Locked Up Abroad: Forbidden Love

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.
NorthAmericanguy
Veteran Poster

Locked Up Abroad: Forbidden Love

Post by NorthAmericanguy »

I think all you guys who plan on dealing with foreign women should watch the video below.

The video is a recount story of a British man who met a Filipino woman online and wound up getting into a lot of trouble after he started dating this woman (in the Philippines) who was still legally married, with 2 prior children. He made the situation worse after he got her pregnant.

I do have mixed feelings about the couple though, the guy was a moron for dealing with a married woman in a foreign country, and for getting the woman pregnant. I'm also shocked that this woman could coldly leave her 2 prior children just to run away this British guy. Nevertheless, I'm still happy for the couple, to some degree.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ACfSVbU ... re=related[/youtube]

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

NorthAmericanguy
Veteran Poster

Post by NorthAmericanguy »

HA! The youtube comments are hilarious:

"And who said love isn't blinding? This guy is a complete dumb ass. Chivalry is dead and women killed it. He almost died over a piece of p***y. Definitely not worth it! $400's to have someone executed? That's cheap. Should have done it!!! This guy simply f***ed with the wrong woman. I think she hid a lot of stuff from big d as in big dummy!"

"this lady is a fuking bitch that needed to go for life for leaving her other kids the slut shy was lookinh for a whiteman online lol to take care of her (she wanted money) she is a bad mum"

"She left her husband and kids for another man - funny enough she managed to stumble across a Western guy online (as ya do)..... "

"After watching this and seeing her side of the story, am i the only one that thinks its messed up that this lady would leave her kids and family behind over some guy? I understand that she thinks shes in love but what about the love of her family and kids? What about responsibility? What about being a mother FIRST and putting your kids FIRST? Thats just how i feel about this episode."

"real man? pffft. more like a damn fool. of all the women on the planet he choices one that not only is married but has children too. damn fool"
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Locked Up Abroad: Forbidden Love

Post by zboy1 »

NorthAmericanguy wrote:I think all you guys who plan on dealing with foreign women should watch the video below.

The video is a recount story of a British man who met a Filipino woman online and wound up getting into a lot of trouble after he started dating this woman (in the Philippines) who was still legally married, with 2 prior children. He made the situation worse after he got her pregnant.

I do have mixed feelings about the couple though, the guy was a moron for dealing with a married woman in a foreign country, and for getting the woman pregnant. I'm also shocked that this woman could coldly leave her 2 prior children just to run away this British guy. Nevertheless, I'm still happy for the couple, to some degree.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ACfSVbU ... re=related[/youtube]
Shame on the women for her behavior! The women should be ashamed of herself! This is one reason why I don't go after married chicks because of all the complications involved in such a relationship.The guy--I don't blame as much because he didn't know she was still considered legally married in the Philippines. Why are Filipino women such skanks, smh!
Taco
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Taco »

I just found this today.

Want to Spend Six Years In A Philippines Jail? Commit Adultery.
http://www.philippinesplus.com/want-to- ... -adultery/
ExpeditionSailor
Freshman Poster

Post by ExpeditionSailor »

For about a month now, I've been chatting with this Filipina I met on Cherry Blossoms. She's a nursing student, has finished her schooling and is in the process of doing a review before she writes the licencing exam.

She's interested in me, but we haven't discussed the possibility of marriage seriously. She has even invited me to stay with her when I come to visit the Philippines early next year.

The wrinkle is that she is separated, and can't afford an annulment. I find that a bit odd since she has a small house in Cebu City, and a small plot of land in the country that she inherited from her parents. She dresses fairly well, can afford broadband internet, and was able to finance her education through savings acquired from the time she was working as a nanny in Israel, and from money she borrowed from one of her sisters. Surely, with that kind of financial state, you would think she could find a way to pay for an annulment. The good news, I suppose, is that she hasn't asked me for any money at all. (Or does that request come later when she thinks I'm hooked and seriously talking about marriage?)

So hearing about the idiot who managed to get himself locked up for committing adultery has me rethinking the idea of getting seriously involved with this woman. Supposedly, her ex has moved on, married or shacked up with another woman, but I don't know what kind of history she has with him, nor the degree of antipathy between them.

I mean, the last thing I need is to go to the Philippines, start humping this girl, and find myself either getting hacked to bits with a machete or jailed, LOL.
davewe
Experienced Poster

Post by davewe »

ExpeditionSailor wrote:The wrinkle is that she is separated, and can't afford an annulment. I find that a bit odd since she has a small house in Cebu City, and a small plot of land in the country that she inherited from her parents. She dresses fairly well, can afford broadband internet, and was able to finance her education through savings acquired from the time she was working as a nanny in Israel, and from money she borrowed from one of her sisters. Surely, with that kind of financial state, you would think she could find a way to pay for an annulment. The good news, I suppose, is that she hasn't asked me for any money at all. (Or does that request come later when she thinks I'm hooked and seriously talking about marriage?)
Annullment in PI is difficult to get. There are only certain circumstances that allow you to get an annullment. It sure as hell isn't like divorce in the West. In addition it's expensive. 100,000 pesos on average if both parties agree and it is not a complex case.

So she probably can't afford an annullment and even if she can might not be able to get it. Who knows if the hudband agrees.

