Do Italian and Spanish women like to date foreigners?

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the European Countries.
Winston
Site Admin

Do Italian and Spanish women like to date foreigners?

Post by Winston »

I hear that getting a real date for a western man in Italy or Spain is hard, even though the general population is very sociable and inclusive. So does that mean that the women in those countries only like to make friendly acquaintances with foreigners, and nothing more?
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Winston
Site Admin

Re: Do Italian and Spanish women like to date foreigners?

Post by Winston »

BASQUE wrote:
WWu777 wrote:I hear that getting a real date for a western man in Italy or Spain is hard, even though the general population is very sociable and inclusive. So does that mean that the women in those countries only like to make friendly acquaintances with foreigners, and nothing more?

No, it simply means that we are not easy catches. It takes a little effort to get a date with us. Try humour, make a girl laugh and half the work is done.
W: Hi Basque, what's your name by the way? You know, you're the second Spanish intellectual female that's written me recently. The other one is discussing Atheism and what I could add in my ebook against it.

Every Spanish female I met in my travels has been very smart, well read and able to converse on many topics. Wow. How come they are so smart at such a young age?

What do Spanish females think of Asian men? Do they like macho men or sweet romantic types?
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Grunt
Junior Poster

Post by Grunt »

Any nation that passes laws mandating men do X amount of housework is a nation that is too far gone for redemption. Mostly because its females have become feral beasts. Current company being a prime example.
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by ladislav »

Competition from local guys is too big.
Last edited by ladislav on June 3rd, 2008, 5:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
A brain is a terrible thing to wash!
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by ladislav »

WWu777 wrote:I hear that getting a real date for a western man in Italy or Spain is hard, even though the general population is very sociable and inclusive. So does that mean that the women in those countries only like to make friendly acquaintances with foreigners, and nothing more?
Well, excuse me,Italians and Spaniards are Westerners last time I checked.

This is what their men look like:

http://www.model-max.com/models/aitor/headshot.jpg
http://www.andressegura.net/images/andr ... _small.jpg
http://www.cherryflava.com/cherryflava/ ... bana03.jpg

Now imagine streets filled with guys like that and any half decent and even ugly fat girls being hit on by horny and aggressive guys like that daily. Any questions?
Grunt
Junior Poster

Post by Grunt »

Such prettyboys did show up in Ukraine and were promptly blown off by any girl with half a brain. I recall one perfumed prince named Scott that showed up in Kherson. The only dates he got were with (literally) teenage girls. The other girls simply laughed and walked away.

My wifes cousin told me a cutesy name they call such types, basically boils down to "spreader of venereal diseases". A well maintained, humble yet competent western man stands a better chance with quality ladies.

That said, the females in Italy and Spain are most likely beyond any hope of redemption. I met my wife within a few days of landing in Ukraine. I decided to marry her shortly after. Who here has ever hear of that happening to a guy that visits Italy or Spain?

No one I have read about.
woodwater
Freshman Poster

Post by woodwater »

BASQUE wrote:

No, it simply means that we are not easy catches. It takes a little effort to get a date with us. Try humour, make a girl laugh and half the work is done.
they got hairy chests and moustache
woodwater
Freshman Poster

Post by woodwater »

ladislav wrote:Competition from local guys is too big.
and they knife foreigners who try their gals. Do the same to them when they try your american/north european gals.
By the way, im portuguese
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by ladislav »

I have been to Italy and it seems that you have streets filled with testosterone-crazed totally model quality men and not so bad looking women as well, but the numbers of handsome guys vs.beautiful women are in the ratio of about 4:1. And the guys are always on the make. Never been to Spain but I think it is kind of along the same lines- too many handsome, gallant guys. I never read about an American guy going to Spain and finding a wife and living there, etc.

Spain is basically, well, kind of like an "Arab" country. It was an Arab country once and they preserve "the spirit".

Spain, Italy and even France are better destinations for women, not for men. Those are places where women go to find lovers and husbands etc. Men should not even waste thoughts, let alone money or actions on those places, imho.
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Adama »

ladislav wrote:I have been to Italy and it seems that you have streets filled with testosterone-crazed totally model quality men and not so bad looking women as well, but the numbers of handsome guys vs.beautiful women are in the ratio of about 4:1. And the guys are always on the make. Never been to Spain but I think it is kind of along the same lines- too many handsome, gallant guys. I never read about an American guy going to Spain and finding a wife and living there, etc.

Spain is basically, well, kind of like an "Arab" country. It was an Arab country once and they preserve "the spirit".

Spain, Italy and even France are better destinations for women, not for men. Those are places where women go to find lovers and husbands etc. Men should not even waste thoughts, let alone money or actions on those places, imho.
The fact that they are western women should be enough to keep most of us away, unless one has a financial reason for going there.

Remember there are two Italies though. There is the north (the Lombardi race), with taller blonder people, and the south (mixed Roman races), with more Arab-like people. While the whole of Spain has the Arab-like phenotype. (We only got the mixed Roman races here in the states. The Lombardis of the north were wealthy enough they didnt bother crossing the pond.)

