Feeling Lonely? You're Not Alone

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
Banano
Veteran Poster

Feeling Lonely? You're Not Alone

Post by Banano »

Thoughts of loneliness usually bring to mind little old ladies who live alone, but it affects people from all walks of life -- from the workaholic husband to the self-confident college student.

As an American who has lived in 5 different countries, i can tell you that the lonliness is an environmental issue. America is filled with workaholics, angry feminist bitches, paranoid citizens and money chasers. Most Americans fear each other and rarely open up to strangers. Everytime I return from another country I feel lonely and depressed here.

I do find in today's society loneliness seems to be increasing. You'd think with all these technological advances we'd be a tighter knit world, but I see all these forums and websites of so many people suffering from loneliness. When I go out, I only seem to notice everyone so happy and with all their friends while I'm almost always by myself.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

The loneliness epidemic in the US is off the charts! :shock:

I have nicked named the USA as, "The United Lonely States of America."

Here are some replies from this video in the comment section:

"I lived for 20 years in America and I feel exactly the same way. I'm originally from Korea and all my Korean friends that just came from korea are full of life! and are not afraid of trust and being different/interesting. So I'm finally going back! yay."

"Facebook is a lie. cellphones and skype are a lie. nothing can replace face to face contact."

"I feel lonely whenever I am in the U.S. - like I have no friends and it makes me depressed."
"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by zboy1 »

Great video Banano! I used to have a group of friends in High School--but ever since then, its been a struggle to find new friends. The social environment in the U.S. is very competitive and is based on stupid, superficial things like looks, status, the clothing you wear, how 'cool' you are, etc. And the vast majority of Americans are such posers and fakers--it's hard not to be disinterested in most of them.
OTB
Freshman Poster

Post by OTB »

It's a sick society that I live in. This is one reason I want to detach myself from this place. I can't stand the feeling of being socially isolated but it's this way for a number of reasons. For one, most Americans are quite shallow and predictable and I don't connect with most of them. If I do, they're different and don't have that predictable American mentality. Two, when it comes to women I think you all know the deal. If you look at a girl too long you're a pervert or you look desperate. If you try to spark up a conversation with a female that catches your eye then you're a potential threat making her feel uncomfortable. It makes the prospect of socializing with the opposite sex in public pointless.

Now, in all my travels I did some serious socializing and I loved it. People were friendly and opened to meeting someone new. I felt like a human being. I connected with people who were very intelligent and thought outside the box. I hated coming back here.

I consider myself a great conversationalist and I'm very personable with people I sense are real. So it's not that I lack social skills or that I just don't like to socialize. It's the society in which I live that makes me isolate myself.
All_That_Is_Man
Junior Poster

Post by All_That_Is_Man »

Shaking my head at the Bible-thumping black woman. Phx_Sosa is gonna rip that bitch apart when he watches this. :P

But anyway, I feel that American society has forced men to find peace of mind in "ghosting", however I would not call this loneliness. I think women experience "loneliness" per se, whereas men are more accustomed to be independent and self-isolating, as a way to survive a feminist, man-hating social construct. Men shouldn't know the meaning of the word lonely, because it's simply rediculous and out of our nature.
"Manginas grovel. Men travel." - me (04/17/2012)

"I used to be one of those men who believed that men are better than women at everything. Then I stood corrected!
Women are better than men at... getting fat." - me (02/24/2013)

Black women suck at life.
ssjparris
Junior Poster

Post by ssjparris »

I have never been alone my entire life. I have always felt comfortable with just myself.

Though I truly honestly understand both men and women in America that feel alone.

The environment is designed to make people feel this way. To make people weak and powerless and helpless.

Such a terrible environment this is.

I mean just look at winstons bio about it.

Look at ambient's ( a foreign female on this forum ) first post. She can not make friends with American women. They don't want to be her friend this includes her husband's family of females. They became very distant. The more ambient has shown niceness the further the women moved away from her.

Can you imagine how lonely she would feel from this. No one to talk to except your husband.

A Iranian female friend if mine told me her father could not wait to go back to Iran. Because every time he came to the USA he would get depressed. He said. Everyone is just existing here. No life in them at all. He said these people have no idea that they are slaves. He was just so depressed every time he cake back here.

For me....I don't know I guess I am special in that I never really needed to.be around people. I have never ever felt lonely in my entire life.
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

OTB wrote:It's a sick society that I live in. This is one reason I want to detach myself from this place. I can't stand the feeling of being socially isolated but it's this way for a number of reasons. For one, most Americans are quite shallow and predictable and I don't connect with most of them. If I do, they're different and don't have that predictable American mentality. Two, when it comes to women I think you all know the deal. If you look at a girl too long you're a pervert or you look desperate. If you try to spark up a conversation with a female that catches your eye then you're a potential threat making her feel uncomfortable. It makes the prospect of socializing with the opposite sex in public pointless.

Now, in all my travels I did some serious socializing and I loved it. People were friendly and opened to meeting someone new. I felt like a human being. I connected with people who were very intelligent and thought outside the box. I hated coming back here.

I consider myself a great conversationalist and I'm very personable with people I sense are real. So it's not that I lack social skills or that I just don't like to socialize. It's the society in which I live that makes me isolate myself.
That is exactly how I feel about living in this socially dysfuntional culture. People are conditioned not to talk to strangers and women are taught that men are creeps and perverts.

So what happens when a guy strikes up a conversation with a woman in the US? The woman thinks he is a creep and a pervert and does not feel comfortable. She most likely will not give him her phone number and even if she does, when he calls her, she will screen her calls and never pick up when he calls her.

The only people I connect with in the US are foreigners and people who are not into pop culture. So as you can guess, there are not many people in the US I feel comfortable around. :P
"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."
Winston
Site Admin

Re: Feeling Lonely? You're Not Alone

Post by Winston »

Does this help?

How to be alone without feeling lonely

Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

Lana Blakely made this video regarding loneliness and how to cope with feeling lonely.

jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

Joe Rogan on loneliness in America.