World of Warcraft

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
boycottamericanwomen
Experienced Poster

World of Warcraft

Post by boycottamericanwomen »

Okay guys, I posted an earlier thread about free MMO games.

But let's face it, NOTHING COMPARES TO WORLD OF WARCRAFT.

And once you play it, you are HOOKED FOR LIFE, JUST LIKE CRACK!

I just found a torrent where you can play WoW for FREE on a private server, and thus don't have to pay the damn 15 dollar monthly fee.

I admit, I just cannot resist. And I have accepted my fate as a WoW addict, just as a crackhead accepts their fate as a crack addict.

But, I will use the in-game timer and try to limit my daily playing to only 1 or 2 hours daily.

Okay, here's the link to the free WoW torrent:

http://thepiratebay.se/torrent/6163279/ ... 5a_(12340)

ALL HAIL THE LICH KING!
Attn: Please read "The TRUTH Be Told", a free eBook that can help save you from feminism and your guvment.

Read the book online
Download the book

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

boycottamericanwomen
Experienced Poster

Oh, I forgot to mention that I was only able to quit WoW for about 2 weeks.

Yes, WarCRACK, it should be called.
Attn: Please read "The TRUTH Be Told", a free eBook that can help save you from feminism and your guvment.

Read the book online
Download the book
Repatriate
Veteran Poster

Post by Repatriate »

A few old high school friends of mine who I no longer talk to got into this shortly before I left the U.S. indefinitely. A few years after that I talked with them on instant messenger and they were still into this crap. So I asked one of them what he was doing now and his life was going to work, coming home playing warcraft, sleeping, then repeating that cycle endlessly. During those few years he didn't socialize with friends outside of that game, do any real life extracurriculur activity, involve himself in any relationships with females, or learn a skill. It was just a total waste of 3+ years.

Screw these types of games what you lose (a portion of your youth and productive life span) is in no way worth whatever "entertainment" you derive from this.

Maybe when i'm a doddering old man with nothing to look forward to I might play something like this though. In that situation all I would have is time on my hands.
boycottamericanwomen
Experienced Poster

Well, considering I am already married and also living abroad, I don't think such a game would actually interfere with my real life.

Yes, if you are single and have nothing else to do, I can see how you would get totally involved in the game. Always got to just use it as a pastime or hobby.

Anyway, point is I tried some of the free online MMO games, and they mostly sucked and couldn't even compare with WoW, even though they tried hard to imitate it.

So I found a free server, and thought well f**k it, I can play for free now.

I also got a lot of other computer games which are pretty cool.

League of Legends is a fun Warcraft 3/Starcraft styled multiplayer online game. Each game or battle consists of 4 other players, and lasts about 20 or 30 minutes each. It's a fun way to chill out, and not addicting so much.

Read the book online
Download the book
Billy
Experienced Poster

Post by Billy »

wow is a good second option for us guys on ha. when our first aim fails we still can get in virtually. great success! :)
Guyver
Freshman Poster

I know this game well

Post by Guyver »

This is actually one topic that I have a lot of experience with. I played that game for 3 years straight before I decided to quit because it was getting in the way of my school work when I was in college. After I quit, I only played single player games, and I felt that I had a lot more control over. Instead of playing 6-8 hours a day on WoW, I would spend maybe 1-2 hours on the single player games because it was easier. The addiction factor in MMO games, such as World of Warcraft, has nothing to do with the options of entertainment value per se. Any game out there on the market can have it's own version of entertainment value. It has everything to do with the SOCIAL aspects of the games. In a heavily anti-social/workaholic society that we live in, games like WoW are the perfect inexpensive social outlet that we have when we get home from working all day. Plus, when I played, I actually felt like I was NEEDED for different things such as helping other players with group quests or helping new players learn the ropes. With all the things that Blizzard puts in the game: leveling characters, collecting gear, mats, working on professions, collecting mounts and pets, exploring Azeroth, PVP, battlegrounds. I can tell you that NONE of it is infinite. There is a limit, and everyone who is addicted will reach that limit.

