How to make money, and thus go abroad

Discuss working and making a living overseas, starting a business, or studying abroad.
boycottamericanwomen
Experienced Poster

How to make money, and thus go abroad

Post by boycottamericanwomen »

I have noticed that the main reason why young men don't move abroad is because they don't know how to make money or how to earn money while living abroad.

Let's focus on figuring out an answer and a solution to this problem, so that we can help as many young men as possible move abroad.

First, we have the Men's Business Association at www.mensbusinessassociation.com

Second, some ideas off the top of my head-
1. There are MANY schools in China that will give jobs to ANY native English speaker. No degree is required
2. Make your own product and website, and then promote that product thru Facebook and LinkedIn, and make money thru the internet

Anyone else got any good ideas? Let's really focus on trying to answer this problem, because it is the main problem which is stopping many young men from moving abroad. Any ideas you have to how to make money, please share them here.

Thanks!
Attn: Please read "The TRUTH Be Told", a free eBook that can help save you from feminism and your guvment.

Read the book online
Download the book

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

OTB
Freshman Poster

Post by OTB »

2. Make your own product and website, and then promote that product thru Facebook and LinkedIn, and make money thru the internet
This is a good idea. This is what I'm in the process of trying to do. I believe you have to have a product that is the solution to a problem or something that can help people. It needs to be something in demand. Do some thinking and brainstorm ideas out on paper and see what you come up with.

Also another possible way to make money is freelance writing. If you can write well and have a lot knowledge about a particular topic put that skill to use. Do some research on freelance writing websites and see what types of jobs fit your niche and the kind of money those jobs are paying.[/quote]
publicduende
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by publicduende »

OTB wrote:2. Make your own product and website, and then promote that product thru Facebook and LinkedIn, and make money thru the internet
This is a good idea. This is what I'm in the process of trying to do. I believe you have to have a product that is the solution to a problem or something that can help people. It needs to be something in demand. Do some thinking and brainstorm ideas out on paper and see what you come up with.

Also another possible way to make money is freelance writing. If you can write well and have a lot knowledge about a particular topic put that skill to use. Do some research on freelance writing websites and see what types of jobs fit your niche and the kind of money those jobs are paying.
While I think that's surely possible, building a self-sustainable business that can provide a steady stream of money without spending years on trials & errors and a significant upfront investment of time and money...that's very, very hard.
I would normally beware of people who simply advertise this opportunity as if it were the same as setting up a lemonade kiosk in your front garden. It's neither quick, nor easy, nor around the corner. I know many people, some of them personally, who tried, even on relatively easy to break markets like mobile apps and software in general, and can barely round up their existing salaries as private company employees.

I say this with a measure of sadness, as I have only recently taken the plunge and decided to take some time to develop my own (software) product portfolio, and it takes an enormous amount of time just to understand what you, working alone, can start offering that much larger companies with established products and tens of dedicated technical and marketing resources cannot.

Then, maybe, once in a million times there's somebody with an absolute genius idea like this one: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Millio ... r_Homepage, a few days worth of work and an easy million dollar in his pocket. I like to believe that striking an idea like this one above, minimal input - maximum outcome, is just likely as it is to win a major lottery.
Last edited by publicduende on April 14th, 2012, 10:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lookin4happiness
Freshman Poster

Post by lookin4happiness »

boycott... Glad u are back.. I have recently moved to India (for the time being) (the northern part) and am finding it hard to meet women here.. Where I am there are a lot of Nepali Girls who are friendly and beautiful but they seem to flake out easily.. I would love to get some of your advice from your experience of living in India. India is a cool place I think but I don't think it is the top place to move for sexy experiences

edit: I shouldn't say it is hard to MEET women here it is not.. THey are much more easy going than American women by far... But they seem to flake out easily.. You can get mobile numbers galore but it seems the chance of getting romance or sex is very slim.. Hindu culture is conservative! As far as I can tell..
boycottamericanwomen
Experienced Poster

First point, living expenses are much cheaper in Asian countries, so that should also be considered.

Lookin4, yes, India is a very conservative country that does not like to mix with other cultural groups. At the same time, they are liberal and not fanatical or violent like Muslims.

Nepali girls are probably a good bet as they are more liberal and westernized than India.

You could also look into religious organizations, there are many western yoga groups in India that have many indian members in them. That might be a very good bet and place to start. Email me at John.Rambo@crimesagainstfathers.com if you have any questions, I will try my best to help as I've been in India for 4 years now and have more experience.
Attn: Please read "The TRUTH Be Told", a free eBook that can help save you from feminism and your guvment.