If one is looking for easy Euro citizenship, is halfway tall, and good looking, going to Italy or Spain and marrying a babe might be the ticket. But I imagine the same extended adolescence is there like in the US. So it'd be to a woman over 30 who had mileage on her puntang.
woodwater
Freshman Poster

Post by woodwater »

ladislav wrote:I have been to Italy and it seems that you have streets filled with testosterone-crazed totally model quality men and not so bad looking women as well, but the numbers of handsome guys vs.beautiful women are in the ratio of about 4:1. And the guys are always on the make. Never been to Spain but I think it is kind of along the same lines- too many handsome, gallant guys. I never read about an American guy going to Spain and finding a wife and living there, etc.

In potugal the arab type is about 10% of the pop, mainly in the south or Madeira island. If women expect to find lots of Cristiano Ronaldo lookalikes when coming here theyre in for a bad surprise. Hes from Madeira,where African blood is particularly strong. It seems to make better bodies like in Ronaldo`s case.
Im quite pale by comparison. What i find frustrating is that its always the male who has to start a conversation, and in nightclubs its even more difficult for an introvert like me. Yes nprthern europe is easier for me,but they lack that "je ne sais quoi" of our girls
I know an english guy who married a portuguese gal, but he was blessed with surfer looks
yick
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by yick »

No, not really.

There are foreigners who marry and date Spanish women (Hypermak will be able to tell you about Italy, I would be interested to read his thoughts...) but Spanish women tend to like their own kind, probably more than anywhere in Europe, helps to speak Spanish, Spain has many tourists, the women aren't going to put out for someone who will be leaving there soon. You are always best off having a job and a life there and speaking the language.

Latin Americans do very well, so it isn't about race - it is about culture.
hypermak
Experienced Poster

Post by hypermak »

yick wrote:
August 17th, 2020, 7:45 pm
No, not really.

There are foreigners who marry and date Spanish women (Hypermak will be able to tell you about Italy, I would be interested to read his thoughts...) but Spanish women tend to like their own kind, probably more than anywhere in Europe, helps to speak Spanish, Spain has many tourists, the women aren't going to put out for someone who will be leaving there soon. You are always best off having a job and a life there and speaking the language.

Latin Americans do very well, so it isn't about race - it is about culture.
I am probably saying something obvious here, but the best way to find a dateable Italian (and probably Spanish) girl is find her abroad. Due to the low salaries in the respective home countries, there are literally tens of thousands of Italian girls living abroad. Same for girls from Spain, Portugal...then Eastern Europe, etc. Take London or any major city in Britain: you will always find Italian girls who will be there for work, study or simply to learn English while doing a little part-time work on the side.

One of the things I agreed on with @publicduende when I talked to him was that melting pot cities like London, Paris or New York are excellent dating grounds for people the world over. The trick is to try and meet girls who have just moved and have only partially assimilated the host culture and habits, with all the pros and cons.

The typical job of a happy-go-lucky Italian in the UK is barista in one of the coffee shop (Caffe Nero, Costa, Starbucks, etc.) franchises or chef/waiter in a restaurant/pizzeria. There are also a lot, and I mean a lot, of very well educated Italians who have high-profile jobs in the City or the academia. Meeting and dating them is easy, certainly easier to date them in Italy. The reason is simple: they will be more open to dating internationally than the average Italiana, since they are themselves foreigners in foreign land. They will also be relatively smarter, better-educated and obviously speak better English than the folks back home.

The cons are also obvious: if she is pretty and decent, she will have a more diverse and cosmopolitan dating pool to choose from, so she will end up being pickier than the average "local" Italian. I had some fun in the UK but, compared to Malta and obviously the Philippines, dating and let alone find a great woman for a long-term relationship is a lot harder. Case in point, while in the UK I dated 2 Italian girls, 1 Portuguese and 1 Polish. The best girl was, unsurprisingly, the Polish. :)
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

Maybe Hypermak will correct me if I post some comment here about Spain and Italy, it's already long time ago I made extensive trips through most parts of Europe, with motorcycle and later on with car.

However about Italy we have to keep in mind, that people in Northern part next to Switzerland and Austrian border are not living the same life-style as Italian people in commerical strong cities in Northern Italy, like in Milan or Genoa. You will find Italian people living far south of Rome, in not so well known areas like in Consenza or Catanzaro in rural areas quite different from busy Northern Italy.

Same can be said also about Spain - if you consider Spain only as Madrid, Barcelona, Malaga and even Andorra - then you should take a look to smaller not so well known cities inside - for example in North-Western part of Spain, check out some places like Leon or Valladolid...
But of course for such a round trip you need time and you need drive a car....

About meeting local people in place not so much into tourism, I had not so much language problems as I speak French and German, but do not expect everybody to be so good in languages if you are leaving the typical international holiday areas.

About Portugal, not the same, but not really a place for me, I left soon back to Spain, also the sound of the Portuguese language does not fit me well.

About women, I can only say as I did it many times, USA is the worst, followed by UK. Of course every guy from US or UK might feel he is in a paradise in Continental Europe in Spain or Italy, and it's also financially cheaper and with by far less legal restrictions. Nothing to worry about women who will send you to jail (check out Mercury's exaggerated comments - LOL)

However Continental Europe is not so much better if you look for a long term relationship - a nice European girl is not so easy to find.

If really interested in Spain I strongly recommend you to take some lessons in Spanish (will be also useful for you if you are living in the US I guess).
Do not expect that you can everywhere in Continental Europe communicate with ordinary local people in English.

We use other local languages in our daily life and English is for me a foreign language which we all had to learn in school.