Moldova - Any stories or trip reports?

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to Russia, Ukraine, or the former Soviet Republics.
provocateur
Freshman Poster

Moldova - Any stories or trip reports?

Post by provocateur »

All,

I did a search of the forum, and was surprised to see there is not that much out there about Moldova. I am very curious to go. When I visited Bucharest last year, I crossed paths with many guys that had been to Moldova...and they all raved about the ladies there. And this was in Bucharest, which was teeming with talent left and right. If slender, busty brunettes are your thing...then Bucharest is a must-see. I never made it though, my trip was nearly over.

Anyway, Chisinau, Moldova is off the Ryan Air / Wizz Air grid....so it seems like it would be untouched by British stag parties and wild weekends. You know, the events that ruin it for the rest of us Westerners.

Your opinions and stories on Moldova? Dating website experiences? Anything?

Thanks,

provacateur
gsjackson
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by gsjackson »

I can remember two things being posted here about Moldova. One about an American who married a woman from Moldova about half his age, and they're still doing well many years later. The other was speculation that since Moldova is a very poor country, the women might be receptive to the advances of western males.

And as you say, maybe western males haven't been thoroughly discredited there by the punters yet, which I thought was kind of the case in Prague.
emh
Freshman Poster

Post by emh »

You mean this place??? :D :D :D

provocateur
Freshman Poster

Post by provocateur »

Just by using some inductive (or is that deductive?) reasoning, Moldova seems to be a jewel. Ukraine and Romania produce fine specimens. This little country Moldova is sandwiched right in between, so it must be much the same. And...it is by far the poorest country in Europe. The wine is supposedly world class. Unspoiled by punters. Does this sound like an opportunity for worldly gentlemen?? I AM GOING THIS JUNE! I'll be sure to report back.

The first two are videos of the ladies, the last one is about the woes of the country:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5c0Erkgc ... plpp_video[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MYq60A-r ... plpp_video[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dvOdeg5h ... plpp_video[/youtube]
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

emh wrote:You mean this place??? :D :D :D

Thanks for starting my day off with a laugh!

And enjoy EE...
Fenix
Junior Poster

Post by Fenix »

A beautiful girl from Moldova messaged me today on Interpals. She gave me her email address and we are writing each other. I found it funny that a woman from that country messaged me and this was the first time I saw this thread earlier today lol. Great coincidence!!!
Google
Freshman Poster

Post by Google »

Capital of Moldova - Chisinau and.... girls :)

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=1482998
djfourmoney
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by djfourmoney »

Google wrote:Capital of Moldova - Chisinau and.... girls :)

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=1482998
Yeah its quite funny about how "Poor" some countries are. In reality Moldova is poorer than America though you would never know it by all the homeless, Tent Cities, Blown out cities and rising poverty in America.

Its just a lesser known FSU country and not much Tourist draw at this point.
Last edited by djfourmoney on April 21st, 2012, 4:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.
aozora13
Freshman Poster

Post by aozora13 »

I agree I am starting to chat with a girl from Chisinau too. She attractive and I think I will see how it goes. I know that I need to keep all possibilities open.
Contrarian Expatriate
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Contrarian Expatriate »

I was there 4 years ago and was not impressed. The women are not that friendly and walk around Chisinau with gloomy looks on their faces.

My friend characterized Moldova as a country full of "Elviras." I would not go that far, but you would be far better off going to Romania next door. Chisinau has a limited nightlife and things seem stuck in the past there.

I have met some Moldovan girls in Key West, Florida who were lovely, but they had been here for several months. Moldova as a destination does not get much play because it generally does not warrant it.

The best hotel was the Grand Dedemon at the time I stayed. It was barely suitable, but there may be something new there.
djfourmoney
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by djfourmoney »

Contrarian Expatriate wrote:I was there 4 years ago and was not impressed. The women are not that friendly and walk around Chisinau with gloomy looks on their faces.

My friend characterized Moldova as a country full of "Elviras." I would not go that far, but you would be far better off going to Romania next door. Chisinau has a limited nightlife and things seem stuck in the past there.

I have met some Moldovan girls in Key West, Florida who were lovely, but they had been here for several months. Moldova as a destination does not get much play because it generally does not warrant it.

