Has anyone visited Bali, Indonesia or Cambodia?

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Has anyone visited Bali, Indonesia or Cambodia?

Post by zboy1 »

I'm curious because I've seen several videos of Cambodia and Bali on Youtube--and they look like pretty awesome places to visit. I know there's lots of foreigners living in Bali, Indonesia--as it's a popular place for single females and retirees. As for Cambodia, it looks to be a fascinating country to be in. Anyone on HA been to any of these places?

Cambodia

Bali

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fTkp7fIt ... re=related[/youtube]

E_Irizarry
Veteran Poster

Post by E_Irizarry »

I wonder if there are alot of Aussie skankish women living in Bali, Indo.
"I appreciate the opportunities I have in America. Opportunities that allow me to live abroad." **Smiles** - Have2Fly@H.A. (2013)

"The only way to overcome that is to go abroad to get a broad."
- E. Irizarry (2009)

"MGTOW resilience is the key to foreign residence. You better muthafuckin' ask somebody!!"
- E. Irizarry (2012)

"I rather be ostracized by 157.0 million (27.3% of the US of Gay pop), then to appease 1 feminist." - E. Irizarry (2013)

TanBoy by DNA | Despedido, Hugo Chavez...Descansa en paz!
xiongmao
Veteran Poster

Post by xiongmao »

My sister went to Bali on honeymoon and she said the local women were the most beautiful she'd ever seen.

I think Australians would ruin the place for me though.

I have the chance of going there for a wedding later in the year, so I'll report back if I actually go.
I was Happier Abroad for a while but Covid killed that off.
Fed up with being foreveralone.jpg? Check out my comprehensive directory of dating sites.
Love Chinese girls? Read my complete guide to Chinese dating.
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by zboy1 »

xiongmao wrote:My sister went to Bali on honeymoon and she said the local women were the most beautiful she'd ever seen.

I think Australians would ruin the place for me though.

I have the chance of going there for a wedding later in the year, so I'll report back if I actually go.

Yeah, I would be interested in your observations about the place in the future, Xiongmao! And you're right about Australians ruining Bali--too many of them causing problems over there--from what I've been told by people who've visited the place.
Taco
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Taco »

If you live in Indonesia your going to be limited to dating foreign women only. Dating local women is not going to go over very well in a muslim country. However, local men can bang foreign women without any legal repercussions.
ethan_sg
Freshman Poster

Post by ethan_sg »

The problem with Bali is that it's now filled with Westerners, and in particular Australians. I'm sure if many of you want to move out of Western countries, you don't want to end up in a place where you're still surrounded by westerners and similar social atmospheres with what you get back home.

Of course one might argue that westerners who move to Asia are generally a better group than those back home but Bali still seems to attract many of the loud, obnoxious, phony types who go to 'exotic' places with a superiority complex.
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by zboy1 »

ethan_sg wrote:The problem with Bali is that it's now filled with Westerners, and in particular Australians. I'm sure if many of you want to move out of Western countries, you don't want to end up in a place where you're still surrounded by westerners and similar social atmospheres with what you get back home.

Of course one might argue that westerners who move to Asia are generally a better group than those back home but Bali still seems to attract many of the loud, obnoxious, phony types who go to 'exotic' places with a superiority complex.
True +1
Mr S
Veteran Poster

Post by Mr S »

Basically Bali is full of Aussie woman who have the attitude "I'm not in Australia so I'll act like a slutty skank, what I do in Bali, stays in Bali" so it's similar to how American women might act like in popular resort cities in Mexico like Cancun or Puerto Vierta, basically they sit on the beach or by the pool all day then they go out at night to the bars or discos and get wasted, waiting to get picked up and pretend they were too drunk to remember anything. So you can probably hook up with a Aussie girl in Bali if you aren't too picky and can get past cock blockers, your good to go!
"The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." Marcus Aurelius, Roman Emperor and stoic philosopher, 121-180 A.D.
E_Irizarry
Veteran Poster

Post by E_Irizarry »

Mr. S. and Ethan Singapore nipped it in the bud on that one!
"I appreciate the opportunities I have in America. Opportunities that allow me to live abroad." **Smiles** - Have2Fly@H.A. (2013)

"The only way to overcome that is to go abroad to get a broad."
- E. Irizarry (2009)

"MGTOW resilience is the key to foreign residence. You better muthafuckin' ask somebody!!"
- E. Irizarry (2012)

"I rather be ostracized by 157.0 million (27.3% of the US of Gay pop), then to appease 1 feminist." - E. Irizarry (2013)

TanBoy by DNA | Despedido, Hugo Chavez...Descansa en paz!
xiongmao
Veteran Poster

Post by xiongmao »

I chatted to an Indonesian girl online for a while. She was exotically beautiful but sadly her time in China seemed to have turned her into a crazy dragon lady.

Indonesia is the 4th largest country in the world (in terms of population) so it's very undiscovered as far as Asian brides go.

I prefer Guangzhou to Bali. No tourists, no Aussies, the place is great!
I was Happier Abroad for a while but Covid killed that off.
Fed up with being foreveralone.jpg? Check out my comprehensive directory of dating sites.
Love Chinese girls? Read my complete guide to Chinese dating.
Repatriate
Veteran Poster

Post by Repatriate »

Indonesia is definitely underrated when it comes to finding a bride but it's also chock full of poverty. I think it also has a bad rap because it swings two extremes. Bali is a free for all tourist type city but there's also been highly publicized bouts of extremism in that country. I think most people just have it off the radar because islam is the principle religion there and they assume that marrying into a family like that would be complicated. The population is large enough that you'll find plenty of secular or superficial followers of the religion itself to date.