Winston, what are your feelings with regards to Thailand?

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.

Where is the easiest place in the world to get laid by non-prostitutes?

Philippines
40%
Thailand
20%
Brazil
20%
Mexico
20%
Germany
No votes
Netherlands
No votes

Total votes: 5

Winston, what are your feelings with regards to Thailand?

Post by Guest »

As Thailand is considered one of the sex capitals of the world, I had a few questions regarding it.

Have you ever been there?

What is your opinion of it?

How are the girls there?

How do they compare to Filipinas?

Thanks,

An average-looking white guy from the States
Last edited by Guest on September 17th, 2007, 10:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

gmm567
Freshman Poster

Post by gmm567 »

I don't know so I didn't vote. I am going to germany--the best looking women in the world.

On this dating site located in germany, I think I could have gotten lucky twice--if I'd of been there. One was this hot babe who was drunk and horny another is one who just got out of a long term marriage and wants casual sex. I believe they are both genuine and real. And good looking.

Europeans are much more open about sex. That one chick said in her profile "we meet for a short while , and then go." She's a beauty too.
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by ladislav »

Looks like W. has never been there.I have. I spent a long time there and in the Phils.
As Thailand is considered one of the sex capitals of the world, I had a few questions regarding it.

If you do not mind my answering this question to W. who had not been there, I say it is much worse than the Philippines to look 4 love although women look the same ,roughly. There are more bars and sex there but the people are not as good. Mentally it is very backward and people are either rich and educated or poor and uneducated. Plus for most decent Thai girls to be seen with you ( a Non-Oriental) in public is a disgrace. Especially in Bangkok. Most liasons of Farangs ( white people) with Thais are of inferior quality- bargirls, hookers, very VERY poor people, divorced with kids, non-virgins, etc. a normal,clean, cute Thai girl will not even consider you as a bf. Unless of course you are some CEO or super duper rich and even then it is a problem.

Plus you need to pay a bride price before you can marry. A few hundred to a few thousands of dollars.

In the Philippines, otoh, every extended family has someone abroad and has a girl married to a foreigner- much more accepted and no big deal. You can date nurses and professional and people who are your equals. Few doors are closed to you. Phils is a Western country with an Asian face.

Code: Select all

Thanks,

Go to Thailand for fun, wear a rubber, do not fall in love and come back HIV negative. For real LOVE and welcome go to the Philippines. You will never want to leave. Phls is the best place for an average white guy, while Thailand is not.

http://www.stickmanbangkok.com/reader/reader37.html

You've been warned

[/code]
Jack
Freshman Poster

Post by Jack »

No, but I've been to Cambodia which is right next to Thailand and from what I know, is similar in many ways.

What did you think of it?
Loved it, very relaxed atmosphere. All the towns/cities are very different from each other, and almost like countries in their own right.
How are the girls there?
What people generally say about the conservative countries in southeast Asia, is that women guard their virginity until marriage, so they are either virgins or prostitutes with nothing in between. I found this to be partially true, but the country is becoming more westernized and there are definitely some 100% non-prostitutes who are willing to date and have sex before marriage.

Basically there seems to be three kinds of women who are available to you:

1. Prostitutes, they f**k you, you pay them, they leave.

2. Girls who don't usually consider themselves to be prostitutes, but expect their western boyfriends to give them money or at least buy them things. They would be delighted with a long term relationship or marriage. I would say most non-conservative girls fit into this category.

3. Normal, non-pro girls who are more westernized and date/have sex before marriage. Not sure how many women fit into this category, but there are some.
How do they compare to Filipinos?
Not sure, I haven't been to the Philippines yet.
Winston
Site Admin

Re: Winston, what are your feelings with regards to Thailand

Post by Winston »

cobra911 wrote:As Thailand is considered one of the sex capitals of the world, I had a few questions regarding it.

How are the girls there?

How do they compare to Filipinas?

Thanks,

W: I have never been there, but I heard mixed things about it. Ladislav, my advisor, has lived there for years. So you can ask him about it.

By the way, one of my friends here just returned from Thailand and said that the prostitutes there tend to be much older, that the bars are more like open bars, but that the hottest girls there were hotter than the hottest girls here. He returned for a girl he likes here in the Philippines.
DarkTalay
Freshman Poster

Deleted by poster.

