The US has ruined Australia

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
OzGuy
Freshman Poster

The US has ruined Australia

Post by OzGuy »

I have lived in Australia all my life and have seen it change drastically. When I was a kid, we knew all our neighbours, heck even half the street. People were a lot easier to talk to, and I assume this would be the case for women also (I was too young to date then). We even had our own "culture" if you can call it that, and people were far less aggressive and violent. So what happened?

Since then I have seen it go downhill. Most Australians no longer know their neighbours, let alone their names! There is no more community feel and everyone is isolated. We have also become very materialistic and have to have the latest everything. Every movie and TV show here is now American, in fact it actually sounds "strange" to hear an Australian accent on TV or in a movie!

I believe the problem is that Australia has become a lot more Americanised over the years. If any of you have been to Australia, you would be surprised at how much American influence we have. Some now even call Australia the "51st date of America".

Reading through these forums, i'm amazed at how similar the US is to Australia. Everything said here is exactly the same in Australia.

There only seems to be one difference, and that is they probably drink more in Australia. So basically imagine America, but with a LOT more drunks. The women here are also more violent.

Sadly, america is slowly taking over the world. Lets hope it doesn't ever spread to Europe or Russia, or we are all doomed.
S_Parc
Veteran Poster

Re: The US has ruined Australia

Post by S_Parc »

OzGuy wrote:I believe the problem is that Australia has become a lot more Americanised over the years. If any of you have been to Australia, you would be surprised at how much American influence we have. Some now even call Australia the "51st date of America".

Reading through these forums, i'm amazed at how similar the US is to Australia. Everything said here is exactly the same in Australia.

There only seems to be one difference, and that is they probably drink more in Australia. So basically imagine America, but with a LOT more drunks. The women here are also more violent.
Coming from the late great Ted Kennedy's home state, I'd say that our rate of drunkenness is just as bad as Australia.

My impression of Oz was that it was a type of outdoors Southern California mall, not too distinct from many places in Orange County, but with high end brothels, neatly dispersed, to keep men from going insane.
OzGuy wrote:Sadly, america is slowly taking over the world. Lets hope it doesn't ever spread to Europe or Russia, or we are all doomed.
Well ... it's kinda hard to stop a type of 'Winner take all' culture. It sort of creates this vibe where if you're a Michael Jordan or the Winner of an American Idol contest, then the whole world is your playground. I'd imagine that the current oligarchs and bankers, coming up between Moscow & Prague, may this sort of mentality, looking ahead. Well, if you're not an oligarch, then the next best thing is to serve one.

All and all, if the nation doesn't have a distinctive factor, like folks adhering to Canadian-French, up in Quebec, vs being like Ontario or Alberta, then there's little impeding the way. Right now, the Quebec border does force a certain percent of Americanisms, from creeping into the Province, however, perhaps it's just a matter of time before even they fall, as Quebec certainly isn't France.
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by zboy1 »

OzGuy wrote:I have lived in Australia all my life and have seen it change drastically. When I was a kid, we knew all our neighbours, heck even half the street. People were a lot easier to talk to, and I assume this would be the case for women also (I was too young to date then). We even had our own "culture" if you can call it that, and people were far less aggressive and violent. So what happened?

Since then I have seen it go downhill. Most Australians no longer know their neighbours, let alone their names! There is no more community feel and everyone is isolated. We have also become very materialistic and have to have the latest everything. Every movie and TV show here is now American, in fact it actually sounds "strange" to hear an Australian accent on TV or in a movie!

I believe the problem is that Australia has become a lot more Americanised over the years. If any of you have been to Australia, you would be surprised at how much American influence we have. Some now even call Australia the "51st date of America".

Sadly, america is slowly taking over the world. Lets hope it doesn't ever spread to Europe or Russia, or we are all doomed.
Plus, now you have thousands of American soldiers stationed in Australia. Thanks to that warmongering ass, Obama, Australia is now a target for Islamists and potentially China and Russia as well. Why would Australia move closer to the imperialist America when they already have good relations with its Asian neighbors, and China and Russia?????????? If it weren't for China and the booming Asian economies, Australia would be another casualty of the financial crisis.
odbo
Veteran Poster

Post by odbo »

OzGuy wrote:I believe the problem is that Australia has become a lot more Americanised over the years.
You can blame this bogeyman "America", but that's exactly what the elites want, for the blame to be on someone else. They blamed the two world wars on the Germans. They blamed immigration on the Mexicans.
S_Parc wrote:Coming from the late great Ted Kennedy's home state, I'd say that our rate of drunkenness is just as bad as Australia.
Ted Kennedy great? :lol: Wasn't he most responsible for the Immigration Act of 1965 which opened the borders to Winston Wu?
Last edited by odbo on August 7th, 2020, 5:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
ph_visitor
Freshman Poster