The best hotel was the Grand Dedemon at the time I stayed. It was barely suitable, but there may be something new there.
I agree, however there is a regular poster on ISG that lives in one of the college towns. On top of a regular GF he mines the area for talent on a daily basis. He had reason for being in town which allows him to escape the sex tourist glare.

Moldavian are a mix of Roma and Slavic peoples and direct relatives in Romanians. Anyway its not for vacation, its for Wife Hunting and for the most part people are successful with that. Unfortunately mongers go in for temporary flings with no intention of sweeping a girl off her feet and taking her with you.

You're right there isn't much economic development because there isn't much to exploit. It has wineries but they are direct competition with the heavy weights from France, Italy and Spain. Its a land locked country so very little tourist value. I don't know why the women have gloomy faces as you say but that's likely because daily life isn't that great in Moldova overall, especially when you hear about places in Western Europe, South America and The US.

This is why "for the moment" Moldavian women are open to foreign men. It hasn't been completely invaded by desperate Western Europeans or MOB industry, yet and most of their direct experience with Western men comes from Italians and Turks.
Google
Freshman Poster

Post by Google »

djfourmoney wrote:
Moldavian are a mix of Roma and Slavic peoples and direct relatives in Romanians.

Roma (Gypsies) :?: ? You are wrong! Significant number of Moldovans considered themselves part of the Romanian nation. Romanians and Roma are two completely different ethnic groups with different outlook and culture. Only the names are similar, no more. Do not confuse them.

Romanians:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Origin_of_Romanians

Roma: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Romani_people

a few rich and middle class Moldovans:

taken from http://chisinau.old.mainpeople.com

Yeah its quite funny about how "Poor" some countries are.
i'm impressed when i saw Rolls-Royce in this small country. Actually there is several Rolls-Royce in moldova, any colours - red, black, white.... I always thought Moldova, in particular its capital Chisinau, looks like a provincial town in the poor part of Ukraine, i.e. backwards and without elegant and luxury, but i was wrong )

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Wow check out this gorgeous Moldovan girl on my dating site. She's so beautiful, exotic and feminine! Her legs are sexy too! Her occupation is psychologist too. Wow I've never seen a psychologist that looks like this.

http://dating.happierabroad.com/gal/det ... 733791?b=1

Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by ladislav »

Brits loooove producing documentaries besmirching this or that E. Euro country-- total propaganda. They love visiting slums and tenements-- they seek them out on purpose and then present them to the world. That is the only area of the world they are allowed to whine about and look down upon because if they say anything about Islamic countries, Asian or African countries,or Latin American countries, accusations of " racism" fly. Hence, they nastily sink their teeth into Slovakia, Moldova, etc. Russia being the favorite.

Take any British YouTube video with a grain of salt.

Anyway, the way Moldova was born was something like this:

Before there was no Romania but there were three countries: Moldova, Transylvania and Wallachia ( sp.)

When the Russian Empire expanded, they took part of Moldova under their wing so to speak and made it a province called Bessarabia. The Western Moldova fused with Wallachia and Transylvania into a new country called Romania. The Eastern Moldova was given a Union Republic status when the USSR was formed. They had their own parliament, everything was in their language ( which is basically Romanian but they had it written in Cyrillic).

When the USSR fell apart, there was a talk of "joining into" Romania ( as what Western Moldova did way back) but after having been under the Russians for a long time, these felt that they did not belong with Romania ( and less so with any Slavic nation) and there was a fear that they would be treated like hicks by Romanians. They also felt that under the Slavs, they developed ( or strengthened) a unique Moldovan national identity and were now a full nation ( something which Moldovans in the West lost as they became just Romanians)

So, they decided to stay as an independent republic.

The Slavs in the Eastern part of Moldova rebelled and formed Transnistria- an unrecognized country now.

The Moldovans are Latins- just like Italians or French. Their language can be easily learned and many parts can be understood by anyone who speaks Spanish or Italian etc.

Poor? Dunno- everything is cheap there.

Here is a wedding there:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wBNWR_ZcZcA
A brain is a terrible thing to wash!