How do I know this? I can tell you that after playing for 3 years, quiting for 2 years, and then trying to get back into it just doesn't work. There are only so many dungeons, raids, character and profession leveling that any human being can take before you just say "f**k this, why am I still playing this game?" That is the breaking point of the addiction. I started playing again about 5 months ago, and it just isn't the same. I started seeing the same patterns in EVERYTHING with the Cataclysm expansion. Bottom line is that it is all the same old shit, and I could either take it or leave it. I only play on weekends now, and even then I can only stand to be on it for no more than about 3 hours at a time. Chances are I will either sell my account or give it away at some point. For now, I'll stay only because I can get a grain of social interaction that I don't get in real life America.
WuFan
Freshman Poster

Post by WuFan »

I haven´t played videogames or computer games in years.

I might start again though once Diablo 3 comes out.
boycottamericanwomen
Experienced Poster

Yea I hear you, WoW is extremely repetitive, and that is why I managed to quit it for just two weeks! It's harder for married men to get addicted to it, as they have a life outside of the internet that requires maintaining. So I am not worried about getting addicted and playing 8 hours a day.

If I was a single guy with nothing else to do, yea, I probably would play it 8 hours a day. But being married, that's not possible.

As for Diablo 3, it will require you to be online at all times, even to play the single player. I am also looking forward to it, but the internet part sucks because the internet in India goes down a lot.

Read the book online
Download the book
boycottamericanwomen
Experienced Poster

Okay, I just read a bunch of WoW addict stories and that helped me to give up any desire to play it.

Also, I have a ton of single player computer games that I want to play, games that are in fact far more well designed than WoW.

Anyone played Skyrim? I like RPGs, and WoW is not really much of an RPG.

Read the book online
Download the book
boycottamericanwomen
Experienced Poster

Anyway, I know I probably will started playing WoW again soon, but for now, I will say f**k it. It takes too long to download, anyway.

Read the book online
Download the book
boycottamericanwomen
Experienced Poster

OH MY GOD I CAN'T MAKE UP MY MIND I AM A f***ing CRACKHEAD, I NEED TO GET HELP! OH MY GOD IAM DOWNLOADING IT NOW AND INJECTING THE WOW DRUG INTO MY BLOOD STREAM!

Read the book online
Download the book
boycottamericanwomen
Experienced Poster

Okay, seriously guys. I just took a look at this WoW Detox site,. where it has over 50,000 stories from ex "Wow addicts".

What a joke. Most of the stories were written by WOMEN, and women are notorious for having lack of self control.

The other 50 percent of stories were written mostly by a bunch of stupid kids under the age of 18.

Yea, if I was a damn kid, who lived with his parents and didn't have to work, I can understand how you might spend too much time playing.

But if you are an adult, with a job, and married, it's pretty hard to get "hooked" to the game and play it 16 hours a day.

Really, most of those guys are f***ing losers who wrote those ex-addict stories.

Anyway, you can just set the Time Limit to 1 or 2 hours a day, so that you don't end up playing it longer.

Yea, it's a fun game, and great to play. MODERATION is the key to anything in life. Balance is bliss. So, use your time limits and set it to only allow you to play 1 or 2 hours a day, and then you're set.

Read the book online
Download the book
boycottamericanwomen
Experienced Poster

I went and played for a couple of days on the Molten WoW servers, which are free. Guess what? THEY SUCK ASS!

I am so disappointed with it that I am going to go back to Blizzard's servers, and pay the 15 dollar a month fee.

Problem with Molten is, the servers are badly scripted. You may go into a city, but you can't find the quests, and even if you do, if you accidentally cancel them, you can't get them back.

The servers on Molten are very shitty, cheaply designed, and just plain sucky.

Blizzard truely has the only good servers out there. So I am going back to Blizzard. And I'll set up a daily time limit, 3 hours max a day, so that I don't get overboard with the game.

People say this game is addicting, well, it is also a very good way to pass the time. Some people play golf, others go to bars and drink, and some play World of Warcraft. What's the problem?

Read the book online
Download the book