Post by ph_visitor »

Let's just pull a few logical fallacies off the top:

1) My family is 14th Gen Americans here way before any Jooos emigrated.
2) Jews are not a nationality thus...
3) Someone can be Jewish and American at the same time
4) If Hitler was a Jew, he sure did kill a lot of them. This does not make sense. If Jews started WW2, killing lots of Jews makes no sense.
odbo wrote:They blamed the two world wars on the Germans.
Yes, it was Jews who were on Japanese ships all over the Pacific, and Jews in tanks killing Russians, Poles and everyone else. /s
Voice of Reason
Junior Poster

Post by Voice of Reason »

The United States is going down the toilet, and Australia will follow.

Both countries had their heyday, and then they screwed it up with feminist indoctrination, consumerism and moronic television (In a nutshell...anti-intellectualism) - all of which has caused widespread social illness.

What have these countries got to cure this illness? No one has sex. Social life is disconnected and cliquey. And more power is being given to women who shouldn't have it.
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

Voice of Reason wrote:What have these countries got to cure this illness? No one has sex. Social life is disconnected and cliquey. And more power is being given to women who shouldn't have it.
Yes, your right about no one having sex, well a small percentage of men are getting laid easily (high status males, celebrities, actors, wealthy men). The social life is disconnected and cliquey. When was the last time you talked to your neighbors? Does anybody socialize with their neighbors anymore?

More power is being given to women. Someday we may have a woman president and who knows what kind of anti-male laws she may try to pass. :shock:
"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."
OzGuy
Freshman Poster

Post by OzGuy »

jamesbond wrote:
Voice of Reason wrote:What have these countries got to cure this illness? No one has sex. Social life is disconnected and cliquey. And more power is being given to women who shouldn't have it.
Yes, your right about no one having sex, well a small percentage of men are getting laid easily (high status males, celebrities, actors, wealthy men). The social life is disconnected and cliquey. When was the last time you talked to your neighbors? Does anybody socialize with their neighbors anymore?

More power is being given to women. Someday we may have a woman president and who knows what kind of anti-male laws she may try to pass. :shock:
In Australia this is already happening. Our PM (gillard) is a radical feminist and she is already screwing the country over. Even most women hate her - now that is saying something.

She was never voted in either, she is only there because she back stabbed Rudd. Of course the feminists love it though - singing "we have our first female PM" from the rooftops.

Never let women in positions of high political power. Look at the destruction bligh caused to qld.
Contrarian Expatriate
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Contrarian Expatriate »

Australia is pretty bad. I've been there twice and I would never want to go back. It has some suble differances than the US, but it is far too close to the US culture for my taste.
sushiman
Freshman Poster

Post by sushiman »

Wow that's too bad, I imagined it different. Oh well crossing that off the list of places to visit.
OzGuy
Freshman Poster

Post by OzGuy »

Contrarian Expatriate wrote:Australia is pretty bad. I've been there twice and I would never want to go back. It has some suble differances than the US, but it is far too close to the US culture for my taste.
I don't blame you. I can't wait to get out of this bogan infested hole.

Australia does have some beautiful places, but that's where it ends. The people and the culture is what ruins it.
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by ladislav »

2) Jews are not a nationality thus...
In most of Europe they are seen as a separate nationality ( not citizenship, but as an ethnic nation) as in most places in the Old World. Can testify to that by seeing Soviet Internal passport where it clearly said- nationality Hebrew. Jews themselves consider themselves a Nation. Am Yisroel.
3) Someone can be Jewish and American at the same time
Anyone can be an American as it is a citizenship. Anyone can be a citizen in New World nations. Those are none ethnic, non blood line based nations.
One cannot be Jewish and German/Polish/Ukrainian at the same time, though. Or Jewish and Russian. Those are ethnic nations and they do not allow Semitic admixtures/descent from another stock.
Last edited by ladislav on April 22nd, 2012, 3:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A brain is a terrible thing to wash!
davewe
Experienced Poster

Post by davewe »

ladislav wrote:

One cannot be Jewish and German/Polish/Ukrainian at the same time, though. Or Jewish and Russian. Those are ethnic nations and they do not allow Semitic admixtures/descent from another stock.
This is an interesting distinction, though one I don't completely agree with. Prior to WW2 most German Jews considered themselves to be loyal Germans. They'd lived in Germany for generations and had prospered. Of course in this context I am referring to German as in the nation Germany, not as in the German people. The German people always considered themselves separate from Jews.