Be careful with this one. There are plenty of totally single girls in PI.
ExpeditionSailor
Freshman Poster

davewe wrote:
ExpeditionSailor wrote:The wrinkle is that she is separated, and can't afford an annulment. I find that a bit odd since she has a small house in Cebu City, and a small plot of land in the country that she inherited from her parents. She dresses fairly well, can afford broadband internet, and was able to finance her education through savings acquired from the time she was working as a nanny in Israel, and from money she borrowed from one of her sisters. Surely, with that kind of financial state, you would think she could find a way to pay for an annulment. The good news, I suppose, is that she hasn't asked me for any money at all. (Or does that request come later when she thinks I'm hooked and seriously talking about marriage?)
Annullment in PI is difficult to get. There are only certain circumstances that allow you to get an annullment. It sure as hell isn't like divorce in the West. In addition it's expensive. 100,000 pesos on average if both parties agree and it is not a complex case.

So she probably can't afford an annullment and even if she can might not be able to get it. Who knows if the hudband agrees.

She quoted me a figure of 70,000 PHP for her annulment - or about $1600 in Canadian funds. A lot of money in the PI, but not an absolute fortune.
Raja
Freshman Poster

Post by Raja »

ExpeditionSailor wrote:
davewe wrote:

She quoted me a figure of 70,000 PHP for her annulment - or about $1600 in Canadian funds. A lot of money in the PI, but not an absolute fortune.
I tend to agree that we totally overplay the "its too expensive" excuse. The truth is the society doesn't care, Catholic or not, when someone leaves their legal spouse to shack up with the new boyfriend. So why go through the process to marry again? They only care if one party is a VIP or a foreigner and his government requires marriage to immigrate. Most annulments are a play on Catholic annulments in the US, first you make a case for cause of divorce and then pay a doctor to "testi-lie" that the reason was one spouse was to retarded to marry in the first place. And that is the extra expensive over a divorce in a state without no fault legislation. The biggest expense is time since court clerks will bump you to the bottom of any judicial docket.
WorldTraveler
Experienced Poster

Things in the Philippines Seldom Work Out this Well

Post by WorldTraveler »

After dating in the Philippines for many years, I have to say they are both were very lucky. People have ended up dead for small things there. David is very lucky that his Filipina loved him more than she did her family. I'd say most Filipinas put their family ahead of the Foreign man and even though they profess great love, they really show their first allegiance to their family. I've seen men ruin their life and lose their last dollar to a Filipina who really doesn't have allegiance to her foreign man. You never know where the scam is coming from. Men believe many times these poor sweet little girls need a foreign white knight to save them, only to have themselves drown in the quicksand created by them. 90% of the romances end up badly here, because of the nature of the culture and people the men date.

Winston, would you do it again get seriously involved and have a child with a Filipina?
targetguy
Freshman Poster

illigetimate children

Post by targetguy »

8) For a country that has a high illegitimate children rate maybe the law should be changed to force the deadbeat dads to pay something. Having kids there seems to be like chickens laying eggs with no consequences of child support or alamony like the usa. But it seems if a foreigner has illegitimate children that is a double standard or different. It seems to be all about money is the only reason this is made into such a big deal.
no scammers
Raja
Freshman Poster

Post by Raja »

In this specific case the ex husband seems to be the type to kill the new boyfriend and wife. Only the laws of the nation allowed him to use the police to do his dirty work for him
Repatriate
Veteran Poster

Post by Repatriate »

There's a sucker born every day. :lol: Do you guys who keep babbling on about how "single" Filipina women with kids are great still believe they are a good deal? You have to be absolutely stupid to get involved with used goods like this.
chanta76
Experienced Poster

Post by chanta76 »

It's f***ing fantasy.....the Asian women fantasy.....that is being sold here in the west. I think in Asia the local men know their women .but here in the west...lots of western guys have this belief that the grass is greener over there. Maybe some of it is true but most of it is a fantasy.
ExpeditionSailor
Freshman Poster

chanta76 wrote:It's f***ing fantasy.....the Asian women fantasy.....that is being sold here in the west. I think in Asia the local men know their women .but here in the west...lots of western guys have this belief that the grass is greener over there. Maybe some of it is true but most of it is a fantasy.
Then again, a lot of men in North America have no real options when it comes to dating and mating. I agree with you that Asia is not the Disneyland for men some think it is. However, what are men who have no options in their home countries supposed to do? Give up because 'Asia is a fantasy'? Men are going over there and finding wives and girlfriends, so perhaps the situation isn't quite as bad as you make it appear to be. It's like anything else in life, expect too much, and you're bound to be disappointed.

I for one don't believe that 'the grass is greener' in Asia, but it might give me many more options than I have here at home, what with having to contend with stuck-up, perfectionistic women who turn their noses up at me because my looks are less than perfect, or my wallet isn't as thick as they would like.
davewe
Experienced Poster

Post by davewe »

chanta76 wrote:It's f***ing fantasy.....the Asian women fantasy.....that is being sold here in the west. I think in Asia the local men know their women .but here in the west...lots of western guys have this belief that the grass is greener over there. Maybe some of it is true but most of it is a fantasy.
Of course it's a fantasy. For men who love and do well with AW, by all means avoid the fantasy and stay in the West. Last time I checked this site is called Happier Abroad, and it's message is predicated on a certain amount of fantasy.

And yes the grass is greener in many other parts of the world, not because Asia is so perfectly green, but because the grass here is brown as shit.