Post by DarkTalay »

Deleted by poster.
Last edited by DarkTalay on June 21st, 2008, 8:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DarkTalay
Freshman Poster

Thai girls!

Post by DarkTalay »

Guys,

Winston said:

By the way, one of my friends here just returned from Thailand and said that the prostitutes there tend to be much older, that the bars are more like open bars, but that the hottest girls there were hotter than the hottest girls here. He returned for a girl he likes here in the Philippines.

The bar-girls come in all shapes, sizes and age here.

There are bargirls with two kids who keep themselves in great shape and
are still stunning.
There are also fresh young bargirls off the bus from Nong Khai who are just starting work.

There are open bars and indoor venues like discos and clubs.

And Thai ladies definitely have it over the average American female.

Dark
Repatriate
Veteran Poster

Post by Repatriate »

What DarkTalay says is mostly true but it comes with quite a few caveats. You have to speak some level of Thai to find the best quality girl. This is just a simple fact of life. If you hang around foreigner circles all day then you might run into the wrong girls. I sure as hell would not trust a girl that spends lots of time trying to meet and hang out with foreigners.

I have been in Thailand long enough to see foreign men get played coming and going. The women here can be very sweet but even the most innocent looking "uni" girl isn't a sure bet as a non pro if you don't understand the culture well enough.

A lot of farang men I see are married to the typical Isaan girl. Some of them are genuine non bar girls but I find it's rarer to see a farang guy with one of those than with a former pro. Interpret that as you wish.

You find normal girls as in any other way. It helps to have a good introduction through mutual friends. It also helps to establish yourself with some Thai-Americans or other westernized Thais. They generally have a large pool of people that they socialize with and they know the lay of the land. Your chances are much better than being a random foreigner bumbling about hitting on everything that moves.
DarkTalay
Freshman Poster

LOS II

Post by DarkTalay »

Guys,

Repatriate said:
What DarkTalay says is mostly true but it comes with quite a few caveats. You have to speak some level of Thai to find the best quality girl. This is just a simple fact of life. If you hang around foreigner circles all day then you might run into the wrong girls.

Learning a little Thai is not that hard.
And finding Thais who know more English is easier in resort towns and Bangkok.
Too many foreigners are stuck in the most shallow level of interaction, namely trying to meet girls only in the go gos and bars.

If you hang around the right foreign circles such as realty agents or journalists you will run into the right type of girls, namely educated, middle to upper-class!

I sure as hell would not trust a girl that spends lots of time trying to meet and hang out with foreigners.
Why not? It depends on the girls,she may make more of an effort to learn more English and better educate herself in Western culture and mindset.

I have been in Thailand long enough to see foreign men get played coming and going.

Most foreign men are at the mercy of Thai females as they come from countries that
are unfriendly to heterosexual males (UK, US) and are easy to manipulate.
Taking your time to understand the culture and the Thais is the key.

You find normal girls as in any other way. It helps to have a good introduction through mutual friends. It also helps to establish yourself with some Thai-Americans or other westernized Thais.
I have to partially disagree.
With groups of westernized Thais you’ll find more instances of Thai feminazis who’ve been brainwashed and can be very foul.

I’ve found only a few true Thai-Americans in my years of living here (3!).

I’ve found that public exposure in non-nightlife activities like gym or dance classes or sports very useful in meeting educated Thai girls.

DT
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

DarkTalay, Repatriate, since you are both Asian bros in Thailand, why don't you arrange to meet up sometime? Are you two close by?
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Repatriate
Veteran Poster

Re: LOS II

Post by Repatriate »

DarkTalay wrote:
I have to partially disagree.
With groups of westernized Thais you’ll find more instances of Thai feminazis who’ve been brainwashed and can be very foul.

I’ve found only a few true Thai-Americans in my years of living here (3!).
Ah, I meant quite a few of my friends are Thai-American guys who have introduced me to their social network.

Actually a lot of the westernized Thai women I have met haven't been that bad. I think most of them still retain a lot of their "Thainess" if they just studied abroad. They look and speak like they were born in the west but their attitude isn't the same.
DarkTalay
Freshman Poster

Thai-ness!

Post by DarkTalay »

Deleted by poster.
DarkTalay
Freshman Poster

Re: LOS is number one!

Post by DarkTalay »

Deleted by poster.
DarkTalay
Freshman Poster