Growing up my friends and relatives often referred to themselves as German-Jews or Polish-Jews or Russian-Jews. But of course, you are correct. They were referring not to the German, Polish or Russian people, but to the nations Germany, Poland and Russia.

BTW, as an irrelevant aside, I love ODBO's posts. I wake up in the morning, read one of his rants and remind myself, "I run the world. ODBO says so." :)
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by ladislav »

This is an interesting distinction, though one I don't completely agree with. Prior to WW2 most German Jews considered themselves to be loyal Germans. They'd lived in Germany for generations and had prospered. Of course in this context I am referring to German as in the nation Germany, not as in the German people. The German people always considered themselves separate from Jews.
I can stick a feather in my hat and consider myself a loyal member of the local Indian tribe. Somehow they won't buy it because no blood content, you see. The Jews could have considered themselves whatever they wanted. It is up to the German people to decide what constitutes being a German and who is German and who is not. They are the ones who decide. They saw Jews as a Semitic tribe pretending to be Germans and faking Germanness. Who cares what the Jews considered themselves?

I also do not agree or rather do not approve with/of the system that they have in Europe, but my agreement or disagreement has as much bearing on the flow of events there as a fart of a mosquito in the Amazon would. My family witnessed deportations and resettlements and murder of entire ethnic groups who were officially ( by governments of those countries) designated as 'other' nationalities in the countries where they lived and were born in. In my birth city alone, all the ethnic Poles were deported as it was declared a Ukrainian city. All these Poles had been born there. They would probably be considered Ukrainians in America. But not there.

I had a 'non Ukrainian' 'nationality' designation in my internal passport ( still have that wacky birth certificate with that weird nationality on it) and was along with my father not allowed to live in the city of my birth. We had to move. So I witnessed the blood based nationality system first hand.
Growing up my friends and relatives often referred to themselves as German-Jews or Polish-Jews or Russian-Jews.
And did they have IDs and documents birth certificates where the nationality was written in as Hebrew by gov't officials? Because my friends and relatives had that. They were embarrassed to show their IDs. Also, in schools and at work, when you show your internal passport/national ID it said clearly Nationality "Hebrew" in black and white. And of course, the facial features were a dead giveaway, anyway.
But of course, you are correct. They were referring not to the German, Polish or Russian people, but to the nations Germany, Poland and Russia.
Growing up where? In the US? Where were they referring to themselves as that? In America, again? That figures. Americans love labeling people and asking them where their family comes from; and based on that they form an identity of a person and their 'nationality" within the USA. They think that in other countries birth there makes you one of them as it does in the USA.

Sounds like your friends were such Americans you grew up with. Their families had to come up with some American definition to attach some label to them within the US system, because in Poland no such hyphenation would take place. A Jew was a Jew there , not a Polish Jew.

Were those people you grew up with citizens of Germany, Russia or Poland? Did they speak the languages of those countries? Did they owe allegiance to those countries politically?

In Russia the distinction between citizenship and nationality is very pronounced and official. Anyone can be a Russian citizen, but you cannot be a "Russki" and 20 percent of the country are ethnically non Russian, thus. Born there or not. You have to be 50 % ethnically Russian to be considered Russian, or at least a half breed.
For example, when I was there one look at my face was enough for most of them to see that i was not of the same stock.

This is how the things are there.

What people erroneously refer to themselves on the US territory is a different thing.

These concepts are hard for Americans to grasp because those countries do not have concepts such as "born and raised", "native-born", or "white people", or nationality based on where one's family comes from. There, it is purely ethnic similar to how one distinguishes breeds of dogs.

This is why Jews loved America because once one is born in the US, one is American. Nothing like that in those countries.

This is why they had left them to begin with.
A brain is a terrible thing to wash!
E Irizarry R&B Singer
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by E Irizarry R&B Singer »

OH yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh I had gone to Aussie-land 9 years ago. You guys are right on the button about Australia. Food is fried and tasty in Sydney, but so pricey. Kings Cross is the 42nd Street of Australia and an arm pit too. I ran through almost SIX and A HALF STACKS of USD in 6 weeks there..living out of a hostel! Other than the Persian Aussie girl (7.5/10) that accosted me, I was smashing mediocre women...not even the upper echelon of them. I had to pay overweight luggage for flying from Victoria to S. Australia to New South Wales.....food........just f**k that place, really.