteran Poster

Post by xiongmao »

Ha ha ha, nice stories man.

In 2011 more happened to me in 5 weeks spent in Guangzhou, China, than happened in the rest of the year spent back in the UK.

Teaching English is for chumps anyway - look at the work you need to do to teach in Korea and Japan. 6 day weeks? Meh.
I was Happier Abroad for a while but Covid killed that off.
Fed up with being foreveralone.jpg? Check out my comprehensive directory of dating sites.
Love Chinese girls? Read my complete guide to Chinese dating.
DarkMinxMish
Freshman Poster

Post by DarkMinxMish »

Hello Vagabond ^_^,

Is teaching english over seas really that bad? I had been thinking about it for a while, because I wanted to travel. Is it worth it if you work really hard at it? And how is being a potential foreign female teacher seen?
Pricking up her golden head:
We must not look at goblin men,
We must not buy their fruits:
Who knows upon what soil they fed
Their hungry thirsty roots?"
nensi
Freshman Poster

Post by nensi »

Hi all! My name is Nensi, i would like to meet serious man for really serious relationships. my profile is http://travelandate.com/nensinen/profile Join! Im waiting for u. I'm hot*** mmmm
P.S. it's not spam
Ned Zeppelin
Freshman Poster

Post by Ned Zeppelin »

nensi wrote:Hi all! My name is Nensi, i would like to meet serious man for really serious relationships. my profile is http://travelandate.com/nensinen/profile Join! Im waiting for u. I'm hot*** mmmm
P.S. it's not spam
Really, because it looks like spam to me.

Return to “Introduce Yourself”