Read the book online
Download the book
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

This is an important topic, a great idea to discuss. I will follow with interest.
"Well actually, she's not REALLY my daughter. But she does like to call me Daddy... at certain moments..."
boycottamericanwomen
Experienced Poster

Yes, it is the most important topic for most men, as finances are the one thing holding them back from going abroad.

So let's really put some thought into this, for the sake of helping young men earn money so that they can leave the shit West behind and go to Asia.

What about Momopi? That guy seemed pretty smart and probably knows of a few things he can suggest to help young men earn money for travelling abroad.

Read the book online
Download the book
Billy
Experienced Poster

Post by Billy »

now this will sound little bit stupid though i will say it. normally you have to work your f***ing ass off. or you are a rich bastard or you have studied with zuckerberg at stanford :)
Jackal
Experienced Poster

Re: How to make money, and thus go abroad

Post by Jackal »

boycottamericanwomen wrote:I have noticed that the main reason why young men don't move abroad is because they don't know how to make money or how to earn money while living abroad.
Maybe... maybe... but another reason is that they just aren't willing to take risks (there's a difference between sensible risks and foolish risks).

Perhaps this may not apply to members of this forum, but a lot of American guys look at the average salaries in poor countries and think, "But that's so LOW! I can't live off THAT!" and are still subconsciously assuming an American cost of living and an American lifestyle when in reality, the cost of living in poor countries is generally much cheaper and it's possibly to live very differently there (use public transportation frequently, etc.).

Wanting a reasonable, regular income is sensible, but don't be one of those guys who is stuck in the "I'll go abroad only after I become rich" mindset which is often a just an excuse for perpetual stalling.

A lot of Americans are simply too scared to go abroad.
boycottamericanwomen
Experienced Poster

Yes, many men are cowards who aren't psychologically strong enough to even cope with dealing with a different culture. Such men should forget about going abroad and just accept that they will be stuck in America.

It does indeed take a strong man to live abroad, not everyone can do it.

But those who are strong enough for it, they also need to figure out financially how to support themselves, so let's focus on that topic in this thread.

What are your ideas on how a man can make money either remotely (thru the internet) or working in a foreign country?

If you work remotely thru the internet, that is perfect, because you can work anywhere in the world as long as you have a computer and an internet connection. So that is the best method. Let's discuss it.

Read the book online
Download the book
Jackal
Experienced Poster

Post by Jackal »

boycottamericanwomen wrote: What are your ideas on how a man can make money either remotely (thru the internet) or working in a foreign country?
My experiences are limited to ordinary English teaching.

However, once one has a regular job, I think one could add income by teaching private lessons. You could of course teach English in private lessons, but also, I think one could teach instrument lessons, such as guitar and bass if one knows how to play well. If you're good enough, people might not care that you teach in English and most young people around the world know at least some English. However, it would be difficult to get enough income off private lessons alone in most cases.

I've heard that engineering/technology skills are in demand in Eastern Europe, but that's not my field so I don't have any direct knowledge about that.
momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by momopi »

emh
Freshman Poster

Post by emh »

1) I've met a couple of guys that do translation work. One worked for a German company that didn't care where he lived. Another worked freelance. Obviously requires knowledge of multiple languages.

2) I met a couple of Canadians who lived in Peru and telecommuted to their office in Canada. Similar to the German guy in #1, their companies didn't care where they lived. Never hurts to explore this option with your company.

3) If you have the funds you might be able to start your own business in the country your targeting. For example, start a hostel. Just be aware that rules for foreigners setting up a company very quite widely by country.

4) There's the whole blogging and/or building websites and putting ads on them thing. Check out www.nerdynomad.com. This woman is pulling in several thousand a month and lives where she wants.

5) There are sites like www.elance.com where you can (theoretically) make money doing freelance writing, building websites, etc. Competition for projects is fierce however so your success may be limited at the beginning.
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

This guy Scott Lilly is (as the song said) "just a schmoe like one of us", not a rich investor, not retired. He is getting set up where it's cheap and starting a real-world business. His emails are really excellent, I suggest getting them if you are interested in living abroad, not just visiting. He explains nuts and bolts of getting residency without a lawyer. He started with Uruguay, now is in Paraguay, and explains why. He also evaluates different ways to make money. Logical, clear, no agenda. Here's the link:

http://www.movingoverseasbook.com/about
"Well actually, she's not REALLY my daughter. But she does like to call me Daddy... at certain moments..."
newlife
Freshman Poster

Post by newlife »

The key is to make the first step. Once you get the self employment bug, you're addicted. My last job was 4 years ago.

I just started doing little things online to make money. Didn't make much but at least I was able to survive here and it gave me some skills in online marketing.