Female Member From Dominican Republic!

Introduce yourself here and let us know who you are.
Forum rules
Welcome. If you are new here, please read the Forum Rules.
Domino_Dominguez
Freshman Poster

Female Member From Dominican Republic!

Post by Domino_Dominguez »

Hi all! :D

My name is Domino! Yes that is my birthname! I was born in the Dominican Republic! I speak fluent Spanish and English. My father is Afro-American and my mother is Dominican. We moved from the Dominician Republic when I was 14 and we moved to New York. I miss my country so much and I last visited last summer. I hope to live there again soon. I found this website a couple of days ago by doing a random search. I had to make an account on this site and I will make a post in one of the threads later.

How did my father meet my mother if he is American? My father took a vacation in the Dominican Republic in 1980 and he met my mother there. They have been together ever since! I was born in 1986. It is weird how my parents have been together for 30 years and most of my friends' parents are on their 3 or 4 marriage. It's crazy.

I want to give a female POV about Dominican women and my country. I typically go for black guys because of the way my father treated my mother and I find them extremely attractive. Many of my friends date white men and some of them date Latinos.

Anyone have any questions about me or need advice/tips on the Dominican Republic, feel free to ask!
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

Good to hear that it worked out for your folks.

Hope you have similar success.
"Well actually, she's not REALLY my daughter. But she does like to call me Daddy... at certain moments..."
Falcon
Experienced Poster

Post by Falcon »

Welcome / bienvenidos! We have a forum member here called Jeygonza who is a female from the Dominican Republic.

Also, there are plenty of forum members here who have had very long-lasting and happy marriages with women from abroad, including fschmidt (wife is from Mexico), Grunt (wife is from Ukraine), Think Different (wife is from Italy), and so on.

Thanks for sharing your story!
Domino_Dominguez
Freshman Poster

Jester wrote:Good to hear that it worked out for your folks.

Hope you have similar success.
Thanks! My parents are amazing people!

Thanks again! I am not having much success now :(

Love the avatar! Where is it from?
Domino_Dominguez
Freshman Poster

Falcon wrote:Welcome / bienvenidos! We have a forum member here called Jeygonza who is a female from the Dominican Republic.

Also, there are plenty of forum members here who have had very long-lasting and happy marriages with women from abroad, including fschmidt (wife is from Mexico), Grunt (wife is from Ukraine), Think Different (wife is from Italy), and so on.

Thanks for sharing your story!
That is wonderful that another Dominicana is on here!

Thanks for telling me about the successes! I hope will have the same one day!
DarkMinxMish
Freshman Poster

Post by DarkMinxMish »

Hi Domino,
how are you?
Pricking up her golden head:
We must not look at goblin men,
We must not buy their fruits:
Who knows upon what soil they fed
Their hungry thirsty roots?"
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by zboy1 »

Hello Domino. I happen to live in NYC as well. Do you like living here? I'm not a particularly big fan of the city and want to move out one day. I'm an Asian American male that wants to live overseas one of these days. I'm planning on teaching English overseas soon and currently in the process of getting my documents ready. Do Dominican women like Asian men? I know I've been attracted to some Dominican girls growing up in the city, but never asked one of them out on a date. Welcome to the forum.
Domino_Dominguez
Freshman Poster

DarkMinxMish wrote:Hi Domino,
how are you?
Hello! I am good, how are you doing?
Domino_Dominguez
Freshman Poster

zboy1 wrote:Hello Domino. I happen to live in NYC as well. Do you like living here? I'm not a particularly big fan of the city and want to move out one day. I'm an Asian American male that wants to live overseas one of these days. I'm planning on teaching English overseas soon and currently in the process of getting my documents ready. Do Dominican women like Asian men? I know I've been attracted to some Dominican girls growing up in the city, but never asked one of them out on a date. Welcome to the forum.
Hi! That's great that you live in NY! Yes and no lol. It's too damn cold and I miss the warmer climates! In my personal opinion, Dominican women don't see skin color. As long as you are a nice guy, you will be a goldmine there! One of my Asian friends has been to DR and the women love him! Where are you going abroad?

