Me presento

Introduce yourself here and let us know who you are.
Forum rules
Welcome. If you are new here, please read the Forum Rules.
mehendicant
Freshman Poster

Me presento

Post by mehendicant »

I'm 48 and have never been married, and I want kids, and I don't find any suitable women around here who aren't taken, so I'm thinking of looking overseas. I've been in Germany, Portugal, Barbados, and Brazil. When I was in Brazil, someone actually asked if I could marry her, but we failed to keep in touch.

I go to a Hispanic church and know some international couples - starting with my parents! My first Romance language is French, but as my mother came from El Salvador, I speak Spanish pretty well. I'm thinking of visiting some Central American countries.

I'm an aspie and don't watch television or movies, so some of your idioms and references will be lost on me.
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Me presento

Post by jamesbond »

mehendicant wrote:I'm 48 and have never been married, and I want kids, and I don't find any suitable women around here who aren't taken, so I'm thinking of looking overseas. I've been in Germany, Portugal, Barbados, and Brazil. When I was in Brazil, someone actually asked if I could marry her, but we failed to keep in touch.

I go to a Hispanic church and know some international couples - starting with my parents! My first Romance language is French, but as my mother came from El Salvador, I speak Spanish pretty well. I'm thinking of visiting some Central American countries.

I'm an aspie and don't watch television or movies, so some of your idioms and references will be lost on me.
Welcome mehendicant. How did you like Germany and Brazil? How long were you there and how were the women in those countries, were they friendly and approachable? I read that in Germany, men don't approach women so the women are very open to meeting men. Compare this to the US, were women are getting asked out left and right by men. This creates a scenerio where the women don't want men to approach them.

You said that in Brazil a woman asked you to marry her? How did that happen and how did you meet her?
"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."
mehendicant
Freshman Poster

Post by mehendicant »

I wasn't looking for women in Germany. I was working on a computer program which interfaces with a bunch of pieces of hardware.

I visited BH (I read on another site that it's a good place to meet women) and was looking for clothes. I went into the gordo shop (I'm undertall, as Garfield says) and bought some shorts in the smallest size they had, then chatted a bit with the girl who was in the booth in the corner selling jewelry and stuff. After a while she called her father to interpret (I know French and Spanish, but was stretching my vocabulary) and proposed. Possibly my unconventional appearance (I have long hair and wear pretty hairtoys and henna my hair and nails) attracted hers (she had a nezem on her tongue).

BH doesn't get a lot of tourists, unlike RJ and SP, so women there don't get turned off by boorish tourists. But the sotaque mineiro is hard for outsiders to understand. Some people, I couldn't make out half their words, even though I'd picked up the language pretty well in my two-week trip to Portugal.
E_Irizarry
Veteran Poster

Post by E_Irizarry »

¿Te dedicas como un programador de tecnologia de informaticas y hardware? Me suena bien, mi nuevo compañero.

Bien venidos al nuestro foro, paisano. Nuestra casa es la casa tuya!

Te hago una pregunta importante: Al parecer eres el matador Jorge Zimmerman tu cabron? Lo bromeo. jajajajajaajajajajaja
"I appreciate the opportunities I have in America. Opportunities that allow me to live abroad." **Smiles** - Have2Fly@H.A. (2013)

"The only way to overcome that is to go abroad to get a broad."
- E. Irizarry (2009)

"MGTOW resilience is the key to foreign residence. You better muthafuckin' ask somebody!!"
- E. Irizarry (2012)

"I rather be ostracized by 157.0 million (27.3% of the US of Gay pop), then to appease 1 feminist." - E. Irizarry (2013)

TanBoy by DNA | Despedido, Hugo Chavez...Descansa en paz!
mehendicant
Freshman Poster

Post by mehendicant »

Jorge Zimmerman ¿quién es? Prefiero clorear o yodear a bromear. :)

I have a bunch of programming projects going on, none of which has anything to do with the one I was doing in Germany. One will eventually be a thermostat for the house I'm designing.
Jeygonza
Freshman Poster

Re: Me presento

Post by Jeygonza »

mehendicant wrote:I'm 48 and have never been married, and I want kids, and I don't find any suitable women around here who aren't taken, so I'm thinking of looking overseas. I've been in Germany, Portugal, Barbados, and Brazil. When I was in Brazil, someone actually asked if I could marry her, but we failed to keep in touch.

Hey bienvenido al foro...
Good judgment comes from experience, and experience comes from bad judgment.
Barry LePatner
E_Irizarry
Veteran Poster

Post by E_Irizarry »

mehendicant wrote:Jorge Zimmerman ¿quién es? Prefiero clorear o yodear a bromear. :)

I have a bunch of programming projects going on, none of which has anything to do with the one I was doing in Germany. One will eventually be a thermostat for the house I'm designing.
Clorear o yodear k prefieres?? COMO ASI HABLAMOS NO?? jajaja Que ironia ellos son!

Which technologies do you use to accomplish that? Would the technology be client-server multi-tier scripting web apps or true OOA/OOD? Or maybe the scope is not as virtual as I think it is.
"I appreciate the opportunities I have in America. Opportunities that allow me to live abroad." **Smiles** - Have2Fly@H.A. (2013)

- E. Irizarry (2009)

"MGTOW resilience is the key to foreign residence. You better muthafuckin' ask somebody!!"
- E. Irizarry (2012)

"I rather be ostracized by 157.0 million (27.3% of the US of Gay pop), then to appease 1 feminist." - E. Irizarry (2013)

mehendicant
Freshman Poster

Post by mehendicant »

Es ironía, cobaltía, o niquelía? "Oro en paz, fierro en guerra."

The thermostat will be a Propeller chip with various devices attached, programmed in Propeller assembly language. No web app.
E_Irizarry
Veteran Poster

Post by E_Irizarry »

mehendicant wrote:Es ironía, cobaltía, o niquelía? "Oro en paz, fierro en guerra."

The thermostat will be a Propeller chip with various devices attached, programmed in Propeller assembly language. No web app.
LOL ...en lo que sea coincidencia, chitoso. Ya tu sabe.

Oh wow. I'm getting back into software programming. I guess I subscribe to the Microsoft shop.

- E. Irizarry (2009)

- E. Irizarry (2012)

Return to “Introduce Yourself”