Thanks for the warm welcome! Everyone here is so nice! :wink:
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

Domino_Dominguez wrote:
Love the avatar! Where is it from?
Don't know, found it somewhere...

You can google anything these days
Falcon
Experienced Poster

Post by Falcon »

It's wonderful to know your story of how black American guys can get along so well with Latinas. Do you know anything about Asians with Latinas?

Zboy1 has visited the Dominican Republic and said he got lots of attention from the local dominicanas. :P

There are also plenty of people with mixed Chinese blood in Perú (over 10%), Panamá, Cuba, and even México. Peruvians of mixed Asian descent number in the millions, and are known locally as "tusán" (from Chinese tusheng 土生, which means "native born"). Here's what they look like - Notice their last names too (they come in 2 parts - father's surname and mother's surname). http://www.missperutusan.com/home/?q=node%2F31

My girlfriend is also Mexican, and she is from the south-central state of Michoacán (I am a young Asian college student in my early 20's). We both feel incredibly compatible and happy with each other (PM me if you want pics). Forum members Colibri and Adria2789 are both mexicanas, and they both say they love Asian guys. :D
E_Irizarry
Veteran Poster

Post by E_Irizarry »

Domino_Dominguez wrote:
zboy1 wrote:Hello Domino. I happen to live in NYC as well. Do you like living here? I'm not a particularly big fan of the city and want to move out one day. I'm an Asian American male that wants to live overseas one of these days. I'm planning on teaching English overseas soon and currently in the process of getting my documents ready. Do Dominican women like Asian men? I know I've been attracted to some Dominican girls growing up in the city, but never asked one of them out on a date. Welcome to the forum.
Hi! That's great that you live in NY! Yes and no lol. It's too damn cold and I miss the warmer climates! In my personal opinion, Dominican women don't see skin color. As long as you are a nice guy, you will be a goldmine there! One of my Asian friends has been to DR and the women love him! Where are you going abroad?

Thanks for the warm welcome! Everyone here is so nice! :wink:
So the women in DR don't see color? I believe you, but can you explain the phenomenon of why it seems like so many Quisqueyas or just Dominicana women in general that live in Washington Heights, Richmond Hill, Inwood, and the Bronx even - act like they don't like "prietos", "morenotos"?

Be straight up. Please. :O)
"I appreciate the opportunities I have in America. Opportunities that allow me to live abroad." **Smiles** - Have2Fly@H.A. (2013)

"The only way to overcome that is to go abroad to get a broad."
- E. Irizarry (2009)

"MGTOW resilience is the key to foreign residence. You better muthafuckin' ask somebody!!"
- E. Irizarry (2012)

"I rather be ostracized by 157.0 million (27.3% of the US of Gay pop), then to appease 1 feminist." - E. Irizarry (2013)

TanBoy by DNA | Despedido, Hugo Chavez...Descansa en paz!
DarkMinxMish
Freshman Poster

Post by DarkMinxMish »

I'm doing fine!
I liked your story and I'm glad it worked out for your folks. Yeah my Aunt recently got married to someone from South America. It was nice and she's pretty happy about it. Plus they have this little girl named Ashanti (well who's not so little anymore...) and I hope she gets to learn a lot about her fathers side. He seems very sweet.
Pricking up her golden head:
We must not look at goblin men,
We must not buy their fruits:
Who knows upon what soil they fed
Their hungry thirsty roots?"
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Rock »

Hey welcome. I was just in Santo Domingo for nearly a month last year and met many people including a very nice girl who I'm in touch with and sometimes posts here (Jeygonza or something like that). I'm white but that seems ok. It's pretty diverse racially except u don[t see many pure whites (like me) or asians (well there is a Chinatown but I was told Chinese tend to keep to themselves and even send their kids to special schools).
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

Domino_Dominguez wrote:Thanks for the warm welcome! Everyone here is so nice! :wink:
Welcome to the forum Domino_Dominguez. Good to hear your story, glad you found our forum. :D
"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."